Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.0

• Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    WebBull wrote: »
    I thought I read that this patch/DLC would contain new uses for Alliance Points. I didn't see anything in these patch notes.

bG5AxGC.png

Of the things mentioned in the patch notes, this disappoints me the most. It's not a dynamic or truly useful way to spend AP -- it doesn't help the Alliance War or combat against other players. It comes across as a "throw the people with tons of AP a bone" rather than an interesting way to tie the motif into the game world or to crafting like they did with Ancient Orc. I'm fine with it staying, however, so long as they give us another way to get it outside of AP, such as from Cyrodiil bosses or delves. Also, why not in Craglorn? That is where the style is already available in some gear sets...

You're thinking of the Yokudan style probably. The Akaviri style has always been a PvP set style. It's the style on the original alliance-armour and weapons such as "Covenant Cuirass, Dominion Sword, Pact Breeches" etc, which you by the way earn (earned?) by gaining AP :)
    Options
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    <3<3<3 Soooo, excited about all the awesome changes and new content! Especially thrilled by the shield dyes, crafting node scaling, guild trader mail change, grouping w/friends from other factions in dungeons, (just wow), new area to explore and so much more. Really looking forward to this.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
    Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES - DLC GAME PACK

Crafting Node Scaling
    • Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
      • For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
      • If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
    • Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
    • Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, So on my V1 Alt Master Crafter, I will be getting V16 mats and V16 hide from animals. But on my V16 main (which I use to gather mats) I will be getting all LVL 1 mats since I don't have any skill points to put into crafting.

Basically what your saying is I need to level all my crafting on all my alts to get useful mats. I feel sorry for those people that skipped content on alts and grinded them to V16 and have very limited skill points! No useful mats for you!

Would make more since if you looted stuff in your LVL range and not based on your crafting level. This would help ensure that "Everyone gets mats that are useful to their character!"
    Edited by Kerioko on October 6, 2015 12:30AM
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read that this patch/DLC would contain new uses for Alliance Points. I didn't see anything in these patch notes.

bG5AxGC.png

Of the things mentioned in the patch notes, this disappoints me the most. It's not a dynamic or truly useful way to spend AP -- it doesn't help the Alliance War or combat against other players. It comes across as a "throw the people with tons of AP a bone" rather than an interesting way to tie the motif into the game world or to crafting like they did with Ancient Orc. I'm fine with it staying, however, so long as they give us another way to get it outside of AP, such as from Cyrodiil bosses or delves. Also, why not in Craglorn? That is where the style is already available in some gear sets...

You're thinking of the Yokudan style probably. The Akaviri style has always been a PvP set style. It's the style on the original alliance-armour and weapons such as "Covenant Cuirass, Dominion Sword, Pact Breeches" etc, which you by the way earn (earned?) by gaining AP :)

Ahh you are correct! But my main point still stands.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draconic Heart

Dark Talons: This ability’s root is no longer blockable.

My DK thanks you heartily for listening to her pleas.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

bG5AxGC.png

Ahh you are correct! But my main point still stands.

Hmm not really, it doesn't.

Your point is that your should be able to get the set outside of PvP , without using AP as currency. If that was the case then nobody would buy it from PvP sellers, therefore AP would remain as useless a currency as it is now and there would be no Gold<->AP exchange like there was in 1.6.

I really really don't understand this argument. I'm a PvPer and I have to farm PvE dungeons for undaunted helmets and zombies in IC for dark ethers like crazy! Yet the minute some reward is hidden behind some actual PvP, y'all go bananas.

They absolutely should throw people with AP a bone. It's a game currency they have been collecting for over a year and ZOS suddenly decided with the last update, that it should be worth nothing. Imagine having 3-4m gold in your account and tomorrow you find you can't buy anything of value with it. That's what happened.

For the love of god, just suck it up and either do some pvp or buy the motif. it's not useful gear, it's just a stylistic thing And stop requesting that all rewards in the game are provided by mindlessly killing mobs which apparently is the way you prefer to spend your time in ESO. Other forms of play need to yield material rewards too.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you waiting for a new DLC to fix known issues in Imperial City? We have already paid for it and would have thought that those fixes should be put into the current live version?
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

Options
  • ekobmx
    ekobmx
    CP Cap should be 900, why have the spend 300 CP in each tree Achievement if we cant even do it?
    Options
  • Nax
    Nax
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES - DLC GAME PACK

Crafting Node Scaling
    • Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
      • For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
      • If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
    • Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
    • Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, So on my V1 Alt Master Crafter, I will be getting V16 mats and V16 hide from animals. But on my V16 main (which I use to gather mats) I will be getting all LVL 1 mats since I don't have any skill points to put into crafting.

Basically what your saying is I need to level all my crafting on all my alts to get useful mats. I feel sorry for those people that skipped content on alts and grinded them to V16 and have very limited skill points! No useful mats for you!

Would make more since if you looted stuff in your LVL range and not based on your crafting level. This would help ensure that "Everyone gets mats that are useful to their character!"

@Kerioko I believe this will only be the case when in Wrothgar, not world-wide-- at least, that is my perception of the quoted notes. I've underlined the relevant pieces of information for clarity above.
    Edited by Nax on October 6, 2015 3:20AM
    Options
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Please... PLEASE rethink the CP cap entirely.

The whole CP system was created with it's own diminishing returns and scalability. Why ... WHY do you insist on adding a hard-cap to the only value that many players see as their only end-game pve benefit?

CP do not need a cap - they just need attention!

PLEASE rethink the cap - all you REALLY need to do is to use the tools it already has built into it. All it really needs is a heavier-handed DR system and the tweaks to the scale / speed at which they can be earned. Implement the scale changes you already have, weaken the values received for points spent across the board, and make the DR more stringent.

DO NOT CAP CP! FFS...
    When you have players who have so many Champion Points that they can solo one of the 12 player trials then it's definitely time to put CP caps in place.
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bG5AxGC.png

Thanks. I scrolled right over the crafting style note since I never thought AP was in any way related. If that is all they have in mind for AP, what a complete joke. How is a crafting style useful to PvP? Also, two weeks after this DLC goes live I am sure anyone can buy this style in the Crown Store. I just can't believe this is all they could come up with for the use of AP.
    So very weak.
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This.... is a lot of bug fixes. And so soon!
    Alternating Update focuses between bugs and balancing looks promising! (for bugs at least)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to the CP cap and catch up mechanics.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • BuffaloBn
    BuffaloBn
    Soul Shriven
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Please... PLEASE rethink the CP cap entirely.

The whole CP system was created with it's own diminishing returns and scalability. Why ... WHY do you insist on adding a hard-cap to the only value that many players see as their only end-game pve benefit?

CP do not need a cap - they just need attention!

PLEASE rethink the cap - all you REALLY need to do is to use the tools it already has built into it. All it really needs is a heavier-handed DR system and the tweaks to the scale / speed at which they can be earned. Implement the scale changes you already have, weaken the values received for points spent across the board, and make the DR more stringent.

DO NOT CAP CP! FFS...

This morning I sat in on a conversation of the leader from one of the most well-known PvE/PvP guilds in AD. The guys did not seem extremely pleased at the CP cap announcement. Some individuals have found the CP system as an incentive to get more. A personal goal if you like. However, the patch notes still suggest that they will keep earning CPs in arrears. No big loss in the end. I interpret is as follows: ZoS wants a larger portion of the community to be on a level playing field.

All we can do is thank PvP for the rabbits! The need for seasons in CP, as it regards PvP, is long overdue. Some have suggested that CP have no effect within Cyrodill. That would seem more fitting, rather than penalise those who have spent effort to accumulate CP.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like this update I'm not PvP or pve I do both something most people think is impossible to multi task so something to dump my ap into is fine and I'm a 7-9 trait crafter so all the better
    Options
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    i wanted more stamina morphs for classes, or maybe skills dmg to not scale anymore off stamina/magik and just and only wep dmg. and how about some new skills and stuff!
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
    • Decreased the interaction time on the Inhibitor Pinion.

