The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.0

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

juan0316 wrote: »
    Soulac wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are willows path and champion passives affecting drink buffs fixed with the coming dlc?

I want to know this aswell, did not see any fix for it in the notes. Are you guys aware of this bug?
    We are aware of that bug, but just haven't gotten it fixed yet.
    @Soulac Be careful what you wish cause ZOS can fix it and change the formula to be only additive and not multiplicative and at the end we will have less regen values.
    Edited by Bashev on October 6, 2015 5:30PM
    Because I can!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to make all grouping for dungeons scale in the way you've implemented for the grouping tool? AKA scaled to V16 but the V2 in the group gets V2 items?

I got really excited when I read this and then saw its only for the grouping tool. Please tell me this is in the works for grouping without the tool.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we can dye our shields now, but still not our weapons?

God damn it lol
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see this listed as a known issue, but I couldn't travel to Wrothgar via the cart in Davon's Watch on an EP character who is an ESO Plus member and has that displayed in her character attributes. I didn't even get a quest marker in Davon's Watch to lead me to Wrothgar initially. I traveled to Wrothgar via wayshrine first.

I could travel via the cart to Wrothgar if I made a separate DLC purchase for Orsinium in the Crown Store.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES - DLC GAME PACK

Crafting Node Scaling
    • Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
      • For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
      • If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
    • Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
    • Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, So on my V1 Alt Master Crafter, I will be getting V16 mats and V16 hide from animals. But on my V16 main (which I use to gather mats) I will be getting all LVL 1 mats since I don't have any skill points to put into crafting.

Basically what your saying is I need to level all my crafting on all my alts to get useful mats. I feel sorry for those people that skipped content on alts and grinded them to V16 and have very limited skill points! No useful mats for you!

Would make more since if you looted stuff in your LVL range and not based on your crafting level. This would help ensure that "Everyone gets mats that are useful to their character!"
    Isn't this exactly what they're doing? If you're v16, but your blacksmith is only lvl 1, you won't be able to craft with the v16 mats anyway, until you level up your blacksmith and spend the skill points to be able to use those materials.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    @code65536

The reason I and many other players spent time grinding CP, is because ZOS set up a system that promoted it with the champion point system. A system that allowed for further end game progression of ones character. So yes, they are stripping us from what we have earned under a system they promoted. It is a violation of fiduciary trust and loyalty to their most diehard fans.

There are plenty of other ways to change the system to make it more equitable for the casual player aside from stripping us from what we have earned. You could have one cp capped monthly campiagn (the rest should still be uncapped), and/or reduce the amount of XP needed for the first few hundred CP.

However, not having a method of continuing progress in the game, and making everyone equally powerful, are counter intuitive to a true MMO environment. Also, I can bet that many of you posting on here that support the capped CP, will change your minds in a few months when you approach the cap, and come to realize that all the PVE you do is pretty much now worthless since the XP you earn will do next to nothing.

Edited by Mystikkal on October 6, 2015 10:25PM
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty strong patch, overall. Would still like to see a proper PVP update. And I'm not talking about a zergfest+NPC's.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Please... PLEASE rethink the CP cap entirely.

The whole CP system was created with it's own diminishing returns and scalability. Why ... WHY do you insist on adding a hard-cap to the only value that many players see as their only end-game pve benefit?

CP do not need a cap - they just need attention!

PLEASE rethink the cap - all you REALLY need to do is to use the tools it already has built into it. All it really needs is a heavier-handed DR system and the tweaks to the scale / speed at which they can be earned. Implement the scale changes you already have, weaken the values received for points spent across the board, and make the DR more stringent.

DO NOT CAP CP! FFS...

Why? Cuz its kinda B.S when someone with 1000+ CP waltzes around and with a skip and a hop, tanks 5-10 players all wailing on him and his health never goes down, then when he gets tired, he just runs away and cannot be stopped at all.

So either Cap or worse DR, they chose CAP, cuz its easier, that and even with the DR on the Passive effects, you still get that boost to Health, Magicka and Stamina, unless ya want a DR on that too.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vanzan wrote: »
    Why are you waiting for a new DLC to fix known issues in Imperial City? We have already paid for it and would have thought that those fixes should be put into the current live version?

