The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in an "Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail", Repair, "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop

• Moushen
    Moushen
    ✭✭✭
    I tried copying my PTS files/folders in the base game and running a repair with the launcher, but that didn't work.
    Can someone please helpo me with this file that Dani posted.

You need a bittorrent client to use the file.

Options
  • Sevci
    Sevci
    Soul Shriven
    @deathbyscrandy

1. You have to download the file from DaniGod on Mega
    2. Download a free torrent-program like "qTorrent"
    3. Open the Eso.torrent file with your downloaded torrent-program
    4. Wait for your download to be complete

greets
    Options
  • Zalandra
    Zalandra
    Soul Shriven
    There's some irony that a ZoS admin posts -after- someone puts up a torrent link.

That said, by some small chance, if one of you admins happens to read this.
    Take a page from blizzards book...post more updates...even if its a simple "We're still working on it."

That is better than community silence.
    Also update your freakin' page so people actually -know- there's a problem.

Also to the person who said they're becoming EA.... EA's MMO's actually work.
    They're worse than EA. A feat I never thought possible.
    Options
  • Kalzzifer
    Kalzzifer
    k12uxfzgloqx.jpg

Edited by Kalzzifer on 17 May 2017 14:49
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Can someone please helpo me with this file that Dani posted. It took me to mega sync and i have tried downloading the file but i keep getting a Blank page in the folder and i made the mistake of opening it with notepad and now it feels like i have hit a brick wall and i cannot get past this. I dont know how to get the actual folder and i cannot find anything on the internet to help me. I have been very frustrated with this whole deal and cannot belive ZENIMAX is letting it go probably a week now to get fixed. I have been waiting my only 2 days off for a forum key and here it is 1 hour before going back to work for 6 12 hour shifts before im off again and this has completely ruined my week. Would be amazing if someone could tell me the correct torrent to download or how to fix my problem so i to can play at least when i get off this week if i can figure the download out now.

if you don't know torrent file usage i can write a message about that. tell us if you still need help.

FYI : i have not test the Dani files on my pc to see if it is a workaround . I want to believe :)
    Options
  • deathbyscrandy
    deathbyscrandy
    Soul Shriven
    ragus999 wrote: »
    Can someone please helpo me with this file that Dani posted. It took me to mega sync and i have tried downloading the file but i keep getting a Blank page in the folder and i made the mistake of opening it with notepad and now it feels like i have hit a brick wall and i cannot get past this. I dont know how to get the actual folder and i cannot find anything on the internet to help me. I have been very frustrated with this whole deal and cannot belive ZENIMAX is letting it go probably a week now to get fixed. I have been waiting my only 2 days off for a forum key and here it is 1 hour before going back to work for 6 12 hour shifts before im off again and this has completely ruined my week. Would be amazing if someone could tell me the correct torrent to download or how to fix my problem so i to can play at least when i get off this week if i can figure the download out now.

if you don't know torrent file usage i can write a message about that. tell us if you still need help.

FYI : i have not test the Dani files on my pc to see if it is a workaround . I want to believe :)

It keeps immediately saving the file as a "notepad" file this is so frustrating man :/ i am very sorry guys to those of you who see this as extremely easy.... if it downloads as a notepad file can the torrent i download still get the files???
    Options
  • deathbyscrandy
    deathbyscrandy
    Soul Shriven
    Ok Guys i got utorrent and i have successfully started the file download to that and it seems to be working because the file is huge. 67g or something omg thank you so much everyone and especially @DaniGod i hope this works. I am guessing this is kinda like downloading the game but just copying his file folder? i am little confused as to how this will bypass but FINGERS CROSSED!!!
    Options
  • Slane
    Slane
    It keeps immediately saving the file as a "notepad" file this is so frustrating man :/ i am very sorry guys to those of you who see this as extremely easy.... if it downloads as a notepad file can the torrent i download still get the files???

it is possible that is just file assosate as a notepad file but is still a torrent file, does the file end with .torrent (you might have to enable view file extenstion to check).

I would recommend you get a torrent software like qtorrent, utorrent etc then drag the file into the torrent software rather than trying to open it.
    Options
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Ok Guys i got utorrent and i have successfully started the file download to that and it seems to be working because the file is huge. 67g or something omg thank you so much everyone and especially @DaniGod i hope this works. I am guessing this is kinda like downloading the game but just copying his file folder? i am little confused as to how this will bypass but FINGERS CROSSED!!!

if the download still continue like that i could test it in few hours...
    keep you posted here and i will post an howto :smiley:
    my finger is crossed since some day ^^ hurt a little ;)
    Options
  • Bravesteel
    DaniGod, you are awesome. I am downloading now, and I have increased my upload rate to help out. I hope this works. I'll be busy most of this evening, but it would be great to come home and play the game that I purchased.
    Options
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many people have this bug? I uninstalled before reading forums. Still getting the same 303 message.
    Options
  • TaylorRay
    TaylorRay
    The other option to get the files is to buy the game on steam, download it, transfer the files over to the default game folder and then refund your steam game. This has been confirmed to work by two people in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6bdds4/cant_install_the_game_15052017/

