ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• max.ascione99nrb18_ESO
    When can we expect to see the new armor sets and motifs?
    The Bosmer will rise!
    Options
  • Craorach
    Craorach
    Soul Shriven
    Can we expect to see the ability to have alternate gear appearences, other than the full costumes we currently see?
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you consider giving players a "hide costumes" option?
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does ESO support MANTLE (on Graphics Cards) and will ESO support DirectX 12 built in Windows 10 that is coming out this year?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    When can we see our characters wearing costumes in the character select screen? So far we can see tabards but the belts do not display current belt equipped (just belt buckle) will that also be changed in the near future?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Hogzknuckle
    Is custom spell making still being developed? Just a yes or no is all I'm hoping for.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is custom spell making still being developed? Just a yes or no is all I'm hoping for.

They've already answered that a few times. Yes, it's still in the plan, but no, there is not currently development on that in the works.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • Furian
    Furian
    ✭✭✭
    I have a great question for you guys... lets see how much you all really care about us :)

Why not take a list of the most asked questions and post an official FAQ? Not questions you make up, or deem fit to answer but the ACTUAL most frequently asked questions?

Future expansions, global ah, better options in crown store, fixing the horrible inventory management (like sorting would be a good question as to when this will happen), VR ranks, etc, etc, etc....

I dont need to list them all... you guys know them very well.

So, will you post an official FAQ based on player questions, wants, and needs?
    Options
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands, our current trading markets are limited to using chat or a guild store to sell items. Is there any plans for anything else, such as a universal one stop market or global auction house? Also could I get a little information, or tidbit statement, about the intended use of the current setup.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    As it stands, our current trading markets are limited to using chat or a guild store to sell items. Is there any plans for anything else, such as a universal one stop market or global auction house? Also could I get a little information, or tidbit statement, about the intended use of the current setup.

They have stated more times than I can possibly count that there are no plans for a global auction house.
    Options
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

They have stated more times than I can possibly count that there are no plans for a global auction house.

And I don't disagree with their intentions or plans.

There is just a pretty heated debate about it going on right now, and I figure if we get a more current answer, we'd have something to just settle it.
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    Options
  • marcmyb14_ESO
    marcmyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance we'll ever see a 6th skill slot? And also hopefully not requiring toggle skills (eg. inner light, pets, etc) to be on both weapon bars in order to work? That would be great. :)
    GM Oghma Infinium - Ebonheart Pact
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight - Indualis Decimius
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer - Arienna Stormcaller
    VR1 Dark Elf Dragonknight - Flame and Shadow
    26 Khajiit Nightblade - J'Kaaz Vulon
    10 Breton Templar - Sam Guevene
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, @ZOS_GinaBruno , here is my one and only question this week...

I know that the Studio focus is on console, but that is coming up real quick now in the rear view mirror (scary enough for you?). Would it be possible to get a quick Road Ahead or direction from the producers regarding the thoughts about what is next? After console?

I don't expect this to be answered in the next ESO Live. I figure that there is a lead time for information like this and would love to see someone say something in April.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have option to view pets in Character select screen?

Options
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will you fix the Lag in PVP?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway have tabards over costumes?

Options
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know where you all stand on character re customization and character renaming, also i would like to know about your thoughts on a poison morph for twin slashes or at least making PvE bosses not immune to bleed effects.
    Options
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that the Studio focus is on console, but that is coming up real quick now in the rear view mirror (scary enough for you?). Would it be possible to get a quick Road Ahead or direction from the producers regarding the thoughts about what is next? After console?

I don't expect this to be answered in the next ESO Live. I figure that there is a lead time for information like this and would love to see someone say something in April.

We usually get a Road Ahead letter every month posted on the front page.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they were no longer doing this now that TU has launched?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More like every other month.

Today is 2 months to the console launch, and soon it will be 2 months since they announced that date. The last The Road Ahead was in February. They will probably have one around the console launch. We are about half way between the two events. So, in my humble opinion, this is the perfect time for someone to pop in quickly and let us know how things are going, how console is going, maybe announce the console beta :wink: , and give us an idea of what comes after the console.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long before we get to invade Thras?
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Will the crown store release an item to redo our characters appearance like Face Sculpting in Skyrims DLC?
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The time that the EU server is brought down for maintenance has changed by one hour & now clashes with the guild trader bid swapover...

Because of this guildmasters don't have any way to be online when the trader bids switchover to look for a spare trader is their bid fails.

This is a big problem for trade guilds who rely on having a kiosk in the current trading system, & lose members if they don't have a kiosk.

