Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could add a magic version of silence that does the same thing to stam players. Maybe give it to templar or sorcerers. Maybe a drain ability that fatigues you for three seconds so you can't use stamina skills.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This utter nonsense idea still not revoked by the devs?
    Options
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is going to hurt magic builds, might as well just change this ulti to to like blade of woe and reward an instant kill against mag builds. Balance is about always having counters which is something that zos seems to struggle with. Am so close to giving up on this game.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Say for example Negate, reduce cost to whatever this is. Make it so your unable to use stam abilties while inside it including dodge and sprint. So make it harder to get out of. Could be a nice counter balance to this. But I imagine it would be really annoying for both sides. To have abilties out there that can seriously hinder them in pvp with no counter or break out of like other things like snares or stuns.. But then we have necromancers coming with this update so you can just have them resurrect you if you die in pvp. Something the game hasn't had before till now. Maybe have necromancers resurrection ultimate be unaffected by Silence on both magic and stamina sides. So It can be used even if silenced. Could be a nice way to have Necromancers be important to your groups survival.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 9 May 2019 09:30
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say for example Negate, reduce cost to whatever this is. Make it so your unable to use stam abilties while inside it including dodge and sprint. So make it harder to get out of. Could be a nice counter balance to this.

Since some players accuse Sorcs of never speaking out against overpowered skills when it’s in their class toolkit: A 70 cost Negate that is harder to get out and includes stam abilities would be hilariously overpowered.

Many Sorcs including me said that the CWC version of Rune Cage (good damage, undodgeable, stun) was flat out broken. I’ll continue to do so with everything in the Sorc toolkit that is suggested or implemented.
    But then we have necromancers coming with this update so you can just have them resurrect you if you die in pvp. Something the game hasn't had before till now.

You can hit F or a place a forward camp on any character just fine. The resurrection ultimate is niche, especially at 300 cost now.
    Edited by Feanor on 9 May 2019 09:53
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this Sorc screaming sure would make a powerful dragon shout. lol

Just like nightblades
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    24 pages of complaints in less than 48 hours. I hope that whoever suggested this change and whoever confirmed it is going to have the qualifications for his job looked at.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    24 pages of complaints in less than 48 hours. I hope that whoever suggested this change and whoever confirmed it is going to have the qualifications for his job looked at.

I bet all of the devs either play NB or magsorc.It's pretty telling by the state of the game....
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    THE END IS NEAR FOR MAG BUILD!
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »

I bet all of the devs either play NB or magsorc.It's pretty telling by the state of the game....

This change is 100% anti Magicka classes.
    So it can't be only Magicka Sorcerer.
    Also, I don't believe that ZOS Developers opinions are biased towards certain classes.
    They do try to make the game more balanced, but sometimes, just like the 1 second cast time of shield PTS change(which didn't make to Live) they push crazy changes due some bizarre reasons which are not making any sense.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just had a very good idea on how to add counterplay to the silence of incap:
    Allow it to only be cast in situations with even numbers of players on both sides.
    As soon as the mag build gets silenced the nightblades main resource bar will be locked for the same duration, a stamblade will not be able to use stamina for anything at all and a magblade will not be able to use magicka for anything at all.
    That way the forumblades could perhaps notice just how disastrous a silence actually is for a mag build.
    :*o:)B)>:)
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this goes live can we finally have a stamina based purge? :wink:
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    What zos says: We are investigating counter-play options for the silence debuff.
    What I understand: A fully-charged heavy attack now removes silence.

Not good enough. In a game where the new meta is high speed movement, lots of dodge rolling (buffed up last patch) and gap closing, it is really really really really hard for a Magica build with a staff to get a successful HA off that hits.

Most of the time the Negate happens right in the teeth of a charging high speed, CC immune, zerg and yea, so the Magica builds are expected to stand there, not move, not dodge roll, not block, not budge an inch and hold an HA for several seconds. Yea, well they are dead in 2 secs, long before the HA ever fires.

/whoosh
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next time Incapacitating Strike will have a cast time... i bet thats there way to make a counterplay possible...
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iki wrote: »
    There`s one way I can think of how to get balanced PVP if this silence is going to stay on incapacitating strike.

Create nightblade-only campaign for Cyrodiil, nightblade-only queue for battlegrounds and allow nightblades to only duel other nightblades, then exclude nightblades from other Cyrodiil campaigns. That`s it. That way other classes could have actual pvp, while nightblades would get to enjoy their own elder scrolls-themed shooter game in their own sandbox.

This 1000×
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good change for incap. Magicka have dominated PvP for ages. This balance things out.
    Edited by ErMurazor on 9 May 2019 12:42
    Options
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let this go live. Cant wait to tbag all these shield and resto ult spamming nerds :*
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a positive take away here. From the sounds of the responses here, there will be quite a few PvP players leaving the game. Perhaps that could take the attention away from balancing things around PvP.

