The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.0

• Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    It actually kind of offends me to see any kind of talk about the next DLC when the FIRST DLC is STILL such a gong show. Fix what needs fixing first
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    The problem with the level cap is that you have pretty much stuck it to some of your most dedicated players. You need to increase the diminishing returns, not completely strip players of their accomplishments. This implementation was poorly done by ZOS. Many people support this change because it helps them. The problem is you could have helped them without COMPLETELY eliminating what others have accomplished. Will ZOS be issuing a refund for XP scrolls purchased?

Dude your Champion points aren't disappearing, you can only put a certain amount in, but you'll still have all the points you've earned, you just wont be able to spend them until they increase the cap. This will prevent HUGE stat differences that basically make you god.
  • Gelassenheit
    Gelassenheit
    ✭✭
    Is there some massive damage nerf that I am missing?

My puncturing sweeps have gone from 5.2k crits (in current live patch) down to 2.7k crits (in this iteration of the PTS) using the exact same gear & skill set ups. I've tested on a large variety of mobs, and I get the exact same results.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My puncturing sweeps have gone from 5.2k crits (in current live patch) down to 2.7k crits (in this iteration of the PTS) using the exact same gear & skill set ups. I've tested on a large variety of mobs, and I get the exact same results.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2324076#Comment_2324076
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Gelassenheit
    Gelassenheit
    ✭✭

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2324076#Comment_2324076

Thank you! Doing vet Maelstrom arena was.. rather difficult doing half damage!
  • platinumdubs
    platinumdubs
    Soul Shriven
    The problem with the level cap is that you have pretty much stuck it to some of your most dedicated players. You need to increase the diminishing returns, not completely strip players of their accomplishments. This implementation was poorly done by ZOS. Many people support this change because it helps them. The problem is you could have helped them without COMPLETELY eliminating what others have accomplished. Will ZOS be issuing a refund for XP scrolls purchased?
    capcody wrote: »
    if this patch goes live. im done with the game. and im going to move onto something else to play.. pretty much what sums it up is. if u are a casual this patch is for u. if not then all your hard work put into it already over 500 cp well your fcked till the patch after this. no thanks. i dislike a game were your progress is blocked due to crybaby casuals.. if u invest time into the game then u should be more powereful. plz reconcider zos.

lol sounds like alot of crying im on console and have alot of cp already and im cool with the cap suck it up buttercup no one cares about you crying
  • M3mn0ch_1987
    Are our beams gettig fixed? Thats one of the more annoying glitches when your a healer / trying to progress through quests. I dont see any mention of it here.
  • ThanatosLex
    ThanatosLex
    ✭✭
    Nobody cares about the fact that someone was crying, but when players will disturb subscription, that's someone might be interested.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody cares about the fact that someone was crying, but when players will disturb subscription, that's someone might be interested.

I'm dropping my subscription this weekend.... IC is not worth it for anyone trying to solo play/small group play (2-4 friends). Once you get through the gold material... its either game over or start a new toon. I hate pvp (boring, repetitious) and dungeons get old and/or you can't beat the vet dungeons with no tank (i dropped tanking and can hardly find tanks on ps4) and you can't get the best gear if you don't pvp as well as run dungeons. I won't do pve and pvp... who the hell has time to go deep into both of these? jobless, single people i guess...

i hope they enjoy losing money because of this dlc. I can't be the only casual player dropping because of this update.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm dropping my subscription this weekend.... IC is not worth it for anyone trying to solo play/small group play (2-4 friends). Once you get through the gold material... its either game over or start a new toon. I hate pvp (boring, repetitious) and dungeons get old and/or you can't beat the vet dungeons with no tank (i dropped tanking and can hardly find tanks on ps4) and you can't get the best gear if you don't pvp as well as run dungeons. I won't do pve and pvp... who the hell has time to go deep into both of these? jobless, single people i guess...

i hope they enjoy losing money because of this dlc. I can't be the only casual player dropping because of this update.

