Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Gilliam is the most biased developer

This is his first game as a Dev, and most of this Devs are new to MMOs...

That's pretty true and we could cut them some slack. Gilliam was pretty good at understanding most classes. (Though his days as "Gilliam The Rogue" does imply a slight NB bias :D ) I'm glad they're at least juggling ideas around to improve skills.

ZOS has been 100% more receptive to our feedback lately- so, let's assume that Brian and Gilliam can work this blunder out.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs are mutants
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on 8 May 2019 02:07
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    As a Magblade I would run it.

But I don't want anyone else running it lol.

So please make it something else...again.

^ this. I really don't wanna switch to stamblade, so probably using this new incap will be enough to counter-act anybody other then stamblades :D 2nd place is better then last, huh?
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

There is no counterplay. If you make silence breakable again, this is nothing but an ability that only "stuns" magicka chars with the opportunity of a follow up stun if not broken fast enough.

Incap is a high damage ult that increases all your damage against the target by 20%, gives crit for being slotted and is the cheapest ult in the game. What else does it need? If you want a gimmick, give something like a gimmick. Give minor lifesteal or whatever.

It cost after this will be 120, it's damage is not that big for 120 ult (hi, soul assault!) and so on. Only problem is silence is such a strong debuff and negates active defense.

Its cost remains the same, the additional effect is just at 120 ult.

But at 70 ult you will receive much weaker version of what is now on live. Weakest ult in the game basically. From where is info about "high damage"??? I saw a ton of incaps in recap, they were just slightly (20-25%) more powerful then surprise attacks. And only a 10-15% more powerful then *** frags or bow proc. Incap is powerful when it is part of burst.. .when it is just threw directly in your face by NB which struggles to survive your pressure, i.e. dodges/heals etc, you like "lol, dude just wasted ult".
    Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ this. I really don't wanna switch to stamblade, so probably using this new incap will be enough to counter-act anybody other then stamblades :D 2nd place is better then last, huh?
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

There is no counterplay. If you make silence breakable again, this is nothing but an ability that only "stuns" magicka chars with the opportunity of a follow up stun if not broken fast enough.

Incap is a high damage ult that increases all your damage against the target by 20%, gives crit for being slotted and is the cheapest ult in the game. What else does it need? If you want a gimmick, give something like a gimmick. Give minor lifesteal or whatever.

It cost after this will be 120, it's damage is not that big for 120 ult (hi, soul assault!) and so on. Only problem is silence is such a strong debuff and negates active defense.

But at 70 ult you will receive much weaker version of what is now on live. Weakest ult in the game basically. From where is info about "high damage"??? I saw a ton of incaps in recap, they were just slightly (20-25%) more powerful then surprise attacks. And only a 10-15% more powerful then *** frags or bow proc. Incap is powerful when it is part of burst.. .when it is just threw directly in your face by NB which struggles to survive your pressure, i.e. dodges/heals etc, you like "lol, dude just wasted ult".

Idk who you fight if you think incap is the weakest ult in the game. Incap regularly hits for anything between 7k and 12k on PvP builds. It has a 20% damage increase, and will be buffed with 10% from exploiter and 10% from follow up when casted at 70 ult on the defense as in your example.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heyo Gang!

This is full of so much incorrect information.
    Options
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt they make class reps like ages ago?
    How the *** does something like this pass through everyone involved?

ZOS just has no brain?
    Or just dont know their own game at all?
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heyo Gang!

Deals a crazy amount of burst damage and increases your damage dealt against that enemy by 20%, at 70 ultimate, and it's the weakest ult in the game basically? What are you smoking?
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    Didnt they make class reps like ages ago?
    How the *** does something like this pass through everyone involved?

ZOS just has no brain?
    Or just dont know their own game at all?

Class reps did not get told the incap changes, their reactions in this thread and on the dk and templar discords suggest as much at the very least.
    Why have class reps if you dont tell them what you are doing? Well that is another Question I suppose.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Oh god. That means they are digging their heels in on keeping silence, and will come up with some convoluted "counter-play". This is going to get worse.
    Edited by katorga on 8 May 2019 02:34
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Can we just, like, not? The stun was fine. Leave the stun.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sane person would give Nightblades even more sustain and even more deadliness in pvp.
    It is obvious, that there is an unhealthy bias in the dev team that is trying to overbuff Nightblades.

Reave and Silence needs to removed and then never even touch this ability again. It has more than enough debuffs right now.
    Oh Wrobel, is this your revenge ? Is this the plan you had in store for us ? The day we would finally regret loosing you.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^

I think sorc shield needs to be removed and never touched again. 15-20k overshields is a huge part of toxicity in the game rn
    Edited by Wuuffyy on 8 May 2019 02:58
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone crying about this being OP just need to L2P.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Everyone crying about this being OP just need to L2P.

How does a magicka player L2P against this? We can't spam dodge roll, not that it works since they changed it. We can't block, silence will go through the block. There is no break free on being silenced, so it's not like we can break it. Magicka literally has no counter to this obscenely broken change.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Heyo Gang!

While you're at it, how about providing better counterplay for soul assault, radiant destruction, and Haunting Curse for medium armor builds. I don't see why Magicka keeps getting special treatment.

