Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    I understand we need to be tolerant and all in this world but black Nocturnal is just weird. Zos, fix her face at least pls...
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want.
    For example compare how things looks on game engine and art:
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:
    pre_1435677639__almalexia_eso.jpg

And compare to Legends art:
    LG-cardart-Almalexia_02.png

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):
    Golden-Saint-Female-Close-Front.jpg

latest?cb=20180215151256

Difference is drastical and its not developers to blame about it.

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when as a matter of fact you can make custom character with this engine.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore costume on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself. Your argument of Golden Saints and Almalexia makes no sense. Golden Saints are Daedra creatures, they are like those "Bears" or "Pact Soldiers" you find all over the game. Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf, but she still looks unique and has a unique costume, so does Vivec, so does Sotha Sil.

Mephala looks good if you like that type of female body. Gray skinned, with red eyes and 8 extra legs.
    Almalexia looks just fine. She is yet to reach super crazy stage, so the way devs made her in ESO is suitable.
    Nocturnal looks just like any female with nocturnal limited time cs dress would look. If zos gave it better one, ppl would flip for buying that abomination before.
    It is interesting how noone comment the plain looks of Meridia. She looks like someone who spends mornings milking 3-5 cows, afternoons toiling in fields and evenings scrubbing dishes and crying herself to sleep. I have not seen ppl making threads about that.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when as a matter of fact you can make custom character with this engine.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore costume on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself. Your argument of Golden Saints and Almalexia makes no sense. Golden Saints are Daedra creatures, they are like those "Bears" or "Pact Soldiers" you find all over the game. Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf, but she still looks unique and has a unique costume, so does Vivec, so does Sotha Sil.

Mephala looks good if you like that type of female body. Gray skinned, with red eyes and 8 extra legs.
    Almalexia looks just fine. She is yet to reach super crazy stage, so the way devs made her in ESO is suitable.
    Nocturnal looks just like any female with nocturnal limited time cs dress would look. If zos gave it better one, ppl would flip for buying that abomination before.
    It is interesting how noone comment the plain looks of Meridia. She looks like someone who spends mornings milking 3-5 cows, afternoons toiling in fields and evenings scrubbing dishes and crying herself to sleep. I have not seen ppl making threads about that.

meridian disguised herself as a common mortal, it's probably so that her worshippers can relate to her. She might get a true appearance later
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

meridian disguised herself as a common mortal, it's probably so that her worshippers can relate to her. She might get a true appearance later

Well Nocturnal maybe disguised herself as cs limited time offer costume wearing female. Or maybe her better robe was on cleaning.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It makes sense.

The guild quests had as much effort.... :D
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a single Daedric prince has impressed me in ESO tbh.
    They all act tough but never pose any danger.

The only Daedric enemy I respect is Voriak Solkyn in vMA.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where did you get that nocturnal image ( the first one) but that's a mod...
    Honestly nocturnal had the very same dress of eso in skyrim.
    Still it looks cheap but you had some wrong sources there.
    https://youtu.be/jYp_bjDcob8

Even this source is heavly modded...
    Finding a vanilla skyrim is really hard this days, even i had over 80 mods installed
    Edited by Tonnopesce on 30 May 2018 08:35
    Signature

• TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that picture you got is one of Nocturnal's three appearances. Tho i agree it's bit disappointing, it seems better in this one?

28kqyd1.png

lmfao, if this actually what me and other console players are gonna see when summerset releases I can see some interesting comments being made about ZO$. This better be a placeholder lol.
    Edited by TheUndeadAmulet on 30 May 2018 08:30
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    PC NA 400+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i totally agree. i loved, clavicus, mephala and nocturnal showing up as deadra, not only as statues. but nocturnals design was bad. her legs, the dress... no, no, no.

also looking at make up, some clothes, i still have the feeling, there is no staff working for zos, that has some sense for fashion.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when clearly you can make custom character with this engine as a matter of fact.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore custome on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself.

