Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Look at Nocturnal, the main antagonist of the summerset chapter
y71ij2klu1bz.png

Her statue Completely outshines nocturnal, can we have a nocturnal that looks like the statue?
v5t43unvazm2.png
bvzd1mhsecxq.png
Now look at Mephala, she slays nocturnal completely.
atpqsiqk05dw.png

And Clavicus Vile
wlq5g4mrvmwe.png

And finally Hircine
68a33893510406ab77c401f08f3bb866.jpg
All outshine nocturnal who has a simple bathing robe.
How do we go from this
pzao55k2berj.png
to this?
4w6zuywpbrvd.png
The best way to describe nocturnals portrayal is as a very mundane and uninteresting budget cosplayer, even her minions, the shrikes, look more daedric and unique than nocturnal, in fact, they look more like nocturnal than nocturnal does and they even have hair under their hoods a2krutc62zgm.png
rpzka78nfd8u.png
qs8k4by7e9b3.png
vrmsr2dwsner.png

And nocturnal's earl has a way more unique model than nocturnal.why does nocturnal's minions look better than nocturnal?549fe266c97979d5cd2959613448ee8b.png
Photo credit to @mureel

Edited by Aliyavana on 24 June 2018 09:41
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a shame because the ur daedra, the one that was able to banish the other two daedric princes has the most underwhelming design. It would go a long way if you were to give her long hair under her hood, gave her a daedric eye color, either made her skin color darker much like the cloudrest skin, or white like in skyrim or the shrikes.
    Edited by Aliyavana on 29 May 2018 09:10
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    K
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you ever like anything?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    K

cool
    RedRook wrote: »

yes, If you read the op then clearly it's obvious i was pleased with mephala's design
    Edited by Aliyavana on 27 May 2018 23:32
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    K

cool
    RedRook wrote: »

yes, If you read the op its obvious i was pleased with mephala's and clavicus viles appearance.

No, didn't get that at all, so thanks for the clarification.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers ahead of the main quest for summerset!

How do we go from this cqx7pw51fjfh.png
    to this?
    4w6zuywpbrvd.png
    The best way to describe nocturnals portrayal is as a very mundane and uninteresting budget cosplayer, even her minions, the shrikes, look more daedric and unique than nocturnal a2krutc62zgm.png .

Mephala looks like she has dunmeric features but atleast she gets a model that sets her apart from a dunmer atpqsiqk05dw.png . Even clavicus vile had a unique model...

The skyrim to eso photo looks like you showed a armature sketch artist the skyrim photo for like 20 seconds then shoved a blank paper in front of them and some budget crayons and told them to redraw it lol. And mephala is basically the League of Legends character Elise.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on 27 May 2018 08:49
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers ahead of the main quest for summerset!

How do we go from this cqx7pw51fjfh.png
    to this?
    4w6zuywpbrvd.png
    The best way to describe nocturnals portrayal is as a very mundane and uninteresting budget cosplayer, even her minions, the shrikes, look more daedric and unique than nocturnal a2krutc62zgm.png .

Mephala looks like she has dunmeric features but atleast she gets a model that sets her apart from a dunmer atpqsiqk05dw.png . Even clavicus vile had a unique model...

The skyrim to eso photo looks like you showed a armature sketch artist the skyrim photo for like 20 seconds then shoved a blank paper in front of them and some budget crayons and told them to redraw it lol. And mephala is basically the League of Legends character Elise.

That's a pretty fitting way to describe it nocturnal lol.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we talked about this on the PTS forum. Shame nothing got changed.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the final Nocturnal model is disgusting quality, its shameful that they didn't spend the effort to do a proper job. That baldilocks trend is pathetic, there's no excuse for that, the Prophet had the graphics for strands of hair coming out, there's no reason they can't do the same for future hood-wearing characters.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not good.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did they really just slap that awful looking crown store dress—and it IS AWFUL, sorry if you bought it—on a model and call it a day? I’m just about done with this game and the constant cutting of corners, with no slow-down in sight for the Crown Store and associated grabbing. Summerset looks half-baked in every possible way, and they didn’t even do a class balance, which was promised—and has now been pushed to the “next” DLC (and then likely the one after that and so on).

Inexcusable. All of it.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What makes it worse is this is supposed to be the climax of the Daedric Triad plot. This is what they were building up to! And they can't even give the main villain appropriate polish...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it makes it better, Daedra princes can change their appearance at will and have just some preferred appearances. So... maybe she wanted to appear as a budget cosplayer? :neutral:
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..... we tried in the PTS forum OP, but ZOS didn't listen. She looks so bad....so, soo bad....
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem for me is, why did they take a redguard character model for Nocturnal ?! and where're the crows on her arms ? The final battle with nocturnal in the back was so cringe...
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    budget

All the budget for Nocturnal has sunk into her 2,5-seconds appearance in the trailer :wink::wink::wink:

noctur10.png

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes me think, that it's not Nocturnal, but an imposter, like Mannimarco in TES IV, you know.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... what about the 'Mephala' in the Falinesti quest in Reaper's March with Telanger? There, Mephala is shown as a ghostly Spider Daedra instead of how she appeared in Summerset. I just finished this quest again for the upteenth time last night on a new character and was disappointed that they didn't update Mephala's appearance in that quest.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for baiting and bashing. This is a friendly reminder that both baiting and bashing are against our forum rules. This includes other forum members as well as ZOS employees. Posting these types of comments can result in actions being taken against your account. Thank you for your understanding and consideration before you post.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been too busy doing everything else on Summerset, I am just now moving through the main story.

Wow, very disappointing. When I saw Nocturnal on the PTS I was hoping that was just a place-holder skin, and that when live, she would have a unique look to her. How can they put so much time and effort into creating Mephala, who looks incredible, but when it comes to Nocturnal they just slap a crown store dress on a model and call it a day?

What a let down....
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda just looks like a player wearing the Shrike costume...lame.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, if anyone dropped the ball on Nocturnal's design, I think it was BGS in Skyrim. Hilariously in TES5, she's just a unique costume on a normal, female NPC.

Fast forward to this, and we've got her design competing with Mephala and Vile, and ESO's Mephala design is very good. In that... yeah, Nocturnal does kinda wash out a bit.
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Did they really just slap that awful looking crown store dress—and it IS AWFUL, sorry if you bought it—on a model and call it a day? I’m just about done with this game and the constant cutting of corners, with no slow-down in sight for the Crown Store and associated grabbing. Summerset looks half-baked in every possible way, and they didn’t even do a class balance, which was promised—and has now been pushed to the “next” DLC (and then likely the one after that and so on).

Inexcusable. All of it.

ESO is turning into SWTOR, small content patches with weekly cash grab shop items updates to get the highest possible money out of this game. This was my main MMO to go to but seeing that they cant even fix stuff which has been asked for years and add QOL stuff is showing their true colors. ZO$$$
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    It makes me think, that it's not Nocturnal, but an imposter, like Mannimarco in TES IV, you know.

Technically its supposed to be an avatar of Nocturnal isn’t it? I’m not trying to justify it, just trying for accuracy.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    So... what about the 'Mephala' in the Falinesti quest in Reaper's March with Telanger? There, Mephala is shown as a ghostly Spider Daedra instead of how she appeared in Summerset. I just finished this quest again for the upteenth time last night on a new character and was disappointed that they didn't update Mephala's appearance in that quest.

The Deadric Princes can appear hiwever they want. They don't really have a form or gender. They appear to mortals however they feel like appearing. Sometimes male, sometimes female, sometimes monsterous. Some have forms the prefer, but they are really shapeless cosmic forces really.
    PC/EU DC
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    logarifmik wrote: »

Technically its supposed to be an avatar of Nocturnal isn’t it? I’m not trying to justify it, just trying for accuracy.
    I see your point. Alright, lets say "it looks like an avatar of an imposter" instead.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to describe nocturnals portrayal is as a very mundane and uninteresting budget cosplayer, even her minions, the shrikes, look more daedric and unique than nocturnal

I prefer the shrikes. I think they look neat.. but that "avatar" of nocturnal, really hurts my eyes

PC-EU @lientier
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes it worse is this is supposed to be the climax of the Daedric Triad plot. This is what they were building up to! And they can't even give the main villain appropriate polish...

That was the hilarious part of this
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'd forgotten until I got to it earlier today. That particular texture could probably do with some love. It looks fine on a normal character model, but when it's on an object that large, the lack of detail looks weird.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So true, especially the ending. Overall I feel this has been over-rated content.
This discussion has been closed.