The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in an "Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail", Repair, "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop

TheZeroDivide
TheZeroDivide
Soul Shriven
I decided to move the game to my SSD, so I uninstalled it from the hard drive and installed a fresh copy onto my SSD via the patcher. I'm now stuck in a constant loop of receiving error message "303 - PatchError_UnzipFail". The launcher then tells me to restart the launcher, which I do, and then receive the same error. The launcher then suggests running a repair, and upon doing so I get an error stating "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0) (..\..\..\..\shared\unzipper.c/836)".

I've already tried the steps listed on https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8357. After performing the steps listed on that page, the launcher then downloads another 28 gb and the error messages begin anew upon finishing the download.

Edit: Screenshots of the errors

nynk3ocg88sb.png

3gxr07bi9ski.png
  • theesh
    theesh
    Soul Shriven
    You are not the only one. I wanted to get back to playing ESO and, around the 22% mark of the download, I am presented with these exact errors. I too have done everything the support document suggested. It seems as if we are both stuck for the moment.
    Options
  • btsaundeb14_ESO
    btsaundeb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Decided to come back to the game with Morrowind coming out soon, tried to install it, and I am seeing the exact same errors as @TheZeroDivide.
    Options
  • sl4ker
    sl4ker
    Soul Shriven
    same error for me ...
    I followed every single advice posted on the forums & reddit for this problem since 2014 (was a thing back then ...), reinstalled the game, cleared every single file of ESO on my HDD and did a clean and fresh install. Nothing helped so far.
    Options
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have made changes to the Usersetting file, specifically: SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" (Default), change it back.
    Options
  • theesh
    theesh
    Soul Shriven
    If you have made changes to the Usersetting file, specifically: SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" (Default), change it back.

While I appreciate the advice, with fresh installs this does not apply. The usersetting file does not exist.
    Options
  • rakista_ESO
    Same here.
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here aswell on a brand new computer. Any help from ZoS on this one?
    PC EU
    Options
  • hybridfury80ub17_ESO
    hybridfury80ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same exact issue here as the OP. I haven't played in a year or so and decided to try and come back today, but can't install the game. I have tried installing on 3 different hard drives in my pc, 2 SSD's and a standard hard drive, but I keep getting the Error 303 PatchError_UnzipFail error. Any help?
    Options
  • rakista_ESO
    Tried on second computer, same thing.

Is it related to Windows Creator Update‽
    Options
  • hybridfury80ub17_ESO
    hybridfury80ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Tried on second computer, same thing.

Is it related to Windows Creator Update‽

Dunno, I did just install that last night though.
    Options
  • zoneeater
    zoneeater
    Soul Shriven
    Same here.
    Options
  • Arya
    Arya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone find a fix for this? I noticed that ESO was just over 40 gb 2 days ago but today the download was only 28 gb. I'm pretty sure this morning's patch screwed it up.

Submitted a ticket, so we'll see what they say...
    Options
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket earlier today and am up to the point where they ask for the host developer files. I've gone through submitting the game consultant files, opening ports, updating drivers, etc. Maybe they'll figure out what the problem is from these files.

Unrelated: I decided to figure out wtf narwhal tusks are for while I waited. Turns out they club little fish with them and then eat those fish while they're dazed.
    Edited by cellobuddy on 16 May 2017 01:42
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
    Options
  • Arya
    Arya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alright cool. I think its forsure an issue with their client because when you click "Download Game" you are legit missing 12gb. The download should start at like 41 gb not 28 gb as it is now.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried fresh-installing the game on a different computer today. Got this exact same error.

I've installed the game on multiple computers before, never saw this problem. Given the number of people suddenly reporting this issue starting today, I'm guessing that something in today's update patch is messing up people doing fresh installs (but not affecting people updating existing installs, since my other installations of ESO updated today without any issue).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please look into this.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Namtubb
    Namtubb
    Soul Shriven
    Hi hi, having the same issue here. I tried the game during the weekend it was free on Steam and had no issues. I recently bought a non-steam PC version and tried installing it with the same result as up above.

Thanks for showing me I'm not alone, all~
    Options
  • hornsbyq
    hornsbyq
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also having this same problem.
    Options
  • TheZeroDivide
    TheZeroDivide
    Soul Shriven
    Here is a list of things that I've tried, with no success:

Restarting my PC
    Reset all networking devices (Router and modem)
    Configuring firewall to allow ESO.exe and Bethesda.net_Launcher.Exe
    Forwarded ports (TCP/UDP 24100-24131, 24300-24331, 24500-24507)
    Checked to make sure I was running latest router firmware (I was)
    Flushed DNS
    Disable both my firewall and anti-virus
    Direct connect the modem to the PC
    Uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
    Followed all steps listed in https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8357
    Deleted the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData folder

None of these steps worked.

