Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanting a Daedric prince to look awesome is "sexually objectifying a Daedric prince" now?
    Maybe take 5 seconds and read the above to see how asinine this entire discussion is.

If it's not for sexual objectification, then there is no argument to be made here.
    So people have been sexually objectifying Molag Bal, Clavicus Vile and Hircine for saying these Princes look good?
    Right, and if anyone here claims these models are better looking, well, we have a problem.
    Molag Bal is a giant gray blob with a predator-like face and a tail, but mostly just a giant gray blob.

Clavicus Vile is an NPC with horns wearing an outfit my grandfather wore to the beach.

Hircine looks like they've lived in the woods a little too long, and wears antlers as a trophy. Hey, just one step above horned Clavicus.

Mephala looks like someone used the dark blue Fill bucket, drew some spindly lines on her back, and used two red dots for eyes. Seriously, the thing has no pupils.

Sheogorath, a very popular NPC mostly due to his mannerisms and not the jester-esqu pink and blue top he wears which take away from his all-white colored eyes, doesn't get the same backlash despite being the least detailed prince of them all.
    I guess we can just use a scamp model for Nocturnal...
    Actually, this works to my point.

Your character's role is to banish a deadric prince causing havoc in the world of Tamriel. Gear, weapons, and potions brought to a battle, and this is how it's playing out:

"I'm ready to defeat you, Nocturnal! Show yourself, so I may use Dawnbreaker upon you!"

"Mortal fool. You do not know the power you are dealing with. Soon, you will. Prepare to be mine." (reveals herself)

"Damn, Nocturnal. You're ugly! I expected you to look better. What, you didn't think to dress up for this fight? No matter. Time to use Dawnbreaker on you."

Looks pretty foolish when it's written out, doesn't it, which is how I see this entire discussion: foolish. I can only imagine how the backlash would have been if Nocturnal did appear as a scamp.

Since when is a daedric prince supposed to look good? Someone, anyone, please show me in any lore "A Daedric Prince shall appear before all mortals in an acceptable and pleasing form."

Right, Azura? Azura? Are you ever going to show yourself? If you do, it had best be in the 70s Wonder Woman outfit or I'm going to have to create a thread and complain about my disappointment.

Two septims for those who get the joke.

Edited by Violynne on 27 June 2018 11:39
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Wanting a Daedric prince to look awesome is "sexually objectifying a Daedric prince" now?
    Maybe take 5 seconds and read the above to see how asinine this entire discussion is.

If it's not for sexual objectification, then there is no argument to be made here.
    So people have been sexually objectifying Molag Bal, Clavicus Vile and Hircine for saying these Princes look good?
    Right, and if anyone here claims these models are better looking, well, we have a problem.
    Molag Bal is a giant gray blob with a predator-like face and a tail, but mostly just a giant gray blob.

Clavicus Vile is an NPC with horns wearing an outfit my grandfather wore to the beach.

Hircine looks like they've lived in the woods a little too long, and wears antlers as a trophy. Hey, just one step above horned Clavicus.

Mephala looks like someone used the dark blue Fill bucket, drew some spindly lines on her back, and used two red dots for eyes. Seriously, the thing has no pupils.

Sheogorath, a very popular NPC mostly due to his mannerisms and not the jester-esqu pink and blue top he wears which take away from his all-white colored eyes, doesn't get the same backlash despite being the least detailed prince of them all.

Your character's role is to banish a deadric prince causing havoc in the world of Tamriel. Gear, weapons, and potions brought to a battle, and this is how it's playing out:

"I'm ready to defeat you, Nocturnal! Show yourself, so I may use Dawnbreaker upon you!"

"Mortal fool. You do not know the power you are dealing with. Soon, you will. Prepare to be mine." (reveals herself)

"Damn, Nocturnal. You're ugly! I expected you to look better. What, you didn't think to dress up for this fight? No matter. Time to use Dawnbreaker on you."

Looks pretty foolish when it's written out, doesn't it, which is how I see this entire discussion: foolish. I can only imagine how the backlash would have been if Nocturnal did appear as a scamp.

Since when is a daedric prince supposed to look good? Someone, anyone, please show me in any lore "A Daedric Prince shall appear before all mortals in an acceptable and pleasing form."

Right, Azura? Azura? Are you ever going to show yourself? If you do, it had best be in the 70s Wonder Woman outfit or I'm going to have to create a thread and complain about my disappointment.

Are you serious or just brain-sick? A troll maybe? Heard something about aesthetic and art? Can you distinguish trash of piece of art?

You know, you can create your own thread, if you think, that your opinion worth something, snowflake.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not about sexual objectification, not for me at least.

We have been given this storyline in instalments right from the Prophet in Wrothgar, all the way through two chapters and the intervening DLC, and when we get to the end of this grand, over-arching, epic quest line to finally confront the dark and mysterious demon-goddess of the night in the climactic boss fight, what do we get?

A plain looking human lady dressed in the most low-res costume I've seen since 16 bit games went out fashion.

That's what I think this thread is about.
    PC EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

All the other daedric prince models are unique "except maybe clavicus"
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings. This thread has derailed into personal insults, racial commentary, and baiting remarks. For this reason we have decided to close it. For future posts, please consult our forum rules on which topics are and are not permitted. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.