I am currently downloading on steam. I will update as to whether it worked for me when complete. This may download faster than the torrent mentioned by Dani, but thanks for giving us that option!
    Options
  • j.f.bergsma.jbb16_ESO
    j.f.bergsma.jbb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Downloading this torrent with a max of 500 kB/s is not really helping, although I really appreciate the effort!
    Let's hope the fix from Zenimax is coming out soon.
    Options
  • Ravendusk
    Ravendusk
    Soul Shriven
    is anyone succesful logging into the game by downloading ESO through the seeded torrent ?
    Options
  • Kalzzifer
    Kalzzifer
    I download it too now by utorrent, but why should I buy the game again on steam just do download it again and perhaps it will installing properly.
    and yes ZOS is incompetent but this infomation, which is obvious doesnt help me here :)

another tip for ZOS is : maybe next time you should split the 40 MB download into 2 patches huehuehue
    Options
  • TaylorRay
    TaylorRay
    Kalzzifer wrote: »
    I download it too now by utorrent, but why should I buy the game again on steam just do download it again and perhaps it will installing properly.
    and yes ZOS is incompetent but this infomation, which is obvious doesnt help me here :)

another tip for ZOS is : maybe next time you should split the 40 MB download into 2 patches huehuehue

Yes I agree this is a sub-optimal workaround, but if you just refund your purchase through steam within the 2 day refund period you wont have to pay any more money. And I am getting 3.5Mb/s download speeds which will be much better than the torrent
    Options
  • SlarioJaegerjaquez
    SlarioJaegerjaquez
    Soul Shriven
    The german Forums don't even have the information you guys have here. Since Zenimax is a bunch of *** that can't even operate on 2 Languages.
    Options
  • rakista_ESO
    SWTOR runs the same installer, it is a 3rd party installer, and it is terrible.
    Options
  • TaylorRay
    TaylorRay
    Can officially confirm downloading through steam and transferring the files to the file path where you installed the game does work! Back to playing the game
    Options
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    Downloaded the torrent. went to the game. I'll stay as long as possible on the torrent distribution. After all, I'm always happy to help each player TESO

Unlike, you know who... Damn bureaucrats. ZZZoo........

Excuse me. TESO is a great game, I played already more than 3.5 thousand hours. But all of your technical support sucks.
    And the saddest thing about this story is that it's true(((

You even the answer can not give in a timely manner. Where you there quickly to correct the error.... For 3 years that I play TESO, it has always been.
    Edited by Acht88 on 17 May 2017 17:52
    Options
  • DaniGod
    DaniGod
    Soul Shriven
    Acht88 wrote: »
    Downloaded the torrent. went to the game. I'll stay as long as possible on the torrent distribution. After all, I'm always happy to help each player TESO

Thank you for seeding and for reporting back it's working! :smile:
    Options
  • Bravesteel

Good man. So should we install the launcher and then place the files in the Elder Scrolls folder?
    Options
  • TaylorRay
    TaylorRay
    Bravesteel wrote: »

Good man. So should we install the launcher and then place the files in the Elder Scrolls folder?

Yes
    Options
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    Bravesteel wrote: »

Yep!
    Options
  • Bravesteel
    Rock and roll! Thanks. I'll be sure to post once I am able to get it running tonight.
    Options
  • OrdinatorInMourning
    I see that most of posters had this issue while they tried to download the game. And, as I understand, they fixed it by downloading a torrent (thanks to user who solved this problem). But is anyone here who can't download new patch and have the same error? We need to download game once more or wait for ZoS answer?
    P.S. I'm afraid I'll be kick from my trading guilds :(
    PC/EU.
    Options
  • ieatheworld
    ieatheworld
    Soul Shriven
    Downloading the torrent 23.4 done 44.4 to go :'(
    Options
  • thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem last fall when I was thinking about getting back into the game after a year. After 2 days of fiddling with it I gave up. Was going to start playing again for Morrowind, and what do you know 6mo later still having the same problem when I try to download the game. Hope they get it fixed soon or they are going to lose me again.
    Edited by thorntk421 on 17 May 2017 19:07
    Options
  • Arya
    Arya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam Method confirmed on both PC and Mac.

1. Download ESO Launcher via ESO Accounts website
    2. Download Steam via Steam website
    3. Purchase ESO $29.99 through Steam
    4. Install ESO through Steam
    5. After Download-->Right Click ESO in Steam Games Library and click Properties --> Show Game in Local Files
    6. Drag and REPLACE "The Elder Scrolls Online " Folder from Steam Local Files into "Zenimax Online" Folder from ESO Launcher
    7. Launch the ESO Launcher and it will self-patch
    8. Refund ESO from Steam and Uninstall Steam

gg
    Options