Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar Update

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week goes by, and still no help on the mana regen issue.

At this point, i think we need to stop asking for the promised fix (ZOS did actually say they heard their players loud and clear that templars needed mana regen, but nothing has happened for months now), and start asking for a clarification: does ZOS intend to make changes, or are templar considered fixed. Because it has been a couple of months now and nothing has been done.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Joined a trial group as v12 templar dps
    kicked + replaced from said group for a v6 NB dps

can tell something is wrong with us when stuff like that happens

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been long enough now I just play DK instead.
  • pjbaitson
    pjbaitson
    Soul Shriven
    Cogo wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the update Jessica!!!!

My trust in Zenimax keeps growing. Soon I dont think I need to check forums anymore. bugs gets fixed, balancing works. new stuff comes in game.

Awesome!

To everyone else who complains when Zenimax is listening to you and do focus on YOUR class, I am starting to be ASHAMED over being part of a community of players who can not say "thank you" for update about their class fixes

Hi Guys,
    While we're happy and delighted with improvements, there is still a lot wrong with the game that Zenimax really needs to sort out, remember we're paying to play this game and I've personally never experienced a game with so many things wrong with it.
    Paul.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add magical to the buff when repentance is slotted. 15% regeneration or up it to 20% regeneration all stats could dramatically improve the mana management.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Add magical to the buff when repentance is slotted. 15% regeneration or up it to 20% regeneration all stats could dramatically improve the mana management.

That would be my choice as well.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Hey Jessica, any word about Templars? Can we expect more improvements any time soon? 1.4.x? 1.5?
    Would appreciate some info. Been a long time since you mentioned you heard us clear and loud, but so far no improvements on magicka sustain or class' skills DPS.
    Thanks.
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the months of cricket chirrups and tumbleweed as follow through on the "nightblade update" is anything to go by you may see some action by christmas.
    I wish you all good luck.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand it now. They heard us 'loud and clear'. They just decided not to do anything about it.

We should call up the Heavy Armor wearers and Werewolves, and try to run trials together... because we won't be getting into groups otherwise.
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on August 27, 2014 6:49PM
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand it now. They heard us 'loud and clear'. They just decided not to do anything about it.

We should call up the Heavy Armor wearers and Werewolves, and try to run trials together... because we won't be getting into groups otherwise.

hahah nice, that picture made me laugh.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pfft. Templars are so OP in pvp how can it suck in pve?
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmm, sorry... Nope.

Templars are probably the hardest class to kill in pvp at the moment when played properly. The problem with templars is the same problem nightblades have... Most are awful.

If the upper echlon of players started playing temps, we'd be talking nerfs instead of buff's.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmm, sorry... Nope.

Templars are probably the hardest class to kill in pvp at the moment when played properly. The problem with templars is the same problem nightblades have... Most are awful.

If the upper echlon of players started playing temps, we'd be talking nerfs instead of buff's.
    most people here are talking about end-game PVE, not PVP.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Lizelle
    Lizelle
    ✭✭✭
    v12 Templar DPS is still not viable in Trials. I really hope this can be fixed as DPS has the most slots in a raid... Right now we have to fight over the 2 healing spots or the 1 tank slot...
    PVP is fine because we have survivability, PVE DPS sucks and has for quite some time. Here's hoping they fix us soon...
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars need a skill or passive working like NB' siphoning strikes (drain m/s/h from light and heavy attacks. Sure we have restoring aura but it's costs 300ish magicka for only 10 secs and affects only stamina and health regen
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that there is currently only one Templar in the top 28 (screenshot only showed the top 28) in terms of APs speaks volumes:

http://i.imgur.com/ov8nOZ8.png

There are 13 DKs, 8 Sorcs, 6 NBs... and 1 Templar.

ZOS certainly has the numbers to show Templars are far behind all other classes right now in terms of who is playing them and how successful they are as classes. That's not even considering the problems with Templars in trials.
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on August 31, 2014 10:28PM
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that there is currently only one Templar in the top 28 (screenshot only showed the top 28) in terms of APs speaks volumes:

http://i.imgur.com/ov8nOZ8.png

ZOS certainly has the numbers to show Templars are far behind all other classes right now in terms of who is playing them and how successful they are as classes. That's not even considering the problems with Templars in trials.

Don't you know that just means everyone who plays templars are just "bads."
    Obviously that must be the problem.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm, sorry... Nope.

Wrong, as I see upper end players playing them. Hard to kill yes but DK's are even harder.

I love how this logic works, somehow all the good players play DK's and Sorc's and all the bad players must be playing Temps and NBs, this is a classic logical fallacy, look up the name of the fallacy Argumentum ad populum since you seem fond of employing it.