She looks like dunmer woman with bright eyes in special outfit and spider legs, i.e. like her statue does, same as Nocturnal.
    But Mephala indeed looks much cooler coz her basic concept is cool, unlike Nocturnal who is just half nude female.

Its quite natural, mephala would or might look like dunmer, same does azura and same might also be for boethiah, chosing a dunmer appearance (their physical appearance is chosen, and can be changed, also from male to female). those three are the good deadra of the dunmer, they are their patrons. they are those deadra which are the closest to the dunmer.

nobody did, because meridia chose to not show up as meridia the whole time, but as a "random woman". so she's been disguised.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on 30 May 2018 08:43

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that the devs pop in and say that this isn't her final model
    Edited by Aliyavana on 30 May 2018 09:30
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala ...my kind of woman * heart eyes for days

Nocturnal looks like one of the Redguards hanging out with Lamae Bal.
    Don't believe me? First vampire to the left when you enter the portal for the vampire quest * goes back to heart eyes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala ...my kind of woman * heart eyes for days

Nocturnal looks like one of the Redguards hanging out with Lamae Bal.
    Don't believe me? First vampire to the left when you enter the portal for the vampire quest * goes back to heart eyes

Her sphere has a certain specialty, and so she is very skilled.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree. She looks kind of meh........not what I was expecting.
  • Kumba_Ya
    Kumba_Ya
    ✭✭
    The whole end of the story was a disappointment for me. Clockwork city had a great finish with a huge build up to Summerset. But I felt underwhelmed at the story telling and visuals during the final battle. We literally fought a blown up jpeg image of a redguard in a crownstore costume for most of the fight, which is a sad step down from the Last quest against molag bal. molag bal looks exactly like the statues of him that you can find in the game. Vile looked okay but not as good as his popular statue and the outfit he wears in that. Overall, the climax and conclusion of the chapter were a bit boring.
    Edited by Kumba_Ya on 30 May 2018 10:28
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Devs from both the single player games and the mmo have alwyas been really lazy when it comes to creating 3d living versions of the daedric princes... if its not a generic human like sheogorath or nocturnal zero effort goes in.. im actually surprised we ever got a molag bal fight in eso and not vague endless forshadowing of a fight that just turns out to be a reskinned xivilai..
    Now we have generic noc and badass looking mephala who will probly never see combat. Clavicus vile just a disembodied voice and barbas a generic skafin, ten cent bet if they ever add malacath hell just be a possessed orc.. its just disappointing how little goes into one of the largest parts of the series meridia is another gpod example generic breton woman that glows... big whoop
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs from both the single player games and the mmo have alwyas been really lazy when it comes to creating 3d living versions of the daedric princes... if its not a generic human like sheogorath or nocturnal zero effort goes in.. im actually surprised we ever got a molag bal fight in eso and not vague endless forshadowing of a fight that just turns out to be a reskinned xivilai..
    Now we have generic noc and badass looking mephala who will probly never see combat. Clavicus vile just a disembodied voice and barbas a generic skafin, ten cent bet if they ever add malacath hell just be a possessed orc.. its just disappointing how little goes into one of the largest parts of the series meridia is another gpod example generic breton woman that glows... big whoop

molag bals and mephalas models were great, so they can make amazing models
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have hair under hoods... just as nice as it would have been since the game launched.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

molag bals and mephalas models were great, so they can make amazing models

Also from the single-player games, Dagon in Oblivion was pretty sick, while Hircine in Bloodmoon was kinda cool.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana Has a point though.

Honestly I was expecting a bit more than just a floating barely textured massive version of nocturnal....even molag bal was far more detailed than this.....skyrims nocturnal was better....like...I loved the story but for god sake...

Seriously...she just floats there....virtually no animation no epic visual...shes the mother of shadows ..shes UR DRA THE UNFATHOMABLE DARKNESS!! urgh MAKE HER LOOK AWESOME ZOS.

