Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    A solution to anyone thinking implementing shield and weapons dyes would be difficult. Just add a total of four extra boxes to the dye system. Two with the number 1 by them and the other two with the number 2 by them. This corresponds with the ability bars. This way there is no confusion about which item gets what dye and it keeps it nice and streamlined. HARD PART OF HAVING THE IDEA IS OVER! NOW IMPLEMENT IT! You're welcome.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • Adi.shmuelub17_ESO
    Adi.shmuelub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi quick question,
    I was one of the beta testers that played again this weekend and I was wondering is this now a f2p game?
    Can I still play this game without buying a copy?
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi quick question,
    I was one of the beta testers that played again this weekend and I was wondering is this now a f2p game?
    Can I still play this game without buying a copy?

No, it's buy to play.

You have to buy a copy.

But then you can play for free w/out a subscription, just like most online multiplayer games.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do the devs in charge of the skill line still feel werewolves are in a good place? Currently most players who become werewolves only do so for the stamina regen passive and those who use the transformation frequently feel that the skill line is still far to restrictive and cumbersome to use.

Here are a few threads that express current opinions of the skill line, and as someone who uses the werewolf transformation frequently I believe that there are still some glaring design problems that prevent the werewolf from being used outside of mob farming and stamina regen.
    Why Werewolf?
    Should the Werewolf Ultimate be a toggle?
    Werewolf (The red headed step child)
    Options
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans going forward to incorporate nature-based spells, much like what the Wyresses use, in the game? If so, what kinds of spells can we expect?

Really hope to hear back, been wondering this for a long time!!
    Edited by Khydan on 21 April 2015 02:33
    Options
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we can get more character slots? I would really like to be able to have at least one of every race.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
    Options
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Will there ever be a chance to increase cargo space for guild bank? 500 isn't enough. Also, will we be able to purchase more character slots? And if so, will there be a limit? On star wars the old republic, you started out with 8 and in the end, i ended up with 22 toons. *Self-confessed Alt-o-holic and proud of it). So will there be a chance to have infinite amounts of slots we can purchase? please? With a cherry on top?
    Options
  • sickserenity
    sickserenity
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if this has been asked already in the large amount of comments, but here's my huge question:

Will there ever be (paid or free) account transfers from PC to console for those of us that either missed the deadline, or for anyone deciding farther down the line that they'd like to give console a shot but not willing to lose all of their progress?

Please say yes! Many months ago this was promised, but to my disappointment it's only been fulfilled to those who bought the game June 30th, 2014 or earlier. Sadly I was 29 days late in my ESO purchase.
    Options
  • Nutronic
    Nutronic
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this has been asked before, but:

Roughly how many people currently live in Tamriel at this time, and about what percentage of them do we currently see in the game?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to see glow effects/ magical effects on staffs when not in use (on player back) just like many npcs we see in the game?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I go into battle wearing a costume from a completed quest, from another faction, will I lose it.? I ask because my gf and I would love to battle through this game as goblins:-)
    Options
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any plans on adding disguises and trophies to the collections? As it is right now disguises and trophies only take up space in the bank or inventory. When you introduced the collections I thought this was what it meant you would do.

Is there any possibility that we will get to see an account-wide bank and a separate character bank? 100 slots (and 22,500 gold or something for 10 more slots) per character even aren't nearly enough for just crafting materials, let alone armors and wepons that you want to keep.

Do you have any plans on making dolmens, delves and veteran group dungeons more rewarding than they currently are? (Not necessarily particularly rewarding at all) For example, I finish a dolmen or kill a delve boss and I get a few thousand experience points at veteran rank (like 3k). Instead of doing that dolmen or delve I could just as well go grind for 5 minutes and make three/five/ten times as much exp.
    As for veteran group dungeons, in some of them after I've done the questline I'm lucky if I get 10k exp in an hour of killing mobs in a dungeon, all bosses included - this has to be a bug or an issue, right?

