The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Templar Update

• Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Kcttocs wrote: »
    Reco wrote: »
    Also please remove the synergy granted to allies by Spear Shards and their morphs. Restoring 25% Stamina is simply useless. Nobody in groups ever uses my synergy and it only gets in the way. I even encountered a group member asking me to stop throwing Spear Shards because "I was blocking his more useful synergy for his friend in the group!" :(
    25% stamina to your tank is not useless. He should be gobbing those up from you and thanking you. What other synergy was it blocking?
    Some that was dealing proper AoE damage and CC. And I agreed with him. The synergy is useless. Remove it please or replace it with something more useful. Thanks.

Options
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Also please remove the synergy granted to allies by Spear Shards and their morphs. Restoring 25% Stamina is simply useless. Nobody in groups ever uses my synergy and it only gets in the way. I even encountered a group member asking me to stop throwing Spear Shards because "I was blocking his more useful synergy for his friend in the group!" :(
    25% stamina to your tank is not useless. He should be gobbing those up from you and thanking you. What other synergy was it blocking?
    Some that was dealing proper AoE damage and CC. And I agreed with him. The synergy is useless. Remove it please or replace it with something more useful. Thanks.
    Hmm... guess that say's it all then.. lol

Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synergies should buff *both* parties, the one who dropped the synergy ability, AND the one who activated the synergy on the ability.

We would see a lot more synergy use, which would, in turn, benefit player skill and a well coordinated group.
    Options
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭

Does it? But your post doesn't say much. If you have nothing useful to add to this discussion, it's better to not clutter this important thread with such posts.

Either post a counter-argument to my argument (AoE damage + CC is better than 25% stamina restore) or please remain silent. Thanks.
    Edited by Reco on August 9, 2014 7:36AM
    Options
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭

Does it? But your post doesn't say much. If you have nothing useful to add to this discussion, it's better to not clutter this important thread with such posts.

Either post a counter-argument to my argument (AoE damage + CC is better than 25% stamina restore) or please remain silent. Thanks.

Dude, I already said my say, 25% stamina to your tank is not useless. I asked what synergy you were blocking and you didn't say, and still don't say, so that was my point. Don't forget, Spear Shards is also AoE damage has CC and gives 25% stamina return to whom ever takes the synergy, which is awesome to a tank... So I ask again what was it blocking? I know when I am tanking, I grab every synergy, one right after the other, I don't care what it is, I am gobbling those suckers up. I don't know for certain, but from experience, you can't block a synergy with another, you just have to gobble one up before the other is available. Pretty sure you can block and use synergy at the same time, so I don't see what the big deal is. If I am tanking for you and I have to block a lot of hard hits, I am thankful to have a Templar healer with that spear shard, but what do I know. You and your friend must know it all.

Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really need to fix Solar Flare and Dark Flare :( it says it buffs the next ability but it doesn't! If you cast Solar Flare and Sun fire straight after, it does NOT get the damage increase stated in the tooltip! The Solar Flare takes much longer to fly to the target, making it insanely difficult to time your next ability to make sure that it gets the intended damage buff. You actually have to pause for a second or so between the 2 abilities.
    Furthermore, why doesn't solar flare work at all with most abilities? THIS NEEDS TO BE CLEAR IN THE TOOLTIP...
    Options
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    I asked what synergy you were blocking and you didn't say, and still don't say
    I did. You should read what I wrote. AoE+CC synergies are much more useful than restore 25% stamina. In fact ANY synergy in the game is probably more useful than 25% stamina restore. And the anecdote I gave you supports this. I've never seen anyone use my spear shard synergy. That means it's practically useless. Period.
    Edited by Reco on August 11, 2014 2:23PM
    Options
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    I asked what synergy you were blocking and you didn't say, and still don't say
    I did. You should read what I wrote. AoE+CC synergies are much more useful than restore 25% stamina. In fact ANY synergy in the game is probably more useful than 25% stamina restore. And the anecdote I gave you supports this. I've never seen anyone use my spear shard synergy. That means it's practically useless. Period.
    And again I ask the same question, but here is a link with a list of synergies to choose from.My guess is you must be thinking of blocking someones Ultimate, but any ways, I am done responding to you. Obviously you have no clue. I've already explained to you how the 25% stamina synergy is useful, not to mention spearshard is an AoE and CC. You must be one of those guys that would spam it over and over. I've seen lots of players doing that. Any ways enjoy your life.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/synergies-guide-for-what-does-what/

Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... how's that Templar magicka sustain buff coming?

It's the one thing virtually everyone agrees the Templars need... but I haven't heard a thing about it from the developers since they acknowledged the problem more than a month ago.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not such a thing for now. So far it's got small buffs on survival (shield/radial sweep) and dps (really small, actually), but no magicka sustain boost. Can't wait.
    Options
  • Draxuul
    Draxuul
    ✭✭✭

It's the one thing virtually everyone agrees the Templars need... but I haven't heard a thing about it from the developers since they acknowledged the problem more than a month ago.

