Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    molag bals and mephalas models were great, so they can make amazing models

Molag Bal and Mephala had great detailed models so they could sell their respective statues. Same goes for the Assembly General. A giant dwemer centurion with glowing streaks here and there wouldn't look as impressive in statue and CGI form.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    molag bals and mephalas models were great, so they can make amazing models

Molag Bal and Mephala had great detailed models so they could sell their respective statues. Same goes for the Assembly General. A giant dwemer centurion with glowing streaks here and there wouldn't look as impressive in statue and CGI form.

It wouldn't take much effort to grab a shrike and recolor her to look like nocturnal. Clavicus vile is a simple model yet is fitting
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agreed @Aliyavana she's very plain and it doesnt seem like there was much effort to capture her essance
    Edited by D0PAMINE on 3 June 2018 04:53
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope she is updated today. If this is the final product ima be disappointed because my redguard can pull off that dress better
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for some spoilers... :( I even briefly read who's the main villain grrrrrr!

I will stop reading these kind of threads in the future.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrus011 wrote: »
    I agree the Nocturnal's appearance was pretty bad, but even worse, her role didn't make much sense or mesh with established lore.

If anything, Mephala should have been the one who betrayed the triad, given she is associated with murder, betrayal, and fate.

Moreover, the whole primordial darkness/preceding the creation of oblivion angle didn't previously apply to Nocturnal. That is Namira's domain.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Namira

Granted, Nocturnal is the Daedric Prince of night and shadow, but she has always been more associated with thieves and luck rather than inter-planar domination.

Nocturnal's characterization and appearance leave much to be desired. I am not sure why ZOS has decided to give her the traits of already established Princes. It is almost like they had plenty of crow, swamp, ghost, and wisp assets and didn't want to develop something more unique that would fit a more appropriate choice of Daedric Prince.

I was also expecting more of Mephala, but I think we haven't seen the last of her and Vile. As for Nocturnal, I guess she was the protagonist, so to speak, because of her involvement in the CWC story and discovering Sotha-Sil's secret. For me that made sense because even if she is not as 'aggressive' in her domination plans like other Princes, she worked in the shadows for a long time to prepare for her strike, so it was fitting in that way. Regarding her appearance, I think she looked good but unremarkable, especially for a Daedric Prince; outfit submissions for that contest a while back had more imagination and thought put to them than this. I didn't mind not fighting her directly though--Veya was really starting to *** me off by the end of the story :sweat_smile:
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    y71ij2klu1bz.png
    LOL HER STATUE LOOKS BETTER THAN HER

Agree!

No one sees issue with this? xD
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apart from some hair, what I think she really needs to go with that robe is some boxing gloves
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of non-constructive comments from this thread. Please ensure that this discussion remains civil. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt mentioned in todays patch notes :(
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit: Duplicate post.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on 5 June 2018 22:00
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It wasnt mentioned in todays patch notes :(

And yet another thread about something important disregarded.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that picture you got is one of Nocturnal's three appearances. Tho i agree it's bit disappointing, it seems better in this one?

28kqyd1.png

I blurt-laughed when I saw this in-game. :D
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Uh... it's a little questionable that some of you seem more concerned that she's a Redguard and not a white woman like she was in Skyrim. Daedric Princes can have many forms.

I do agree the texture and colors on the robes looks bad (and the poses are laughable) and it looks like there was very little attention to detail with the model in general. But insisting that Nocturnal can only appear as a pale white woman with long dark hair is VERY transparent.
    Edited by Glenmorils on 4 June 2018 17:42
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glenmorils wrote: »
    Uh... it's a little questionable that some of you seem more concerned that she's a Redguard and not a white woman like she was in Skyrim. Daedric Princes can have many forms.

I do agree the texture and colors on the robes looks bad (and the poses are laughable) and it looks like there was very little attention to detail with the model in general. But insisting that Nocturnal can only appear as a pale white woman with long dark hair is VERY transparent.

I mean, the npc in skyrim was a redguard. It says so in the game's files.

Edit: Also, again, it's not about Nocturnal being a redguard. It's about how poor the model is. Both Mephala and Vile have pretty good to great character models, and then you look at Nocturnal and she looks like that.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on 4 June 2018 17:46
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭

I mean, the npc in skyrim was a redguard. It says so in the game's files.

That's interesting, but her appearance was not that of a typical Redguard (pale skin), which is why so many people in these comments seem to be mentioning that she's a Redguard (black woman.)
    Edit: Also, again, it's not about Nocturnal being a redguard. It's about how poor the model is. Both Mephala and Vile have pretty good to great character models, and then you look at Nocturnal and she looks like that.
    You're right, but several people have commented or danced around not wanting her to be black (or saying it's "weird"). I understand most people are upset about the way the model looks, but there are quite a few comments who have other issues in mind.
    Edited by Glenmorils on 4 June 2018 17:48
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case idc if she's a redguard but she looks just like a common redguard
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console players, prepare to be dissapointed
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Naah. I still have Mephala <3
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mmmm, so cute with those fangs and stuff
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yessssssssssssssssssss one of my favorite Princes
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

those spider legs tho, am I right? and beautiful eyes
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The spider everything tbh. Did she weave her own dress or did her daedra make it for her is the real question.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The spider everything tbh. Did she weave her own dress or did her daedra make it for her is the real question.

she probably weaves it herself if you know what I mean
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala looks so badass and nocturnal just eh... looks like she had an accident and wanted to cover it lel
    and who cares if she is a redguard, i wouldnt even care if she would be an orc as long as she looks like a daedra and not like a cosplayer
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess you can say she is a deadric prince and take whatever form they want. but its kind of hilarious looking at the statue, shirkes and the default redguard model :#
    Edited by darkstar2084 on 5 June 2018 07:38
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess you can say she is a deadric prince and take whatever form they want. but its kind of hilarious looking at the statue, shirkes and the default redguard model :#

She should have just been a better looking shrike
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Yeah we talked about this on the PTS forum. Shame nothing got changed.
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Yeah we talked about this on the PTS forum. Shame nothing got changed.

That pretty much seems to be the norm. Never has a single house been changed or improved despite numerous posts of feedback on them from PTS. I have to wonder why they even bother asking.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Nocturnal looks awful
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Agreed. Nocturnal looks awful

now console players are gonna see this "daedric prince"