Her character Model and texture and almost blank expression when appearing was one of the most dissapointing parts of the entire chapter despite the fact that a vast majority of it was absolutely amazing.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on 31 May 2018 00:18
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Necrus011
    Necrus011
    ✭✭
    I agree the Nocturnal's appearance was pretty bad, but even worse, her role didn't make much sense or mesh with established lore.

If anything, Mephala should have been the one who betrayed the triad, given she is associated with murder, betrayal, and fate.

Moreover, the whole primordial darkness/preceding the creation of oblivion angle didn't previously apply to Nocturnal. That is Namira's domain.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Namira

Granted, Nocturnal is the Daedric Prince of night and shadow, but she has always been more associated with thieves and luck rather than inter-planar domination.

Nocturnal's characterization and appearance leave much to be desired. I am not sure why ZOS has decided to give her the traits of already established Princes. It is almost like they had plenty of crow, swamp, ghost, and wisp assets and didn't want to develop something more unique that would fit a more appropriate choice of Daedric Prince.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necrus011 wrote: »
    I agree the Nocturnal's appearance was pretty bad, but even worse, her role didn't make much sense or mesh with established lore.

If anything, Mephala should have been the one who betrayed the triad, given she is associated with murder, betrayal, and fate.

Moreover, the whole primordial darkness/preceding the creation of oblivion angle didn't previously apply to Nocturnal. That is Namira's domain.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Namira

Granted, Nocturnal is the Daedric Prince of night and shadow, but she has always been more associated with thieves and luck rather than inter-planar domination.

Nocturnal's characterization and appearance leave much to be desired. I am not sure why ZOS has decided to give her the traits of already established Princes. It is almost like they had plenty of crow, swamp, ghost, and wisp assets and didn't want to develop something more unique that would fit a more appropriate choice of Daedric Prince.

Now that you mention it, the Evergloam wasn't what I'd expect it to be for a prince of thieves, luck, and night. It did feel more like Namira. And that would've been a great triad; Namira, Mephala, and Vile, with Mephala as the betrayer.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Nm of a spoiler... But yeah... Idk... Its been so long since I completed the main quest, wasn't it Nocturnal wo aided us in defeating Molag?

No, that was Meridia.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, the Nocturnal NPC in Skyrim is, in fact, a Redguard. Her statue in Oblivion also seems to feature a bald head.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the record, the Nocturnal NPC in Skyrim is, in fact, a Redguard. Her statue in Oblivion also seems to feature a bald head.

What's your point @PrinceShroob? Her statue in Skyrim has hair. Exhibit A:SR-quest-Darkness_Returns.jpg
    Also, it's not about whether she's a redguard or not. It's about how bad her character model is.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's your point @PrinceShroob? Her statue in Skyrim has hair. Exhibit A:SR-quest-Darkness_Returns.jpg
    Also, it's not about whether she's a redguard or not. It's about how bad her character model is.

yep, we don't care if she is a redguard, just that she is plain looking
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To me, if felt like it was Mephala who was suppose to be the main villain in this story and after the change over from the original developers, someone decided to go 'Hey, let's make this our own and change who the main villain is', and they did a *** poor job of it.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nocturnal is a bald redguard in a bathrobe, who knew
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this thread before I finished the main quest and thought maybe it was over exaggeration - sadly not!! She looked truly dreadful - Vile and Mephala looked really good and considering Nocturnal ended up being the main focus of the story I would have thought more effort would have been put into her appearance - actually spoilt the ending for me as her shoddy appearance was distracting!
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    I saw this thread before I finished the main quest and thought maybe it was over exaggeration - sadly not!! She looked truly dreadful - Vile and Mephala looked really good and considering Nocturnal ended up being the main focus of the story I would have thought more effort would have been put into her appearance - actually spoilt the ending for me as her shoddy appearance was distracting!

IKR, like how could I take the main villain seriously when she looks like a random redguard in bathing robes?
This discussion has been closed.