Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elissae wrote: »
    Not only her visual representation is terrible, I found the voice acting to be a letdown as well tbh.
    "Ooh I'm such a villain, hear how evil I sound." It's such a stereotypical B-movie kind of voice.

I love the expansion, but Nocturnal is a disappointment.

"I AM NOCTURNAL! THE NIGHT IS FOREVEEEEER" Voice line cracks me up in Abyssal Geyshers
    Edited by Aliyavana on 7 June 2018 18:13
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console versions of ESO are nearly unplayable and this is what you want fixed???
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that morph looks like they didn't even try. I mean at least teach whoever is in charge of NPC models how to use the morphing dials. Bland face, no hair, and bland costume that we've all seen a thousand times over now. Even some accessories to the costume that PCs don't get or can't combine that way would've given her a much more unique look.
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Console versions of ESO are nearly unplayable and this is what you want fixed???

Yes. The Art&Animation team shouldn't have any involvement with the performance&technical teams.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want.
    For example compare how things looks on game engine and art:
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:
    pre_1435677639__almalexia_eso.jpg

And compare to Legends art:
    LG-cardart-Almalexia_02.png

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):
    Golden-Saint-Female-Close-Front.jpg

And compare to Legends art:
    latest?cb=20180215151256

Difference is drastical and its not developers to blame about it.

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Lore-wise, is that really Mephala in Arteum? I thought they only use vessels when outside their own realm? Are they vulnerable if they appear in their true form when outside their realm?

Technically I believe they can only not directly appear in nirn unless certain circumstances, but arteum isn't currently in nirn so its fair game. Plus she was invited by sotha sil himself

When the dragonfires are down, which they are in ESO, they can enter nirn, most of the princes won't thanks to sotha's pact,. But as for her fully being in, no, its just an avatar of hers.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elissae wrote: »

Yes. The Art&Animation team shouldn't have any involvement with the performance&technical teams.

But money should be spent elsewhere.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6152a86ecbacdec911207fc2a89c7a7b.jpg

Lol, zos why is the statue better looking?
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is she standing on a pedestal with her robe draped around it? Otherwise I don't know how that leg would work. o_O
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is she standing on a pedestal with her robe draped around it? Otherwise I don't know how that leg would work. o_O

shes a daedric prince, she can float while dissing the haters. I hope zos updates nocturnal to look like this so that she will look actually elegant
    Edited by Aliyavana on 7 June 2018 20:40
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is probably the first statue besides Vaermina that ive wanted. Due to the nature of the crates tho, I know I won't get it, but it's nice to dream.(lol)
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is probably the first statue besides Vaermina that ive wanted. Due to the nature of the crates tho, I know I won't get it, but it's nice to dream.(lol)

Mephala is also nice, and looks like her statue.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shes a daedric prince, she can float while dissing the haters. I hope zos updates nocturnal to look like this so that she will look actually elegant

Ah, of course she floats. And rather more elegantly than in the Summerset main quest. :)
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal may as well been in a t-pose the entire time and it would have felt about the same
  • kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    True observation. Set the bar too low on that daedra design.
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf they put the statue in the crown crates?? Why ZO$ Why? D: Just let us buy them from the crown store please T_T
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow has this ever been beaten to death. I found her acceptable and not nearly as bad as being whined about. I'm in the "there are far better things to be addressed than this" crowd...but after 7 pages I had to say way over the top on this complaint.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know the lore does state she does look like just a human woman in a cloak, but this is an mmo, was expecting something a little bit more demon looking...

...Pale skin, bright violet eyes, clothes abit more flowing and robe like, something that did scream mistress of the darkness!

....did feel I was playing against mini boss. Hey when a Evergloom DLC come out where we get to properly go to the Evergloom (not gunna be a while I think but down the road) not just small pockets of it, and/if we get to actually battle and defeat her (not a minion of hers) like we did with Molag-Bal, hopefully she will look more badass then. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Cuthceol on 8 June 2018 10:41
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    "Guys, we forgot to design our main villain and we don't have any budget/time left" is something I can't help imagining were said on the design team. With all the wonderful work they've done earlier and in other bits of summerset (even NPCs from side quests) it's just so very hard to believe that they planned this design all along. It's so obviously done in a hurry, just an existing dress designed for much smaller models slapped on a completely normal looking (albeit oversized) woman. Oh, and sometimes purple fire in her hands I guess.

