Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silence just shouldn’t be there. Period. Anti silence pots? What are you guys talking about? It has to go back to the drawing board. Just leave it how it used to be and give it minor defile instead of major. There. Done.

I'd be fine with minor. It would be nice to have some kind of scaling mechanic; I think it's neat. Just don't make the move toxic.
  • TheShadower92
    TheShadower92
    ✭✭
    Honestly, silence seems too strong against Magicka toons. They have no counter play at all, since they're depleted of stamina after 2 dodge rolls.
    I main 2 NBs, and I don't want this to go live cuz I think it will really hurt PvP.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, silence seems too strong against Magicka toons. They have no counter play at all, since they're depleted of stamina after 2 dodge rolls.
    I main 2 NBs, and I don't want this to go live cuz I think it will really hurt PvP.

most people (disregarding of spec and class) agree this is a bad change

Doesnt take a genius to figure this is not the right move
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still dont understand why it needs more. Its cheap af, deals high dmg, has a huge dmg buff and some passive sustain. Why exactly does it need more?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, congratulations, ZOS, for making - yet again - that one egregious faux pas that diverts all attention and makes everything else fly under the radar. You're trolling us and it's working. If you're not trolling, you really should have known better. <Sigh>.

Yours sincerely,
    Increasingly bitter ESO player.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Still dont understand why it needs more. Its cheap af, deals high dmg, has a huge dmg buff and some passive sustain. Why exactly does it need more?
    I'm not keeping up with this thread anymore to know what specifc buffs you're talking about. I thought Incap was fine on live and ZOS will now be making changes for change's sake, as they will probably be too pig-headed to just revert it. As a general answer to your question:

People who argue that Incap Strike is too cheap and too overloaded with buffs are, IMO, missing the big picture. Other classes either have more DOTs (DK) or they have one or more delayed burst skills that stack with another attack in the same GCD (magsorc, templar, warden). Those skills are not ultimates. Warden has burst every 3 seconds, sorc every 3.5, templar every 6. Nightblade, by contrast, relies on it's cheap ultimate to burst you within silimar time frames. Once you consider that Incap replaces another class's delayed, stacked-in-one-GCD burst skill AND their ultimate, you're hopefully beginning to understand why it needs to be so cheap and overloaded. You can quibble about it's exact strength, but you can't argue with the basic principle unless you want to totally dismantle how nightblade plays.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I'm not keeping up with this thread anymore to know what specifc buffs you're talking about. I thought Incap was fine on live and ZOS will now be making changes for change's sake, as they will probably be too pig-headed to just revert it. As a general answer to your question:

People who argue that Incap Strike is too cheap and too overloaded with buffs are, IMO, missing the big picture. Other classes either have more DOTs (DK) or they have one or more delayed burst skills that stack with another attack in the same GCD (magsorc, templar, warden). Those skills are not ultimates. Warden has burst every 3 seconds, sorc every 3.5, templar every 6. Nightblade, by contrast, relies on it's cheap ultimate to burst you within silimar time frames. Once you consider that Incap replaces another class's delayed, stacked-in-one-GCD burst skill AND their ultimate, you're hopefully beginning to understand why it needs to be so cheap and overloaded. You can quibble about it's exact strength, but you can't argue with the basic principle unless you want to totally dismantle how nightblade plays.

So what you are basically saying is that because other classes have more offensive options (which they absolutely dont btw) therefore NBs should have an overloaded ultimate?

