Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
tumblr_inline_mojevvVoif1qz4rgp.gif

Sorcerer Magicka based builds are still completely worthless. We've receive no needed changes promised by Developers. On top of this you dramatically nerfed our one redeeming damage ability...based of Dragon Knights crying in pvp....

Currently Sorcerers are forced to use the Daedric pets...whether you want to or not. As without them out dps for Magicka based builds is [snip] horrible. The one redeeming dps ability we had going for us "Crushing Shock"....now has it's damage nerfed into the ground... Even though it barely damages in pvp...

Needless to say ZoS. You need to fix Sorcerer damage with magicka builds asap. If I am forced to reroll or respec to a stamina based build. Don't dough that I'll simply drop this game like a rock. Players didn't work their butts off, to be stepped on. Meanwhile you listen to a vocal minority and ruin the game.

Get it together and fix this...this isn't a request or a suggestion anymore. You beta tested the game on pc players for almost a year now. As if we weren't crapped on enough...If Sorcerers aren't fixed properly by 1.6 live release...then peace. I'm done paying for a game, where the few crying out loud...out weigh the many.
Daedric Summoning
Summon Storm Atronach: Fixed an issue where this ability was only scaling off your magicka stats, but not your stamina stats. It will now correctly pick the largest value.
Dark Magic
Exploitation: Removed the graphical effects from this passive due to it being too difficult to notice and causing performance issues
Destruction Staff
Decreased the damage of Force Shock and Crushing Shock by 10%.
Elemental Ring (Impulse morph): Fixed an issue with the tooltip not displaying the appropriate duration for the damage over time.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note, it appears that the other morph for Crushing Shock, Force Pulse, also has reduced damage. It's identical to the base skill. However, it may increase as it levels -- I only have it at rank 1.

As for overall sorc PvE DPS play, welcome to the ToggleMancer class! Three toggles, two actives and very, very little to actually do in a fight :)
    Edited by Snit on February 10, 2015 11:49PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Snit wrote: »
    Note, it appears that the other morph for Crushing Shock, Force Pulse, also has reduced damage. It's identical to the base skill. However, it may increase as it levels -- I only have it at rank 1.

As for overall sorc PvE DPS play, welcome to the ToggleMancer class! Three toggles, two actives and very, very little to actually do in a fight :)

Yup that's why I am so upset. ToggleMancer shouldn't even be a real spec...yet it is....and it's the highest Magicka based dps spec of any class currently.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert-Downey-Jr-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1388.gif

Edited by TheBull on February 10, 2015 11:54PM
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ca5c97c9c2de73125a03d21d7ea90c2ff8746828b824920ef20bb59545f5a989.jpg

Sorcerer Magicka based builds are still completely worthless. We've receive no needed changes promised by Developers. On top of this you dramatically nerfed our one redeeming damage ability...based of Dragon Knights crying in pvp....

Currently Sorcerers are forced to use the Daedric pets...whether you want to or not. As without them out dps for Magicka based builds is f**king horrible. The one redeeming dps ability we had going for us "Crushing Shock"....now has it's damage nerfed into the ground... Even though it barely damages in pvp...

Needless to say ZoS. You need to fix Sorcerer damage with magicka builds asap. If I am forced to reroll or respec to a stamina based build. Don't dough that I'll simply drop this game like a rock. Players didn't work their butts off, to be stepped on. Meanwhile you listen to a vocal minority and ruin the game.

Get it together and fix this...this isn't a request or a suggestion anymore. You beta tested the game on pc players for almost a year now. As if we weren't crapped on enough...If Sorcerers aren't fixed properly by 1.6 live release...then peace. I'm done paying for a game, where the few crying out loud...out weigh the many.
    Daedric Summoning
    Summon Storm Atronach: Fixed an issue where this ability was only scaling off your magicka stats, but not your stamina stats. It will now correctly pick the largest value.
    Dark Magic
    Exploitation: Removed the graphical effects from this passive due to it being too difficult to notice and causing performance issues
    Destruction Staff
    Elemental Ring (Impulse morph): Fixed an issue with the tooltip not displaying the appropriate duration for the damage over time.

You deserve many LOLs
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ca5c97c9c2de73125a03d21d7ea90c2ff8746828b824920ef20bb59545f5a989.jpg

Currently Sorcerers are forced to use the Daedric pets...whether you want to or not. As without them out dps for Magicka based builds is f**king horrible. The one redeeming dps ability we had going for us "Crushing Shock"....now has it's damage nerfed into the ground... Even though it barely damages in pvp...

Daedric Summoning
    Dark Magic
    Destruction Staff
    Are u farming lol? When I take some CF 16k dmg, I dont think sorcs magicka are dead. For PvP at least those changes were needed.

~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fellow PVE toggle mancer here. I've fed back numerous times about how sorc feel in PTS..to be honest,I didn't think that they could get worse in PVE than they were on live. Surprise!

A few people said sorcs were qq'ing over nothing and those complaining are just crap players.I may not be an elite player,but when people from Hodor are saying sorcerers are not viable in PVE what hope do I have ?

Crit surge nerfed, bound armour nerfed,negate nerfed,crushing shock nerfed,magelight nerfed,light armour nerfed into oblivion. Thats HALF the skills my sorc used on their bar and THE ONLY class skills I had on my bar.Combined with all the other stat scaling...meh.

I get the feeling that ZOS have an idea of what skills they want sorcerers to use, and are now nerfing in anything else that may be viable,so we have no choice but to use pets. I'm not even sure that pets are a viable option in PVE..Honestly I can't see how I'm supposed to stay alive and DPS loads of trash mobs,quickly and efficiently in dungeons(as the role demands) with pets ,no armour and no AOE because toggles have taken up all skills on my bar.A few very skilled players might find it possible,however there shouldn't only be one super-hard-to-master build for an entire class.Let alone try to compete with other classes and try being a good tank or healer. It's just as well I enjoy dps(even if I'm at the bottom of the damage meter) because its rare if anyone wants sorc healers/tanks in groups.

Even the most patient and tolerant people get frustrated when they aren't listened to.Perhaps my build might be better when I get to 200 champion points.However it's a [snip] class indeed that only becomes PVE viable once you have levelled 1-50, then VR1-14, and then beyond into CP. Where is the incentive and enjoyment in levelling a sorcerer? Actually how would anyone level one if they are so bad no groups want them? (Excluding pvp).

I have a sneaking suspicion that devs test any balance changes only in PVP or on a single PVE target. Hence why they said in ESO live that pet build was giving massive DPS but "not king of DPS", and why no one considered how sorc dps is supposed to AOE trash mobs with no armour,no AOE skill as no space on bar due to toggles, and no block casting as our stamina drains to 0 in like a few seconds when blocking.

This would also explain why Paul Sage/Chris Strasz said in the recent Q&A that basically some people will always complain, when the subject of sorcerers was raised.Perhaps he's only thinking of how amazing sorcs are in PVP. Also I've yet to hear a dev say that sorc is their favourite class,when I've heard numerous times how much dk is fav class. (I'm not shouting for nerf of other classes). Maybe they just need to roll a sorcerer and see if they can dps an ENTIRE dungeon/trial successfully, with our only viable build-the toggle mancer,that relies on a set that only goes up to VR12,has sturdy on each piece and has just taken a nerf (Necropotence).

If my opinion doesn't count for much then look here or this thread , both have legitimate feedback from players better than me, regarding either sorcerer specifically or for instance how light armour/stamina drain(both implemented due to PVP) is affecting PVE etc.

As I've said elsewhere,I'm aware of the problems in PVP. There must be a way to address PVP without hobbling my entire class in PVE.

EDIT: Here is what Paul Sage/Chris Strasz said in this Q&A session at 49:14 basically ZOS inferring that either sorcs complaining are crap players or that people will always complain that their class is underpowered. Note that when they talk about sorcs they only seem to give PVP examples,which supports my theory that they mainly only test balance changes in PVP or perhaps on single target PVE.

Question:"With the non stop thread on the forums regarding sorcs are now being underpowered, are there any plans to buff up the class?I know that you touched on surge a bit ago but is there any other aspect of the sorcerer you can touch on?"

Answer: "Sure, so, um, ok. How to say this ah as politicaly as possible?Ah I think that there are always going to be people who say x class is underpowered, and they will have video proof showing you why x,y class is underpowered,um and then you are gonna have somebody else who comes in and says, ""Now watch me play"",now,ah, so we have been watching this very carefully. I've seen some great videos,ah showing a guy doing some 1 vs 1 duelling on a sorc and nobody can touch him, and then I have definitely seen the complaints where people say ""yes, but that has to be the pet build"", and then some other people saying, ""no, it doesn't"" and then they have video proof.

And then I've seen good video proof of other things, so I think what we're doing and the philosophy we're taking, is we're taking this ability by ability, and really looking at ahh, what they have from ability by ability, and then after we do that, then we start to look at some of the cohesive builds and see what we have,um I certainly know that each class,um or if you're playing a class, um each time, you'll think that your class tends to be underpowered, and I'm sorry I know that sounds a bit insulting, I don't mean it to be, um, I know there's some good analysis out there and I mean that sincerely, I really do, I know there's good analysis out there, but there's" Technical difficulties and sound cuts out. Continued answer "And that's all I have to say about that".

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 11, 2015 5:33PM
    Options
  • Carter_DC
    Carter_DC
    ✭✭✭
    i kinda disaggree with the tone, but sorcerers are definitely useless in HL pve now...
    I'm just gonna do the same as everyone with 1.6..reroll nightblade.
    High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
    Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is that after all the QQ about OP pet builds on sorcerers and how terrible those builds are to play with 3 ability slots taken on both bars, they nerf one of the only skills that could keep sorcerers out of the pet meta: crushing shock.
    Say hi to petmasters, they're here to stay.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carter_DC wrote: »
    i kinda disaggree with the tone, but sorcerers are definitely useless in HL pve now...

You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried...

....A lot of us are re-rolling Templar rather than NB! :p
    Edited by Flaminir on February 11, 2015 12:34AM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just watched a sorc get 14k dps with a caster build. Before you ask they had 90 champion points spent.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that after all the QQ about OP pet builds on sorcerers and how terrible those builds are to play with 3 ability slots taken on both bars, they nerf one of the only skills that could keep sorcerers out of the pet meta: crushing shock.
    Say hi to petmasters, they're here to stay.

You will enjoy your sorc now even moar arnt you?

Cmon guys. Instead of petmaster, you can be Buff/debuff master. Someone has to put elemental drain on all dem mobs! /sarcasm

I really hope they redo Sorcs again. Like completely whipe it off and redo em from scratch with good and useful abilities. I never actually bothered playing a sorc. But i feel you guys.

Being a Raidleader and Former Guildmaster of a fairly succesful Raidguild i always saw sorcs as cheap offhealers and (De)Buff Bots.
    I hope this changes rather sooner than later.
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I just watched a sorc get 14k dps with a caster build. Before you ask they had 90 champion points spent.

Perhaps ask him to come and post what he did? Because that would be great news, especially if it's not a three-toggle build ;)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Build and rotation pls?
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    daemonios wrote: »

Build and rotation pls?

Agree'd build and rotation....or it never happened. On that note...we all know it never really happened.
    Options
  • Mariiana
    Mariiana
    ✭✭

templar for dps??? just cuz they got an execute???

only good templar dps that ive seen so far still in 1.6 is a stam build, and the only thing a stam build benefits from on a temp is radiant aura, which got hit by the nerf hammer hard.... so please explain to me what you mean...
    ~~~ EP ~~~
    Mariiana- VR16 Templar
    Mariiahna VR16 NB
    Roheel VR14 DK
    Xinthuur VR4 Sorc
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mariiana wrote: »

only good templar dps that ive seen so far still in 1.6 is a stam build, and the only thing a stam build benefits from on a temp is radiant aura, which got hit by the nerf hammer hard.... so please explain to me what you mean...

nope but because 2h is the way to go for DPS and thx to the fact blow does more dmg than any dot wasting a global on a dot is no longer necessary dks and nb are losing alot of ground and the 6% increased dmg passiv of templars kicks in giving them an edge of 6% over every other class in terms of dmg.

but back to topic
    may i introduce you to the mighty PENK?! PEt-taNK]
    XwRoTmx.png

the tank with the highest DPS in ESO and thus unbelivebly awesome.
    or in other words the most *** class ever and as fun to play as watching paint drying...