; )
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sorc/magPlar main but play everything and the only class that really immediately is an issue to me is a good Nightblade. Incap is quite strong but honestly it's fine as is it's supposed to be strong it only operates single Target, defile is fine if Blastbones has it, don't see why an ultimate can't. At most and I don't care anyways but at most just remove the stun and leave it as a 70 cost ulti. It's good it's fine just leave it be.

If they want incap to help put at death's door after, well defile helps with that or heck maybe a heal absorption, but whichever silence is silly. This long time focusing on Nightblade is silly.
    Options
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it has been answered in somewhere before already but, can you remove the silence debuff with the necro purge that costs hp?
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    I think there is a positive take away here. From the sounds of the responses here, there will be quite a few PvP players leaving the game. Perhaps that could take the attention away from balancing things around PvP.

; )

That’s a quite selfish thing to say. You’d be in for a surprise - when the last PvP player has left the game, that wouldn’t stop nerfs, changes or adjustments. Morrowind and “lower the ceiling, raise the floor” are testaments to that. But maybe you’d still blame PvP then because you can’t think of anything else and it’s just so convenient.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Vertilvius
    Vertilvius
    ✭✭✭
    They should have just removed the defile and left the rest of the skill alone. Zos always does too much when changing stuff.
    Options
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is a real thing, so I can watch all the magsorcs have a complete and total meltdown over finally being killable.

Said every badblade on the forums

Good thing I don't play a NB, I just watch people's reactions. And what I am seeing now is:

vhj0m2bc0v8r.jpg
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say for example Negate, reduce cost to whatever this is. Make it so your unable to use stam abilties while inside it including dodge and sprint. So make it harder to get out of. Could be a nice counter balance to this. But I imagine it would be really annoying for both sides. To have abilties out there that can seriously hinder them in pvp with no counter or break out of like other things like snares or stuns.. But then we have necromancers coming with this update so you can just have them resurrect you if you die in pvp. Something the game hasn't had before till now. Maybe have necromancers resurrection ultimate be unaffected by Silence on both magic and stamina sides. So It can be used even if silenced. Could be a nice way to have Necromancers be important to your groups survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8e8QwPofc
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY hope this is a real thing, so I can watch all the magsorcs have a complete and total meltdown over finally being killable.

Good thing I don't play a NB, I just watch people's reactions. And what I am seeing now is:

vhj0m2bc0v8r.jpg

"Vulnerable" LOL. Yeah because other then that 3 seconds nb's especially stamina ones are standing there and looking at You and only during that 3 seconds You are "vulnerable" to them. So now free kill is definition of "vulnerable" ? Nice delusion.
    Options
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    Wheeler told us they will investigate the issue. For the time being, even if the idea itself is really bad, i m curious to see the type of counterplay against silence for a mag player. Even though it will be much better imo to abandon the idea completely.
    and lack of minor berserk is not a pve nerf, as minor berserk is not a magblade only buff. it s just a huge pvp nerf for mag blade, again not needed.
    Options
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    Just give me a stam purge and I will Stop mag sorc.
    Just kidding, 3 sec silence is bad. pls remove
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I don’t understand about removing major defile is that there’s still a 10% proc chance for major defile from the disease damage. The bow proc also has a 10% chance of applying it. And there’s a 5% proc chance from power extraction. Personally I’d slot a disease glyph for another 20% proc chance.

You can remove the defile and replace it but there’s still a good chance that major defile will be applied from somewhere else.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vhj0m2bc0v8r.jpg

all truth
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

vhj0m2bc0v8r.jpg

More like nightblades look at patch notes and see minor berserk removal, minor endurance loss, major fracture loss on surprise attack.
    Meanwhile the very same nightblades look at patch notes and dont see: minor vulnerability, reave, free major fracture with a 20+ seconds duration, best snare removal in the game, highest class mitigation in the game.

Edit: After seeing the double take change I went to the build editor to make a heavy armor stamblade build, keep in mind that I am a magplar/magdk main. Wanna know the results?
    Over 6k weapon damage.
    Capped resistances.
    Best snare removal in the game.
    Major evasion, minor protection, minor maim, a unique 15% less damage taken buff.
    Multiple hots.
    Best pure healing ultimate in the game.
    Mobility.
    Bleeds.
    Defile.
    AoE damage.
    (forgot to add: those stats are in no cp so its gonna be even more ridicilous in cp enabled pvp)
    And stamblade mains actually think they got nerfed with elsweyr? Really??????
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on 9 May 2019 15:53
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options