Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Stuck in an "Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail", Repair, "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop

• ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Alekto wrote: »
    Same issue here since yesterday, and it doesn't only affect clean install but also like me that had the game installed and while updating got the same error message. In the hopes a clean install would fix the issue , i uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it , just to see its all the same. Thank you zos

can you check if your depot_-1to191.zip have a 0 kb size please?
    i want to open a ticket but i need to confirm i'm not the only one with this clue for them.
    thx in advance if you or anyone else can do that .

remenbering an old issue (i started the game long time ago :) ) :smile:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/139158/error-303-during-installation
    Edited by ragus999 on 16 May 2017 09:35
    Options
  • jeraldob16_ESO
    jeraldob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

seems that a lot of pepople!! experience this problem:

Its beeing discussed here aswell: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6bdds4/cant_install_the_game_15052017/

And i try to get some respsonse on twitter:
    (feel free to add some response, so maybe they "hear" us)

...the policy/community manager should be more active to communicate such important stuff. And with the upcoming addon it should be more prioritized anyway...
    Edited by jeraldob16_ESO on 16 May 2017 10:03
    PC EU - Ravenwatch - @Aremar - VON VENGERBERG
    Options
  • Liahim
    Liahim
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here. Please, help
    Options
  • Attronach
    Attronach
    ✭✭
    Same problem, fix patch server please.
    Options
  • Alekto
    Alekto
    ✭✭
    And yes Raggus99 the zip file is empty , i tried to delete the folders while updating , whenever i stopped the download and resumed it, the zip file would reappear. Not much we can do at this point, i have sent in a ticket as well , showing them the folder jeqcvpvlqimj.png
    Options
  • mart3ll
    mart3ll
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. Annoying, but relieved it's not just my machine!

Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    And yes Raggus99 the zip file is empty , i tried to delete the folders while updating , whenever i stopped the download and resumed it, the zip file would reappear. Not much we can do at this point, i have sent in a ticket as well , showing them the folder jeqcvpvlqimj.png

Thanks a lot!!
    Options
  • Maishou
    Maishou
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue. Zero-sized archive.

My guess is someone messed up in uploading the central files and they've been replicated across the entire CDN.

I'm hoping they're scrambling to re-build the archives and redistributing them asap, but a part of me truly fears that the people in charge of this have taken a few days off after what has likely been weeks of crunch time getting it ready to ship.
    Options
  • jeraldob16_ESO
    jeraldob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maishou wrote: »
    Same issue. Zero-sized archive.

My guess is someone messed up in uploading the central files and they've been replicated across the entire CDN.

I'm hoping they're scrambling to re-build the archives and redistributing them asap, but a part of me truly fears that the people in charge of this have taken a few days off after what has likely been weeks of crunch time getting it ready to ship.

jeah, they need to fix this server side. Is there any way that someone, from the officials, are reading this to be aware of?

As i wrote, i try to get a response via twitter:
    Edited by jeraldob16_ESO on 16 May 2017 10:37
    PC EU - Ravenwatch - @Aremar - VON VENGERBERG
    Options
  • Huskier
    Huskier
    This is getting annoying, hope they fix this really soon.
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate doing this but @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are you people aware of this issue?
    Edited by Maotti on 16 May 2017 10:42
    PC EU
    Options
  • Teek
    Teek
    ragus999 wrote: »

Thanks a lot!!

confirmed: Zero size depot
    can't open it, can't unzip it, it's empty and broken.

An answer would at least be nice... seriously, customer support???

Options
  • Alekto
    Alekto
    ✭✭
    The only way i see we could fix this, is actually get someone that was successful in downloading the new patch, that person would need to upload the updated launcher file to google docs ( if this is possible) and then give the link to share , so that all the people with issues could download it from there and then replace the folder with the working one.
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    The only way i see we could fix this, is actually get someone that was successful in downloading the new patch, that person would need to upload the updated launcher file to google docs ( if this is possible) and then give the link to share , so that all the people with issues could download it from there and then replace the folder with the working one.

Not sure about that.
    If it is linked to the 15th May maintenance the repos file are broken and only Zenimax can do from server side. And anyone since yesterday will never succeed to install from scratch.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and someone will find a workaround. ;-)

Options
  • TheZeroDivide
    TheZeroDivide
    Soul Shriven
    [can you check if your depot_-1to191.zip have a 0 kb size please?
    i want to open a ticket but i need to confirm i'm not the only one with this clue for them.

remenbering an old issue (i started the game long time ago :) ) :smile:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/139158/error-303-during-installation

Yep. 0 kb file size on that file.
    Options
  • rakista_ESO
    Sadness, no solution :(
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here on a brand new high end machine.
    And WOW! a day goes by and not even a peep from a ZOS rep.
    They really make you feel like a valued customer don't they ?
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »
    Same issue here on a brand new high end machine.
    And WOW! a day goes by and not even a peep from a ZOS rep.
    They really make you feel like a valued customer don't they ?