And the dress doesn't even suit her. Nothing myserious or nightly about it, nothing at all that says nocturnal. She looks more like an oversized Dibella cultist.

And she's bald, probably because of the dress. On her statue she has nice flowing hair under the hood, spilling out from it even, but in that blue thing you can easily see there's no hair at all under her hood.

they started with mephala, ran short of time and hurriedly did vile but only had the lunch break left to do nocturnal
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have to agree. Really disappointed me tbh, even Clavicus looked better!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derlfak wrote: »

clavicus was essentially a skaafin with some nice attire to him and it really fit him. It wasn't a problem as it looked daedric
    Edited by Aliyavana on 9 June 2018 07:44
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not related. If consoles are having performance issues it is done by different teams that those that do character design and such.

While I do not expect Zos to go back and redo this the right way, it is sad to see such a poor attempt in the first place to what otherwise is a good story.
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing when we first saw the daedric princes. Clavicus appeared and I was like, "OMG, IT'S ACTUALLY HIM! WE ARE F*****, RED ALERT, DAEDRIC PRINCE." Mephala appeared and I was like, "Oh blessed Mephala, please don't kill me, you are absolutely terrifying to look at (in an amazing way) and yet I still love it."

Then Nocturnal appeared and I thought, "Who's the cosplayer? This is a joke, right?" I loved the main quest, I loved how certain characters came into play, even from previous storylines; however, this was the biggest let down. I think they really dropped the ball on her and I hope they do a redesign. It wouldn't be that hard to implement, I believe. Until they do a redesign, I'm holding back on doing the main quest on my alt characters. I want to relive the main quest again, but not with the current Nocturnal design.

• Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Commenting to keep the thread alive

When are we getting an official respond?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if over the years (since this is the 2nd Era, and her better appearance is in the 4th Era) she got fed up with people being let down when they saw her that she just decided to change. Like she appears to her loyal followers, and they're all like "oh, you're Nocturnal? Yeah, right."
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLERS?!
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if over the years (since this is the 2nd Era, and her better appearance is in the 4th Era) she got fed up with people being let down when they saw her that she just decided to change. Like she appears to her loyal followers, and they're all like "oh, you're Nocturnal? Yeah, right."

Nice one xD
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derlfak wrote: »

clavicus was essentially a skaafin with some nice attire to him and it really fit him. It wasn't a problem as it looked daedric

Clavicus Vile appeared during the Keyes books and he wasn't terribly intimidating then either. IMO that's fine for him; he's the Daedric Prince of Bargains after all, and it's hard to bargain with someone when they scream and run in the opposite direction as soon as they look at you. And in any case, he wasn't showing up for the final boss fight, so not being dressed for it is less of an issue.

Nocturnal on the other hand...after that cool shadows-engulfing-everything trick she's pulled (twice now!), she should be going for the intimidation factor, or look aloof and untouchable...she should not look like she just showered and threw on a bathrobe before showing up for the fight.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH, seeing as we have not had a response so far....

Maybe after E3 ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nocturnal on the other hand...after that cool shadows-engulfing-everything trick she's pulled (twice now!), she should be going for the intimidation factor, or look aloof and untouchable...she should not look like she just showered and threw on a bathrobe before showing up for the fight.

Well, considering she was not really planning to show up for that fight at all... She was kinda about to become one of the most powerful creatures in the whole universe and she might have decided to get a quick shower to look all nice and fancy at her victory party. Maybe she was not expecting our hero to storm into the tower, sacrificing all his friends and killing all her servants while they are at it, and forcing her into that fight. So yeah, of course Nocturnal had to grab a bath robe and show up as soon as she could before her plan was foiled.
This discussion has been closed.