^^^^This, a billion times this!!!!! My exact thoughts while reading these notes. So your going to post fixes for stuff that is currently broken that we have to PAY for...AGAIN? WTH is wrong with you ZoS? Stuff that can be used as exploits over the next month cause you can't release the fixes now? This is like a new all-time low for this company. Seriously. It's really bad customer relations on an epic scale.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] There are four Sigils that will aid you with your battles in the arena. To use a Sigil, simply walk near it and the Synergy prompt will appear. Press your Synergy key, and the Sigil will be activated. Sigils will re-spawn between each round within an arena, so liberal use is encouraged. These Sigils include:
    • Sigil of Haste: Grants increased resource regeneration and the Major Expedition buff.
    • Sigil of Healing: Grants you a powerful heal over time.
    • Sigil of Defense: Grants damage reduction to all attacks, and reflects physical and spell ranged attacks.
    • Sigil of Power: Grants increased weapon power.

Does the Sigil of Power also grant spell power too?
  • BippNasty
    BippNasty
    ✭✭
    Gunphu wrote: »
    On consoles the power gap is significantly larger than PC when it comes down to CP. But a CP cap AND a catch up system will ruin the character progression idea of this game. I fear it will also promote even more zerging (if possible) because solo and small group players will most deffinently not be strong enough to take out a group of mindless light attacking archers and steel tornados.

This will appeal to casual players alot more thought. You know the ones that do not truely support the game but play every now and then so subbing isnt worth it. But I guess they outnumbered (zerging) the hardcore players on the forums and complained the most. I bet they still wont sub thought and you wil end up losing subs overall by alienating your hardcore players.

I have less than 200 cp and feel this is stupid. When this driops i will probably unsub.

That doesn't make sense. How will capping cp make it harder for single players? It's reducing the difference between minimum CP characters and max cp characters, if anything making it easier for solo players not harder. Ither way the gap is still going to be very large just not as insanely large. Casual players aren't even likely to reach vet rank for a long time so why would the cp changes matter to them? None of this makes sense to me.
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭

Why? Cuz its kinda B.S when someone with 1000+ CP waltzes around and with a skip and a hop, tanks 5-10 players all wailing on him and his health never goes down, then when he gets tired, he just runs away and cannot be stopped at all.

There's only a few guys out there with 1k+ CP. Institute a cap on an entire progression system because of like 3-4 people? LOL. Get some PVP friends and focus them down. Or don't engage if you feel you'll get rekt by them.

Also you sure you're not talking about an emperor?
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    The problem with the level cap is that you have pretty much stuck it to some of your most dedicated players. You need to increase the diminishing returns, not completely strip players of their accomplishments. This implementation was poorly done by ZOS. Many people support this change because it helps them. The problem is you could have helped them without COMPLETELY eliminating what others have accomplished. Will ZOS be issuing a refund for XP scrolls purchased?
    Some would dispute that running around the Scar in Craglorn with an OP Sorc build for hours on end, or using one of the mny XP exploits amount to an accomplishment.

It is not the method of accomplishment that matters in this instance, it's the accomplishment. The accomplishment being CP. Do I agree that you should get so much XP from grinding? No, but that was the environment. It's like a boss saying, if you do x (work/grind) you will get y (CP/bonus). People were given an expectation by ZOS. Now ZOS is saying they wont give people their bonus. Its irrelevant if the person was flipping burgers and doesn't deserve a huge bonus, or starts a multi-million dollar company and does deserve the bonus.

If people had spent a ton of time getting VR14/16 gear and then VR18 was introduced, thats fine. The work people did becomes irrelevant. But in that case, people knew that eventually ZOS would come out with VR18 gear. In this instance, people were just playing within the system and they expected to be able to keep the CP - that's way they did it. They dedicated themselves to the game and are now having that taken away.

You need to understand, I fully agree that CP needs to be balanced. The system is way too powerful. BUT.. you should not be completely nullifying the work (i.e. accomplishment) that people have gained. You can accomplish balancing CP power in a different way.. (e.g. make the system less powerful and increase the diminishing returns). You can also, for example, immediately give new VR1's a 100 CP.

You are also losing the idea of constant progression. I find it fun to know that I am constantly progressing - even if it's very very small.

It would have been fine to introduce the system with a cap. But you can't put a cap after people have put in the work. It's like taking someone's bonus away. Not cool. There are other solutions.
    Edited by Mystikkal on October 6, 2015 7:25PM
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    gibous wrote: »

There's only a few guys out there with 1k+ CP. Institute a cap on an entire progression system because of like 3-4 people? LOL. Get some PVP friends and focus them down. Or don't engage if you feel you'll get rekt by them.

Only a few? Hehehe...hahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Kovaden
    Kovaden
    Just add Dueling, prove to the players you don't Completely ignore their requests. Also revert stamina recovery while blocking... the nerf is just ridiculous. I always tank and it's just... I cant even.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Basically what your saying is I need to level all my crafting on all my alts to get useful mats. I feel sorry for those people that skipped content on alts and grinded them to V16 and have very limited skill points! No useful mats for you!

Would make more since if you looted stuff in your LVL range and not based on your crafting level. This would help ensure that "Everyone gets mats that are useful to their character!"

You can still visit specific zones to harvest specific materials. Meanwhile, this adds an area for crafting alts to harvest higher level materials without trying to sneak around zones that out-level the character.
  • m1ck10v1n
    m1ck10v1n
    It's a shame that nightblades are not being nerfed...
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Er he's right, only 2 people have hit 1500cp in the gsme, and less than 6 had over 1k. That's from ZOS themselves

Also how do you think they earn this many cp's ? By grinding and working on their character right? Well guess what, that means they haven't actually been in pvp as they've been grinding in pve!

Also look at players like sypher, he has 300 odd cp and there's videos of him taking down 6+ people with ease . Don't blame cp's for your lack of skill
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    capcody wrote: »
    if this patch goes live. im done with the game. and im going to move onto something else to play.. pretty much what sums it up is. if u are a casual this patch is for u. if not then all your hard work put into it already over 500 cp well your fcked till the patch after this. no thanks. i dislike a game were your progress is blocked due to crybaby casuals.. if u invest time into the game then u should be more powereful. plz reconcider zos.

Awwwww, basement dweller cant play God no more? Can I have your stuff?
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Er he's right, only 2 people have hit 1500cp in the gsme, and less than 6 had over 1k. That's from ZOS themselves

Also how do you think they earn this many cp's ? By grinding and working on their character right? Well guess what, that means they haven't actually been in pvp as they've been grinding in pve!

Also look at players like sypher, he has 300 odd cp and there's videos of him taking down 6+ people with ease . Don't blame cp's for your lack of skill

I didnt say 1500 did I? I said 1000+, and seen plenty of them, its honestly not that hard to get for the really hardcore who stuck with the game and utilized the early exploits and mistakes ZoS made to amass alot of CP before things got fixed and changed.

And I got more skill than you kiddo. If Sypher is taking on 6+ people "with ease" with just 300 odd CP, than hes obviously exploiting something thats horribly OP and unbalanced right now to go along with the animation macro cancelling problem.

Please dont B.S a 16+ year mmo veteran >.> No amount of skill can allow 1 player to take on 6 different players and beat them all at once when they could be of varying Lvs, CP, and skill themselves unless exploitation of badly designed skills, and mechanical issues *Animation Cancelling with macros* is used. I hope he at least showed in his videos how much CP he has, if he didnt, he may be B.Sing about the CP amount he has. That just pretty much flat out says their is something very wrong with the game, giving people more reason to quit or stay away from ESO.

Deal with the CP nerf, it was needed. Now they gotta fix animation cancelling and the Nightblade, then the game will be going in the right direction, instead of losing more and more players due to bad game design.

But please child, dont ever wave the "Skill" flag in a game like this, its not skill, its just knowledge of what to exploit and abuse to succeed. The game is far too unbalanced and broken at this time to be able to measure much in "skill".

Man, heh, was funny your post though, very funny, and very ignorant, gonna go out and grab some water and other drinks whew, throats dry from the laughing. Kids these days...hehe. Oh and

/golfclap

Nuff said.
    Edited by Alexandrious on October 6, 2015 11:23PM
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see that the Ancient Orc and Akaviri armor sets are a fair grind for those of us who would prefer to get them in game rather than run to the crown store. Still angry about the glass armor honestly but I'm happy to see that a different path is being taken with this DLC game patch. Also happy to see that we now have shield dying options.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Another question on the new grouping mechanics. Will it be possible to cross-faction group with specific players. For instance being able to group with specific guild mates from differing factions?

It's not clear from the patch notes whether this is possible - the way I read it appears that using the old grouping methods will not allow cross-faction.
    Not at this time, though it is something we're exploring for the future. With this implementation, cross-faction play is only available through the Grouping Tools.
    Please reconsider this! I have many cross-faction friends and it'd be great to be able to group up with the character's we're actively playing at the time rather than on various alts.
    Edited by Seri on October 7, 2015 1:23AM
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    vanzan wrote: »
    Why are you waiting for a new DLC to fix known issues in Imperial City? We have already paid for it and would have thought that those fixes should be put into the current live version?

^^^^This, a billion times this!!!!! My exact thoughts while reading these notes. So your going to post fixes for stuff that is currently broken that we have to PAY for...AGAIN? WTH is wrong with you ZoS? Stuff that can be used as exploits over the next month cause you can't release the fixes now? This is like a new all-time low for this company. Seriously. It's really bad customer relations on an epic scale.

One would think that the fixes are listed in the DLC side of the patch notes because a Non-DLC account won't have access to those fixes (since they don't have the Imperial City to patch). When the patch goes live the players that have already purchased Imperial City will get those fixes. Much the same way that the current game gets patched with a DLC side and a Base side.

I'm at work now so I can't verify if the IC fixes require you to purchase the DLC update or not, but I'll report my findings when I get home from work.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • HerrRhodes
    I've been playing from the beginning, and I can say with all honesty I actually like the way veteran ranks work, and I really hope that they do not remove veteran ranks but instead trying to create a joint veteran rank/champion point system
  • danny2096
    danny2096
    How can I access the PTS on the ps4
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

I didnt say 1500 did I? I said 1000+, and seen plenty of them, its honestly not that hard to get for the really hardcore who stuck with the game and utilized the early exploits and mistakes ZoS made to amass alot of CP before things got fixed and changed.

And I got more skill than you kiddo. If Sypher is taking on 6+ people "with ease" with just 300 odd CP, than hes obviously exploiting something thats horribly OP and unbalanced right now to go along with the animation macro cancelling problem.

Please dont B.S a 16+ year mmo veteran >.> No amount of skill can allow 1 player to take on 6 different players and beat them all at once when they could be of varying Lvs, CP, and skill themselves unless exploitation of badly designed skills, and mechanical issues *Animation Cancelling with macros* is used. I hope he at least showed in his videos how much CP he has, if he didnt, he may be B.Sing about the CP amount he has. That just pretty much flat out says their is something very wrong with the game, giving people more reason to quit or stay away from ESO.

Deal with the CP nerf, it was needed. Now they gotta fix animation cancelling and the Nightblade, then the game will be going in the right direction, instead of losing more and more players due to bad game design.

But please child, dont ever wave the "Skill" flag in a game like this, its not skill, its just knowledge of what to exploit and abuse to succeed. The game is far too unbalanced and broken at this time to be able to measure much in "skill".

Man, heh, was funny your post though, very funny, and very ignorant, gonna go out and grab some water and other drinks whew, throats dry from the laughing. Kids these days...hehe. Oh and

/golfclap

Nuff said.

He's right, you know. Just yesterday me, the Stamina Templar, and 3 others, two VR16s, one a DK and the other a NB himself, both Stam Based, and a lower VR Sorx, also Stam, all went to fight a VR16 Magicka NB.

He beat ALL of us at once, repeatedly, with ease. Lowest I got them to was 28% hp when they went back up to full in a single instance. Seems pretty *** no matter which side of the fence you're on.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Atzel
    Atzel
    ✭✭
    Racial Changes to Crown Store anytime ? That's the most wanted thing ever in this game , since it brings such a big imbalance ( both pvp and pve ).
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that if you already purchased the IC DLC you will NOT be required to purchase the Orsinium DLC to feel the effects of the IC patch coming in November.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    capcody wrote: »
    if this patch goes live. im done with the game. and im going to move onto something else to play.. pretty much what sums it up is. if u are a casual this patch is for u. if not then all your hard work put into it already over 500 cp well your fcked till the patch after this. no thanks. i dislike a game were your progress is blocked due to crybaby casuals.. if u invest time into the game then u should be more powereful. plz reconcider zos.
    1.5 was the best thing that ever happened to this game and ever will happen. These current changes are a modified version of 1.5 and I'm curious to test it. It showed strategy and skill are greater than farming out Champion Points for bad players to be rewarded for things they shouldn't this is a bad game model to follow.
    With the CP Cap and seasonal caps it allows old players to come back who left the game because of the reason I stated above, and brings a far greater challenge. I'm glad they are re-balancing the game in such a huge way, yes this should have been in from the start but I suppose the creators and developers of Champion System got the go ahead to make this system we all hate (apart from the grinders, right?).
    #MOREORBS
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

On the live stream you guys requested feedback on the scaling nodes in Orsinium and whether there should be random nodes with lower tier materials than what your aptitude says you should get. In short, no. These nodes should give you materials based on your aptitude. 100 % of the time. This makes the most sense going forward too. If you are looking for older materials then there are zones dedicated for that. It would be great if nodes in the new zones (including ones released after this DLC) scale to your aptitude 100% of the time.

Of course, that is just my opinion.
    Edited by Mulcibur on October 7, 2015 9:58AM