Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Stuck in an "Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail", Repair, "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop

• deathbyscrandy
    deathbyscrandy
    Soul Shriven
    Don't want to pay $29.99 after buying it from the elder scrolls website. To me that's not an ok fix. They need to fix this for there new players and existing players who get new computer etc. They claim everyday on social media to come and join the fight and adventure but yet is a complete laugh considering they cannot download the game after purchase. ZOS hopefully see that this is only hurting there already rocky reputation. Whether steam will refund it or not that isn't acceptaple for some people. Just curious if you have gold edition and download the regular through steam will that affect you? I'm still new to eso so idk if gold is even considered a thing now since subscriptions exist.
    Options
  • Shock_ESOGE
    Shock_ESOGE
    Soul Shriven
    For the steam method, does it work for the gold edition aswell?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we're still verifying that the fix has solved the issue for everyone, but in the meantime, you can launch the patcher and try installing the game now if you'd like to try.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • j.f.bergsma.jbb16_ESO
    j.f.bergsma.jbb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Trying
    Options
  • joypunk
    joypunk
    ✭✭
    Hey all, we're still verifying that the fix has solved the issue for everyone, but in the meantime, you can launch the patcher and try installing the game now if you'd like to try.

Just tried, still getting Error 303.

Edit: To add to that, if I try to repair after getting the error I get a popup error:

Internal error...
    ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0) (..\..\..\..\shared\unzipper.c/836)
    Edited by joypunk on 17 May 2017 19:41
    Options
  • ieatheworld
    ieatheworld
    Soul Shriven

No it does not work
    Options
  • Rahl_WarWizard
    Rahl_WarWizard
    Soul Shriven

No, It still does not work. Same "Error 303" and "Abort: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, working out the kinks now. Stand by...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Rahl_WarWizard
    Rahl_WarWizard
    Soul Shriven

Thanks for the prompt response Gina! Most of us that are affected by this install issue were frustrated by the lack of communication from ZOS during the first 36 hours of the event. ZOS communications (from you) have been much more frequent since then. Thank you! Obviously, no one likes to experience a bug like this but it's going to happen with a 87 GB MMORPG game like ESO with constant maintenance and patching.

Question: for those of us who are ESO plus members, are we going to get these days lost added back to our accounts?
    Options
  • ItachiUchia
    ItachiUchia
    Soul Shriven
    so can we download now?
    Options
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting HTTP request failed at 25% on 0.14 MB remaining on the last patch on PC-EU.
    Edited by techprince on 17 May 2017 20:19
    Options
  • Bravesteel
    Question: for those of us who are paying customers (i.e. all of us affected), how are we going to be compensated for this company-side, game-breaking, error?

Fixed that for you. ;)

I completely agree that Gina has been doing a great job communicating with all of us since her first reply to this thread.

Edited by Bravesteel on 17 May 2017 20:20
    Options
  • Bravesteel
    oops double post.
    Edited by Bravesteel on 17 May 2017 20:18
    Options
  • asterixchaos
    asterixchaos
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding a +1 here. Just had to rebuild my computer, attempts to install lead to the same error. Currently doing the Steam download, transfer method, and at 45% completion.
    Arivanya Vraseth - Shady Altmer Noble Sorceress
    Dhalia - Bosmer Thief
    Lalolil Ozilamya - Imperial Bard and Secret Werewolf
    Prikaza Pumonca - Khajiit Thief/Assassin
    PC/NA
    Options
  • zoneeater
    zoneeater
    Soul Shriven
    torrent posted above worked flawlessly for me.
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaniGod wrote: »
    Acht88 wrote: »
    Holy ***! I was already kicked out of one trading Guild.
    ZOS. You can influence to get me back? I think not... or maybe you will increase the number of participants is more than 500? I think not...

You can also implement a temporary solution! Just make a torrent with the latest version of the game
    Probably by Monday I'll be expelled from the other trade guilds.........

My friends wanted to come back to ESO yesterday and they had the same problem as you guys. I was wondering if I should create an FTP server and let them to download my ESO folder, but creating a torrent is a much better idea, thank you for it.
    I've created a torrent with my working ESO folder, if anyone needs it:
    ESO.torrent

I'm sharing it, as I can see, that a lot of ppl needs help at the moment, OFC I will delete it as soon as ESO is available for downloading again!

Was thinking of doing the same for a friend of mine. Downloaded this one too to help some people out.

EDIT: Seems like there are a bunch of leechers on this.
    Edited by ishilb14_ESO on 17 May 2017 21:23
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
  • zegla
    zegla
    Soul Shriven
    hoping this is resolved soon. i picked a bad time to want to get back into ESO i guess haha just my luck
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalzzifer wrote: »
    what I have to do with the torrent to get it fixed (sry I am not very familair with programming, etc)

just copy into "depot"?

You need to download utorrent or any torrent client, and open the torrent file with that. Then the files (after downloading) should be placed in your /Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/ folder which the launcher should have made.

If you are not using a mac, don't download the files in the mac folder

for the "vo" files, pick the language that you're using, e.g. en, de, or fr

If everything I said sounds like gibberish, then just wait for ZOS to fix their ***
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Downloading the torrent now!
    PC EU
    Options
  • Slane
    Slane
    finished the torrent will seed as long as I can tonight and will seed again tomorrow. Gave it a quick test and game works fine :D Thank you.

