Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

how do you guys justify paying $15 a month?

• Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »
    There is no justification for a subsciption-fee for this substandard product that was released too early and seems to still be in the testing stage.

Just curious why are you still here?

Cos o accidentally bought a 6 month sub to this... Effort. If i cant get my monies worth from the game i shall get some from the forum instead
    I lyke not this quill.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see...$15...... per month.... on something i spend a lot of my free time doing..

I spent $28 on lunch just today....

^

This a good answer?
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    not trying to troll or anything

but game has almost a criminally low amount of actual endgame content at vr12

(not counting the endless zerg pvp i suppose)

sure $15 isn't much to the majority of us

but, other than paying to beta test for consoles

how do you guys justify it?

There are many issues i have with TESO despite it being a good game at its core, $15 bucks a month to play it isn't even on my list of them.

Some weeks back i broke it down to another poster over the length of several posts, i'll skip right to the end here. $15 for a month of entertainment i have access to pretty much whenever i want to access it is crazy cheap.

For me, in my residential area, its just under $20 for one movie ticket. This is before adding any other costs that you will incur in a simple trip to the movie theater. And that is for a movie lasting at most 2 and a half hours of one single day.

Pay it or not. I've not understood the crazy backlash at paying what is and has been an MMO standard sub fee for the last two decades almost.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am loving the game and $15 (or £8.99 in UK) is absolutely nothing! I can spend twice that standing in a bar for an hour.

With TESO I get 'n' amount of hours of fun, sweat, tears and a few '[snip]' for good measure. Been a while since I have enjoyed a MMO so much or been so frustrated about tough boss fights (TSW was the last one I played that I found tough but fun...)

If you can't afford the sub or can't justify it, don't...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 24, 2014 12:51PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went to the movies last weekend and spent almost $20 for a movie that was less than 2 hours. If I play more than an hour and a half a month I've got my money's worth.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy, she gets money to go out to lunch with her friends, I get money for vodka and game subs !

;)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15$ a month? I jsut don't eat that large Pizza pie i usually use to get a month
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheaper 100h/month fun than cinema or blu-ray 2h fun.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't WoW. I have no need of 'end-game' content. The 1-50 is keeping me plenty entertained at the moment.

Have 2 VR character that have completed their stories and working on a 3rd one solo. Also have 3 characters that are synced up and playing with friends when we have time to co-op together.

We will have to see if there will ever be new content for those of us that don't feel the need to be "max level" by playing everything all on one character. That might be the only thing that stops me from playing eventually.
  • neidzwiedzub17_ESO
    neidzwiedzub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TESO was never meant to be a rush to max level and the endlessly run a and rerun dungeons. It was ment to be Skyrim et al with friends and that's exactly what it is. It won't be most peoples cup of tea for sure, but there are plenty of us out there who have been waiting for this model for a good while now. I personally enjoy taking time, reading all the quest stories and becoming emersed in the world.
    I walk alone,
    If our paths converge
    We may share the road
    When our paths diverge
    I walk alone.
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    my honest opinion is that i can't justify it...
    personally i don't like the grind or have the time to get to VR12 at the moment.
    i think it's a good game and can't wait till i have the time to play it properly.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why I justify the monthly sub. Because TESO, drop my monthly entertainment costs from £190 to £9.
    Three months now, I didn't had to pay for

Netflix sub £7,
    World of Tanks £17,
    Austerlitz (PBM game) £40,
    Cinema, DVDs (around £20 per week)
    two new games a month £50

Also that I prefer to play TESO than eating or drinking beer, while watching a film because I am idle, brought a sheer drop of another ~£100 from my food bill and losing weight also.

If it was a month, the numbers could be small enough to see, but after three months my balance account has £1K extra in it.
    (did savings on fuel, by not going to the super market or cinema all the time also)

Basically that has come into what the situation was, when I was playing UO & DAOC from 1997 to 2012. :)

So yes, a sub for me is money well spend.

(you can LoL as much you like, but I am £1K better off already and laughing).

• Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I play the whole game (and there's lots of it), I don't worry about the endgame or factor that in at all when making my decisions.
    And of course, there at many more reasons why pay-to-play is desirable (and understandable from a provider point of view) over free-to-play.

^This right here...theres more to the game grinding your way to VR12, and for lore buffs out there, there is even more
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    I normally buy at least one game a week on Steam, and often two or three. Since the release of ESO I have not bought (or played) any other game. I'm into this game around $115 now and it has easily saved me a couple of hundred bucks that I would have spent during that time otherwise.

A pretty good value from my perspective...
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see ...
    1. I gave up smoking cigarettes about 15 years ago and now I'm reaping the financial rewards ... and
    2. I used to spend $20 a month getting a haircut until I bought myself a $19 head shaver. I now give myself a No.2 once a month.
    3. For the past 2 years I've only had cold showers. Huge savings on my hot water bill there and I haven't had a sniffle in two years now.
    4. Most days I walk to work so I'm saving on fuel ..
    5. I make my own lunch from left overs.
    6. I eat road kill .. and that saves my butcher's bill
    7. When my milk goes off ... I call it Yoghurt .. apparently it's very healthy
    8. I 'borrow' my neighbour's newspaper from his lawn and put it back before he notices in the morning ...
    9. I don't watch TV or buy take-away and ...
    10. I home brew.