I`ve only played Templar so far . I have two characters , one is a templar in full heavy plate and uses a greatsword and a bow . The other is a Templar in partial heavy and partial light armor and uses 1 resto staff and 1 destruction staff and i have so far not seen a need for extra magicka sustainance .

There is a bunch of food and drinks available to help with that . Plus heavy armor as recently received a boost in it`s passives to help with Magicka sustainance and light armor has always been the one to go for magicka sustainance .

People need to use regular left click attacks a bit more and not just spam abilities that cost magicka and stamina all the time . You need to try and manage your magicka and stamina , get some regen bonuses from gear and jewelry, carry potions and such and always throw in a few regular attacks in between abilities so that you don`t end up emptying your magicka in the first 20 seconds of a fight .

Draxuul
    Be who you want to be , do what you want to do, play the way you want to play.

The Prophet once said :``There is no perfect choice , there are only other choices. ``

Same goes for your build. There is no perfect build, there are only other builds.

My name is Draxuul and i approve this message .

Options
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Draxuul wrote: »

I`ve only played Templar so far . I have two characters , one is a templar in full heavy plate and uses a greatsword and a bow . The other is a Templar in partial heavy and partial light armor and uses 1 resto staff and 1 destruction staff and i have so far not seen a need for extra magicka sustainance .
    Draxuul

What you are missing and the main gripe is that we have to use jewels with enchantments or other items to even be on par with other classes and their majika regen. So that takes away an extra buff that we could apply to something else like spell power or more health. Try making two toons one a sorc, DK or NB and the other a Templar and compare how much time it takes for you mana to regenerate and you will see right off the bat what I am talking about. Templars Majika regen is nerfed right off the bat.
    Options
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The warlock set nerf really hurt templars. Pretty much every templar was required to use the 3 jewelry pieces to help with our magika issues. Now we have to give up 2 more slots if we don't want to run out of magika mid fight.

Please look into Templar's resource management. We are the only class that has to suffer like this.
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I will agree with @NerfEverything‌ the situation isn't that dire.

I went with 5 Part Seducer (2 light 3 heavy), 5 Part Soulshine (2 heavy 3 jewels), 2 Part Torug's Pact (shield, sword).
    2 Magicka reduction gold glyphs, and 1 magicka regen gold.

While the magicka regen hovers at 111, the reduce costs pays off and Puncturing Sweep costs 260 magicka on my Khajiit Templar. Also the extra spell power from Soulshine offsets the lack of power glyphs also, and usually is over capped.

I use it since last week on Cyrodiil, and works well. Yes it could get better, compared to Sorcerers, or NB & DK costs comparison, however it gets as good as possible.

I know that Breton & Altmer with same configuration, are more powerful, while Imperials have more survival ability. But is ok.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on August 14, 2014 8:45AM
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week, still no mana recovery for Templars.

The class is by no means broken, and I've been seeing more and more in PvP lately, so the situation is not entirely terrible. But seriously guys, this is getting a little worrisome: the problem has been acknowledged for almost two months now, virtually everyone agrees that the Templar's big weakness is mana recovery. It has been broken since Restoring Spirit was nerfed in beta. So please, can we finally get some help in this regard, and make the class as optimal as the Sorceror and DK? Sometime this year, perhaps?
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on August 18, 2014 4:35PM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    The class is by no means broken
    Being forced to wear cloth and an armor set I don't want is by no means "functional", especially when it's just to be viable with the scrubbiest of the other classes.
    and I've been seeing more and more in PvP lately
    I've been seeing more of us become suicide bombers or resort to specs/playstyles we don't want, precious little more than that. I postulate the sort of person playing a Templar now, in this game, are of the same cut or are at least similar to the sort of players that wracked themselves with Ret' Paladins in vanilla WoW.

I'd like to proffer this suggestion: forget everything else, just give me an impenetrable bubble and means of teleporting to safety instantly and I'll be happy.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that the leveling process in ESO is so involved. By time the FOTM jumpers get to V12
    The class is by no means broken
    Being forced to wear cloth and an armor set I don't want is by no means "functional", especially when it's just to be viable with the scrubbiest of the other classes.
    and I've been seeing more and more in PvP lately
    I've been seeing more of us become suicide bombers or resort to specs/playstyles we don't want, precious little more than that. I postulate the sort of person playing a Templar now, in this game, are of the same cut or are at least similar to the sort of players that wracked themselves with Ret' Paladins in vanilla WoW.

I'd like to proffer this suggestion: forget everything else, just give me an impenetrable bubble and means of teleporting to safety instantly and I'll be happy.

The suicide bombers are those that don't know anything about the class and are just playing it because of the buff. Those that have been playing Templar since launch remove the suicide from the bomber. We bomb and survive.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    Not sure what build people are using, but I've been seeing quite a few awesome templars lately clearing entire 5+ spawns in public dungeons by themselves. >.>
    Leonine Tigeress
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still feel Templars are slightly under powered. I don't think we are hitting as hard as we should to be in line with other classes. Yeah we can survive better than other classes but we should have equal damage output as others.