Still amazed that the community can have fixes and solutions faster than the the game devs ......

Why haven't zenimax not got a direct download for these files with instructions to manually install them ..... it has been days for this issue.
    Options
  • Rahl_WarWizard
    Rahl_WarWizard
    Soul Shriven
    Bravesteel wrote: »
    Question: for those of us who are paying customers (i.e. all of us affected), how are we going to be compensated for this company-side, game-breaking, error?

Fixed that for you. ;)

I completely agree that Gina has been doing a great job communicating with all of us since her first reply to this thread.

Excellent! Thanks Bravesteel! And thanks to everyone else for your input! It drives me crazy that issue has continued popping up since launch in April 2014.
    Options
  • ktjo31
    ktjo31
    Welp.... I tried downloading, was worried it was something wrong with my PC... I'll take this as a sign to not get back into ESO... All my guilds I am sure deleted me since I couldnt download and get on within their time limit of inactivity after my uninstall to move to my HDD (ssd was close to full ) Zenimax you do realize how much potential money u have probably missed out on with ALL THESE ISSUES. I don't think I have ever played ESO and there not be some sort of issue plaguing people.. it's sad bc I had fun with it, but it's getting too old. It's always something. I've spent so much in this game. Won't be purchasing Morrowind and won't be spending anymore money or renewing my membership. Why pay 15 a month for problems and probably the worse customer support I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!
    Options
  • Alekto
    Alekto
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to thank you again Dani, it worked out perfectly with the torrent ! i am back in game
    Options
  • RobManX
    RobManX
    Soul Shriven
    Commenting because I am having the same issue.

I have ESO on PC & PS4. I've been playing ESO on PS4 longer than PC but I wanted to come back to check out updates!

I try to update my client and I get this error. I thought there was something wrong with the memory of my PC before I started reading forum links.

I'll be waiting patiently for a fix!
    Options
  • Celurian
    Celurian
    ✭✭✭

Are you *** kidding me at this point?
    You can't believe how *** mad i am right now.
    How many people are working on this right now? One part-time-employe?

It's ridiculous that people need to come up with a frikking torrent to make the game work. I was about to come back to the game to start anew and give it a chance once again but after full 3 days of waiting i guess you just dont want my money nor the game to succeed.

I will delete the game and spend the money for something else. Bye.
    Edited by Celurian on 17 May 2017 22:37
    Options
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    can someone post the steps for the torrent?

I keep looping around with the same errors. How many players have this issue? I'm thinking this may never get fixed. If not will we get refunds on our Morrowind Collection Edition purchase?
    Options
  • RobManX
    RobManX
    Soul Shriven
    Celurian wrote: »

Are you *** kidding me at this point?
    You can't believe how *** mad i am right now.
    How many people are working on this right now? One part-time-employe?

It's ridiculous that people need to come up with a frikking torrent to make the game work. I was about to come back to the game to start anew and give it a chance once again but after full 3 days of waiting i guess you just dont want my money nor the game to succeed.

I will delete the game and spend the money for something else. Bye.

He didn't "Come" up with the torrent client. All he did was allow you to download his version of the game.

Our problem here is we cannot update the game to the latest version from our current version of the game.

The user who posted the torrent has the latest version of the game.
    Options
  • Kalzzifer
    Kalzzifer
    Arya wrote: »
    Steam Method confirmed on both PC and Mac.

1. Download ESO Launcher via ESO Accounts website
    2. Download Steam via Steam website
    3. Purchase ESO $29.99 through Steam
    4. Install ESO through Steam
    5. After Download-->Right Click ESO in Steam Games Library and click Properties --> Show Game in Local Files
    6. Drag and REPLACE "The Elder Scrolls Online " Folder from Steam Local Files into "Zenimax Online" Folder from ESO Launcher
    7. Launch the ESO Launcher and it will self-patch
    8. Refund ESO from Steam and Uninstall Steam

gg

but then I spend 30 $/€ again, or do I get my money back?, ah utorrent got already 7%!!!!!
    Options
  • Kalzzifer
    Kalzzifer

I dont know if I like to try
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalzzifer wrote: »
    Arya wrote: »
    Steam Method confirmed on both PC and Mac.

1. Download ESO Launcher via ESO Accounts website
    2. Download Steam via Steam website
    3. Purchase ESO $29.99 through Steam
    4. Install ESO through Steam
    5. After Download-->Right Click ESO in Steam Games Library and click Properties --> Show Game in Local Files
    6. Drag and REPLACE "The Elder Scrolls Online " Folder from Steam Local Files into "Zenimax Online" Folder from ESO Launcher
    7. Launch the ESO Launcher and it will self-patch
    8. Refund ESO from Steam and Uninstall Steam

gg

but then I spend 30 $/€ again, or do I get my money back?, ah utorrent got already 7%!!!!!

Some of us are trying to help you guys out, but there are 17 of us seeding and almost 500 people downloading right now, would really be nice if fewer people would leech.
    Edited by ishilb14_ESO on 17 May 2017 23:28
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options