Sorry but that just doesn't fly given the number of players in the game, it is beyond statistical probability to assume nearly all of two classes must be bad players as an explanation for those classes poor performance.
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭

Very telling indeed.
    Edited by Reco on September 1, 2014 5:57PM
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering, maybe it is a good idea to make a compilation of bugs you'd like to see fixed for Templars in this threat. Just referring to actual bugs, not suggestions on changes / boosts.
    Please feel free to add any bug you think should be fixed within the class passives/abilities.

BUGS TO FIX:

Focused Charge (and morphs):
    -spear charge animation bugs in combat, gets stuck on the animation and doesn't allow you to do anything else. Sometimes the bug lasts for more than 10 seconds, and seems related to the amount of lag in that moment.
    -internal cooldown of 1.5s-3s after charging where you can't cast any ability.

Solar Barrage:
    -internal cooldown for 0.5s/1s where you can't cast any ability.

Rushed Ceremony (and morphs):
    -"Smart heal" auto target doesn't work properly, not targeting the ally with lowest Health (specially in PvP). This makes it very unreliable and random heal or selfheal: even if caster has the lowest Health, it often targets random allies with more Health than caster.

Blazing Shield:
    -Damage stacks and hits for much more than it should.
    -Shield magnitude doesn't increase by a 4% for each enemy nearby as tooltip says.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLB wrote: »

-"Smart heal" auto target doesn't work properly, not targeting the ally with lowest Health (specially in PvP). This makes it very unreliable and random heal or selfheal: even if caster has the lowest Health, it often targets random allies with more Health than caster.

Is this confirmed as a bug? I certainly would like it to work the way you say (healing the caster first), but I'm not sure that is a bug.

VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current Trials leaderboards:

1 Templar in the top 10 weekly
    1 Templar in the top 10 Aetherian
    1 Templar in the top 10 Hel Ra

I think I see a pattern...
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think bugs belong to this thread. This is about new features and enhancements. Not bug fixes.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this confirmed as a bug? I certainly would like it to work the way you say (healing the caster first), but I'm not sure that is a bug.

It is when caster has less Health but the skill keeps targeting higher Health allies.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reco wrote: »
    I don't think bugs belong to this thread. This is about new features and enhancements. Not bug fixes.
    Yes they do.
    let us know what other Templar fixes and improvements you'd like to see.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breath of life doesn't even come close to targteting the ones with lowest health.
    It is without a doubt one of the worste coded abilities in the game. I've simply lost track of how a times my templar has been the one with the lowest health in the vicinity and his breath of life continiued to health almost full health allies in stead. Have had so many instances where I had to spam it 5-6 times before it would execute on my own character.

Anyone playing a templar and use this abilities most likely know what I mean.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talking about Rushed Ceremony (Honor the Dead/Breathe of Life), I wonder:

Is there is anyone out there using Healing Ritual (Ritual of Rebirth/Lingering Ritual) at all?

Seems to me a wasted skill slot, as it's a bad version (channeled, much smaller radius) of Rushed Ceremony. At least I don't see any reason to use it if I can use Rushed Ceremony morphs.

Imo, Healing Ritual could be completely reworked and transformed into a more group utility skill, A group HoT that DoTs enemies in the area, a x% damage reducing aura, I don't know, there are a lot of possibilities.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, Healing Ritual could be completely reworked and transformed into a more group utility skill, A group HoT that DoTs enemies in the area, a x% damage reducing aura, I don't know, there are a lot of possibilities.

This is exactly what needs to be done. Give a good reason to players use this skill in PvP more frequently instead of just spamming healing springs all the way.

Couple of things come into my mind
    - Increase the radius. Lets say 20?
    - Lower the cast time to at least 1.3-1.5 like the other channeled spells in game
    - Make it can proc instant cast like sorcerer's top1 skill
    - Add immunity, but let a simple bash can interrupt it.
    - Add reliable HoT instead of heal again after 8 sec
    - Add dmg reduction aura as you said. Or a little damage shield maybe?
    - Increase healing done
    - Or just lower the healing done but add restore X amount of magicka and stamina to group and caster
    Edited by Soris on September 3, 2014 4:20PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Reco wrote: »
    Yes they do.
    let us know what other Templar fixes and improvements you'd like to see.

They can fix templar by redesigning it. Bugfixes don't need a special dev thread. You just type /bug in game chat and then report the bugs.
    Edited by Reco on September 3, 2014 7:08PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinding light and its morphs should have increased range, it is useless in PvP with 5 meters range only.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer