Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what you get when you hire a NB to balance the classes.

And how could anyone at ZOS think that this was a good idea. The one-sidedness (only affecting magicka builds but not stamina builds) of this change should have been a huge warning sign by it self. Even if you cannot comprehend the effect an effectively 3 second stun that does not provide CC immunity has.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can you block while silenced with a frost staff or what since it uses magica? If so, there's gonna be a WHOLE lotta crap turdblades in for a surprise lol
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    If we put up our shields before we get incap we should be okay right? I don't think it is that bad.

If you show me a shield that blocks 3 seconds of nightblade pressure that gets increased by an additional 20% from incap landing then the mag classes that use shields are okay I guess? Mag classes that dont use shields simply deserve to just die if they dont use shields then I guess, they could´ve had "counterplay" afterall.

The only problem with this line of thinking is that the only shield that may be capable of this is barrier, which is as many might know a rather costly ultimate that you realistically cannot precast whenever you suspect a nightblade to be anywhere close to you or you are fighting a nightblade and suspect they might cast incap in the immediate future.

The same applies to hots too btw before you ask about just precasting mutagen. The only hots that might outheal the nightblade pressure are resto ult and remembrance and both of those too are ults that you cannot realistically precast whenever you suspect a nightblade to be nearby or a nightblade you are fighting to cast incap in the immediate future.

I dont know why this even needs pointing out since I assume many commenting in here have either played a stamblade in PvP or fought a stamblade in PvP so they should know that nightblade has more pressure than a single non ultimate hot or a single non ultimate shield can deal with but if it needs mentioning for people to realize that things arent this easy then so be it.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHO IS THE PERSON AT ZOS THAT CAME UP THE IDEA OF SILENCE !

WHO !!!
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a decent 1vx stamblade. i think silence is a bit too much especially vs magicka base enemy.

but tbh, it still can be countered esepcially in CP by nice movement, dodge, LoS or even block.

or good advice is dont fight solo. oh wait, you guys still gonna xv1 me anyways xD.

#####

ok ok, my proper answer, i really dont like it, we got nothing to fight tank guy even more.

my suggestion is change incap into damage only + the 20% amplify, no another debuff or stun, but cost 55 ult, the incap damage increase up to 100% with 110ult.

*my second parapraph is serious btw, L2P issue
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »
    The bias for stam against magicka is insane in this game lol.

Also the fact ZOS now balantly shows it now is pretty bold.

I wonder how ZOS would feel if I as a unwanted Magicka based Player was to do a full on chargeback for the past 6 months for this insolence. I bet if all the magicka based players was to follow suit. ZOS would not be laughing anymore about us Magicka based players.

ZOS meet my chargeback and get PWNED. You can have my account!
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »
    The bias for stam against magicka is insane in this game lol.

Also the fact ZOS now balantly shows it now is pretty bold.

I wonder how ZOS would feel if I as a unwanted Magicka based Player was to do a full on chargeback for the past 6 months for this insolence. I bet if all the magicka based players was to follow suit. ZOS would not be laughing anymore about us Magicka based players.

ZOS meet my chargeback and get PWNED. You can have my account!

Don't worry. Your pets block incap too.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who only plays stamblade how about revmove silence keep defile and reave but lose the stun we have fear so we just going to have to time our burst better 😎
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who only plays stamblade how about revmove silence keep defile and reave but lose the stun we have fear so we just going to have to time our burst better 😎

The line of thinking is something I can agree with. I would change very minimal things from your suggestion.
    Remove the silence, keep incap at 70 base cost, at 70 base cost incap will still deal unchanged burst damage and apply the 20% increased damage taken debuff. Reave can stay on the ability at all times.(even tho I dont think nightblades need it since they have rather good sustain but it is a passive that is conditional and realistically wont always apply the maximum regeneration possible in a PvP scenario, especially with lag involved)
    And then for a slightly higher ult cost, 90 ult perhaps, it will guarantee to apply major defile.
    This would leave incap as a very potent ult at 70 cost with applying a very strong debuff and good burst damage and add an effective 200 stam and mag maximum recovery once in combat, realistically it will be a bit less than that but still very useful since you dont have to drop anything at all for it.
    Also the disease damage of incap has a chance to apply major defile from itself, 10% chance if I recall correctly so for a slightly higher cost, 20 ult gets generated rather fast (or by drinking a potion if you are a nb and are willing to invest said potion for it) and will guarantee the additional pressure of major defile.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

The line of thinking is something I can agree with. I would change very minimal things from your suggestion.
    Remove the silence, keep incap at 70 base cost, at 70 base cost incap will still deal unchanged burst damage and apply the 20% increased damage taken debuff. Reave can stay on the ability at all times.(even tho I dont think nightblades need it since they have rather good sustain but it is a passive that is conditional and realistically wont always apply the maximum regeneration possible in a PvP scenario, especially with lag involved)
    And then for a slightly higher ult cost, 90 ult perhaps, it will guarantee to apply major defile.
    This would leave incap as a very potent ult at 70 cost with applying a very strong debuff and good burst damage and add an effective 200 stam and mag maximum recovery once in combat, realistically it will be a bit less than that but still very useful since you dont have to drop anything at all for it.
    Also the disease damage of incap has a chance to apply major defile from itself, 10% chance if I recall correctly so for a slightly higher cost, 20 ult gets generated rather fast (or by drinking a potion if you are a nb and are willing to invest said potion for it) and will guarantee the additional pressure of major defile.
    I like this 😎
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

I was thinking it may be to much tbh after thinking about it but I was also thinking making surprise attack do disease damage as well but it could be little overkill giving another chance for defile to happen
    Edited by Deathlord92 on 10 May 2019 11:48
    Options
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, incapaciting strike silence...

so, @zenimax what about a pot anti-silence ? New ingredient for that to counter silence ?