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    magicka builds still outdps a bow build and the bow damage got reduced, so why you crying? Welcome to the nerf club sorcs. I really don't think sorcs got it bad..you don't got it like pre 1.6 but you don't got it bad.
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tankqull: do you tank without a ranged taunt? Oo
    Wololo.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow set have been nerfed hard too, but changing a weapon is far more faster than delete a character an re-do it with an another class.
    I think the nerf of bows is bad too, but it is *less important* to my mind.
    And sorc are bad when they have only half of a NB's dps.

Tankqull wrote: »
    may i introduce you to the mighty PENK?! PEt-taNK]
    XwRoTmx.png

the tank with the highest DPS in ESO and thus unbelivebly awesome.

Oh, seem so fun to play !
    … seriously ZOS, sorcerers (both magicka and stamina) need a serious buff in pve, and without toogle sets.
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Build and rotation pls?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-x-nyblings-magicka-based-sorc-dps-champion-rank-71/page/4/#post-567158

The current last post in thread.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Build and rotation pls?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-x-nyblings-magicka-based-sorc-dps-champion-rank-71/page/4/#post-567158

Overload can't really provide sustained DPS. How long did it take you to load it until the Blood Spawn fight? How long did you last?
    Wololo.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, an ultimate who barely boost the sorc dps to a nb's one (without ultimate).
    But we haven't an infinite ultimate. I can have 13K dps with it, but only for a few time.
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @Tankqull: do you tank without a ranged taunt? Oo
    nope not normaly but i thought a stamina drain would be sth to consider ;P but you can easily sub ransack with inner beast if you like.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seriously though. I'm doing the same. I just need to find good stamina builds for my redguard crafter mule because I don't want to roll a new one from scratch. Might as well use what I already have.
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭

Build and rotation pls?

I want to see this man to do the DPS for more than 100 seconds... Impossible, the dps drops to 8k all the time...
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Decrease cast time of twilight! We also need an instant cast damage spell.
    Alow streak to be cast twice without the cost increase since you need to atleast streak twice to get the needed distance for it to be called bolt "escape"...everyone has gap closers these days, unlike the days when ppl whined so this nerf was released to live.
    Edited by olsborg on February 11, 2015 7:49AM

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

You my friend, have no idea what a Stam templar can do nowadays. My tests on pts gave me approx 10k dps as Templar stam DD. And on top of that I had not the optimal gear, not the optimal buffs and not rotation lol.

GDJE1sE.png

Sure they nerfed our Biting jabs from 170% to 140%. But we will find ways :)

And yes, Magicka Sorc/Nbs totally broken. On the other hand, it seems all ranged classes do only like 8k dps. The only reason why Magicka DKs do more dmg is because they got DoTs.

A ranged DK also only does 8k dps. If a DK gets close he can do approx 10-12k
    Edited by Alcast on February 11, 2015 9:17AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes is seems like wibbly wobbly Wobel has decided to break magicka based sorcerers then try to balance them out with the rest of the classes. Looking forward to most being forced into shelling and pet builds to get one iota of survivability.

I was pessimistic before with the intention behind the CD for heal in surge, the absolute lack of utter support in light armor, but now this build actually seems to prove that the skill line designers really don't care about sorcerers.

So looking forward when Wobel decides to fix this class when this game is rolling out an expansion because no one is picking the class anymore or making light armor magicka build.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I didn't say for DPS.

Just said re-rolling Templar.

They are a very well rounded class now.... not best DPS... but certainly no worse than Sorc, and they are very good at other role's too, and outstanding in PvP.

Probably the most well rounded of all the classes at the minute.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion that devs test any balance changes only in PVP or on a single PVE target. Hence why they said in ESO live that pet build was giving massive DPS but "not king of DPS", and why no one considered how sorc dps is supposed to AOE trash mobs with no armour,no AOE skill as no space on bar, and no block casting as our stamina drains to 0 in like a few seconds when blocking.
    I really hope they dont test balances only on PVP... or a mudcrab could balance better than developers

Edited by Erondil on February 11, 2015 12:15PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    Options