On a side note, it would be helpful if customer support would actually read the tickets submitted (ticket #
    170515-002260). I ended up submitting a second ticket, because the first one was marked as solved after I received a reply telling me that "We unfortunately cannot guarantee the smooth running of Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited if the client is installed to an External Hard Drive." I have no idea what lead that support rep to believe that I'd attempted to install the game to an external HDD, as my ticket was a copy and paste of my original post in this thread. On the second ticket, before I got a response from them, I stated that I'd already reset my PC and network, disabled my firewall and anti-virus, and connected the modem directly to my PC. I still got a form reply telling me to allow the programs in my firewall, and forward ports, and another form reply telling me to power cycle my network. These steps were completely irrelevant to my situation, as I'd disabled the firewall, was not using my router, and had already power cycled my network, and was still getting the same issue. Then the issue was then marked as solved, even though I still cannot install the game. I honestly can't imagine the fury that would rain down on me from my boss if I replied to a client issue with a form e-mail that told them to do steps that didn't apply to their situation, and then marked the issue as solved. I'd have a lot more time to play ESO (if I could install it), that's for sure.
    Edited by TheZeroDivide on 16 May 2017 03:29
    Options
  • Arya
    Arya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u search the forums. This has happened before in the past (a few times in fact). The fix came after a ZoS mod posted in the thread to repair the launcher. That being said it seems that the fix isn't gonna happen on our end via trouble shooting. But when ZoS tell us it's fixed.
    Options
  • Omnichaos
    Omnichaos
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, fresh install on WIndows 10 64 Bit, with creators update.
    Options
  • zoneeater
    zoneeater
    Soul Shriven
    Then the issue was then marked as solved, even though I still cannot install the game. I honestly can't imagine the fury that would rain down on me from my boss if I replied to a client issue with a form e-mail that told them to do steps that didn't apply to their situation, and then marked the issue as solved. I'd have a lot more time to play ESO (if I could install it), that's for sure.

Yea that reeks of terrible management of customer service. Trying to get technician resolved to open ratios and timing higher at the cost of the customer.

But I suppose at this point we just wait.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with the Creators Update or anything, since it happens even on systems without Windows 10.

It's affecting fresh installs from scratch, not updates of existing installs. Which suggests to me that maybe one of the files they're sending to people who are fresh-installing is corrupted on their end.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • scoop9191b14_ESO
    scoop9191b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same Problem
    Options
  • Area51Visitor
    Area51Visitor
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem for me but was with the update
    Edited by Area51Visitor on 16 May 2017 05:56
    Options
  • joel.p.khan_ESO
    joel.p.khan_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue on my end. Can't believe this isn't fixed yet.
    Options
  • emptyay_ESO
    emptyay_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My buddy's been trying to get me to play this game for about three months, I finally broke down and bought it today, and convinced another friend to try it as well.

This is what we get, not exactly the amazing experience I was hoping would make me want to grab the expansion when it drops.

How this isn't a giant crisis for the ESO team, I don't know.
    Options
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    Same Problem
    Options
  • Teek
    Teek
    Same Problem here, on a fresh and clean 100% up to date Windows 10 PC.
    I get the error at arond 23% of the super slow download. Got it yesterday, could not fix it. Scratched everything today and started again, same error.
    Well.. wanted to get back into the game and throw some money at it. Guess not... :(
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    exactly the same problem here (From France/ Europe) . installing on a new PC windows 10 64bits

it seems that the 15th may a patch was released.. and i try yesterday (the 15th) night so i think i'm beta testing the patcher :)

when i check the patcher log from the diagnostic tools i found this error :

05/15/2017 21:25:12 Unable to verify zero byte file (D:\game\TESO\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\patchdata.depot\depot_-1to191.zip)
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 File validation (D:\game\TESO\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\patchdata.depot\depot_-1to191.zip) failed

05/15/2017 21:25:12 Patch Error (:1 3)
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 Phase changed from [Connect] to [Request]
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 depot_-1to: Base state changed from (Complete to Stopping)
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 http://127.0.0.1:59629/applications.js (2431): ---- The Elder Scrolls Online changing state: 1 ----
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 depot_-1to: Base state changed from (Stopping to Paused)
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 http://127.0.0.1:59629/applications.js (2031): ---- Application Error: The Elder Scrolls Online ----
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 http://127.0.0.1:59629/applications.js (2067): ---- 303: PatchError_UnzipFail ----
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 http://127.0.0.1:59629/applications.js (371): ---- canceling tasks for The Elder Scrolls Online ----
    05/15/2017 21:25:12 http://127.0.0.1:59629/applications.js (2078): ---- SENDING ERROR TO LS ----

when i check in D:\game\TESO\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\patchdata.depot
    the depot_-1to191.zip have a 0 kb size

can you tell me guys if you have the same 0kb for this file.
    i already try to reinstall/ repair etc.. not successfully.
    Hope Zenimax will investigate ASAP so we enjoy the game.

BR.
    Edited by ragus999 on 16 May 2017 09:23
    Options
  • Alekto
    Alekto
    ✭✭
    Same issue here since yesterday, and it doesn't only affect clean install but also like me that had the game installed and while updating got the same error message. In the hopes a clean install would fix the issue , i uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it , just to see its all the same. Thank you zos
    Options