Glad i'm not alone in having a new PC and giving ESO once again a chance, but no dice. :neutral: Guess they don't want people playing their game. :neutral:
    Edited by Maotti on 16 May 2017 13:18
    PC EU
    Options
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    They forwarded me to a "specialized team" that literally asked me to do the same stuff that I already did with the earlier troubleshooting. I asked them to forward the ticket and the forum discussion to someone that can actually look at the installation files they're sending out.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
    Options
  • Teek
    Teek
    well, I really feel like a "valued customer" here. They already have my money so what do they care... :/
    At least some sort of community guy posting a short answer in here would have been nice, but nope, not even that.
    Looking forward to get your new expansion... NOT
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    cellobuddy wrote: »
    They forwarded me to a "specialized team" that literally asked me to do the same stuff that I already did with the earlier troubleshooting. I asked them to forward the ticket and the forum discussion to someone that can actually look at the installation files they're sending out.

thx for the update.
    hope to have good news soon from ZOS. :)
    Options
  • theesh
    theesh
    Soul Shriven
    Well, this issue has exploded since it was started yesterday. Still no luck on my end. I hope it gets some official attention today. as it seems that is the only way this will be solved.
    Options
  • Kaanha
    Kaanha
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here since yesterday, and it doesn't only affect clean install but also like me that had the game installed and while updating got the same error message. In the hopes a clean install would fix the issue , i uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it , just to see its all the same. Thank you zos

I tried posting about this yesterday, but I had to wait for an invitation code which I literally JUST got. I definitely has to do with the depot file, it's at 0 KB and it's causing the patcher to error out and down right crash when you try to repair. It would appear that the full game isn't downloading, for whatever reason. It happened on my new desktop and on my wife's laptop (both fresh installs).

I have put in a support ticket, but as of yet haven't received any feedback on it. I guess it's now a waiting game...considering I just purchased the game yesterday and was really looking forward to playing it with my wife and then this....not a good first impression in the least.
    Options
  • SlarioJaegerjaquez
    SlarioJaegerjaquez
    Soul Shriven
    And the best thing is, when you play in germany you don't even get any support at all. There are no freaking Information on this part, and most of the threads in the german forum don't even get any attention from the company.

This sucks so much, no official information, nothing. I really wanted to play this game but nothing happens and i just can't play it at all. Gotta throw it away.
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Kaanha wrote: »

I tried posting about this yesterday, but I had to wait for an invitation code which I literally JUST got. I definitely has to do with the depot file, it's at 0 KB and it's causing the patcher to error out and down right crash when you try to repair. It would appear that the full game isn't downloading, for whatever reason. It happened on my new desktop and on my wife's laptop (both fresh installs).

I have put in a support ticket, but as of yet haven't received any feedback on it. I guess it's now a waiting game...considering I just purchased the game yesterday and was really looking forward to playing it with my wife and then this....not a good first impression in the least.

Yes really i think so.
    i checked the log file after a second try same error. when i deleted this file , the repair use the nformation from the manifesto so recreate this empty file (too bad ) ...only ZOS can do something now..
    i'm waiting too :) Want to test the game before preorder morrowiind.... not a good feeling for returning customer or new customer.. but everyone can do mistake...

thanks for your support ticket. let us know if you have some new info please.. ^^
    Options
  • skul
    skul
    Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail same here from France
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is ZOS as usual.
    A major issue affecting many many people.
    In fact, it looks like no one has been able to do a fresh install of the game since yesterday.
    The 1st thread in the PC Tech Support forum.
    Yet over a day goes by and they do not even care enough to post an acknowledgement of the issue or try to help in any way at all.
    They've had your cash, now you are just an annoyance to them. Let's see how long it is before they post/acknowledge or even say anything.
    And you can bet their response will be "no ETA."
    Edited by bunnytrix on 16 May 2017 14:42
    Options
  • Bravesteel
    Chiming in here, just got my confirmation code for my forum account. I purchased the standard edition yesterday and spent all evening (my free time) trying to resolve this issue. Having the exact same problems as everyone else, and I am on a Windows 10 PC, even though we are all sure it is an installer files problem. Very frustrated with this!
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having this issue too after trying to reinstall ESO to fix some other issues I was having with the game...now the game won't even install, lol.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    if the studio is in rockville or anywhere in usa it 's only morning there...
    i hope we have an answer/information in few hours now...
    Options