Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Dissapointed That Nocturnal Looks Like a Budget Cosplayer

• hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks like you take the default Redguard model and slap the crownstore outfit on her.

I guess it's because of small indie company?
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks like you take the default Redguard model and slap the crownstore outfit on her.

I guess it's because of small indie company?

I have guildies with redguards that look better than nocturnal does in the dress
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want, you have to use imagination.
    For example compare how things looks on game engine and art:
    Almalexia in eso and with artistic imagination in Legends
    How she in ESO:
    pre_1435677639__almalexia_eso.jpg

And compare to Legends art:
    LG-cardart-Almalexia_02.png

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):
    Golden-Saint-Female-Close-Front.jpg

LG-cardart-Golden_Saint.png

Difference is drastical and its not developers to blame about it.
    Edited by Cinbri on 29 May 2018 20:20
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You cant say that she was done without efforts. In TES she looks like woman in specific dress. And we got this dress in crown store, so obviously she was done as generic woman with this dress.
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want.
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:
    How it look in ESO (not completely her, but npc look similar to ordinary race, only gear is different):

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when as a matter of fact you can make custom character with this engine.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore costume on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself. Your argument of Golden Saints and Almalexia makes no sense. Golden Saints are Daedra creatures, they are like those "Bears" or "Pact Soldiers" you find all over the game. Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf, but she still looks unique and has a unique costume, so does Vivec, so does Sotha Sil.

Edited by hmsdragonfly on 29 May 2018 20:48
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished the Summerset main quest yesterday. This stood out to me as well. Mephala looked good, but Nocturnal looked really off.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC obviously can't handle PS3 graphics.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when clearly you can make custom character with this engine as a matter of fact.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore custome on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself.

She looks like dunmer woman with bright eyes in special outfit and spider legs, i.e. like her statue does, same as Nocturnal.
    But Mephala indeed looks much cooler coz her basic concept is cool, unlike Nocturnal who is just half nude female.
    Edited by Cinbri on 29 May 2018 20:47
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when playing on an intel 7th gen onboard VGA on my Dell laptop...

....looks pretty great in-game, tbh.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »
    Do you ever like anything?

I found a few things he likes... :)
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    idk but I like killing nbs as they try to cloak away
    And why? I like killing those plotting nightblades.
    <3

• hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Why can't Nocturnal? Of course it's not the engine's fault here, we all know that, there's no point blaming the engine here when clearly you can make custom character with this engine as a matter of fact.

It's not about making her look as good as in the concept art, with the decision of taking the default Redguard model and slapping a crownstore custome on her, she looks bland and boring in the concept herself.

She looks like dunmer woman with bright eyes in special outfit and spider legs, i.e. like her statue does, same as Nocturnal.
    But Mephala indeed looks much cooler coz her basic concept is cool, unlike Nocturnal who is just half nude female.

Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf. Should a Dark Elf look like a Breton instead? I think not.
    Even so Almalexia has a special outfit. Does Nocturnal? No she doesn't. Nocturnal's character model is just a default Redguard woman character model, and she has a crownstore costume on her. So much for a Daedric Prince. I guess I can slap that crownstore costume on my Redguard character and tadaaaaa I am Nocturnal. This is pathetic actually.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on 29 May 2018 20:57
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is game engine that not allow to make it look as attractive as you want, you have to use imagination.
    Almalexia in eso and with artistic imagination in Legends
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:

LG-cardart-Golden_Saint.png

Don't try to pull that sh** with Ayem. She looks A-mazing in the game. So too do Seht and Vehk. Nocturnal is literally a redguard with the robe, when she could've been so much more.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Corrinos
    Corrinos
    ✭✭✭
    What did you expect? Increased monetization of crates and virtual goodies is clearly ZOS' primary agenda.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if... the daedric costume/roleplay contest was a clever ploy to get players to create an amazing Nocturnal avatar which they would then draw inspiration from (or copy) instead of making new assets? In failing, default NPC with crown store costume. Job done.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal? Mephala? Dont remember, just rushed through the quests while trying to kill everything during running, so i dont have to to make a stop for fights. But i remember the endboss sequence was way too long, because someone talked something and i had to wait for that to finish.
    Nerf dialogues! And I mean it! :smile:
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I first saw her I was like "Who the heck is that?" Why does she suddenly have the appearance of a poorly dressed & bald reguard, while her Shrikes (which are the Daedra made in her image) look like she did in Skyrim? they could have literally taken one of the shrikes they already had and put her in the nocturnal costume, and that would have been better. Really, they should have done it properly and also had crows sitting on her arms and shadows swirling around her, which would have been fairly easy to do.