Thanks!
    Edited by Shogunami on 21 April 2015 10:18
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious minds want to know...well at least mine....why do we have no Mundas stone for Stamina Regen? Thank you!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Curious minds want to know...well at least mine....why do we have no Mundas stone for Stamina Regen? Thank you!

I recall @ZOS_GinaBruno answered already this question in forum some time ago writing that they could add one.
    Stats wise it would be nice but lore wise... Idk which, since they use the constellations that traditionaly in TES are 13.
    The only option I can think is to add the two moons Masser and Secunda or replace a stone not really used.

My two questions:

1) I recall that during update 6 PTS Gina or Jessica wrote that racial passive skills would have received a rebalancement after update 6.
    Is this planned for the next major update after console release or for an incremental patch?

There are many threads on this matter and atm the best combinations are Imperial, Redguard for Stamina and Altmer, Breton, Dunmer for magicka.
    With every Champion Point spent and without softcaps, passive skills with max health, magicka and stamina are more meaningful.
    Some races have also passive skills that could be reworked (Sneaky of Bosmer and Khajiit is active just once per fight - out of combat; Orc's Swift, Argonian and Nord in general).

2) with update 6 a lot has changed in TESO but many armor/weapon sets are not always matching these changements.
    Will you review the bonuses of some sets?

Some examples: Night Mother's Gaze has both weapon and spell critical and the bonus for 5 pieces at VR14 with legendary improvement is just 1.680 armor debuff that is pretty nothing atm, especially when compared to other 5 pieces bonuses; Stygian was a great set for hybrid builds but we all know the situation now for those builds, it would be better as Light Armor because with 5 Medium Armor pieces a build nowadays is clearly a stamina one; because of the same reason Way of the Air has as last bonus also spell damage that should be replaced with something else more stamina/weapon related; Noble Duelist's Silks and Prisoner's Rags would be better as Medium Armor, etc.
    Edited by Helluin on 21 April 2015 15:01
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Will there be a werewolf polymorph for the Crown Store?
    Tricky tricky!
    "Evil Hunter's bugged, I swear!"

LOL Okay that WOULD be kinda epic...but I expect that polymorph costumes will disappear and not be wearable in Cyrodiil.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    The motifs are purely cosmetic, I can't see how this would be classified as 'Pay to Win' other than how they look.

Try being a crafter when part of your appeal to your customers is that you have access to the crafts/traits/rare motifs that they want... and then, after having spent several months getting to that point, you find out that the motifs are about to become a whole lot less rare.

Yeah. Fun times.

I guess I understand from your point of view.

As for me... I don't consider the motifs as 'pay to win' items, at least in my definition. However, it'll have some sort of effect economy wise. How much the economy would be affected by this? I don't know right now.

Trust me, it's a HUGE kick in the pants to the entire crafting community.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one;

Personally I think fighting a war, killing living and thinking players should yield more experience than killing mobs and doing quests. What am I talking about? Cyrodiil of course!

Do you have any plans on making Cyrodiil a viable zone for leveling (veteran) in? As in adding more quests (PvE and PvP) and making PvP even remotely relevant in this game? (Wasn't PvP supposed to be a thing in ESO? It sure was marketed as such, but has failed to deliver.)

PvP as a mode of gameplay should be a viable way of leveling. If it were up to me I'd live in Cyrodiil, taking part in the massive battles all day. If it was possible I would level an alt by only doing PvP.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
    Options
  • monkeyzealer
    is there ever gonna be a increase to rng for pvp bags cause i have spent sooo much ap and keep getting nothing i really want to get morag tong cause i dont want to have to pay 100k+ for just one piece
    Edited by monkeyzealer on 21 April 2015 18:23
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »

I recall @ZOS_GinaBruno answered already this question in forum some time ago writing that they could add one.
    Stats wise it would be nice but lore wise... Idk which, since they use the constellations that traditionaly in TES are 13.
    The only option I can think is to add the two moons Masser and Secunda or replace a stone not really used.