Block?
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

While you're at it, how about providing better counterplay for soul assault, radiant destruction, and Haunting Curse for medium armor builds. I don't see why Magicka keeps getting special treatment.

Block?

Great idea. You could do the same when I silence you via Incap.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But at 70 ult you will receive much weaker version of what is now on live. Weakest ult in the game basically.

lmao okay
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on 8 May 2019 03:09
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Then you can fear us and before we break the fear you'll be able to combo us before the silence is over - so balanced!!

Actually, if we're going to put more forms of silence in the game, silence needs to effect magicka and stamina then (:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Then you can fear us and before we break the fear you'll be able to combo us before the silence is over - so balanced!!

Actually, if we're going to put more forms of silence in the game, silence needs to effect magicka and stamina then (:

Then you can roll.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Then you can roll.

Also fear takes one second so you are down to two. Your move.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Then you can roll.

Have you considered changing your name to Wolf-Quoting?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Then you can roll.

Nice, because breaking free of fear is so consistent in this game!

You're so right, let's just buff nb even more (: It totally needs it, there's no other classes that need any sort of attention.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Make undodgeable abilities go through damage Shields and you have a deal :-)
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Bring back major defile to incap back please. Maybe change numbers a bit, but please stop do this insane changes. it's not healthy for game community.

I mean do you really think we are all fools?
    Some of us are developers too. We know how it works.

You are doing changes for changes. It's a cheap and low way to keep player interest. What is it? Too much "capitalism"?

Why you don't focus on huge lags/performance and other high priority things instead of nerf-buff circle.
    If you want to force people to leave, you are doing it well. Keep going.

Again you CAN stop this cheap way, it's all in your hands, just change your minds about strategy please.
    Otherwise this game will be empty soon.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

Block?

Make undodgeable abilities go through damage Shields and you have a deal :-)

I'm not a sorc, so direct your frustrations at sorcs and shield stacking, not all magicka players are sorcs just fyi
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Azaduur
    Azaduur
    ✭✭
    Spizzie wrote: »
    Azaduur wrote: »
    Spizzie wrote: »
    Azaduur wrote: »
    Silence is strong I agree, but when I read things like "don't discuss counterplay" all I see is "dont make me work to stay alive, just remove what will make my life difficult so that i dont have to deal with it myself." It makes it really hard to take seriously, I doubt theyll keep the silence on incap, they responded really quick to the outrage, i dont know what theyll do, there is only going to be one more round of changes before Elsweyr goes live. Really I'm just glad they got rid of Minor Mangle. I'd have traded Minor Mangle for this new "Reave" feature any day of the week, didn't need to silence in place of stun though, guess we'll see how it goes.

Your inexperience on a Magicka character is blatant. There is no "working to stay alive" when you're silenced. Here are the options to stay alive when you're on a mag player and you're silenced:

1. Become unsilenced

That's it. There is literally no alternative. It'd be like telling a Stam character that in addition to having your heals and attacks unusable for 3 seconds, you also can't roll dodge or block. Funny enough, stamblades are probably the only class that -could- survive that because they can just cloak for the duration. The bias for stamblades in this game is absolutely gross, and I say that from the perspective of somebody who plays mag and stam iterations of every class.

Nightblades can cloak while silenced? I never knew...my magika experience is poor though as you have stated. Ill take your word for it and cloak while silenced from now on.

No you can't cloak. You can, however, use every other ability on your bar that doesn't use magicka. That includes: vigor, rally, surprise attack, execute, gap closer, poison inject.

And also you can roll dodge and block, which isn't an issue because you have 34K+ stamina and enormous cost reduction on your roll dodge. Pretty bad strawman you built there.

You specifically mentioned cloak. I specifically mentioned cloak. No strawman is present, claiming im making a strawman argument is a red herring to distract readers from your earlier uninformed claim that nightblades can "cloak for the duration".
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

You're off to a rough start. Silence on one of the hardest hitting single target abilities in the game?

Who did you collect data from? Bias players?

Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

You're off to a rough start. Silence on one of the hardest hitting single target abilities in the game?

Who did you collect data from? Bias players?

yes @Gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heyo Gang!

Idk who you fight if you think incap is the weakest ult in the game. Incap regularly hits for anything between 7k and 12k on PvP builds. It has a 20% damage increase, and will be buffed with 10% from exploiter and 10% from follow up when casted at 70 ult on the defense as in your example.

It's my recap, in duels and duel-likes conditions with NBs. I have like 25k resists at average. And I didn't told incap is weak. I told that incap will be weak by itself at 70 cost if used on expecting target and out of burst. I usually receive like 6-8k incaps, 5-6k frags, 4-5k surprise attacks.
    Exploiter and follow up are part of standard burst.. (1) and we were talking about new incap (2), in my message I wrote:
    (1) "Incap is powerful when it is part of burst.. "
    (2) "But at 70 ult you will receive much weaker version of what is now on live.."

So before starting with "idk who you fight" may be you should read. And you may contact me at PC EU and show your 12k incap in duel, I always ready to learn something new.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are actually defending this as being balanced?
    Options