I must say tho, if we are talking about NBs lacking offensive options then i most definitely miss the big picture. Surprise attack is one of the best spammables and merciless is the hardest hitting non ult ability in the game, u have an execute and an AOE. Thats in ur class toolkit alone. And if we are talking about stamina then you would be surprised at how limited offensive toolkit some classes have. Stam sorcs literally have just hurricane. I dont see them getting overloaded ults to compensate.
    Edited by pieratsos on 12 May 2019 10:11
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So what you are basically saying is that because other classes have more offensive options (which they absolutely dont btw) therefore NBs should have an overloaded ultimate?
    Nope. I am saying that, by using delayed skills, other classes have ways of generating burst in a single GCD (global cooldown) that NB does not have. Offensive options do not kill players, they create build variety. Burst kills players, unless you're running a DOT DK or bleed build instead.
    I must say tho, if we are talking about NBs lacking offensive options then i most definitely miss the big picture. Surprise attack is one of the best spammables
    Yeah, because of the pen. It soon won't be.
    and merciless is the hardest hitting non ult ability in the game
    But it cannot be stacked with an ult. You can fear or you can Incap someone, but the damage still won't happen in the same GCD. You might stack damage with a Meteor, but that's an option that other classes also have. A sorc can stack Meteor, Fury, Curse and Force Pulse or Frags in the same GCD, if everything comes together. Frags itself has a travel time that can be used to stack burst from a distance. Note how 3 of those delayed skills are class abilities, Fury, Curse and Frags. Nightblade does not have those options. The single hardest-hitting skill, besides being one of the most awkward to proc, cannot be stacked in the way that sorcs can stack burst. You're still not looking at things in context. Even warden and templar have one additional skill, Shalks and Light respectively, that they can use to stack burst and thereby deliver more damage in the same second than Merciless Resolve.
    And if we are talking about stamina then you would be surprised at how limited offensive toolkit some classes have. Stam sorcs literally have just hurricane. I dont see them getting overloaded ults to compensate.
    I know the game, so I am not surprised. If you read my post carefully you'll notice that I deliberately omitted stamsorc from the list. I happen to think that stamsorc is quite strong and unique, but I will readily concede that they lack burst, now that their random Implosion passive has been (IMO rightly - cause it was random) removed.
    Edited by fred4 on 12 May 2019 11:39
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @TequilaFire

Maybe it’s time to talk about the reason so many NBs seem to perceive Incap as weak - it has to compete with DBoS. I was baffled when I saw this in 5.0.0:
    Fighters Guild
    Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.

However the discussion about it never gained much traction as it was drowned in the Necro and now Incap noise.

I just can’t understand why DBoS has escaped adjustments for so long and gets buffs instead.

DBOS is available to all and is go to ult of most melee small scalers which of late have heavy influence on class reps and are the most vocal of the PvP crowd.
    I use DBOS on my brawler stamblade as well as my stamplar.

well if they could make one morph scale with magica. DboS is way to strong, lots of magica classes allready started using it even if its scales with stamina because it hits harder than the magica ults.

Once upon a time i had that crazy idea that dmg based ultis scale with your highest stats, so everyone can use every ult in the game
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I really don't understand is that they hired a YouTuber, who knows the game well, and he wasn't able to nip this in the bud. I can't imagine Gilliam thought this a good change. He's probably on holiday, leaving Brian to his own devices.

isnt gilliam playing a heavy stamblade ? so you could argue that this are his biased changes
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope. I am saying that, by using delayed skills, other classes have ways of generating burst in a single GCD (global cooldown) that NB does not have. Offensive options do not kill players, they create build variety. Burst kills players, unless you're running a DOT DK or bleed build instead.
    I must say tho, if we are talking about NBs lacking offensive options then i most definitely miss the big picture. Surprise attack is one of the best spammables
    Yeah, because of the pen. It soon won't be.
    and merciless is the hardest hitting non ult ability in the game
    But it cannot be stacked with an ult. You can fear or you can Incap someone, but the damage still won't happen in the same GCD. You might stack damage with a Meteor, but that's an option that other classes also have. A sorc can stack Meteor, Fury, Curse and Force Pulse or Frags in the same GCD, if everything comes together. Frags itself has a travel time that can be used to stack burst from a distance. Note how 3 of those delayed skills are class abilities, Fury, Curse and Frags. Nightblade does not have those options. The single hardest-hitting skill, besides being one of the most awkward to proc, cannot be stacked in the way that sorcs can stack burst. You're still not looking at things in context. Even warden and templar have one additional skill, Shalks and Light respectively, that they can use to stack burst and thereby deliver more damage in the same second than Merciless Resolve.
    And if we are talking about stamina then you would be surprised at how limited offensive toolkit some classes have. Stam sorcs literally have just hurricane. I dont see them getting overloaded ults to compensate.
    I know the game, so I am not surprised. If you read my post carefully you'll notice that I deliberately omitted stamsorc from the list. I happen to think that stamsorc is quite strong and unique, but I will readily concede that they lack burst, now that their random Implosion passive has been (IMO rightly - cause it was random) removed.

Yes stamblade doesnt have a lot of delayed burst abilities like sorcs do. Thats because they are different playstyles. They have delayed burst cause they dont have spammable, dots etc. They rely on delayed burst. They have no frontloaded burst. You are comparing apples and oranges. Same applies with DKs. They have a lot of dots cause thats the playstyle of the class. Stamblades have frontloaded burst which is a lot more difficult to counter. You are here trying to draw a picture of incap compensating for the shortcomings of the class as if the class is useless without incap which is ridiculous. And yet there are people playing with db isntead of incap. What you say makes no sense. Incap isnt there to cover the shortcomings of ur burst or whatever. Its just an ultimate and its overloaded. Simple as that. According to you every single class should get overloaded ults because they lack something that other classes have.

And btw, you are missing the point entirely. The dmg of incap and the dmg buff it provides are there. The burst is there. The cost is unchanged. You wanted the burst you got it. It also gives you sustain. The question is why should it give you more?
    Edited by pieratsos on 12 May 2019 12:49
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anytime a NB wants to trade Incap for my Purifying Light, I'm all game.

I wouldn't say you're assertion that Incap needs to be strong to secure kills is wrong, but is should be that, strong. NBs may not have a delayed burst damage mechanic, however it's not like their overall kit and passives are lacking
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes stamblade doesnt have a lot of delayed burst abilities like sorcs do.
    They have none.
    Stamblades have frontloaded burst which is a lot more difficult to counter.
    You can make an argument about the power of cloak / ganking, regardless of the DD skills used. However you have not done so. You claim stamblades have front-loaded burst. Fair enough. Now stop to think for one second how they achieve that. Is the face-palm moment finally hitting you?

Everyone has access to non-class ultimates. If we're talking about class balance, you have to weigh class skills against each other. My point stands. Other classes have ways to generate burst damage via delayed skills, which NB lacks. NB does it via Death Stroke and it's morphs.

Do I think stamblade - not magblade - is overtuned on live? Yes, but not that much. Do I think the stun or the Defile needed to go? No. Not with the other nerfs that stamblade is receiving.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone ever needed proof that it was a mistake to add PvP to eso, just send them to this thread.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    If anyone ever needed proof that it was a mistake to add PvP to eso, just send them to this thread.

Many people would not play teso if there was no pvp
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say you're assertion that Incap needs to be strong to secure kills is wrong, but is should be that, strong. NBs may not have a delayed burst damage mechanic, however it's not like their overall kit and passives are lacking
    Not on live, but ZOS are nerfing a bunch of stuff. Whichever way you slice it, Minor Vulnerability - Minor Berserk - Major Fracture is a net loss in a 1v1. To be fair, it's mainly a net loss to gank potential. You can argue that stamblades can / should now use Mark, but that's an additional skill slot and an additional GCD. You will be losing time and you're displacing another skill, which will still add up to a big loss.

My issue is with the ZOS sledgehammer approach. Instead of gradual change, they are making all the above changes and I presume their intent is to nerf Incap as well, the silence debacle notwithstanding. I do not know where the balance should be, but I would either let Incap stand or I would let all or part of the other buffs stand (Fracture on Surprise Attack, Minor Berserk). This is coming from a PvP perspective. I think the Vulnerability on Teleport Strike is a mistake. That will actually buff the build I play, which is a Zaan + Caluu melee magblade. Such magblades do not make strong duelers, however they do benefit from ganking in open world and I do not think they need to be buffed, or we're going to have another dilemma in 3 months and Caluu + Zaan will be deleted.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would more likely be merciless resolve for PL/POTL. I'd take that trade as well
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give magblade a good self heal put reave on soul harvest. keep reave major defile on incap get rid of stun and silence
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Please, this whole thread is about people sniping at each other about having a perceived advantage or disadvantage. When the reality is that it’s usually luck or terrain or just the player skill.

