Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

DIscussions: Dual-Wield Skills and Passives

CaptainSilverbrow
CaptainSilverbrow
✭✭✭
Part Uno of my suggestions series. Hi hi!

With regard to the Dual-Wield skill line, particularly its passives, I'll relegate the suggestions herein to two tables; one, "Primary", being those I strongly recommend for adding (rather than removing; hear me out) styles of play and making particular tertiary mechanics baseline and more reliable, with minimal consequence to ease of balance, the latter table being "Secondary", mechanical changes that would require proper testing. Values herein are mostly arbitrary, as my focus is on the individual mechanics and tweaks. Incumbent passive and skill names are bolded.

Primary
•Increase Rapid Strikes' speed bonus to 17% from 15%, so that its IV rank caps at 20%.
•Shift the Weapon Critical bonus to Daggers from Twin Blade and Blunt into Dual-Wield Expert at 5%/10% (unbound from Daggers) in each skillpoint tier respectively, so this Weapon Critical bonus is instead made more accessible, baseline.
•Replace former Weapon Critical bonus to Daggers with (arbitrary value) 15% Attack Speed per dagger equipped. With two daggers equipped, this bonus would total +30% Attack Speed. Rationale: Synergizes with Rapid Strikes (Flurry morph), makes this skill more attractive for those taking advantage of this style of play, as it would opportunistically increase total Weapon Attack Speed by 50%. This effectively opens up an alternative style of play that focuses on attack speed. It's also more dagger-y.
Blood Craze's DoT isn't very useful as is, it isn't a very attractive skill to slot, which is a shame, because I love the concept. Proposal: Halve the DoT's duration to 5 seconds (leave damage as is), or enable it to stack, say, three times.
•Do something with Axes in Twin Blade and Blunt, please. At least... let the Bleed DoT stack (say three times), and/or reduce its duration to 2 seconds, increased by an additional 2 seconds for each application (6 seconds/three stacks, or 10 seconds/five stacks).

Secondary
•Make aforementioned Weapon Attack Speed, in addition to that from Rapid Strikes, the Flurry skill morph, apply to Light, Heavy, and all Dual-Wield skill attacks (not sure if it's already supposed to, anyway).
•Replace Ruffian with a passive that synergizes with the type of enchantment on each weapon. This one's double "secondary", so to speak, as I'm more just tossing out an idea here. Ex:
Sortilegic Duelist
-Frost: 4%/8% chance to chill target for 90 damage over 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Upon sixth successful application/proc, inflict target with Hypothermia, immediately dealing 50% of the DoT's total damage/sum instantly (90*5/2, or 225; again, arbitrary values) and reducing target's Weapon Attack Speed 30% for 3 seconds
-Flame: Increases flame damage by 4%/8%, and each attack gives 3%/5% chance to proc Heat Of The Moment, increasing Weapon Critical Strike chance by 30% for 4 seconds
-Lightning: Single-target Lightning damage instead damages/affects all enemies within 8 meters, and 2%/4% chance to paralyze targets of lightning damage for 3 seconds
Rationale: Lots of proc-based, RNG mechanics make Weapon Attack Speed very attractive.

In closing, I repeat that values are arbitrary, I'm just pitching mechanics here, though that last one was more spur of the moment; maybe it'll inspire some set bonuses. Oh, and inb4 LOL votes~
Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on August 29, 2014 8:48PM