If you're dropping your sub because of IC, why have you posted this in the Orsinium patch notes thread? It sounds to me like Orsinium is exactly what you need to keep playing; it has the solo/small group play that IC doesn't, it has no PvP, there's no new vet dungeons.
    Edited by Enodoc on October 9, 2015 3:03PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

If you're dropping your sub because of IC, why have you posted this in the Orsinium patch notes thread? It sounds to me like Orsinium is exactly what you need to keep playing; it has the solo/small group play that IC doesn't, it has no PvP, there's no new vet dungeons.

My bad!
    I replied to the wrong post... but yes... i WILL be actually buying this dlc.

ignore my previous comment :wink:
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Not happy that Akaviri style/mat can only be obtained from siege merchants via AP. Give us another way to get it outside of AP, such as from Cyrodiil bosses or delves. Also, why not in Craglorn? That is where the style is already available in some gear sets...

U are joking right? U know that ALL sets/motifs for now are mainly possible to get only through PVE? Why should pveers be able to get every single item or style their way..
    I like that it will be PvP based, there should be more things like it. - I have to PVE to get many many items in the game, and I am a PvPer. I dont understand why PvEers should be privileged and just get handed all things they desire in PvE.

If I have to PvE for majority of items, I really cant see anything bad if you will have to PvP for some others. And we r talking just cosmetics here, and you are already complaining... I would like to see more good sets only purchasable with AP in the future too.

And if you dont want to PvP then bad luck, but even then you will just have to wait a bit and items will appear in guild stores, so even if you stick to PvE you will still be able to own them in the end..

As someone who is almost exclusively a PvE player, I am extremely happy to see a motif set that is obtained through PvP activities. I think that everyone's preferred gaming style should be rewarded at some point (especially when those rewards are tradable with others who dislike that particular playstyle). It may take us PvE players a little longer to get this particular motif, but PvP players seem to have gotten the short end of the stick as far as rewards go for awhile now (e.g., a lot of dungeon sets are bind on pickup instead of bind on equip, but PvP sets are tradable). I for one, hope that the devs continue to diversify how desirable items are obtained...It makes it so there is something for everyone.

Also, I don't recall people complaining about the Xivkyn motif, which is only obtainable in the IC. The only way a non-PvP player can get this style is to either go to the IC and PvP or purchase from guild traders. Akaviri is no different in this regard.
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno With this game patch, the skill points, CP Points and campaigns will be restarted?

Thanks!
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Please... PLEASE rethink the CP cap entirely.

The whole CP system was created with it's own diminishing returns and scalability. Why ... WHY do you insist on adding a hard-cap to the only value that many players see as their only post-story pve benefit?

CP do not need a cap - they just need attention!

PLEASE rethink the cap - all you REALLY need to do is to use the tools it already has built into it. All it really needs is a heavier-handed DR system and the tweaks to the scale / speed at which they can be earned. Implement the scale changes you already have, weaken the values received for points spent across the board, and make the DR more stringent.

DO NOT CAP CP! FFS...

Fixed.

To both of the quotes above keep in mind the cap is temporary as per the catch-up system Zenimax is providing and that any additional CP earned above 501 is not lost. For those with more than 501 CP when they raise the cap you can spend those pretty much immediately once it is up to the new cap.
    Gunphu wrote: »
    On consoles the power gap is significantly larger than PC when it comes down to CP. But a CP cap AND a catch up system will ruin the character progression idea of this game. I fear it will also promote even more zerging (if possible) because solo and small group players will most deffinently not be strong enough to take out a group of mindless light attacking archers and steel tornados.

This will appeal to casual players alot more thought. You know the ones that do not truely support the game but play every now and then so subbing isnt worth it. But I guess they outnumbered (zerging) the hardcore players on the forums and complained the most. I bet they still wont sub thought and you wil end up losing subs overall by alienating your hardcore players.

I have less than 200 cp and feel this is stupid. When this driops i will probably unsub.

No one is meant to be able to effortlessly hold off a group of players by their self. Those that were and no longer can are simply suffering from power trip withdrawal.
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Please... PLEASE rethink the CP cap entirely.