Most pve nbs don’t want the silence as it is nearly 100% useless for them, is that even a consideration to Zos or the people in this thread? How about maybe making this ultimate useful to both PvP and pve, is there even a discussion about it?

How many pve players have left because their play style was messed up because of a PvP change. Woodelves and altmer are now basically running on only two passives in pve because of this constant PvP whine fest. Meanwhile all the PvP players can barely fill up one Cyrodiil battleground.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have none.
    You can make an argument about the power of cloak / ganking, regardless of the DD skills used. However you have not done so. You claim stamblades have front-loaded burst. Fair enough. Now stop to think for one second how they achieve that. Is the face-palm moment finally hitting you?

Everyone has access to non-class ultimates. If we're talking about class balance, you have to weigh class skills against each other. My point stands. Other classes have ways to generate burst damage via delayed skills, which NB lacks. NB does it via Death Stroke and it's morphs.

Do I think stamblade - not magblade - is overtuned on live? Yes, but not that much. Do I think the stun or the Defile needed to go? No. Not with the other nerfs that stamblade is receiving.

Yes everyone has access to non class ults. The point was to show that this whole notion that NB is crap without incap is just a fairytale. If we are talking about class balance then stamblade has the best toolkit out of all stamina classes.

If incap should be overloaded because NB doesnt have burst abilities (which they do and it actually hits harder than all other burst abilities) then every single stam class in the game should also get overloaded ults cause again every single one of them lack something that other classes have.

Yes the facepalm moment is indeed finally hitting me. That would be because you keep missing the point. According to you stamblade should have everything otherwise their abilities should be overloaded. So yeah that is a big face palm.
    Edited by pieratsos on 12 May 2019 17:00
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have none.

Yes everyone has access to non class ults. The point was to show that this whole notion that NB is crap without incap is just a fairytale. If we are talking about class balance then stamblade has the best toolkit out of all stamina classes.

If incap should be overloaded because NB doesnt have burst abilities (which they do and it actually hits harder than all other burst abilities) then every single stam class in the game should also get overloaded ults cause again every single one of them lack something that other classes have.

Yes the facepalm moment is indeed finally hitting me. That would be because you keep missing the point. According to you stamblade should have everything otherwise their abilities should be overloaded. So yeah that is a big face palm.
    Pet mag sorcs are op af they are on stamblade lv of damage and i see stamplar and stam warden a common class in groups for a reason because they have strong aoe burst which a stamblade does not have 😎
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they insist on making a change, they could make it blind the target all attacks miss for a specified amount of time. This is in line with the rogue class playstyle, while hitting both magicka and stamina opponents equally.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    If they insist on making a change, they could make it blind the target all attacks miss for a specified amount of time. This is in line with the rogue class playstyle, while hitting both magicka and stamina opponents equally.
    They tried that mechanic with Blinding Flashes, an old templar skill that was replaced by Radiant Oppression. It didn't work out. I highly doubt they'd add it back, even as an ultimate, especially not attached to an already obese ultimate like Incap.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    Druid40 wrote: »
    They tried that mechanic with Blinding Flashes, an old templar skill that was replaced by Radiant Oppression. It didn't work out. I highly doubt they'd add it back, even as an ultimate, especially not attached to an already obese ultimate like Incap.

And if they add it back, not on Templar, well; the 5 of us still around will make a whisper of a fit.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, this whole thread is about people sniping at each other about having a perceived advantage or disadvantage. When the reality is that it’s usually luck or terrain or just the player skill.

Most pve nbs don’t want the silence as it is nearly 100% useless for them, is that even a consideration to Zos or the people in this thread? How about maybe making this ultimate useful to both PvP and pve, is there even a discussion about it?

How many pve players have left because their play style was messed up because of a PvP change. Woodelves and altmer are now basically running on only two passives in pve because of this constant PvP whine fest. Meanwhile all the PvP players can barely fill up one Cyrodiil battleground.

