The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.0

• Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please... PLEASE rethink the CP cap entirely.

The whole CP system was created with it's own diminishing returns and scalability. Why ... WHY do you insist on adding a hard-cap to the only value that many players see as their only end-game pve benefit?

CP do not need a cap - they just need attention!

PLEASE rethink the cap - all you REALLY need to do is to use the tools it already has built into it. All it really needs is a heavier-handed DR system and the tweaks to the scale / speed at which they can be earned. Implement the scale changes you already have, weaken the values received for points spent across the board, and make the DR more stringent.

DO NOT CAP CP! FFS...
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that, of all the classes, Templar got the only class nerf. The wording is rather vague, but I am assuming this is a nerf~~~>"Mending: Slightly adjusted the bonus healing functionality for this passive, which will progressively scale up as your health decreases, up to a 10% healing bonus at low health."
    Edited by timidobserver on October 5, 2015 9:48PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will consoles have a lower CP cap since the console version hasn't been out as long and because console players did not start with ~70 CP?
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on October 5, 2015 9:58PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the 500 Cap means those grinders can stop and actually play the game.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will consoles have a lower CP cap since the console version hasn't been out as long and because console players did not start with ~70 CP?

Yep, consoles will have the same Champion Point cap. Remember, though, that the catch-up mechanic is going in at the same time, so you'll be able to earn Points faster up to a certain point.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting a 300 cap, but as long as there is a catch up mechanic, 500 works too.

The cap is VERY much needed. NOW, about the population imbalance in PVP...
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Re: Crafting Node Scaling

Does this also apply to the L15 solvent and L16 runes?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion System Updates
    We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent.
    • The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
      • If you don’t have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
      • If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could we have some numbers for this? It's currently 400,000 XP across the board; how will this be changing? Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, consoles will have the same Champion Point cap. Remember, though, that the catch-up mechanic is going in at the same time, so you'll be able to earn Points faster up to a certain point.

So @ZOS_GinaBruno is there any way you can let us know the XP rate per champion point? It's currently 400k flat per CP but how will that change? Could you possibly tell us how much it takes to earn a 1 CP at 1 CP, 100 CP, 200 CP etc up to the cap?

Also, fancy telling us what the new item sets are? Since the PTS has been delayed it would be nice to know! :).
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    "Argonian
    Amphibious: The swim speed bonus from this ability will now properly apply if you purchase the passive while swimming"

Wow thanks, that was much needed

What, are you trying to tell me you've never found yourself by the Aleswell farm lake trying to escape a bunch of people on your Argonian, after a respec, only to find you forgot to put the points back in to Amphibious?
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the level cap is that you have pretty much stuck it to some of your most dedicated players. You need to increase the diminishing returns, not completely strip players of their accomplishments. This implementation was poorly done by ZOS. Many people support this change because it helps them. The problem is you could have helped them without COMPLETELY eliminating what others have accomplished. Will ZOS be issuing a refund for XP scrolls purchased?
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    On consoles the power gap is significantly larger than PC when it comes down to CP. But a CP cap AND a catch up system will ruin the character progression idea of this game. I fear it will also promote even more zerging (if possible) because solo and small group players will most deffinently not be strong enough to take out a group of mindless light attacking archers and steel tornados.

This will appeal to casual players alot more thought. You know the ones that do not truely support the game but play every now and then so subbing isnt worth it. But I guess they outnumbered (zerging) the hardcore players on the forums and complained the most. I bet they still wont sub thought and you wil end up losing subs overall by alienating your hardcore players.

I have less than 200 cp and feel this is stupid. When this driops i will probably unsub.

• Kovaden
    Kovaden
    Whatever happened to The Dark Brotherhood?
  • Reilech
    Reilech
    ✭✭✭
    Kovaden wrote: »

This will be a later DLC, as announced.
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stream got me so excited. I can't wait for Orsinium :#

Some very positive changes in here. Thank you for:
    Cross faction dungeon groups
    LFG improvements
    Battle levelling taking attributes / gear into account.
    Loot drop
    CP catch up mechanic
    Guild store mails giving you information
    Crafting nodes for V16 stuff

From the stream:
    Hundings Rage equivalent for magicka users
    Solo Arena
    Pets not getting killed by blades in solo arena ( since we can't tell them to dodge :p )

Agree with @ThatNeonZebraAgain , that it would be nice to have another way to obtain the Akiviri crafting motif.

Also agree with @Garion about set stats being included. Would be nice to see some numbers :smile:
    Edited by angelyn on October 5, 2015 10:26PM
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Another question on the new grouping mechanics. Will it be possible to cross-faction group with specific players. For instance being able to group with specific guild mates from differing factions?

It's not clear from the patch notes whether this is possible - the way I read it appears that using the old grouping methods will not allow cross-faction.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank thank thank you you you. Finally a DLC i can spend huge amount of cash on:):)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I read that this patch/DLC would contain new uses for Alliance Points. I didn't see anything in these patch notes.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kovaden wrote: »

That will either be the next DLC or the one after. So, by the schedule, February or May.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown Store
    General
    • The Crown Store will now able to display Limited Time Offers.
    • Announcements for featured Crown Store items will now display upon login, and will only reappear when the featured section has changed if the prompt is dismissed.
      • Note: These will only appear once per account, not each time you log into a new character.

Hrmmmm, not sure how I feel about this :/
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP cap change is for the long term health of the game. Just because someone grinds all day to gain a huge advantage over others doesnt make them ZOS's most dedicated players. I assume that was a joke. I play more than most but i dont grind. I dont grind for lvls and i dont grind for CP. I have 376 cp.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much. These are great changes, especially the cp cap and catchup

Soulac wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are willows path and champion passives affecting drink buffs fixed with the coming dlc?

I want to know this aswell, did not see any fix for it in the notes. Are you guys aware of this bug?

PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 cp cap? Why so low ffs. At least up it to 600 so I can spend 200 points per tree..
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    I thought I read that this patch/DLC would contain new uses for Alliance Points. I didn't see anything in these patch notes.

bG5AxGC.png
  • djlucas69
    djlucas69
    Soul Shriven
    I like the controller support (FINALLY) and the subtitle options, but how do I turn subtitles on?? I cannot find it under settings: Video or Gameplay (or anywhere else)
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No changes to enlighted? It becames really useless if you just need 100k per cp :D
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I could use some clarification on this please.
    Groups formed for dungeons will always be teleported directly to the dungeon once formed, and will always be scaled to a level ceiling.
    While everyone will be scaled up to VR15, you will always get loot drops appropriate for your level. For example, if you are VR2, you will still get VR2 loot drops.
    Groups may still be formed as normal. If any group formed normally within the game world enters a dungeon, it will follow normal dungeon rules. Groups formed via the Grouping Tool operate differently to ensure a rapid cadence of group formation.
    Are you saying that if you use the grouping tool you scale to the group leader? Does that mean if you group normally you don't?

Thanks
    Edited by Stalwart385 on October 5, 2015 11:28PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djlucas69 wrote: »
    I like the controller support (FINALLY) and the subtitle options, but how do I turn subtitles on?? I cannot find it under settings: Video or Gameplay (or anywhere else)
    @djlucas69 It will be under Audio Settings, but the PTS is still offline, so there's nowhere to find it yet anyway.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    WebBull wrote: »

bG5AxGC.png

Of the things mentioned in the patch notes, this disappoints me the most. It's not a dynamic or truly useful way to spend AP -- it doesn't help the Alliance War or combat against other players. It comes across as a "throw the people with tons of AP a bone" rather than an interesting way to tie the motif into the game world or to crafting like they did with Ancient Orc. I'm fine with it staying, however, so long as they give us another way to get it outside of AP, such as from Cyrodiil bosses or delves. Also, why not in Craglorn? That is where the style is already available in some gear sets...
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on October 6, 2015 12:34AM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are saying that earning 100 CP a month is the expected growth rate? Consoles have had 3 less months to earn CP and did not start with any for being at level cap when they were released. Comparatively the growth rate is 63 CP per month for PC, or 54 if you include the starting amount for being at level cap.