Resource management is slightly off as well. I think the 15% bonus we get from resplendence and its counterpart should be higher. Especially when it comes to health and stamina. Would be nice to see it apply to all 3 stats.
    Options
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absynthe wrote: »
    Not sure what build people are using, but I've been seeing quite a few awesome templars lately clearing entire 5+ spawns in public dungeons by themselves. >.>

Yes, now Templars can do what the other classes have been doing since launch.
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Yeah we can survive better than other classes but we should have equal damage output as others.

Sorry but I don't agree with that. We can survive as good as other classes now with correct build. Check for other classes 1vs X for reference, that is by no means a (new) Templar's thing alone. Let's not mix stuff please.
    Survivability is working now, single target DPS sucks big time, and resource management could see some love - although it's improved as a side effect of new softcaps with the right sets, but so has for the rest of classes.
    Edited by JLB on August 23, 2014 11:58AM
    Options
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    @JLB Are you talking about Nightblades? I highly doubt it.
    Leonine Tigeress
    Options
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absynthe wrote: »
    @JLB Are you talking about Nightblades? I highly doubt it.
    No, NB's are probably the exception if we talk strictly PvP. But there are some videos out there of Nightblades soloing AA bosses, which as far as I know, I have yet to see another class do.
    But not trying to throw daggers to NBs here. Just like Templar, NBs also have a specific developer forum threat for a good reason.
    I just don't agree with all the fuzz about survival, and Blazing Shields, when some videos out there with Templar playing like godmodes are suspicious, to say the least, and Templar is not the only class with a (class) shield that hits enemies.
    Options
  • SVKFrankenstein
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get some official response please ? Like :
    "Yes , Templars going to see some DPS boosts in End game content soon" or
    "Screw you guys , you are going to heal till end of times" ?

I know all those Templars are now happy with their Blazing Shields exploding in PvP all around , but there are still few of us who are wanting to be usefull as End game PvE Damage dealers .
    We are like third patch after implementing Trials and new Trial is almost here and our situation is still same as before .
    That one boost to Sun Fire and Flare was not help at all . Everyone was happy because you guys from Zenimax acknowledged we are in pretty bad spot but nothing happened since . And we are still staying in this bad spot :(
    Edited by SVKFrankenstein on August 23, 2014 10:07PM
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templars have waited long enough. Back in beta Zen acknowledge we need something to replace the magicka regeneration you took away. It has NEVER happened.

It is about time the Devs fixed the magicka utility of Templars to be on par with the other 3 classes. Our abilities cost the most, our magicka regen is the worst and our DPS is th e worst. This is an embarrassingly sad state to leave 1 of 4 classes in since beta and has long past the time when it should have been addressed.

1. I can live with DPS IF we were not so magicka limited.
    2. I can live with magicka limited if we had great DPS
    3. I could live with both IF we actually were the boss healers in PVE/PVP but we are not. We are marginally better in both. We do not shine enough in either to warrant our current DPS/magicka handicaps.
    Edited by Skwor on August 24, 2014 2:53PM
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people still going on in this thread. Templar are beast now.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not for end-game pve.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    @Absynthe

Just to point out, anyone who spams pulsar (with 13% enemy max health reduction), has relevant passives, spams other AoEs, and wears light armor (possibly with trait and set bonuses, such as getting 60%+ spell crit chance from their gear) can solo a public dungeon at-level.

You'll be prevented from doing this while you're leveling because you won't have access to pulsar or all the relevant passives you need, since you can't even unlock everything until level 50. But once you're VR1, you should be able to solo public dungeons easily, especially after the VR difficulty nerf. It may be possible pre-Coldharbour as well.

This isn't related to classes, it's related to destro staff + light armor. I have seen sorcerers, dragonknights, templars, and even nightblades do the same. For tight spots, players have a self-heal on one of their bars (usually with a resto staff on bar 2).

It becomes much harder to solo like this (I'm speaking from experience) if you're using medium or heavy armor, don't have the armor passives, and/or using a stamina-based (ex. dual wield in my case) build.

Edit: survivability has nothing to do with dps; dps is still a problem. Heals (Breath of Life) are good for survivability if you can get the 33% - 36%+ spell cost reduction based on jewelry, light armor, set bonuses, and racial passives, and then you can just keep spamming... until you go oom (while another player with the same gear build may not). Keep in mind that 29% - 32% spell cost reduction is available to all classes (regardless of weapon choice like resto staff) and that templar abilities are still more expensive than most others.
    Edited by MeowGinger on August 24, 2014 4:29PM
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No they are not. DK's are still beast followed by Sorc's, NB next and Temps last in PVP. Not saying a Templar is bad just that they still have the biggest magicka handicap and it is unbalancing.
    Edited by Skwor on August 24, 2014 5:25PM
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars last in PvP? Enough with the lies.
    Options
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are right, last spot on the list is probably shared 50/50 between Templars and NBs in PVP.
    Regarding PVE, there's no doubt who owns the very last place since launch and there's nothing on the horizon that make us think that will change any time soon.
    Options