LMAO, PvE players caused their own nerfs being jealous of who was doing the most DPS.
    Wah, wah mag and stamblades are out parsing sorcs!
    What a crock.
    Edit- BTW I am sitting in a queue of 98 to get into PS4 NA Vivec right now. Sure we can't fill a campaign.
    Edited by TequilaFire on 13 May 2019 00:53
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thlepse wrote: »
    its funny how almost everything i predicted about the future of PVE and PVP has come true, back then people laughed and said "no way thats gonna happen its just not possible"

also i wonder what the reaction will be when more players realize they are shifting resources to focus on a new IP instead of priotizing ESO xDDDDDDDDDDDD

but hey dont feel bad zenimax, youre "killing it!"
    theres a hint in the last line if you dont know which article im referring to

QFT
    devs dont wont be comitting themselves to fixing the state of game (bad balance and poor server performance.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/05/12/elder-scrolls-online-developer-new-game/
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its funny how almost everything i predicted about the future of PVE and PVP has come true, back then people laughed and said "no way thats gonna happen its just not possible"

also i wonder what the reaction will be when more players realize they are shifting resources to focus on a new IP instead of priotizing ESO xDDDDDDDDDDDD

QFT
    devs dont wont be comitting themselves to fixing the state of game (bad balance and poor server performance.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/05/12/elder-scrolls-online-developer-new-game/

so basicly, expect eso to ... die. ?
    if they take it to pure pay to win and offer weapons and armor ingame crown store type thing is our future?
    or something along those lines?
    because thats what that article sounded like to me, altho not right now, but ... sounded like within the next year or maybe 2 is headed in that direction.

maybe i read that article wrong and got the incorrect conclusion to what was being presented?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO, PvE players caused their own nerfs being jealous of who was doing the most DPS.
    Wah, wah mag and stamblades are out parsing sorcs!

So buff Sorcs then if they need it? See how that works? As a NB main I would not be upset if Sorcs got a buff. What's it to me?
    Edit- BTW I am sitting in a queue of 98 to get into PS4 NA Vivec right now. Sure we can't fill a campaign.

Yeah, like I said, one battle ground is full.
    Meanwhile all the PvP players can barely fill up one Cyrodiil battleground.

47048750734_b65d32a391.jpg

32894354607_6c43d7a9b4.jpg
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

QFT

so basicly, expect eso to ... die. ?
    if they take it to pure pay to win and offer weapons and armor ingame crown store type thing is our future?
    or something along those lines?
    because thats what that article sounded like to me, altho not right now, but ... sounded like within the next year or maybe 2 is headed in that direction.

maybe i read that article wrong and got the incorrect conclusion to what was being presented?

Nothing was presented, it was a brief summary on ESO's evolution from Firor's perspective. He's happy, and I guess you can be - if you don't have to deal with ESO's flaws every single day.

If you wanna read between the lines, his view on the chapter system is telling. He likes the format (which broke our ESO+ deal!) and he likes telling a story over a year, drip-feeding you. It's just like Destiny's Annual Pass, just more elaborate and elegant.
    So for the new game they're making, expect the same DLC influx at best, and a lot of cut-out content at worst. Note he admitted when they couldn't solve the content problems pre One Tamriel, they changed the game instead of solving it. Which fits our ESO+ breaking chapter system and means one thing: Do not trust ZOS with your money. Be sceptic. ZOS will break deals and change the game if they feel like it.

To close on a positive note, I guess it's nice to see Firor in high spirits. It's refreshing to see a game developer be satisfied with the work his team has done, and not just some sale numbers. If that is indicative of a good working environment over at ZOS, we can expect good products in the future. Motivated people achieve better results.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope you are right but thats not what i took away from it.
    after reading that letter at https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/05/12/elder-scrolls-online-developer-new-game/
    looked more like to me that they are bailing and not sure if to sell eso or try keep it afloat.
    in the future, not soon but more like 2 years or so, droping eso is in the cards.
    thats just my take away from the read.
    Edited by Gilvoth on 13 May 2019 05:15