Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

how do you guys justify paying $15 a month?

rotatorkuf
rotatorkuf
✭✭✭
not trying to troll or anything

but game has almost a criminally low amount of actual endgame content at vr12

(not counting the endless zerg pvp i suppose)

sure $15 isn't much to the majority of us

but, other than paying to beta test for consoles

how do you guys justify it?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good game. cheap entertainment. And since my toons are only at V6 there's still plenty to do.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, I can't justify it. We are talking about 12€ in my case, that's a misery. But to be honest with my mind...I can't pay for this anymore.
    Edited by RazielSR on June 24, 2014 11:48AM
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is going places.

If you cant justify it why stay subbed?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i was thinking i could afford a cute dragon skin cover for my lance , or i could buy a month of game time. So i went with a month of game time.
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple. I'm not exploiting to VR12. I'm playing the game I pay for instead of paying for it then not playing all of it......then complain that there's no content.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »
    Simple. I'm not exploiting to VR12. I'm playing the game I pay for instead of paying for it then not playing all of it......then complain that there's no content.

This. 1000%
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 cents a day. Thats less than a game of pinball.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Vet 12? What is it? With my speed of progression still vet 4. /Played around 20 days
  • TaffyIX
    TaffyIX
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes... The classic "I'm not trying to troll or anything but..."

If you are bored or not having fun, don't sub... Simple
    Breton Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    EU Megaserver
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    so basically, the vet grind is worth $15 to a lot of you lol, dat content i suppose
  • Heinzy
    Heinzy
    ✭✭
    I guess some will say we are paying for continued dev and fixes.
    It certainly is the new norm these days.
    Perhaps ZoS should have labeled the game, early access RPG with multilayer capabilities.

I personally gave them one month after my free one.
    I plaid the night blade to about level 33, the game became increasingly difficult and I min maxed him till I was broke.

I found myself camping anchors and rare spawns to try to gear up. To this day I log in to level my horse and log out. Not sure how I messed up my night blade so bad =(
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploiters are always the loudest complainers.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    TaffyIX wrote: »
    Ah yes... The classic "I'm not trying to troll or anything but..."

If you are bored or not having fun, don't sub... Simple

sigh, just asking a simple question

if you can't answer it legitimately, then don't read
  • Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I remember having this conversation a few minutes ago... with you in guild chat.
    Love the "not trying to troll... but!"
    Edited by Renuo on June 24, 2014 11:52AM
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can sure as heck play ESO a lot longer than the aforementioned game of pinball at the arcade >_>
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rotatorkuf wrote: »

I didn't rush or abuse my way to VR12 so that's a non-issue for me for some time to come. Even IF I get one character to VR12 there'll be at least 3 more to do, by which time I'm sure there'll be more content I've not played.

I don't need to justify it, I currently play 8 MMOs during a typical week and subscribe to 5 of them,. I don't think about the money, it's a hobby and as long as I get enjoyment I'll carry on paying.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on June 24, 2014 11:53AM
  • AtheWunder
    AtheWunder
    Soul Shriven
    Hilgara nailed it. This is a very fun game if you play it as intended and actually do the quests in all 3 factions. Plus its only going to continue to get better, more polished and more content added.

And $15 a month? I spend more than that at taco bell for me wife and kid, and dont think twice about it. Why all the gripe over it. You want to play a great game ya gotta pay for it. If they told you now that you dont have to pay $15 a month, it would not fix your supposed problem of no content at v12.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭

I didn't rush or abuse my way to VR12 so that's a non-issue for me for some time to come. Even IF I get one character to VR12 there'll be at least 3 more to do, by which time I'm sure there'll be more content I've not played.

I don't need to justify it, I currently play 8 MMOs during a typical week and subscribe to 5 of them,. I don't think about the money, it's a hobby and as long as I get enjoyment I'll carry on paying.

fair enough
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so basically, the vet grind is worth $15 to a lot of you lol, dat content i suppose

Good point, if only we had some dungeons we could mindless run over and over again for shiny tokens we could turn in for shiny equipment, or maybe hundreds of repeatable quest to do over and over, maybe some rep to grind, dat content i suppose.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 24, 2014 11:54AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is now about pinball.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    AtheWunder wrote: »
    Hilgara nailed it. This is a very fun game if you play it as intended and actually do the quests in all 3 factions. Plus its only going to continue to get better, more polished and more content added.

And $15 a month? I spend more than that at taco bell for me wife and kid, and dont think twice about it. Why all the gripe over it. You want to play a great game ya gotta pay for it. If they told you now that you dont have to pay $15 a month, it would not fix your supposed problem of no content at v12.

everything you mentioned as a plus, is single player content, just saying...

not griping over it, curious, read OP
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having fun.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PVP more than 60 hours a month. At 25¢ an hour, it's a deal for me. I paid $12 to see "Edge of Tomorrow" which comes to more than x24 the cost per hour of entertainment.
    Edited by Vis on June 24, 2014 11:56AM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    i have "fun" just logging in and crafting/trading

but as it stands, i'm unsubbed (ohnoes he said the U word)

only because there's almost nothing to do, and i'm not interested in zerg pvp
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no justification for a subsciption-fee for this substandard product that was released too early and seems to still be in the testing stage.
    I lyke not this quill.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AtheWunder wrote: »

everything you mentioned as a plus, is single player content, just saying...

not griping over it, curious, read OP
    Bare minimum, I pay $15 dollars to watch other players run by me as I solo quest. Well worth the price to make my world feel more alive. Seriously though, get a job.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »
    There is no justification for a subsciption-fee for this substandard product that was released too early and seems to still be in the testing stage.
    He didn't use justify the way you seem to think he did.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on June 24, 2014 11:58AM
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I have your stuff?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Swordguy
    Swordguy
    ✭✭✭
    How does anyone justify spending money on anything that is a luxury? I can spend more than 15 dollars in a single 2 hour visit to the movie theater, or buy coffee at starve bucks every day of the week.

If someone has to justify spending money on a luxury, they probably can't afford it to begin with.
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, GUN LOADS YOU!

Do you Troll bait?

Support Soundcloud, its' artists and listen to millions of free tracks...
    Like Mine! ---> https://soundcloud.com/swordguy/party-in-the-dui
    Or This Brilliant Track ----> https://soundcloud.com/teknolog1st/cstriker
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do you justify asking others about how or why they spend there money?
    Edited by Laura on June 24, 2014 12:00PM