The whole CP system was created with it's own diminishing returns and scalability. Why ... WHY do you insist on adding a hard-cap to the only value that many players see as their only post-story pve benefit?

CP do not need a cap - they just need attention!

PLEASE rethink the cap - all you REALLY need to do is to use the tools it already has built into it. All it really needs is a heavier-handed DR system and the tweaks to the scale / speed at which they can be earned. Implement the scale changes you already have, weaken the values received for points spent across the board, and make the DR more stringent.

DO NOT CAP CP! FFS...

Fixed.

To both of the quotes above keep in mind the cap is temporary as per the catch-up system Zenimax is providing and that any additional CP earned above 501 is not lost. For those with more than 501 CP when they raise the cap you can spend those pretty much immediately once it is up to the new cap.
    Gunphu wrote: »
    On consoles the power gap is significantly larger than PC when it comes down to CP. But a CP cap AND a catch up system will ruin the character progression idea of this game. I fear it will also promote even more zerging (if possible) because solo and small group players will most deffinently not be strong enough to take out a group of mindless light attacking archers and steel tornados.

This will appeal to casual players alot more thought. You know the ones that do not truely support the game but play every now and then so subbing isnt worth it. But I guess they outnumbered (zerging) the hardcore players on the forums and complained the most. I bet they still wont sub thought and you wil end up losing subs overall by alienating your hardcore players.

I have less than 200 cp and feel this is stupid. When this driops i will probably unsub.

No one is meant to be able to effortlessly hold off a group of players by their self. Those that were and no longer can are simply suffering from power trip withdrawal.
    Kerioko wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES - DLC GAME PACK

Crafting Node Scaling
    • Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
      • For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
      • If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
    • Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
    • Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, So on my V1 Alt Master Crafter, I will be getting V16 mats and V16 hide from animals. But on my V16 main (which I use to gather mats) I will be getting all LVL 1 mats since I don't have any skill points to put into crafting.

Basically what your saying is I need to level all my crafting on all my alts to get useful mats. I feel sorry for those people that skipped content on alts and grinded them to V16 and have very limited skill points! No useful mats for you!

Would make more since if you looted stuff in your LVL range and not based on your crafting level. This would help ensure that "Everyone gets mats that are useful to their character!"

Actually it is still easy to get what you need. Since you are battle-leveled in Wrothgar and Cyrodiil enemies are not that big a deal and the Cloth, Ore, and Wood Nodes are not level-dependant but crafting level-dependant. As for hides, honestly Clothing is the easiest of the 3 to raise and it should not take too much time and effort to get your VR16 to 50 Clothing, and this of course is assuming being a low-level master crafter does not make the hides scale to your level instead of Clothing level. Either way, not a big deal in my book.
    vanzan wrote: »
    Why are you waiting for a new DLC to fix known issues in Imperial City? We have already paid for it and would have thought that those fixes should be put into the current live version?

Keep in mind the fact that the Orsinium DLC is launching far sooner than a quarter after Imperial City and therefore does not really qualify as "waiting that long". If it was coming 3 months after instead of like 1 then they would likely release the fix at that 1-month time anyway.
    ekobmx wrote: »
    CP Cap should be 900, why have the spend 300 CP in each tree Achievement if we cant even do it?

You can always redistribute your points. It may cost 3k to do so each time but it isn't non-doable.
    Mmmmm no trials? are you guys planning to loose even the pve'rs ?

If you watch the Orsinium special from the 5th you will learn they do plan to add a trial in a later update.
    Sadly, they haven't reverted back the "no stamina regen while blocking" disaster. Hopefully, they will soon.
    Heven't played much eso since they made tanking so boring with that mistake of an update.

They did it to balance out people endlessly blocking while casting, so it wasn't a mistake and I wouldn't expect them to take it back anytime ever if I were you.
    capcody wrote: »
    if this patch goes live. im done with the game. and im going to move onto something else to play.. pretty much what sums it up is. if u are a casual this patch is for u. if not then all your hard work put into it already over 500 cp well your fcked till the patch after this. no thanks. i dislike a game were your progress is blocked due to crybaby casuals.. if u invest time into the game then u should be more powereful. plz reconcider zos.