Is it possible to move the guild trader switchover to happen an hour before the server goes down as it used to be?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Raiooku
    Raiooku
    Will the barbershop become free, or do you have to spend crowns, or just normal gold? When do you think a barbershop will be added?
    Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us a sense for how Tamriel Unlimited has impacted overall player experience in terms of performance. For example, there has been an increase in issues related to performance in delves lately. Are these two related and if so, can we expect resolution? Or is it similar to Cyrodiil in that the performance issues are design related and therefore will take much longer to sort out?
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we asked to provide a lot of detail on frequently occurring and easily reproducible issues?
    For example, if we say our mounts consistently stop, why not have someone at ZOS test it? It may have only taken us a few minutes to collect the information and many of us do like to help, but that's not the point.
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot recall the last time I saw a game master in-game. Why can't there be more game masters playing with us and experienceing the games fun and issues together?

Maybe stand in the bank with us and try to squeeze a set of armor you want to keep into a bank slot, only to discover that you're out of space and it'll take about 1 million gold to max it to 240... You'll have to mail it to someone that can return it to you so that you can logout and back in to store it on and alt... All while Winged Twilights flap their wings accross your screen. Oh but their so cute.

Or try to get some value out of a 20% boost in AP by killing a delve boss, only to find out that you spent 30 of your 60 minutes getting out of the delve watching a loading screen and that you spent the other 30 riding your mount to a fight.
    Edited by Sacadon on 10 April 2015 11:48
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staves are STILL BUGGED - post 2.0.4 4/10/2015

Please note we have asked for direct response to this issue and no one from ZoS has bothered to even acknowledge the thread. There are many others reporting this in other places as well. Patch notes for the 2.0.4 update indicated a "fix" yet the bug remains.

The Restrostaff heavy attack channel continues to disconnect at random times, causing the need to break rotation repeatedly to begin retartgetting. This very much needs addressed as when it comes to resource management, maintaining smooth heavy channel attack in rotation to support magicka is vital while healing.

I have also noticed that there are similar problems with Destrostaff heavy attacks for Fire staff and Frost Staff, though interestingly the channel heavy attack for Lightning staff has remained as in 1.5 and seems totally unaffected.

I wish I had the ability to record a youtube to show the differences here, but it seems now that the initial attack starts off way the heck off to the side of the player due to the change in the animation, it has adversely affected the channel sequence. On Fire and Frost Destro it is initially less noticeable since the attacks from these staves have always been a charge up and not a line channel as Lightning or Restro heavy. That being said, Fire and Frost both always targeted facing forward to the mob and the charge-up continued unless you took your finger off the mouse. Now it will veer off to the side and despite holding the mouse for full charge up, it just disconnects at random and you have to start over.

Occasionally it is just the animation that dissappears and not the dmg to the target, which makes the problem even more of a major annoyance in rotation. I can tell by my combat readouts in FTC that the issue is eating into overall dps when it surfaces.

Please address this problem.
    Options
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to copy my post from smaller ESO Live thread and add it here, just in case ;)

Elebeth wrote: »
    Greetings!

I have couple of questions for lore master Lawrence Schick:

1) Prior to 3E 414 and Imperial reorganization, Vvardenfell was Temple governed preserve as established by the treaty of the Armistice in 2E 896. So my question is: what is Vvardenfells current status (political as well as demographic and infrastructure wise). Are there any chances of seeing for ourselves? ;)

2) Can You elaborate on the topic of Bosmerii Spinners? To what extent can they "manipulate" the "flow of actions"? Can they spin the story without the protagonist? How does spinning a story correlates with the elder scrolls?

3) "Moon Bishop Hunal says, “When true cats commune with the moons and their spirits climb the Lunar Lattice, then can a Khajiit see the Dead Moon sailing behind Jone and Jode. This moon is the corpse of Lorkhaj. After he made the world for Nirni’s children to live in, the Darks in the heart of Lorkhaj also made a prison of the world—for he did not know the First Secret. Thus his heart was cut out and buried in the Dark Behind the World, and his body was hurled on high to follow the moons forever. This all true cats learn from their Clan Mothers.” "

This and the things seen during the last quest in Reaper's March may imply on the existence of "the third moon". I won't elaborate my theory here, but any comments on the matter?

Sincerely, Elebeth!
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
    Options
  • Riffler
    Riffler
    ✭✭
    Are there any plans to overhaul the LFG tool, or add one specifically for finding a dungeon group (the current tool insists on forming a group when it has three people, usually none of them a tank, sometimes no healer either)? I like the game, but standing in a city spamming zone chat for hours to find a group is not what I want to spend my time doing, and an MMORPG where I don't get to group is not one I'm going to continue playing for long. Nor do I want to run a level 10 dungeon with a VR tank; I want to experience the content the way it was designed (too much to ask?). There don't appear to be any half-way decent leveling guilds in the EU, and filling roles is needlessly complicated by having cross-faction guilds that can't cross-faction group.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.