As you can see I'm hauling in the savings hand over fist and more than justified spending on ESO ...

$15 a month for unlimited gameplay in a game I REALLY enjoy? Totally worth it! VBG
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    best part about this game is crafting so far

except the stupid amount of yellow upgrade mats needed for each legendary piece....even with the expertise passive its 8 wtfmate
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its cheap compared to a new Porsche, more interesting than a pinball game, tastier than a taco bill, about the same price as WoW, and more expensive than a non-sub game/mmo.

I can only justify the price if the game is keeping me entertained, and I don't think I could use that game entertainment money on a better game/toy.

There are several non-sub games that I think are as good or better than ESO in various ways, but I have played them to death so I pay my $45 and have some fun for a few months.

Can I justify $15/month for this over the long term? Maybe if the game was more responsive so I could actually pvp/fight properly; but with Dragon Age Inquisition, Destiny, and then EQN coming along (among others) it seems like it would be a waste of money. I can always just go to one of several other non-sub games for some pvp....

But its actually a good question OP, if you haven't been conditioned to expect mmos to cost $15/month it does make you wonder why people hang around for the long run. I guess its mainly a social thing and hanging out in a world you like plus a growing disincentive to leave once you have invested a lot of time and energy into a game?

• Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    OP plays the game so much that he finishes everything, and then acts like he got ripped off... K. Crying about a game that you just spent more time on than all girls in your life combined.

At this point to not have basically been through everything you either average an hour every couple days or you are just very bad at the game.

How do you come to this conclusion? I haven't finished getting to fifty, both views are narrow and this is why people call this community toxic. Look as in anything in life we are all different and remember the Wizards first Rule.
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always end up spending more on F2P games anyway. When a games survival depends on how much it can squeeze out of you day to day the bean counters tend to have more control than the developers.
  • Dusty5
    Dusty5
    ✭✭✭
    OP stand your ground and never say sorry to anyone when it comes to your money. Personally I will continue to hammer issues in this forum and elsewhere until things are fixed or ZOS starts refunds. You should as well as any other Adult paying the fees. If other fanboi's get butthurt over this its their problem not yours.
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    so basically, the vet grind is worth $15 to a lot of you lol, dat content i suppose

Pure trolling; shut this down.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $15.00 a month is change between the couch cushions. You can't spend a night at the movies, out to dinner, at a bar, practically any event or entertainment is going to cost you a lot more than that. Just forgo one of these activities each month, and that equates several months of game time.
  • MrMT
    MrMT
    ✭✭✭
    This is the state of ESO: a weak unoriginal troll gets three pages of comments and rising.
  • Lunshea
    Lunshea
    ✭✭✭

Then, why is 99% of what you write below trolling? Severely lousy trolling as well...yawn...
    But since I grabbed the bait, what the heck...I will probably hit v12 on my first character around Christmas...so couldn't care less...

That 15$ is less than the durability loss on my keyboard answering your troll post...

On the other side; having loads of fun in a mmo that fits my gameplay perfectly while almost never experiencing any gamebreaking bugs justifies the sub fee for me!
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty good entertainment for 50 cents a day. I guess it's all in how you look at it. I can't even buy junk food or soda out of the vending machines at work for that price anymore.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 bucks is a burger and a good craft beer at my neighborhood bar. This is the game I'm currently playing. I don't even think about it.

I prefer subs to getting nickel and dimes at every turn in ftp games. And I think it keeps the meth addicts and turds out to a degree.

That's not to say I'm thrilled with the unfinished state they released the game in tho.
    Edited by Fleymark on June 24, 2014 1:09PM
  • ZheinLevin
    ZheinLevin
    ✭✭
    It's better than cable tv.
    NA Ebonheart Pact
    Cuddles the Tyrant - VR16 Orc Dragon Knight | Little Whirlwind - VR16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Boogie Wonderland - VR6 Redguard Templar | Flabby Tabby - Noob Khajiit Nightblade
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I haven't gotten to the endgame yet, spreading playing between several characters I'm still low level, and it's still fun for me.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MrMT wrote: »
    This is the state of ESO: a weak unoriginal troll gets three pages of comments and rising.

Not really an accurate measuring stick to use against the whole game.

It is a patch day and i bet forum traffic is up due to ppl coming to read patch notes. And i bet plenty stayed a few extra min after reading them and posted in a few threads, like this one, to pass the time.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been playing since pre-launch. Still not VR12.

Already made several alts, and found content I didn't do yet! In the same alliance!

Lots of achievements, dungeons, VR dungeons, etc still to go.

If you skipped everything in a rush to get to VR12, how can you legitimately complain about no content?
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.