Sounds more like you're the crybaby here and enjoy power trips. A prime example of why the cap is in place (the power trip that is lol). Nothing wrong with giving people time to catch up when so many people abuse rubberbanding and have PC transfer characters with large amounts of CP. Can't really speak for PC but those 2 reasons alone make the cap more than welcome to many on console.
    mcurley wrote: »

Battle Leveling Updates
    Instead of every battle leveled character having the exact same stats, you will now be able to mold a battle leveled character however you choose.
    • Battle leveling now takes into account how you have allocated your attribute points.
    • Items matter!
      • Having stronger items means your battle leveled stats will be stronger. For example, equipping a purple level 34 sword will give more damage than a green level 34 sword.
      • Running around naked in Cyrodiil is no longer advisable. Lower-level player characters will be given bonus stats to help make up for the lack of optimized gear, skills, and passive abilities. The bonus will scale to your level, so lower-level player characters will receive a larger bonus.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you please be more clear on the bolded section. Will item level affect damage/armor of items while battle leveled now?

For instance... will a lvl 34 sword be stronger than a lvl 32 sword?

If so, will the scaling mentioned in the italics scale say... a golden lvl 10 weapon to be of equal power to a golden lvl 48 weapon?

It's great that you are allowing items to matter now but please please please think of how this will effect the majority of players who can not afford to have new golden armor made every few levels.

It is likely that the bonus underleveled players get will make it so higher level gear are not stronger. If that statement I just made is correct then all that truly matters when battle-leveled is quality.
    If ZOS wanted a cap on CP, they should have stated this when they instated the system to begin with. Many people have spent time powering up their characters, and are now stripped of the hours, days, weeks of time they have put into the game. This very dissapointing, and extremely discouraging to the most loyal fans of the game.

Why not just create a campaign that limits CP, and have some campaigns with CP caps and some without them??? Doesn't that seem like the most logical solution?

They do plan to add Cyrodiil Campaigns that ignore CP usage. When is when they can lol
    gibous wrote: »
    I'm really not understanding the Champion System. It seemed that it was created to allow for further character progression at post-story game - with the understanding that instituting such a system would create the opportunity for a wide power gap between the people that grind / play the most - and the people that don't grind or simply don't play as often. There is no way this could not have been considered from the outset as you will always have people wanting to min-max for the highest possible stats given the chance to do so.

If the intent of the Champion System is to allow for greater build diversity - which I think is a good idea, then why not just give everyone 1800 CP straight away - keeping that number as the final cap out of the possible 3600 spendable points? This way there are choices to be made with tradeoffs. If there's a cap that is slowly raised, combined with a catch-up mechanic, you will effectively have lots of people in roughly the same ballpark of points - so why even bother doing that? Also, thinking about the long-term - when the cap reaches its inevitable final destination of 3600 points - everyone just gets to max-out the system? Is this just some really, really long winding road back to patch 1.5?

Fixed, and yes they expected the Champion System to eventually require a catch-up mechanic be needed but didn't expect it to need it so soon. Also if they just "gave away" CPs it would defeat the purpose of the vertical progression it utilizes.
    tst wrote: »
    maybe make it so the CP cap isn't active in PVE have the CP cap just for pvp area's... add a tab where u can set your pvp CP and a tab for PVE CP then every now and then increase the limit for the PVP tree as time progresses.. so when I enter cyrodil it auto activates my PVP CP tree. I know that what I want for pvp as far as champion points go is different than what I want in PVE.

just a thought

and maybe the champion point cap is also active in any PVE events with rankings like trials and such

No this cap caters to PvEers as well to promote multiplayer ventures. Why bother grouping when someone has so many CPs they can solo everything in the game? Cyrodiil will get a campaign that ignores CP eventually as I stated on a previous quote but PvP isn't the only thing that needs the cap.
    So we can dye our shields now, but still not our weapons?

