ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• xlemonlaw
    xlemonlaw
    When can we se the imperial city being fully implemented in the game?
    Options
  • goldin88
    goldin88
    Soul Shriven
    Can some one please tell me what a " dee tick" is?
    After we capture a resource or keep some players say im waitng for the tick.

its probably a "Def Tick" as in Defence Tick which you get after successfully defending a keep. the more players it takes to defend a keep, the lower the amount of AP you get for defending it.
    Officer - Magikal
    Goldin - Imperial - DK - Tank - Master Crafter - All Equipment & Consumables
    Goldi-Locks - Khajiit - NB - DPS
    Goldi G - Breton - Templar - Healer
    Options
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I've been a subscriber since launch and will coping over to PS4. What device will my ESO Plus membership be associated with, PC or PS4? Will I have to buy 2 separate ESO accounts?
    ESO Plus will stay with PC and you'll have to buy another ESO Plus to use it on PS4.

Can I ask where this was stated. I just bought the $20 transfer and neither the original mail saying you have 30 days to purchase the transfer or the receipt said anything about having to buy another ESO Plus. Not a big thing, I have two accounts now and both are ESO Plus Imperial editions. Just curious where I missed this notification.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    Caroloces wrote: »
    I'm puzzled . . . . .?

Whatever happened to the Armchair Developer idea? That thread was initiated by ZOS prior to the last ESO live event, and yet it did not appear as a segment in that show. I thought, Oh OK, they're not prepared. It will surely be in the next ESO live event. Yet, in going over the scheduled segments, there's no mention of it. What gives? It's a fantastic idea for players and Devs to dream big, imaginative possibilities for the game in concert with no obligation for zos to implement the ideas. Though I do believe it could be a catalyst for some remarkable developments that might not occur otherwise.

Please don't let this idea wither on the vine.
    Maybe too many people asked for bug fixes instead of new features?

I'm thinking it takes maybe a bit of research. The solutions- if they're going to give us more than pithy answers- take some time to look into what they would require.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a subscriber since launch and will coping over to PS4. What device will my ESO Plus membership be associated with, PC or PS4? Will I have to buy 2 separate ESO accounts?
    ESO Plus will stay with PC and you'll have to buy another ESO Plus to use it on PS4.
    Can I ask where this was stated. I just bought the $20 transfer and neither the original mail saying you have 30 days to purchase the transfer or the receipt said anything about having to buy another ESO Plus. Not a big thing, I have two accounts now and both are ESO Plus Imperial editions. Just curious where I missed this notification.
    I don't believe it was directly stated, rather it was something inferred from the following:
    • In order to play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on both PC/Mac and console, players will need to have separate accounts for each platform of their choice [link]
    • Players will need separate ESO Plus memberships for PC/Mac and console [link]
    • From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate [link]
    • Crowns will not carry over from PC/Mac accounts to console accounts as part of the transfer [link]
    Inferences:
    1 and 2 state that PC/Mac and console accounts and their associated ESO Plus memberships are completely separate
    3 states that PC will remain "as is", inferring that ESO Plus will not be removed from it
    4 states that Crowns, which are bound to the account like ESO Plus membership, will not be transferring

If Crowns and/or ESO Plus membership were copied, you'd have paid only once and ended up with two instances of the purchase. If ESO Plus membership was moved from PC to console, it would be inconsistent with not moving the Crowns and would not leave the PC account "as is".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it was directly stated, rather it was something inferred from the following:
    • In order to play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on both PC/Mac and console, players will need to have separate accounts for each platform of their choice [link]
    • Players will need separate ESO Plus memberships for PC/Mac and console [link]
    • From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate [link]
    • Crowns will not carry over from PC/Mac accounts to console accounts as part of the transfer [link]
    Inferences:
    1 and 2 state that PC/Mac and console accounts and their associated ESO Plus memberships are completely separate
    3 states that PC will remain "as is", inferring that ESO Plus will not be removed from it
    4 states that Crowns, which are bound to the account like ESO Plus membership, will not be transferring

If Crowns and/or ESO Plus membership were copied, you'd have paid only once and ended up with two instances of the purchase. If ESO Plus membership was moved from PC to console, it would be inconsistent with not moving the Crowns and would not leave the PC account "as is".

Ok thanks Enodoc. I didn't see those. That's what I get for spending more time in the game and less on the forums :) .I think a "Please be aware" notice in the email to purchase the transfer would have been nice.

Thanks for responding.
    Options
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how do you handle the constant mood swings of the forum community here? Do you sometimes have to do some meditation to keep your head clear?
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can the Devs justify adding a LOS check to one class casted ability and not add it to all class and weapon casted abilities. This is unfair to the Templars.

