The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templar Update

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dev reactions in a thread on a dev discussion forum. Hmm... :neutral:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    No dev reactions in a thread on a dev discussion forum. Hmm... :neutral:

lol. I thought this was a new Thread.
  • lexxx1986b14_ESO
    lexxx1986b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Need a other class and more abilities, weapons. Most of the people I played with stopped because they said all the classes are extremely generic and the same. And after one and a half years 2 small expansions with no new charecter content is b.s.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need a other class and more abilities, weapons. Most of the people I played with stopped because they said all the classes are extremely generic and the same. And after one and a half years 2 small expansions with no new charecter content is b.s.

http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/28255517 around 49 min mark.

They stated on ESO Live that the lag in cyro is connected to the number of calculations that have to be made by skills. As people started unlocking skills and passives (alliance, mages,fighters guild, undaunted skill lines) it started to bog down the servers. That's the reason for AOE caps.

So adding skills is simply adding lag. Dark Brotherhood skill line is on the way.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/234753/zos-is-this-the-reason-for-aoe-caps-and-the-removal-of-blinding-light-templar-nerf#latest
    Edited by Essiaga on December 7, 2015 5:58AM
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    Been absent from the game for quite a bit. Played Templar at launch and for a short while after.

Having looked at forum posts, I see some changes to the class but not very well received. There's also the ongoing request posts for some kind of magicka regen ability, but I couldn't find anything from the developers in response to that.

I did play a magicka Templar, that's just the kind of role I enjoy. I suppose my general question is (and hoping for a balanced reply):

Has the class been noticeably improved by the recent changes?

Thank you in advance for any informative replies.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it become worse with each update.

Edit; magicka builds are still ok, but there were better times. It's just mediocre at best. Not garbage, but not good enough.
    Edited by Soris on January 10, 2016 9:43PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind to hear ANYTHING from zos regarding templar buffs.
  • Wild_Monk
    Wild_Monk
    ✭✭
    Templar in TESO now - is the weakest class. For masochists.
    Why not give this class the ability, to summon creatures - assistants, like a Sorceser?
    Templar - in light armor, playing alone, is very vulnerable.

Humiliating, to beg for help from different players each time, to win the next boss, to complete the quest, and play down the story.
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wild_Monk wrote: »
    Templar in TESO now - is the weakest class. For masochists.
    Why not give this class the ability, to summon creatures - assistants, like a Sorceser?
    Templar - in light armor, playing alone, is very vulnerable.

Humiliating, to beg for help from different players each time, to win the next boss, to complete the quest, and play down the story.

Templar will be strongest come Thieves Guild, worry not. We remain the best healers, we're capable of tanking, and now we're going to be hitting top DPS in raids too.

As for PvP I'm still working on a new build for that, but I think we're in a good place now (aside from abilities that are STILL broken like Toppling Charge)

And yes, our lack of mobility is still a bit of an issue.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Wild_Monk
    Wild_Monk
    ✭✭
    I would like to say, that I'm sorry for not able to play single in a class " caster - a healer", without support designed creatures.
    In fact, I am very interested in the passing game, in this class.
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For Magiplar PvP spec:

1. Lack of mobility makes us either A. Go vampire and risk our endurance for a bit of mobility/resource management (in a world of 20k+ Dawnbreakers and Camohunters lolrchers) or B. Go heavy armour and give up on damage trading it for tankyness (HA Magiplars are hard to kill but no sustain and no damage, so useless meatsack unless very skilled player).
    2. Lack of burst damage class skill as in we have no damage instacast. We rely on either A. Puncturing Strikes (easiest skill to avoid ever), a skill that was useful for the permastun, which was not intended, so caca anyway or B. Dark Flare, which has nice damage but 0 mobility, maneuverability and is easiest to dodge or reflect than a meteor. Also in 1vX is the most useless piece of skill ever seen. Every other class has instant skills and methods of bursting down enemies.
    3. Lack of role in a group scenario. Whilst we used to be the clear option for healers, now we are useless in comparision to DKs or Sorcerers in terms of PvP healing (all healing skills that are worthy for templars are a no-go in terms of mobility, so they require you to be steady). Now we won't even resurrect other players faster, so what the h are we supposed to do? Fishing and provisioning?
    4. If you invest time and efford in making the game more balanced and you consider that BoL is overpowered (with which I agree to certain extend) then you need to give us something back. Maybe better damage output, maybe better skills usage. Enshorten the cast for Puncturing Sweeps, make Dark Flare an instacast chance proc (same as Cristal Frags) or add a mobility skill class based (magicka rapid type of thing, maybe the other morph of Repentance - Radiant Aura - could grant major expedition same way Rapid does-). You can't just steal the essence of Templars and expect us to just sit there quietly watching how everything we could do is taken from us and the rest of classes get significant buffs or are left this way.
    Edited by roigseguib16_ESO on February 26, 2016 1:06PM
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »
    Templar will be strongest come Thieves Guild, worry not. We remain the best healers, we're capable of tanking, and now we're going to be hitting top DPS in raids too.

As for PvP I'm still working on a new build for that, but I think we're in a good place now (aside from abilities that are STILL broken like Toppling Charge)

And yes, our lack of mobility is still a bit of an issue.

You know I always agree with most of your opinions Ori but for PvP templars are in the weakest stand. There are good magicka templars out there (e.g. Blabafat) but the skill and level of knowledge required for a good performance is not comparable with any other clas.

We are very far from a good place. Is true that we can do certain burst but to be fair, we are not even close to any other class/spec. I PvP with a Magiplar and a Stamknight. With my stamknight I have so many alternatives and so many cc, resource sustain, spameables (wrecking blow, heroic slash, puncture, bows, swords, dw... so many). I can debuff, buff, gain resources, move in the battlefield. I get sessions with 100+ Killing Blows solo or with a 4 man group. With my magicka templar is absurd. And he is better geared (full triglyphs, extremely experienced with the build etc). With my stamina dk on the second day of the build I could already 1vX with no problems at all.

The only thing I agree is significantly easier with a Magicka Templar is soloing resources and keeps, due to the heal of puncturing sweeps on NPCs. That is all, for the rest, I do better with any other spec/class with much less experience.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego