The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Heavy armor needs buffed already.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »
    When is the Update 10?
    And what Update are we on currently?

thiefs guild is 9, dark brotherhood is 10
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 9 is thieves guild.
    Update 10 is probaly dark brotherhood which is going to take atleast 4 - 6 months
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric Wrobel said they are looking into Stamina/Magicka parity balances for Update 10 (Dark Brotherhood, aka the next Update), which includes weapon abilities, world lines (vampire/werewolf), guild lines and Heavy Armor. He said their aim for the changes to Heavy is to make it really feel like you are hard to kill. They know that while innately Heavy Armor is better because it has higher armor rating, it falls behind once passives are factored in.

So, Update 10 is when to expect non-class balancing, including Heavy Armor.
    Edited by Ffastyl on February 12, 2016 10:56PM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    Update 10 is the ETA on Heavy Armor buffs!

Wait @Ffastyl I missed live cause of work HA buff are in for U10 ??

Probably yes. Problem is, at least I got an impression, I'm not sure they are aware how ineffective armor even is compared to shieldstacking.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so i can forget about HA for half of a year.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

Probably yes. Problem is, at least I got an impression, I'm not sure they are aware how ineffective armor even is compared to shieldstacking.

He at least is aware. He even said that the shieldstacking is the most effective defense right now, combined with the insane dps. But why he didnt fixed, no idea. If you ask me they dont have enough resources and time to do so many changes.
    Because I can!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrobel mentioned that. They are aware and uncomfortable with how effective damage shields are and they have several ideas being bounced around internally (watch the recording for Wrobel's specific examples) but none of the ideas cover balance for all shields, over nerfing some (i.e. Give damage shields a cast time but then ones like Sun Shield, meant to be cast at point blank, are super hard to pull off).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live has just ended so the recording should be posted on Twitch shortly.

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrobel mentioned that. They are aware and uncomfortable with how effective damage shields are and they have several ideas being bounced around internally (watch the recording for Wrobel's specific examples) but none of the ideas cover balance for all shields, over nerfing some (i.e. Give damage shields a cast time but then ones like Sun Shield, meant to be cast at point blank, are super hard to pull off).

@Ffastyl OK so question is are they actually gonna take some of our suggestions and add them to HA or did they just say that to shut players up and the only changes that HA will get is a few minor point tweeks here and there.

Cause me personally I like immovable to be a good skill again and reduce break free and a passive crit resistance for PvP and reduce snare.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on February 12, 2016 10:57PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Ffastyl OK so question is are they actually gonna take some of our suggestions and add them to HA or did they just say that to shut players up and the only changes that HA will get is a few minor point tweeks here and there.

They will make changes in update 10. What changes we do not know. But @wrobel also mentioned that they have some ideas for addressing the issues that when you stack magicka you also have better heals and better shields. Probably new big changes will be coming in Q3.
    Because I can!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, and a big thing they mentioned is decoupling Max Resource from ability power (Max Stamina/Magicka =/= more power), but it requires a big overhaul of the background systems and equations so it's just on the whiteboard for now.

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, and a big thing they mentioned is decoupling Max Resource from ability power (Max Stamina/Magicka =/= more power), but it requires a big overhaul of the background systems and equations so it's just on the whiteboard for now.

So max stamina and magicka no longer effecting power is just rumors for now.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

His team just have some ideas that they are discussing. No more info.
    Because I can!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Forestd16b14_ESO Rather than take all our posts for it, go watch the recording of today's ESO Live! All we're doing is paraphrasing and filtering what Wrobel said. For the full, non-stilted version get this info straight from the source!

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

His team just have some ideas that they are discussing. No more info.

Like I said rumors.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Forestd16b14_ESO Rather than take all our posts for it, go watch the recording of today's ESO Live! All we're doing is paraphrasing and filtering what Wrobel said. For the full, non-stilted version get this info straight from the source!

Well as I said I am glad their finally buffing it up I just wanna know if their actually listing to us and gonna add some changes Me, you, CP5 and every one else made or are they just gonna do one tiny buff that makes no difference.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But with more info that I got IDK what good HA will be now since apparently ZOS hates stamina and only wants DKs to be magical based builds and no longer tan and ofcoruse no longer use fire skills either though a entire tree is fire base.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't know what to do. That or Wrobel doesn't.

He mentioned how shields are so powerful and useful but there is a shield skill for almost each counter, such as shields against magika attacks or stamina attacks. So they'll have to look at how to balance those issues and shields.

The obvious solution is to get rid of all the extra shields and make one shield that shields all damage and balance that skill. It's obvious. Make the other skills something totally different, fun, and useful.