Templar •Dawn’s Wrath •Radiant Destruction: This ability now cancels if the enemy moves out of your line of sight.

Can you elaborate on when this LOS check will become standard practice for all abilities.
    Options
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the rationale behind so little XP in Craglorn. Both questing and mobs. Its so difficult to get a group going as it is and the rewards are so bad. People just dont do it. Its sad cause its probably the best zone with the most interesting quests in the game.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Update 7 is indeed the console release scheduled for June 9, when can we expect to see it on the PTS? Update 6 was on the PTS for about 5 weeks before it was released to the live server. Also, will there be anything in it for PC players or is it simply the console release only?
    Options
  • Mackshadow
    Mackshadow
    ✭✭
    Hello i have a question or suggestion.

*There is the Hide Helm option in the Game settings, can there be en Option or sub option for Bound Armor in the Deadric Summoning tree on the Sorcerer class to hide the visual or something along that line? I use that ability often and i also like that style gear i wear and was wondering if there can be a option to hide it?

Thank you
    Mackshadow
    Options
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    why were all the rare and super-rare motifs added to the crown store? That breaks your promise not to make it pay to win...
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
    Options
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motifs are purely cosmetic, I can't see how this would be classified as 'Pay to Win' other than how they look.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    The motifs are purely cosmetic, I can't see how this would be classified as 'Pay to Win' other than how they look.

Try being a crafter when part of your appeal to your customers is that you have access to the crafts/traits/rare motifs that they want... and then, after having spent several months getting to that point, you find out that the motifs are about to become a whole lot less rare.

Yeah. Fun times.
    Edited by Iluvrien on 14 April 2015 04:00
    Options
  • Revenant_Spartan
    Revenant_Spartan
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of getting directional animations for non combat movement with back-pedaling and strafing? (instead of your character changing facing)

Also, what are the chances of implementing full body awareness for 1st person like in Destiny? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKkmdQt68A

How about fangs and khajiit style claws for vampires?

How about displaying the sheathed weapons for both weapon sets at the same time? Would love to seem a little more armed to the teeth.

Any chance of cosmetic back-packs?
    Edited by Revenant_Spartan on 14 April 2015 05:44
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please explain your rational thought process for putting rare, supposedly special items in Crown Store? Why? This is walking a fine line. Very disappointed...
    PLEASE! Address this. Are you going P2W as this looks like the start of it..
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please explain your rational thought process for putting rare, supposedly special items in Crown Store? Why? This is walking a fine line. Very disappointed...

It has no impact on competitive content like trials times or survivability in PvP. It isn't pay to win.

If you view ESO as a economic simulation game, then accept that economies change all the time as certain industries become irrelevant. As certain products become commodities, companies find different differentiators or shift to different services. Anyway, what really matters in gear crafting is the research.

And is crafting of gear for sale the biggest impact of motifs, or is the selling of motif books itself the largest economic impact of motifs?
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on 14 April 2015 06:42
    Options
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Try being a crafter when part of your appeal to your customers is that you have access to the crafts/traits/rare motifs that they want... and then, after having spent several months getting to that point, you find out that the motifs are about to become a whole lot less rare.

Yeah. Fun times.

I guess I understand from your point of view.

As for me... I don't consider the motifs as 'pay to win' items, at least in my definition. However, it'll have some sort of effect economy wise. How much the economy would be affected by this? I don't know right now.
    Edited by Kikazaru on 14 April 2015 08:19
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok, REALLY simple question:

What was the thinking of taking an incredibly unique item like the Dwemer Book and selling it?You have just removed a part of the game that many people enjoyed.

I know this will never be asked - but it would be nice as you did seem to pick up that maybe you should comment on the whole AH Debate.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Just a question. I'm not planning on buying motifs with crowns, I'll find them eventually.

When you look at the motifs in the crown store it says, for example, Daedric Motif.But when you mouse over them it says Daedric Motifs. So is it Motif or Motifs , has anyone bought any ?.
    Options
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    Hey guys and thanks for this cool idea of making ESO live.
    I'm just wondering if you could some day add a possibility to turn of the xp-boost which is added with ESO plus membership... or is it possible now and I just haven't found the way to do it.
    It's just that I myself try to do at least most of the quests in each areas(love those stories in most of them in ESO, by the way).
    Maybe it's just me but I just find myself leveling up bit too fast even in vr:s now.
    Options
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    grimsfield wrote: »
    -When are houses coming?

-Whats going on with storage space?

-Are you guys actively trying to fix the loading screen issues? Will you acknowledge them as more than just the result of players using addons?