God damn it lol

Zenimax stated in a previous ESO Live they have no plans to add Weapon Dying. Chances are they may never do it.
    @code65536

The reason I and many other players spent time grinding CP, is because ZOS set up a system that promoted it with the champion point system. A system that allowed for further end game progression of ones character. So yes, they are stripping us from what we have earned under a system they promoted. It is a violation of fiduciary trust and loyalty to their most diehard fans.

There are plenty of other ways to change the system to make it more equitable for the casual player aside from stripping us from what we have earned. You could have one cp capped monthly campiagn (the rest should still be uncapped), and/or reduce the amount of XP needed for the first few hundred CP.

However, not having a method of continuing progress in the game, and making everyone equally powerful, are counter intuitive to a true MMO environment. Also, I can bet that many of you posting on here that support the capped CP, will change your minds in a few months when you approach the cap, and come to realize that all the PVE you do is pretty much now worthless since the XP you earn will do next to nothing.

Power tripper much?
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    vanzan wrote: »
    Why are you waiting for a new DLC to fix known issues in Imperial City? We have already paid for it and would have thought that those fixes should be put into the current live version?

^^^^This, a billion times this!!!!! My exact thoughts while reading these notes. So your going to post fixes for stuff that is currently broken that we have to PAY for...AGAIN? WTH is wrong with you ZoS? Stuff that can be used as exploits over the next month cause you can't release the fixes now? This is like a new all-time low for this company. Seriously. It's really bad customer relations on an epic scale.

You have clearly misunderstood the point of patch notes.

Everytime a DLC is added to the game players that purchase said DLC or have an active ESO Plus membership gain access to the DLC area. However, the DLC purchase is not what adds the area and contents to the game for each player. When the DLC is added a base-game patch is downloaded by all players that installs what we see in these patch notes into our games. In short you get the fixes regardless of whether you buy the DLC or not.
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Some would dispute that running around the Scar in Craglorn with an OP Sorc build for hours on end, or using one of the mny XP exploits amount to an accomplishment.

It is not the method of accomplishment that matters in this instance, it's the accomplishment. The accomplishment being CP. Do I agree that you should get so much XP from grinding? No, but that was the environment. It's like a boss saying, if you do x (work/grind) you will get y (CP/bonus). People were given an expectation by ZOS. Now ZOS is saying they wont give people their bonus. Its irrelevant if the person was flipping burgers and doesn't deserve a huge bonus, or starts a multi-million dollar company and does deserve the bonus.

If people had spent a ton of time getting VR14/16 gear and then VR18 was introduced, thats fine. The work people did becomes irrelevant. But in that case, people knew that eventually ZOS would come out with VR18 gear. In this instance, people were just playing within the system and they expected to be able to keep the CP - that's way they did it. They dedicated themselves to the game and are now having that taken away.

You need to understand, I fully agree that CP needs to be balanced. The system is way too powerful. BUT.. you should not be completely nullifying the work (i.e. accomplishment) that people have gained. You can accomplish balancing CP power in a different way.. (e.g. make the system less powerful and increase the diminishing returns). You can also, for example, immediately give new VR1's a 100 CP.

You are also losing the idea of constant progression. I find it fun to know that I am constantly progressing - even if it's very very small.

It would have been fine to introduce the system with a cap. But you can't put a cap after people have put in the work. It's like taking someone's bonus away. Not cool. There are other solutions.

However, this is a temporary cap and will be raised later on so you're hard-earned CP are not pointless.
    m1ck10v1n wrote: »
    It's a shame that nightblades are not being nerfed...

Begone, troll.
    zornyan wrote: »
    gibous wrote: »

Why? Cuz its kinda B.S when someone with 1000+ CP waltzes around and with a skip and a hop, tanks 5-10 players all wailing on him and his health never goes down, then when he gets tired, he just runs away and cannot be stopped at all.

There's only a few guys out there with 1k+ CP. Institute a cap on an entire progression system because of like 3-4 people? LOL. Get some PVP friends and focus them down. Or don't engage if you feel you'll get rekt by them.

Also you sure you're not talking about an emperor?