Does anyone understand what that means / implies in terms of strategy for that boss and could take a few minutes to explain ? I don't figure it out...

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 6, 2015 7:05AM
    Options
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    In terms of champion points.... "a lot" what is "a lot" ?
    What's the xp reduced to? Is there different xp rates for different amounts of cp? Pretty vague :o
    Lettigall wrote: »
    So vampire Mist form still gonna be bugged and CC effects will go through it?

Dissolve into a dark mist to reduce all damage dealt to you by 75%. While active, you are also invulnerable to control effects and healing magic

If you mean.... cc won't effect it.... would be kinda strange to have talons effect mist. Or fear to effect a werewolf or vampire in general for that matter, which it does... I find this weird. You cannot catch the wind!
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on October 6, 2015 7:09AM
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    The problem with the level cap is that you have pretty much stuck it to some of your most dedicated players. You need to increase the diminishing returns, not completely strip players of their accomplishments. This implementation was poorly done by ZOS. Many people support this change because it helps them. The problem is you could have helped them without COMPLETELY eliminating what others have accomplished. Will ZOS be issuing a refund for XP scrolls purchased?
    Some would dispute that running around the Scar in Craglorn with an OP Sorc build for hours on end, or using one of the mny XP exploits amount to an accomplishment.
    Options
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Nice monty python reference btw.
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES - BASE-GAME PATCH

Akaviri Crafting Style
    The secrets of the Akaviri crafting style have been uncovered by scholars on the front lines of the Alliance War!
    • Siege merchants in Cyrodiil will sell chapters of the Akaviri Style for large amounts of Alliance Points.
    • To learn an Akaviri style chapter, you must have at least Rank 9 in at least one of the Metalworking, Tailoring, or Woodworking passives.
    • The merchants will also sell the raw style material needed to craft Akaviri items, Ancient Scale, for a modicum of Alliance Points.
    • You must refine ten Ancient Scales together into one Goldscale in order to use it in crafting Akaviri arms and armor.
    • Once refined together into Goldscale, the item is immediately bound to your account. If you wish to trade them, you must do so in their unrefined form!
    So, some new styles are now PVP-only, right?

Edited by KerinKor on October 6, 2015 7:18AM
    Options
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES - BASE-GAME PATCH

Akaviri Crafting Style
    The secrets of the Akaviri crafting style have been uncovered by scholars on the front lines of the Alliance War!
    • Siege merchants in Cyrodiil will sell chapters of the Akaviri Style for large amounts of Alliance Points.
    • To learn an Akaviri style chapter, you must have at least Rank 9 in at least one of the Metalworking, Tailoring, or Woodworking passives.
    • The merchants will also sell the raw style material needed to craft Akaviri items, Ancient Scale, for a modicum of Alliance Points.
    • You must refine ten Ancient Scales together into one Goldscale in order to use it in crafting Akaviri arms and armor.
    • Once refined together into Goldscale, the item is immediately bound to your account. If you wish to trade them, you must do so in their unrefined form!
    So, some new styles are now PVP-only, right?

If they are tradable. Only for the people selling em :P
    Options
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine what Blackwater Blade is going to look like with the dramatically different Battle Level mechanic. I really don't know what to think.

I see it specifically mentioned that item quality will matter, and I am totally in favor of that, but will item level still scale with your character? For example, I currently have several Master weapons of various levels that I earned from leaderboard ranking end of campaign rewards in non-vet PvP. If the level doesn't scale, these rewards become nearly useless in a few levels -- they likely won't even last you through the next 7 day campaign! The same is true for various set pieces I have collected the same way. Given how quickly you can outlevel gear, it would be an itemization disaster if item level doesn't scale up.
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmm no trials? are you guys planning to loose even the pve'rs ?
    Signature

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
    • Decreased the interaction time on the Inhibitor Pinion.

Does anyone understand what that means / implies in terms of strategy for that boss and could take a few minutes to explain ? I don't figure it out...
    @anitajoneb17_ESO I haven't played the dungeon so I can't be sure, but to me it suggests something like this:
    Say you activate the pinion now and it takes 6 seconds to animate / activate/ w/e before something happens. It will now only take 2 seconds before something happens. (Numbers are chosen at random.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of champion points.... "a lot" what is "a lot" ?
    What's the xp reduced to? Is there different xp rates for different amounts of cp? Pretty vague :o
    Lettigall wrote: »
    So vampire Mist form still gonna be bugged and CC effects will go through it?

Dissolve into a dark mist to reduce all damage dealt to you by 75%. While active, you are also invulnerable to control effects and healing magic

If you mean.... cc won't effect it.... would be kinda strange to have talons effect mist. Or fear to effect a werewolf or vampire in general for that matter, which it does... I find this weird. You cannot catch the wind!

Actually all description of this ability is wrong all damage isn't reduced by 75%, damage from some abilities isn't even reduced by 50%.
    While active, you are also vulnerable to control effects and healing magic. More correct description.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • aialghannam_ESO
    aialghannam_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, they haven't reverted back the "no stamina regen while blocking" disaster. Hopefully, they will soon.
    Heven't played much eso since they made tanking so boring with that mistake of an update.
    Edited by aialghannam_ESO on October 6, 2015 9:23AM
    R.I.P. Tanks
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc

Thanks for your interest in my question... however, if you haven't tried that fight, I'm afraid you cannot really understand... basically, this "pinion" looks and works like a dark anchor pinion. It's linked to a big bad boss called "the planar inhibitor" and while we fight said boss, we have to keep the pinion closed all the time, otherwise it spawns adds, aoes and plenty of deadly things. The pinion keeps reopening itself at regular, short intervals so we have to close it again. If we don't, well the nasty things happen but the interaction is still possible without time limit so I don't see the point of "shortening interaction time", which would imply that after 2 seconds the pinion would be doomed to remain open (and the party wipes soon after). Sounds pretty senseless.

If it means that the pinion will reopen quicker than it currently does after being closed, it would mean a significant increase in the difficulty of a fight which is imho already troublesome enough.

I hope it means that the *animation* for it, which immobilizes the player in the middle of potential AOEs will be reduced so that closing it will be quicker and less dangerous, that would make this encounter slightly easier.

But that also could be a wrong interpretation.. ideas anyone ? @ZOS_GinaBruno , is it possible for you to enlighten us ?
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 6, 2015 9:26AM
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this being put on the PTS today?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc

Thanks for your interest in my question... however, if you haven't tried that fight, I'm afraid you cannot really understand... basically, this "pinion" looks and works like a dark anchor pinion. It's linked to a big bad boss called "the planar inhibitor" and while we fight said boss, we have to keep the pinion closed all the time, otherwise it spawns adds, aoes and plenty of deadly things. The pinion keeps reopening itself at regular, short intervals so we have to close it again. If we don't, well the nasty things happen but the interaction is still possible without time limit so I don't see the point of "shortening interaction time", which would imply that after 2 seconds the pinion would be doomed to remain open (and the party wipes soon after). Sounds pretty senseless.

If it means that the pinion will reopen quicker than it currently does after being closed, it would mean a significant increase in the difficulty of a fight which is imho already troublesome enough.

I hope it means that the *animation* for it, which immobilizes the player in the middle of potential AOEs will be reduced so that closing it will be quicker and less dangerous, that would make this encounter slightly easier.

But that also could be a wrong interpretation.. ideas anyone ? @ZOS_GinaBruno , is it possible for you to enlighten us ?

Thanks for the description. Based on that, I would think it's probably the immobilizing animation that has been reduced.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options