Same can be said about heavy armor. Tons of great feedback on it and changes won't be seen for 5 months. Who knows what these changes even are.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't let this thread die until update 10 or 11 or 12....*cries in a corner*
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't know what to do. That or Wrobel doesn't.

He mentioned how shields are so powerful and useful but there is a shield skill for almost each counter, such as shields against magika attacks or stamina attacks. So they'll have to look at how to balance those issues and shields.

The obvious solution is to get rid of all the extra shields and make one shield that shields all damage and balance that skill. It's obvious. Make the other skills something totally different, fun, and useful.

Same can be said about heavy armor. Tons of great feedback on it and changes won't be seen for 5 months. Who knows what these changes even are.

5 months? I can say that t will be 10 months. Because in October when we wanted skill changes, ZoS said that the balancing will be in TG patch. We were waiting for them. We didn know that these changes were 4-5 skills from the Class skills line.
    Because I can!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class balancing is what ZOS stated Update 9 would be about. And their Update schedule is quarterly (every 3 months), so stop it with the pessimism.

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class balancing is what ZOS stated Update 9 would be about. And their Update schedule is quarterly (every 3 months), so stop it with the pessimism.

Are people happy with their stamina sorcs and stamina templars?
    Because I can!
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can't let this thread die until update 10 or 11 or 12....*cries in a corner*

I say just give out ideas like use a dart board. Throw darts at it while not looking to get the idea to balance heavy armor in some way with other armor sets. That's what ESO is about now a days lets just random throw at a dart board!!!! :/
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Are people happy with their stamina sorcs and stamina templars?

Yah, a "Class balance" update that only seemed to focus on magicka based healing and utility, while leaving any other build type ignored, leaving stam sorcs with not even a passing glance an templars with one half of the class toned down but no real compensation anywhere else.
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm looking into crafting heavy armor. It's such garbage I can't bring myself to commit to it. It's never going to be better than Medium or Light. It needs to be fixed.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    So I'm looking into crafting heavy armor. It's such garbage I can't bring myself to commit to it. It's never going to be better than Medium or Light. It needs to be fixed.

HA is only better with really high DPS content (using heals of others that are relatively more effective because of your higher damage mitigation) and better in eating high spikes of damage because Blocking is cheaper (passive Bracing) and your effective health pool is higher (again because of the higher damage mitigation incl Block).

These situations occur in Boss fights and also short moments in PVP fights (IF you have Healing support !!!)

Going around solo, the higher mitigation is of little value because your self heal is relatively small compared to LA-MA builds.
    The value of cheaper Blocking is also much lower than pre 1.6, especially for MA builds, because of the no-Stamina during Blocking nerf.

So... it is atm very, very niche in her application.

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Oldmanlawlor on February 16, 2016 10:08AM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looked at your screen shot

You are the Tank of a Group, taunting the Boss, protecting your Group, getting support Heals from your Group.

For THAT niche role Heavy Armor is fine. Nobody denies that.

And for WHAT more is Heavy Armor fine ???
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can all agree that HA is fine for PvE content.

The question is: how can we make HA viable in PvP?

The answer ofc lies in resource management and CC immunity which should not affect PvE much.
    Somebody gave an idea that the Constitution passive should not have a cooldown, but rather have a X% to return mag and stam for each hit.
    This is a perfect example that would improve HA performance in PvP while not buffing PvE performance too much.

Also, making the Immovable skill more attractive for PvP by adding 1 more second to the CC immunity duration for each piece of HA equipped would be awesome.

Remember: if you wish to tank in PvP, your job is not to kill. Your job is to infiltrate the enemy lines and make them dump their resources on you all the while you CC and debuff them.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    We can all agree that HA is fine for PvE content.

The question is: how can we make HA viable in PvP?

The answer ofc lies in resource management and CC immunity which should not affect PvE much.
    Somebody gave an idea that the Constitution passive should not have a cooldown, but rather have a X% to return mag and stam for each hit.
    This is a perfect example that would improve HA performance in PvP while not buffing PvE performance too much.

Also, making the Immovable skill more attractive for PvP by adding 1 more second to the CC immunity duration for each piece of HA equipped would be awesome.

Remember: if you wish to tank in PvP, your job is not to kill. Your job is to infiltrate the enemy lines and make them dump their resources on you all the while you CC and debuff them.

agree
    improving HA to something viable in PVP is the goal we share :)

Whereby noted that the speed at which your Stamina melts away while blocking is in PVP 2-4 times as high as in PVE.
    In PVE NPC's hit you once every 2 seconds.
    In PVP enemy players hit you every second: so melting your Stamina at double pace
    and when they are LA weaving they can do 2 hits per second.

So blocking can only be done for short periods indeed once you are in focus.

Edited by hrothbern on February 16, 2016 10:44AM