As is the only thing about her at all that looks "Nocturnal-ish" is the costume, which was never that well done to start with..
    Edited by Tyrobag on 29 May 2018 21:36
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to have to agree, even on PTS she looked horrible. I understand that there is high demands for more content way more then they can produce at the speeds users want, but sometimes, speeding things up isn't the best thing to do. She looks really pixalated too when you see (SPOILER AHEAD HERE) her massive head-shot projection on the crystal tower. It looks pretty bad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know if I can do better since I cant draw humans, nor have I used any 3D software, but she looks like a normal human, with just a lot of power and bigger. >.> Even the outfit and costumes are horrible, pixalated, and full of holes... literally... For the outfit, if you block, you can see under your arm, open sky, like you have floating arms almost. Of course I haven't worn that costume really since it came out so I still do not know if its like that or not, it needs more texture and shading.

Do not get me wrong, its not that bad... but Nocturnal looks more like a character from, I dunno, WildStar? I don't really have a good comparison off the top of my head. Hopefully with time, she'll have an appearance update. But I do agree, she doesn't look her best, maybe she forgot her morning makeup, or woke up on the wrong side of... whatever a daedric prince might sleep on.
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the Chapter, but one of the few criticisms I have has to be the letdown of Nocturnal's model and outfit.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that picture you got is one of Nocturnal's three appearances. Tho i agree it's bit disappointing, it seems better in this one?

28kqyd1.png

PC|EU
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    Mephala's appearance: "Am the Mofo Mephala!"
    Nocturnal's Appearance: *arrives to ComiCon* "Hello am Ania At-Artura... aka... Nocturnal, in this costume. Am a Redguard so I guess... I just put some cultist clothes on. Pretty hawttie!"
    The players: "Why do dis?!?"
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that picture you got is one of Nocturnal's three appearances. Tho i agree it's bit disappointing, it seems better in this one?

28kqyd1.png

That's really worse tbh. The closer it gets, the worse it gets.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a2krutc62zgm.png

When will we get this as a player costume?

Asking for a friend.
    PC-NA Goat
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

28kqyd1.png

I'm guessing it could be the gloam itself that bothers you all then. Leythen also looked way worse than original after getting gloamed.

Not sure if we could see Nocturnal without the gloam tho, it's what she's all about.
    PC|EU
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nm of a spoiler... But yeah... Idk... Its been so long since I completed the main quest, wasn't it Nocturnal wo aided us in defeating Molag?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y71ij2klu1bz.png
    LOL HER STATUE LOOKS BETTER THAN HER
    Edited by Aliyavana on 30 May 2018 02:22
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpzka78nfd8u.png
    qs8k4by7e9b3.png
    vrmsr2dwsner.png

more pictures of minions that look more like nocturnal than nocturnal does
    Edited by Aliyavana on 30 May 2018 02:26
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia
    How she in ESO:

Or Golden Saint:

latest?cb=20180215151256

Mephala looks good:

atpqsiqk05dw.png

Almalexia is a Dark Elf so ofcourse she looks like a Dark Elf. Should a Dark Elf look like a Breton instead? I think not.
    Even so Almalexia has a special outfit. Does Nocturnal? No she doesn't. Nocturnal's character model is just a default Redguard woman character model, and she has a crownstore costume on her. So much for a Daedric Prince. I guess I can slap that crownstore costume on my Redguard character and tadaaaaa I am Nocturnal. This is pathetic actually.

Amusingly, in Skyrim, Nocturnal was just a default Nord woman with a unique costume. (Technically, she may have had a unique facegen, but still, something you could replicate.)

Back in TES3, Almalexia (and Vivec) had entirely unique meshes.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpzka78nfd8u.png
    qs8k4by7e9b3.png
    vrmsr2dwsner.png

more pictures of minions that look more like nocturnal than nocturnal does

I need it NAO.

...I mean, my friend does.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

28kqyd1.png

She looks like a slightly upset baby instead of the sinister primal force of darkness seeking infinite power.
    I have no issue making her a Redguard, but they really didn't put her personality into it at all. The appearance doesn't even fit her current voice.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

28kqyd1.png

I'm guessing it could be the gloam itself that bothers you all then. Leythen also looked way worse than original after getting gloamed.

Not sure if we could see Nocturnal without the gloam tho, it's what she's all about.

It's not the gloam, it's the character model.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with this, I was amazed by Mephala. Nocturnal did not look like a daedric prince at all. Bad move zos.
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
This discussion has been closed.