The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you looking for the update she gave here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/269521/statement-about-cheating-prevention-is-missing/p1

well, it wasn't really an update, it was more like "i've added a little bit of information and repeated myself. here you go".

or did she say anything else?
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on 7 June 2016 20:39
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is underwhelming.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you looking for the update she gave here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/269521/statement-about-cheating-prevention-is-missing/p1

well, it wasn't really an update, it was more like "i've added a little bit of information and repeated myself. here you go".

or did she say anything else?

She said neither jack, nor squat.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this going to be like vet levels 2.0 where ZOS looks to the side and whistles pretending nothing is wrong for a year and a half until their playerbase becomes anemic and they're forced to act?

giphy.gif
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Zheg wrote: »
    Is this going to be like vet levels 2.0 where ZOS looks to the side and whistles pretending nothing is wrong for a year and a half until their playerbase becomes anemic and they're forced to act?

We're not finished with our efforts to keep cheaters out of ESO by any means - if anything, the round of bannings you all saw was just the beginning of a multi-faceted effort. Some of it you'll see, some of it you won't (beyond cheaters getting banned.) There's a good possibility we'll quietly roll out what we're working on so that those still using cheat programs aren't tipped off and we catch them in the act.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭

We're not finished with our efforts to keep cheaters out of ESO by any means - if anything, the round of bannings you all saw was just the beginning of a multi-faceted effort. Some of it you'll see, some of it you won't (beyond cheaters getting banned.) There's a good possibility we'll quietly roll out what we're working on so that those still using cheat programs aren't tipped off and we catch them in the act.

How about you make a thread then where you post every month how many cheaters and exploiters you have caught in the past month? You could also add some other numbers like how many bans of each type you handed out or how many exploits have been fixed for example. That way people can see that something is being done about it.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about you make a thread then where you post every month how many cheaters and exploiters you have caught in the past month? You could also add some other numbers like how many bans of each type you handed out or how many exploits have been fixed for example. That way people can see that something is being done about it.

QFT.

Even something quarterly would be nice to see. I'm sure ZOS must understand at this point how your silence on the issues doesn't match up with what many in the MMO community expect.

Sure different companies do things in different ways, and we're not asking for how you do it, just updates that you are doing it and what the effects have been.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can demonstrate your results and capacity without giving away your tactics. Someone posted a video of the speed hack still functioning (among other CE features) early last week. Players have no idea whether you're even capable of detecting small usage of CE, and as such there can be little confidence that opponents aren't still using it. This has led to both toxic (and probably at times accurate) fingerpointing and a questioning of nearly every fight. When you couple the CE possibilities with lag and (still!) unfixed bugs, you can never be sure if your opponent was using CE, or if you just hit a lag spike or health desync. Who wants to play like that?

We don't know if your permabans are actual things because we don't know who you banned and whether they were allowed to come back or not. As such, for anyone that may be back, we cannot monitor them for suspicious behavior because you won't say who they were. It's the equivalent of the guy in HS that said he slept with 43 girls but won't actually give names.

Sorry Jessica, but you guys aren't exactly starting from a place of established trust with your playerbase, you've fumbled on exploiters since launch so it's hard to be reassured by vague details this late in the game. I was hopeful and excited when I saw your initial response, but disappointed and jaded when it fizzled back to the normal ZOS communication and policy. Please remember that you're trying to convince a playerbase that dealt with b****** the sorc and his unbreakable shields for 2 years that you're now being firm on exploiting.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats the point if it will be Smoke & Mirrors and rigged to inspire confidence ?

With my right hand I have the ban hammer.
    With my left hand I have the olive branch.
    Which is more powerful ?

If everyone banned is reinstated 3 days later........clearly ban hammer news is moot.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on 8 June 2016 17:12
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

That's seems pretty reasonable and doable. We'll talk with our Dev and Support teams about it.

Can I called it "CHEATER BANNORATED TALLY"? ;)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's seems pretty reasonable and doable. We'll talk with our Dev and Support teams about it.

The wall of shame. And do daily raffles with their items lol
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes please ! I'm running out of therapy squeeze toys staying away from Cyrodiil so long
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will post in every thread until we get a solid handle on things.

Esocheaters.com bookmark it and use it
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Works for me! I really do hope we see something from this.

Also would it be possible to have the Dev and Support teams who handle these matters feature on ESO Live some time? They're one the groups of people who do a lot of work behind the scenes but never really have the recognition.

I'm sure you have seen the CCP Games security talks I link on the forums constantly by now (at least the links maybe not watched them). I would really love to see something like that from the staff at ZOS to help mend the wounds caused by the cheating and silence the last two years.
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Nope. Banned items stay banned and sit on accounts to rot, RMT gold removed from players either deleted or moved to an account/character held by ZOS to keep track of how much has been caught (can also be something the security team can show off).

Whilst everyone loves free stuff we shouldn't be encouraging people to exploit/cheat in hopes their ill gotten gains are then given out to us.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is the best idea I've ever seen on these forums.
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do, this will give a little more transparency toward the issues being handled. Thank you.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Call it "Twitch Streamers Exposed"
    Options
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭

I won't stop you :D
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope they are receptive of the idea, as it would go a long way to reassure to cheaters there are in fact consequences to their actions.

Names legit too 8)
    Edited by Cuyler on 8 June 2016 19:38
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

This is the best idea I've ever seen on these forums.

and it would encourage reporting since you increase the chance to get gear
    Options
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    CHEATER BANNORATED TALLY??? Oh good idea Jessica :D
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do too, sorry its not fully functional yet. #soon
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭

just out of curiosity, Individuals using "Add on's" would they be considered under the title of using "Cheat Programs"?

Sounds like a thread or part of the forum id check out lol
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Names should be named in a thread by developers.

I understand not permitting forum users to name and shame because of presumed innocence. We don't want someone's @name posted all over with a false accusation. I don't believe this should extend to video, as in libel law, truth is an absolute defense. Video evidence of cheating speaks for itself.

If the developers are going to post a "CHEATER BANNORATED TALLY", it would be better as a "WALL OF SHAME". I'd like to see post after post that look like:

@filthycheater was banned for hacking

@xxxploitrrr was suspended for 3 days for writs exploit usage

with an occaisional

@misunderstood was reinstated on appeal for "reasons"
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just out of curiosity, Individuals using "Add on's" would they be considered under the title of using "Cheat Programs"?

what did i just read here?

ZOS provides an API for add-ons. go and take a look at it and see what you can do with it. why for f*** sake should this have anything to do with cheating... *sighs*
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS provides an API for add-ons. go and take a look at it and see what you can do with it. why for f*** sake should this have anything to do with cheating... *sighs*

wait till people start reporting for use of "animation canceling"
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait till people start reporting for use of "animation canceling"

well, this depends on your definition of exploiting and cheating. :)

I mean i know that the Wrobler said it is a feature and it is here to stay. (but technically it is a bug and therefore abusing the bug could be considered exploiting. but i guess ZOS will keep their stance regarding animation canceling). the more interesting part in this whole story is why people are accepting this Wrobler statement but complain and make fun of him as soon as he talks about anything else. ;) (and no, this isn't a thread about animation canceling, neither did i express any personal opinion about animation canceling. so please don't comment further on animation canceling:P)

Addons:
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! This would go a long way.

If you are transparent about the fact that you are doing things, and transparent about the fact that punishments are handed out for cheating, that will accomplish a LOT.

We don't need to know details of the fixes. That would only help people find new ways around them.

But it would help morale, not to mention showing that there ARE consequences for cheating, which means less people will do it.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
This discussion has been closed.