My two questions:

1) I recall that during update 6 PTS Gina or Jessica wrote that racial passive skills would have received a rebalancement after update 6.
    Is this planned for the next major update after console release or for an incremental patch?

There are many threads on this matter and atm the best combinations are Imperial, Redguard for Stamina and Altmer, Breton, Dunmer for magicka.
    With every Champion Point spent and without softcaps, passive skills with max health, magicka and stamina are more meaningful.
    Some races have also passive skills that could be reworked (Sneaky of Bosmer and Khajiit is active just once per fight - out of combat; Orc's Swift, Argonian and Nord in general).

2) with update 6 a lot has changed in TESO but many armor/weapon sets are not always matching these changements.
    Will you review the bonuses of some sets?

Some examples: Night Mother's Gaze has both weapon and spell critical and the bonus for 5 pieces at VR14 with legendary improvement is just 1.680 armor debuff that is pretty nothing atm, especially when compared to other 5 pieces bonuses; Stygian was a great set for hybrid builds but we all know the situation now for those builds, it would be better as Light Armor because with 5 Medium Armor pieces a build nowadays is clearly a stamina one; because of the same reason Way of the Air has as last bonus also spell damage that should be replaced with something else more stamina/weapon related; Noble Duelist's Silks and Prisoner's Rags would be better as Medium Armor, etc.

I had no idea, thank you :) I wasn't trying to waste their time or anything. Thanks for clarifying :)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    Ask anything?
    OK

Questions:

1) What are the devs opinions about what role pvp should play in this game? More specifically is there potentially a place for small scale group vs. group pvp or a more open world form of pvp in the games future?

2) What are the devs opinions about what itemization should look like, do they prefer models with simple stat systems or more diverse itemization like old school gamers are used to like itemization we see in Diablo II (with a diverse stat system and sockets), personally I would like to see a more diverse stat system in this game but without an extreme RNG assignment of stats (divergences of say less than 5% stat differences between best and worst rolls) are the devs open to such a model?

3) What are the plans for quest rewards, it is the general consensus that quite frankly quest rewards "suck" in this game for the most part... I know generally development teams opt for nerfing content (like grinding mobs) in order to make questing more appealing, this usually leads to gamers becoming apathetic/negative towards the dev team as instead of being given more attractive options devs usually opt to destroy content players already find enjoyable instead.
    Is this the typical mindset the devs have or are they more open to tailoring the game closer to what players desire? which is more or less a rewarding quest system with the option to still mindlessly grind when you feel like and remain efficient.

4) What is the dev teams stance on competitive gameplay? do they intend to increase the skill level required to play atleast some of the games content (as the general consensus seems to be that your game is too easy atm) and that it doesn't present players enough content to play competitively in with eachother.

5) What kind of timeline (rough) are we looking at for new content releases and DLC?

6) What are the devs plans for drawing in new players to keep ESO growing and expanding?

7) Are there any plans for smoothing out combat a bit, making it a little more fast paced??? I personally would like to be able to teleport quicker with my sorc, I find the delay between casting/porting disappointing . . . I would like the games combat/casting to be more responsive / quicker/less cooldowns.

I would also like casting to work while mid-air/jumping a bit.

Also there are some concerns regarding weapon swap being unresponsive/annoying to use at times/unpredictable/unreliable can we get some touch ups to the system/improvements.

8) Can we get rid of veteran levels already (what kind of timeline are we looking at for this system to be scrapped/replaced) and how will players be compensated for the time spent leveling from VR1~14?
    Should players waste their time leveling VR ranks or just skip them and level alts instead in anticipation of the new system that will replace it?

9) The skill bar sucks and limits players A LOT, (not really a question, just my opinion) and the Q hotkey system is terrible, I would much rather just have assigned keys to a hotkey bar for different potions . . . a lot less annoying.

Thank you.

Don't have to answer everything but touching on a few points would be nice.