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »

so, @zenimax what about a pot anti-silence ? New ingredient for that to counter silence ?

Could be added to imovable.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting angry at the idea of silence on incap especially this close to the end of pts won’t help give alternatives lots people come up with good ideas already even me who hates nb nerfs are trying to get silence remove now 😎
    Options
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about incap "disarms" stamina builds - i.e. no stamina abilities, no sprinting, no blocking, no dodging. Afterall, magicka builds already got Negate to f*ck them over.
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Having something that only gets countered by a 45 second cooldown consumable which limits what other potions you can use and will likely have a very huge downtime doesnt scream acceptable counterplay for me if I am being honest. Other abilities or ultimates have 1 or multiple counters and give options to recover from them if they get applied to you. Incap with a silence will not.
    This sets a very unhealthy example for other possible reworks of abilities and worst case scenario we end up with a PvP where the victor is not determined by skill, superior build choices or utilization of small mistakes your opponent did but rather who fires his uncounterable ability which you cannot recover from for its duration first. This is not the PvP I want to have in this or quite frankly any game.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The counter will probably come in the form of a 5 piece bonus that does 20k damage in an 8m radius and heals wearer for 30k health over 3 seconds when silenced.

The only counterplay I can seriously imagine them adding would be to make it so this particular silence is affected by break-free and CC immunity.
    Edited by zyk on 10 May 2019 13:10
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    The counter will probably come in the form of a 5 piece bonus that does 20k damage in an 8m radius and heals wearer for 30k health over 3 seconds when silenced.

The only counterplay I can seriously imagine them adding would be to make it so this particular silence is affected by break-free and CC immunity.

No difference to a stun then. And in the process, they’ll inadvertently nerf Negate to the ground by making Silence a CC effect that can be broken again. A state we were in couple years back.

Round and round we go. Circling the drain.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody wants another niche pot when we already carry niche pots to deal with the same class. Thats just really stupid. How about just adding "silence Break" to detection?
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    If we put up our shields before we get incap we should be okay right? I don't think it is that bad.

strong lack of username to actual combat experience
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    This is why pvp il in this game will never be an esport, which limits financial support to the developers, which hurts players.

You want twitch viewers? Streamers?

Balance was slowly improving, this is nearly as bad for pvp game balance as a no cooldown cloak. What a joke.

There never will be 'balance' in an online MMORPG. There will always be a META.
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    At least they saved me the trouble of buying their expansion.

Now I can unsubscribe too. Done!

Remember when people were up in arms about some stuff on the PTS before Morrowind droppe? Canceling subs and what not? Then, what was causing all the rage never made it live at launch? Yea, exactly. This post right here is the post of someone that doesn't like the game anymore in general and can't admit it to themselves. Just unsubscribe, no need to be dramatic and yell out that one ability change is the cause of it.
    Edited by SirAxen on 10 May 2019 20:16
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    How about incap "disarms" stamina builds - i.e. no stamina abilities, no sprinting, no blocking, no dodging. Afterall, magicka builds already got Negate to f*ck them over.

Actually interesting, have disarm disable all weapon abilities, leaving only class abilities.

Or, 3 seconds of 70% cost increase.

Something that forces the opponent to rethink his reactions on the fly, rather than a complete shutdown with no options.
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this? Incap keeps stun, defile, 20percent dmg buff at 70 ult just like in the old days but lowering the damage of the skill itself? So many debuffs but mediocre damage ult, hence the name incapacitating?

They already nerfed SA and GF and they clearly want incap to be strong so yeah...
    Edited by hakan on 10 May 2019 20:49
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about we forget about any of these Incap changes and focus on buffing all the other classes up to the level of StamBlades and MagSorcs?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we forget about any of these Incap changes and focus on buffing all the other classes up to the level of StamBlades and MagSorcs?

Honestly the worst thing about this is they completely ignored other class feedback at least publicly. Stamsorc could use an ultimate and ability period and some passives. Stamplar could use them not screwing empowering sweep and some passives and maybe an active defense would be nice. And magblade couldn have used some direct buffs for them specifically. But they chose to fiddle with stamblade every cycle
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Honestly the worst thing about this is they completely ignored other class feedback at least publicly. Stamsorc could use an ultimate and ability period and some passives. Stamplar could use them not screwing empowering sweep and some passives and maybe an active defense would be nice. And magblade couldn have used some direct buffs for them specifically. But they chose to fiddle with stamblade every cycle

This PTS proves that there are 2 priority classes in ESO - magsorc and stamblade, others exist to either support or entertain them :bawling:
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overpowered against magica builds.
    Underperforming against stamina builds.

ZOS? What magica classes are supposed to do for 3 seconds? They cannot heal, nor attack, nor roll-dodge? FYI after taking an incap, the next 2 SA will bring everyone in execute range..and they will still be silenced by that time.

That's a crappy balance of you ask me.

Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In 3 seconds, a mag toon player could recite choice words of lore.

You N'wah
    You wrong end of a guar
    Skeever butt!

stuff like that. :|

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silence just shouldn’t be there. Period. Anti silence pots? What are you guys talking about? It has to go back to the drawing board. Just leave it how it used to be and give it minor defile instead of major. There. Done.
    Options