I'm also interested to hear about the player housing issue. Will it come someday? There was some talk about it in early ESO days but since it haven't heard any news about it. So, is it in plans or buried in Sovngard already :)
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

It has no impact on competitive content like trials times or survivability in PvP. It isn't pay to win.

If you view ESO as a economic simulation game, then accept that economies change all the time as certain industries become irrelevant. As certain products become commodities, companies find different differentiators or shift to different services. Anyway, what really matters in gear crafting is the research.

And is crafting of gear for sale the biggest impact of motifs, or is the selling of motif books itself the largest economic impact of motifs?

I do understand that economic changes are going to happen. I myself am over 40 and and have a business, and yes, this will not be the "Great Economy Fall" or affect market majorly. What is wrong is Zos made the economic change happen, it did not happen naturally as in a "real" economy situation. ( Yes, I know it is a game). I have seen market changes in ESO and they happen. A lot. But they were not forced. This was.
    Second is the principle of the matter, the heart of this "MotifGate". Taking something rare and special and making it not rare and special. Period. By taking a feeling of accomplishment and hard work away from the base player who supported this game, with money, sweat and bloody fingers, from before day 1, to cater to a demi-graphics that doesn't appreciate the joy of growing a character by playing. M'aiq would say: Tamriel is sad. That is bad thing...Like mudcrabs...Bad things"
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Randomchaos
    Randomchaos
    ✭✭
    My question is
    Do you guys plan on bringing in some sort of micro transaction or crown purchase to reveal all lore books and sky shards on consoles seeing as they can't run add ons
    They are the only two add ons I have and have found it really helps me explore or in some cases find quests that I have over looked
    many times I found my self thinking a area was clear only to go shard/book hunting and all of a sudden it was like the area wasn't complete at all lol
    Thanks and really hope this question makes it to the show regardless of answer

Edited by Randomchaos on 19 April 2015 09:33
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    I have to ask my first ever questions. Will you guys make a Daedroth pet and a summoning feature like I was able to do in Morrowind and Oblivion? Also I would love to see shirts and a plushy Daedroths... Daedroths need to be a bigger part of this game!!! I am willing to spend major money for this to happen.... Daedroths Daedroths Daedroths rule!!!!!!!
    Edited by Argoniawind on 15 April 2015 11:53
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
    Options
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A question for the pet and mount collectors. The collection screen where your pets and mounts etc go has 12 boxes showing for each set. If you buy more than 12 say pets do the boxes expand or does it tell you that you can't buy anymore. I want to get what I can before the console copy.
    Options
  • KrisButtar
    KrisButtar
    ✭✭✭
    Will the PS4 version support Keyboard and Mouse
    Options
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Since I paid $20 for the account transfer to PS4, will I get automatic access to the console beta?
    PC/NA
    Options
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Ask Us Anything for ESO Live: 4/10

nightwalkerrobin_ESO – Ever consider combat pets for ALL CLASSES, not just sorcs?
    It’s a fun idea, but we also want classes to remain unique and different. The Nightblade has Shadow Image which is special because it can’t be attacked. Summoned pets that last until killed is a cool mechanic that only Sorcerers have access to. If we did add pets for other classes it would probably be something everyone had access to, and we would want their gameplay to be distinct from Sorcerer and Nightblade pets.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey and @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for answering my question. I started this game under the impression that combat pets would be available for ALL CLASSES as per a Dev at one of the gaming conventions (sorry I cannot find the reference). So I have been patiently waiting and as per your answer it has been dropped. I do have a Sorc but I don't want Daedra combat pets, I want to choose either a cat, wolf, snake, spider, etc... I also don't really care for the Sorc class skill play style. I cannot play the way I want to play because it is not offered.

The mechanics are already in the game: The Sorcerer has combat pets, and other quests where you get a temporarily assigned combat pet, and when you kill a wasp you sometimes end up with a young wasp that protects you for about 1 min or so. So it should be fairly simple to attach this through a skill learned for ANY class.

This is not meant as a threat, but since this game is not going to offer me what I was hoping for, a melee pet class with pets that I can choose, I will be canceling my sub. I may or may not continue playing as I do like several of the other mechanics that this game offers, but the combat pets are the biggest thing for me.

Thanks for your time.

Nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, one for for @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Can we have something, just a small little bit of coding, for the Guild Traders?

Basically, something that will show the guild leaders/owners/everyone (if easier) the total number of sales/commission made, for that week, or even the last month. Just something to allow us to see how the trade is going?

There's not even a pluggin for it that I can see so maybe a dev can make something for it? Similar to MM in terms of what you sold on a week/day/month but for the Guild as a whole.?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.