Edited by Dre4dwolfb14_ESO on 21 April 2015 22:01
    Options
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Do the devs in charge of the skill line still feel werewolves are in a good place? Currently most players who become werewolves only do so for the stamina regen passive and those who use the transformation frequently feel that the skill line is still far to restrictive and cumbersome to use.

Here are a few threads that express current opinions of the skill line, and as someone who uses the werewolf transformation frequently I believe that there are still some glaring design problems that prevent the werewolf from being used outside of mob farming and stamina regen.
    Why Werewolf?

This was answered in one of the last few ESO lives, @ZOS_GinaBruno said they are currently happy with where werewolves are after 1.6 but are always looking to make improvements where need be
    Options
  • Tonovol
    Tonovol
    Soul Shriven
    Any plans for cross-faction zones? It makes sense that in no-man's-land areas like Craglorn people of different factions could play nice. The NPCs there are from all over, why not the players too?

Many thanks :smile:
    Bloody item management...
    Options
  • Tonovol
    Tonovol
    Soul Shriven
    8) Can we get rid of veteran levels already (what kind of timeline are we looking at for this system to be scrapped/replaced) and how will players be compensated for the time spent leveling from VR1~14?
    Should players waste their time leveling VR ranks or just skip them and level alts instead in anticipation of the new system that will replace it?

I'd really like to know when and how they're doing this. The champion system sort of compensates the xp difference, but I'd like to know how they plan on tackling the different VR rank items with different stats.
    Bloody item management...
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khydan wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »

Why Werewolf?

This was answered in one of the last few ESO lives, @ZOS_GinaBruno said they are currently happy with where werewolves are after 1.6 but are always looking to make improvements where need be

I understand that, and these threads came up after the fact (my thread "Why Werewolf?" was because of that response). Kind of wanting them to ask if they feel there is need for improvements, because the topic has rightfully come back up.
    Options
  • Bensperzel_ESO
    Bensperzel_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Khydan wrote: »
    Are there any plans going forward to incorporate nature-based spells, much like what the Wyresses use, in the game? If so, what kinds of spells can we expect?

Really hope to hear back, been wondering this for a long time!!

I'm curious about this too.
    Options
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Double Edged Sword. Its nice having the 10% XP BOOST as a subscriber, but there is also a downside. We out level areas meaning mobs are no longer lootable, and if you are like me who does all the quests, for achievements, Skill Points etc we miss out on a LOT of potential gold/loot.

My question: Is there any possibility of removing the LOOT CAP because once you are too high for the mobs, you can't loot anything. SO in a way we feel as though we are being punished for wanting to do all the quests, etc.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Questions:

Are you guys gonna do something about shield stacking. I know you guys are gonna say that you left it in on purpose to increase effectiveness like you said about block casting but it's a broken mechanic just like block casting that been abused to oblivion and back 10x now and it just either needs to be nerf or taken out or something.
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to fix, or have you identified a cause for lag in Pvp?

I play in pvp mostly and will only take so many deaths in half a second.

I like this game and will happily play for a long time, if this is fixed.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to make duel wield more viable for PvP purposes so it's more in line with the other weapon skills? Specifically 2 handed swirds.
    Options
  • gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeons
    What I really most hate of this game is the dungeon situation. Whether you are in a group or solo, when you enter a dungeon it should be just you or your party in it. At least that is what ALL other MMORPG's run and it is a proven method.

To have various people running around in dungeons killing stuff is a real mess. I do a quest and get to a point where there is really no further indication of what I am supposed to do. So I go to Youtube and find that somewhere behind me I missed a boss type or similar who would have given me the succession. Since there were so many people in that dungeon, that NPC got killed constantly so you would run past the area not knowing that there was somebody supposed to be there.

If you get my drift.

It is also very annoying when you start doing a dungeon and a Tarzan type (and there are many) shows up and every mob you are just about to kill is mowed down by Tarzan. So you basically run through the dungeon with somebody else killing everything in front. You ask yourself, why the heck am I playing this game, even Wow seems better at that stage!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.