Only a few? Hehehe...hahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Er he's right, only 2 people have hit 1500cp in the gsme, and less than 6 had over 1k. That's from ZOS themselves

Also how do you think they earn this many cp's ? By grinding and working on their character right? Well guess what, that means they haven't actually been in pvp as they've been grinding in pve!

Also look at players like sypher, he has 300 odd cp and there's videos of him taking down 6+ people with ease . Don't blame cp's for your lack of skill

I didnt say 1500 did I? I said 1000+, and seen plenty of them, its honestly not that hard to get for the really hardcore who stuck with the game and utilized the early exploits and mistakes ZoS made to amass alot of CP before things got fixed and changed.

And I got more skill than you kiddo. If Sypher is taking on 6+ people "with ease" with just 300 odd CP, than hes obviously exploiting something thats horribly OP and unbalanced right now to go along with the animation macro cancelling problem.

Please dont B.S a 16+ year mmo veteran >.> No amount of skill can allow 1 player to take on 6 different players and beat them all at once when they could be of varying Lvs, CP, and skill themselves unless exploitation of badly designed skills, and mechanical issues *Animation Cancelling with macros* is used. I hope he at least showed in his videos how much CP he has, if he didnt, he may be B.Sing about the CP amount he has. That just pretty much flat out says their is something very wrong with the game, giving people more reason to quit or stay away from ESO.

Deal with the CP nerf, it was needed. Now they gotta fix animation cancelling and the Nightblade, then the game will be going in the right direction, instead of losing more and more players due to bad game design.

But please child, dont ever wave the "Skill" flag in a game like this, its not skill, its just knowledge of what to exploit and abuse to succeed. The game is far too unbalanced and broken at this time to be able to measure much in "skill".

Man, heh, was funny your post though, very funny, and very ignorant, gonna go out and grab some water and other drinks whew, throats dry from the laughing. Kids these days...hehe. Oh and

/golfclap

Nuff said.

Sounds like someone admits to being an abuser of exploits. Believe it or not skill is involved in this game and those that have to abuse exploits clearly have none.

'nuff said.
    Not happy that Akaviri style/mat can only be obtained from siege merchants via AP[/b]. Give us another way to get it outside of AP...

Agreed.... A lot of people don't do any pvp... (I have many friends on ps4 and very few of them do pvp - elder scrolls games have never been that way anyway)
    It's very frustrating to be FORCED to do pvp to earn some of the best gear. This includes the IC DLC. (it wouldn't be so bad if everything didn't cost 250k AP)
    I understand that this patch is meant to be more "solo friendly"... but i guess i have to wait and see.

It seems like the order of things in this game is...
    1. do pve and dungeons until you get into vet ranks using crafted gear.
    2. focus more on pvp for certain gear (ap rewards and chests)
    3. go back to do dungeons with the good pvp gear so you can get the good pve gear to complete a build.

I know they want people to get into all options of the game... but i (like many others) have zero interest in pvp.

Please make more post-story content available for the non-pvp crowd.

Fixed. There is no such thing as end-game in an MMORPG, you know.
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Another question on the new grouping mechanics. Will it be possible to cross-faction group with specific players. For instance being able to group with specific guild mates from differing factions?

It's not clear from the patch notes whether this is possible - the way I read it appears that using the old grouping methods will not allow cross-faction.
    Not at this time, though it is something we're exploring for the future. With this implementation, cross-faction play is only available through the Grouping Tools.

juan0316 wrote: »
    Soulac wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are willows path and champion passives affecting drink buffs fixed with the coming dlc?

I want to know this aswell, did not see any fix for it in the notes. Are you guys aware of this bug?
    We are aware of that bug, but just haven't gotten it fixed yet.

[*] White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
    • Decreased the interaction time on the Inhibitor Pinion.

Does anyone understand what that means / implies in terms of strategy for that boss and could take a few minutes to explain ? I don't figure it out...
    Basically, the Pinion used to have (well, still has on Live) an interaction time of one second before it would activate and the boss would put his focus on you. In this update, we'll be reducing that time.

u can group with complete strangers in another alliance but not with your friends? /slowclap well done :(

There is honestly no reason to add specific player finding to group tools though. If you know their username just invite them into a group by name. If they are on your friends list invite them from there.
    TRoclodyte wrote: »
    I think motif materials should be revisited. I don't even mind that Akaviri style will cost more than 4 millions AP, or that glass motif takes so long to grind through writs (ok, maybe I mind a bit).

But why do the stones to craft them have to be so expensive?

If I successfully gathered 4,3 millions AP for the Akaviri style, I shouldn't have to grind 50,000 AP every time I want to craft one single piece.
    If I successfully acquired all the glass motif, I shouldn't have to look for 15 treasure chests, hoping to get 10 malachite shards, just to craft one piece.
    If I successfully learned the dwemer motif, I shouldn't have to grind dwemer ruins to get 10 scraps just to craft one piece.

IMHO, this is ridiculous. I love making myself different looking gear even if I won't use them in combat, just to parade them around or roleplay with. Why do all new styles have to be made from gathering 10 "something"?

Akaviri style should require only one piece, and maybe increase its price to 10k AP since 5k is pretty low.
    Glass style should require only one malachite shard.
    Dwemer style should require only one dwemer scrap.
    And I'm not talking about Xyvkin because I did not see what it takes to craft it, but seeing the thrend here, I'm thinking it's similar.

It may be just me, but I think better gear should be harder to obtain, not different looking gear.

You'd be surprised how much people care about cosmetics. This is also a good sinkhole for those with tons of AP and nothing to spend it on.

ill explain to you carefully.

This game at its current time, is 10 percent skill, 40 percent your stats, 30 percent the class/skills exploited and utilized, and 20 percent the latency you have.

So yes, skill has, some, involvement, but not very much. In Cyrodiil its all about the zerg, or the ping you currently have, or how much CP and gear you have over the other players, as well as the FoTM class and the skills you use, such as a DK Bow user going completely against whats supposed to be the tanky core of his class, which atm is broken to all hell atm, to instead become a glass cannon capable of 18k heavy attacks with macroed in attacks that can almost instantly in under a second, follow up that heavy attack with 8-16k more dmg, instantly killing 98 percent of players. Or Sorcs who seem to be able to chain stun all day completely ignoring CC DR, or Nightblades who can tank 5-6 players and roll/cloak around unable to be killed while utilizing macros to kill a actual TANK in seconds, due to CP imbalance and the macro use. And its assured, that all these players who post these videos trying to show how badass they are, are using Macros to perfectly do what they are doing, because their is no way, no how, due to ping latency, constant movement, and how timing of input would never, ever match so perfectly every single use, that they are pulling it off manually without macro use.

In IC its more primarily focused on CP and your Class and selected Skills, moreso though for the CP.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on October 10, 2015 11:32AM
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you fix the game breaking issues on console before you try and pump out more dlc? Like the guild bank issues? Eso plus being charged multiple times each month. Or the guild stores not showing prices until you select each item. Seriously these are game breaking and the economy has been in free fall. I've seen hundreds of players just stop playing because of these. You are ruining this game. Get your act together.
  • Sacred-G
    Sacred-G
    What about our missing Sorc "Beams" on PS4? Resto staff, force pulse, shock staff, atronach, fishing line... all MIA. I feel like significantly less of a bad @ss shooting enemies with imaginary beams. I hope you are gonna fix this glaring issue.

Also, the Tank Stamina debacle? Tanks can't regen stamina when blocking, and thus can't effectively tank? I was just about to start a new Tank build, but as of now, what's the point?

Lastly, when are you gonna fix the issue of trader bids showing up in the guild history? I've seen threads on here that are over a year old where the devs say they are aware of the problem and a solution will come shortly. Seems like an easy fix to give GM's control of the permissions that allow people to see the bank. As a GM myself, I am all for transparency, but this system is just turning guilds against each other and causing spies to infiltrate guilds with the motive of gathering intel about bidding.

Sorry for three negatives in a row, I just wanna finish on a positive note by pointing out that I love the game and all of the great DLC so far. I understand the game is an ongoing work in progress, and I just want to offer a bit of constructive criticism on how the game might be improved.
    >PSN Gamertag: SacredG
    >Guildmaster of "Kronic of the Divines".
    >APPLY AT: http://kronicofthedivines.gamerlaunch.com

• m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NON PTS -- TEMPLAR NERF

Templar is again, as it was early in game release, over nerfed (NUKED). Puncturing sweep is as weak as water in normal areas not just a PTS bug .

I play this game to enjoy it and to take a break from real life. I don't play it to be frustrated with every new patch, update or maintance. I work hard, I have a family and this game is " supposed" to be my relaxing time.

Well, I can barely play my v16 that I have had since beta because of the nerfs and stamina regeneration - so I don't tank it anymore and it's lousy for dps. Dk got ruine a while back - the leader boards show very few DK's making the cut.

This current v14 templar, all magicka, has now been nerfed and I will not play it anymore because i don't have the luxury of time to get used to it. It only frustrates me to fumble around with this modified version.

So i guess if my Night Blade is ok - I will play it until u nerf it too.

This game is waaayyy to far in to STILL be Tweeking characters. MMO's change but usually its additions, new categories, repair broken game play, etc - not nerfing customer's characters at this late stage.

But whats one more frustrated player right?.

Development gets input from PTS and public players with their websites and assume we all feel that way. They let the public know they have a leg up on information and input.

My job is not to play this game 24/7 and get paid to do it. So, the normal game player is going to have a different experience and perspective on the game.

Maybe Zen could start listening to the average player that has been saying since beta ---- LEAVE our Characters ALONE PLEASE!
    Edited by m12d12_ESO on October 11, 2015 4:51AM
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacred-G wrote: »
    What about our missing Sorc "Beams" on PS4? Resto staff, force pulse, shock staff, atronach, fishing line... all MIA. I feel like significantly less of a bad @ss shooting enemies with imaginary beams. I hope you are gonna fix this glaring issue.

Also, the Tank Stamina debacle? Tanks can't regen stamina when blocking, and thus can't effectively tank? I was just about to start a new Tank build, but as of now, what's the point?

Lastly, when are you gonna fix the issue of trader bids showing up in the guild history? I've seen threads on here that are over a year old where the devs say they are aware of the problem and a solution will come shortly. Seems like an easy fix to give GM's control of the permissions that allow people to see the bank. As a GM myself, I am all for transparency, but this system is just turning guilds against each other and causing spies to infiltrate guilds with the motive of gathering intel about bidding.

Sorry for three negatives in a row, I just wanna finish on a positive note by pointing out that I love the game and all of the great DLC so far. I understand the game is an ongoing work in progress, and I just want to offer a bit of constructive criticism on how the game might be improved.
    A few points.

You must be on sonsole if you're talking about beams missing. Keep in mind that console will get their first patch mid October after your launch, therefore a fix is coming your way.

Second the tank regeneration for stamina debate has since passed. in PC, people learned to adapt and its business as usual. It's a L2P issue.

And these concerns should be in another thread and not here.
  • Dezaker_Zyro
    Isbilen wrote: »
    Even though I would have liked to see some balance changes, these seem like some good and welcomed changes. My favorite addition has to be the CP cap, 500 points sounds just right tbh.

Also: first!

Balance changes would have been glorious.

I would like to see some form of soft caps returning. I wasn't too thrilled when that changed as it destroyed playstyles.

P.S. Add the ability for Alchemist to craft usable poisons.
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    New templates today ?? please say yes, please say yes
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6GB sound patch again? *sigh*
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    6GB sound patch again? *sigh*

Maybe . It was needed though since there were quite a few missing and placeholder sound and dialogue bits in the last version.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City
    General

Item Sets
    • Molag Kena: Fixed an issue where this item set’s ability was increasing the cost of Sprint, Roll Dodge, Sneak, and other mechanical effects instead of just normal skill abilities.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Does this include ultimate abilities?
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • o_Skellington_o
    When will you make guild banks auto stack deposits like personal banks! Get on it!
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Are we there yet? >:)
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU