Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Well. We just have to adapt. I can get 9.5k to 10k dps with with a petbuild without ultimates 70 champ points spent on pts - in trial gear setup. This will be around 11 to 12k with decent gear. Around 14 to 15k with either atronarch or overload.
    Also the aoe morph of fragments is okish.

It´s not fun but it is a vaible magica ranged build :expressionless:

On a personal note: I hate it. Every aspect of it.

That's alright, everyone has personal opinions on stuff. I hate DPS:ing on my DK even though it's been the best for months, I've played other classes instead. I hope you can find a build you like.

I'll share my build as soon as I get it all figured out, I can guarantee it will only have Inner Light and Twilight as toggles. There is always a way. ;)

I admire your defence for a build you got working and like to play with it. But I'm in no way interested in having pets on my skillbar and feel it's dumb game design if ZoS nerfs all aspects of sorc class to make pets desirable.

Have you tried other builds to see if they have any kind of survivability or good DPS output instead of repeating over and over again that this class is just fine due to the fact that you know of a specific build that suits you?

You know, this is how things work. You can't make a DW build without Flurry, you can't make a 2H build without Uppercut, you can't make a Bow build without Snipe. If you do, you're gimped.

I'm sorry, but if I don't like how a class plays I just play something else. There's always going to be a most effective way of playing, and if that upsets you then that's just a different problem. Doesn't mean the class itself is broken.

All the other examples you mention but one skill line that they have to use. On a pet build either 4 or 6 out of 10 are needed. If you don't think that's a flawed design then you should less skooma. And once again, if the class has only one viable build then it broken for a game that promotes playing the way you want to. Also, are you sure a pet build is useful/though after for trials and endgame content?

Now you're being a bit ridiculous though. Are you saying you have 3 pets?

The Twilight is the one you should be using for sure, that's one slot on each bar. Welcome to how Nightblades have been playing for ages.

And yes, a pet build is viable. The pets can survive stomps and spears on the Mantikora even.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra‌ so you cant weave overload light and class spells anymore?

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    as I said sorcerer style players biggest whiners in the game ;) but have the best dps in game

You are now cut off from the skooma. You've had too much sir.
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    b4grd4om1om7.jpg
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Nope, not since 1.6.1

EDIT: Though they did buff the damage since ofc. Worth mentioning
    Edited by Maulkin on February 12, 2015 1:58PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Drazek
    Drazek
    ✭✭
    Double/triple the damage of lighting flood and double the duration.

Double the damage of Mages Wrath/fury. Maybe even have one of the morphs able to hit 3 targets, similar to one of Templars spells.

Scrap the whole pet tree.
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

Nope, not since 1.6.1

The damage buff was nice. However it didn't make up for the loss of light attack weaving. Rumor has it further nerfs are coming next week and Overload is one of them.
    Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 12, 2015 2:00PM
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Drazek wrote: »

Double the damage of Mages Wrath/fury. Maybe even have one of the morphs able to hit 3 targets, similar to one of Templars spells.

This is the smartest thing said on this thread thus far. I'd take it one step further though.

#1 Triple damage of Lighting Flood and all it's morphs. Their duration is increased to 15 seconds.

#2 Double damage on Mages Wrath and all it's morphs. Once target hits 50% it can be executed, and the damage increases as targets health gets lower.

#3 Double damage of Velcious Curse only.

#4 Increase Crystal fragments damage by 25%
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, not since 1.6.1

The damage buff was nice. However it didn't make up for the loss of light attack weaving. Rumor has it further nerfs are coming next week and Overload is one of them.

In my mind this roughly translates to

"I hope there will be further nerfs as it's starting to get harder to complain about the DPS of the top ranged DPS class. The argument that only melee does more DPS is starting to make sense."

But what do I know.. I mean, I use a pet. *gasp*
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nybling wrote: »
    xherics wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    I just watched a sorc get 14k dps with a caster build. Before you ask they had 90 champion points spent.

Build and rotation pls?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-x-nyblings-magicka-based-sorc-dps-champion-rank-71/page/4/#post-567158

The current last post in thread.

I want to see this man to do the DPS for more than 100 seconds... Impossible, the dps drops to 8k all the time...

I think you underestimate how sustainable overload is. Light Attacks w/ Overload regenerate Ultimate. After a minute I still had almost 700 ultimate left and that was with constant weaving after each crystal frags.

Nybling...not trying to be rude. However you're the same person champing pet builds along with Erlexx on Tamriel Foundry. I don't think anyone here respects you for that or that you are helping the further downfall of our class.

If you hadn't noticed. The major of the people who play this class, are seriously unhappy with it, and we are all calling for change. This thread alone is proof of that.

Overload is bugged and has been reported 101 times. It will be fixed.

As a member of Entropy Rising you have the Developers ear some what. You of all people should be using to pull out class out of the dump.

Let's be honest here, most of you wont be happy with the sorc till you have the best dps, healing, tanking, mobility in the game. Frankly I'm getting tired of people whining about pet builds just like nightblades who whined their class sucked and would always say something moronic like "they're nightBLADES not nightSTAFFS."

It gets old and your class doesn't suck so quit whining.

nope all i want is the sorc atleast on the same lvl in 1.6 as it is in 1.5 compared to other classes. and thats not the case instead of buffs we recieved nerfes all overthe place hidden behind nice formulations in the patch notes.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

Nope, not since 1.6.1

"I hope there will be further nerfs as it's starting to get harder to complain about the DPS of the top ranged DPS class. The argument that only melee does more DPS is starting to make sense."

No that's not what it translates too. I am the starter of this thread. I don't want further nerfs.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 12, 2015 4:13PM
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drazek wrote: »

This is the smartest thing said on this thread thus far. I'd take it one step further though.

#1 Triple damage of Lighting Flood and all it's morphs. Their duration is increased to 15 seconds.

#2 Double damage on Mages Wrath and all it's morphs. Once target hits 50% it can be executed, and the damage increases as targets health gets lower.

#3 Double damage of Velcious Curse only.

#1-3 are crazy requests that will not get you anywhere.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • nun_nonrb19_ESO
    Well. We just have to adapt. I can get 9.5k to 10k dps with with a petbuild without ultimates 70 champ points spent on pts - in trial gear setup. This will be around 11 to 12k with decent gear. Around 14 to 15k with either atronarch or overload.

That's alright, everyone has personal opinions on stuff. I hate DPS:ing on my DK even though it's been the best for months, I've played other classes instead. I hope you can find a build you like.

I'll share my build as soon as I get it all figured out, I can guarantee it will only have Inner Light and Twilight as toggles. There is always a way. ;)

I admire your defence for a build you got working and like to play with it. But I'm in no way interested in having pets on my skillbar and feel it's dumb game design if ZoS nerfs all aspects of sorc class to make pets desirable.

Have you tried other builds to see if they have any kind of survivability or good DPS output instead of repeating over and over again that this class is just fine due to the fact that you know of a specific build that suits you?

So let me get this straight. An ability on your bar does damage without you doing anything. Allow you to focus on other things a rotation, but you don't want this because your to good for it. Silly also ppl don't knock the overload thing until you try it and get a personal feel for it.

Let be be straight also, I don't want to use a pet build and I will not even if it is the best build in the whole universe.
    I'm not a min/maxer and my skill bar is not built thinking only in dealing as much damage as I can but not having pleasure while at it.

I love the sorc class for all the neat abilities the class has to offer, but let's be honest and just admit that sorc's lack in every department of what's considered essential for a MMO(DPS/Tank/Heals). I think ZoS did a good job reviving the pets skill line that was not that played, but what bugs me is all the nerfs that they done for a class that is already hugely crippled.
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, not since 1.6.1

No that's not what it translates too. I am the starter of this thread. I don't want further nerfs.

Haha, I know you started the thread. That's the joke, by now half of this thread is just complaining to complain. Not about any sort of legitimate issues. It's almost like you'd want further nerfs so that you can continue complaining. :)

Tankqull wrote: »
    I just watched a sorc get 14k dps with a caster build. Before you ask they had 90 champion points spent.

Build and rotation pls?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-x-nyblings-magicka-based-sorc-dps-champion-rank-71/page/4/#post-567158

I want to see this man to do the DPS for more than 100 seconds... Impossible, the dps drops to 8k all the time...

I think you underestimate how sustainable overload is. Light Attacks w/ Overload regenerate Ultimate. After a minute I still had almost 700 ultimate left and that was with constant weaving after each crystal frags.

Nybling...not trying to be rude. However you're the same person champing pet builds along with Erlexx on Tamriel Foundry. I don't think anyone here respects you for that or that you are helping the further downfall of our class.

If you hadn't noticed. The major of the people who play this class, are seriously unhappy with it, and we are all calling for change. This thread alone is proof of that.

As a member of Entropy Rising you have the Developers ear some what. You of all people should be using to pull out class out of the dump.

Let's be honest here, most of you wont be happy with the sorc till you have the best dps, healing, tanking, mobility in the game. Frankly I'm getting tired of people whining about pet builds just like nightblades who whined their class sucked and would always say something moronic like "they're nightBLADES not nightSTAFFS."

nope all i want is the sorc atleast on the same lvl in 1.6 as it is in 1.5 compared to other classes. and thats not the case instead of buffs we recieved nerfes all overthe place hidden behind nice formulations in the patch notes.

Sorcs are much, much better compared to other classes in 1.6 over 1.5. By far. If you don't see this, sorry..

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 12, 2015 4:14PM
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

Ya you're right lol. I read over it again...it looks crazy. It should be more like.

#1 Increase damage of Lighting Flood and all it's morphs by 35%. Their duration is increased to 15 seconds.

#2 Increase damage on Mages Wrath and all it's morphs by 35%. Once target hits 50% it can be executed, and the damage increases as targets health gets lower.

#3 Increase damage of Velcious Curse only by 35%.

Currently Lighting Flood is worthless. Mages Wrath is worthless till the target hits 25% and still does crap for damage. Velcious Curse...is just lame currently. And Crystal Fragments should be a viable cast...instead of Crushing Shock spam. Increasing the damage, it would out class Crushing for once.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL ok we keep the knockdown

I'm loving you ;)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Dracane wrote: »

LOL ok we keep the knockdown

I'm loving you ;)

Glad I get your heart valves pumping <3
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Fayaburn wrote: »
    Exstazik wrote: »
    as I said sorcerer style players biggest whiners in the game ;) but have the best dps in game
    You either adapt or you don't, but this thread, is not feedback. This thread is the ultimate QQ and can only lead to people getting completely fed up with you. It's not too much to ask for some real in-game examples if you want people to listen to you.

How about the 10000+ times where we gave feedback about how a build requiring to run 3 toggles is not viable? You even included a paragraph about this toggle issue in your extensive post about 1.6...

What about I provide you one single target skill that you spam to reach 12k dps (no more, no less) when you manage to keep entropy up. You will have only 1 slot per bar and can't cast anything than that skill and entropy and at the same time struggle with the broken weapon swap (cooldown inside). Do you still think that would be a viable and nice build? Even if it grants 12k on serpent where other people get 11.5k?

Please don't focus on the crushing shock nerf and other peripheral issues and realize that currently PvE sorcs are trapped in a deep pit caused by bad gamedesign.

If you feel that's too restrictive I'd just drop Bound Aegis. I'm probably gonna do that anyway, sure 5% magicka is nice but it's not like "OH I MUST HAVE IT". Plus in 1.5 you'd pretty much have to have either ele drain and/or spell sym anyway which you could technically drop now so...

Sure, I'd also like more skill slots just like pretty much everyone else, but the difference is I'm not going to say my class(es) is(are) broken as a result. Actually the opposite, imagine these skills are actually so useful that you'd want to have them on your bar now.. that's a huge buff to the skills imo.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-pve-endgame-dps-zappy-mage/

I can't bear having only 2 actives per skill bar. Which is why I worked on this build and am using it on PTS. Yeah I can drop Bound Armor to gain 2 skill slots, however I am losing DPS compared to Nybling's build (1-2k) even before the CS nerf.

And even without sloting bound armor, I cannot use AOE and ST within the same fight. And yes some fights require AOE and ST without allowing to swap skills as you don't leave combat inbetween (e.g. many vet dsa fights).

And btw, you say that magicka sorc is the only build to produce good numbers in ranged ST. I think this is because most people are currently testing/theorycrafting melee stamina builds (other than sorcs that have really bad synergies with PvE 1.6 stamina builds). As soon as more people from other classes start to really try to min-max magicka builds, good numbers will come up as well.

ttfuvec4iyul.png

Vz5xdL0l.jpg

What is your point?
    We all know that currently, melee stamina builds have advantage regarding ST DPS on tank and spank fights.

I was just saying that other classes than sorcerers can produce proper numbers with a range magicka build.

nope, not true

All ranged builds are approx 8-9k dps
    And dont tell me magicka DK get 12k ranged, that is melee also with their DoTs.
    Edited by Alcast on February 12, 2015 2:19PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    nope, not true

This is very true. However Sorcerer is the worst off, as the class itself was built off Magicka use. When ZoS changed things...they should have seen how much they were shafting one class.

The mere fact melee builds are doing double the dps of ranged....should have been a HUGE red flag.
    Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 12, 2015 2:22PM
    Options
  • Fayaburn
    Fayaburn
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I know you started the thread. That's the joke, by now half of this thread is just complaining to complain. Not about any sort of legitimate issues. It's almost like you'd want further nerfs so that you can continue complaining. :)

I estimate that my feedback (call it complaining if it appeals you) about so much required toggles to reach a viable build is legitimate.

Your opinion seems to be that a passive gameplay with high percentage of already limited skillslots frozen into toggles is an ok gameplay, then good for you. But please stop telling everywhere that not a single post is legitimate and that all what sorcerers are doing is whining. I am providing my own feedback/opinion about this build we seem to be required to run. And my opinion is equally legitimate as yours.

Maybe if so many sorcerers are complaining (not always in the proper manner I recognize) is because there indeed are serious flaws with the class gamedesign but they are not able to properly point out the issues or formulate it appropriately.
    I am pretty sure on live, the same kind of players are rolling DKs (playing them without an exhaustive insight about engame balance). However, I do not see many threads complaining about the DK class, maybe because it feels right when you play it.
    Edited by Fayaburn on February 12, 2015 2:27PM
    Altef Quatre - v14 Breton Sorcerer
    Melina Dagda - v14 Dunmer Dragonknight
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    I estimate my feedback (call it complaining if it appeals you) about so much required toggles to reach a viable build is legitimate.

Your opinion seems to be that a passive gameplay with hight percentage of already limited skillslots frozen into toggles is an ok gameplay, then good for you. But please stop telling everywhere that not a single post is legitimate and that all that sorcerers are doing is whining. I am providing my own feedback/opinion about this build we seem to be required to run. And my opinion is equally legitimate as yours.

Maybe if so many sorcerers are complaining (not always in the proper manner I recognize) is because there indeed are serious flaws with the class gamedesign but they are not able to properly point out the issues or formulate it appropriately.
    I am pretty sure on live, the same kind of players are rolling DKs (playing them without an exhaustive insight about engame balance). However, I do not see many threads complaining about the DK class, maybe because it feels right when you play it.[/quote]

7b1b36600a9788f48098c5051ec882937cac3d928654b086b1f614f4f0fc9d67.jpg
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, not since 1.6.1

No that's not what it translates too. I am the starter of this thread. I don't want further nerfs. Maybe learn to read? If you insist on taking so much skooma...go trip out somewhere else dude.

Tankqull wrote: »

Build and rotation pls?

Sorcs are much, much better compared to other classes in 1.6 over 1.5. By far. If you don't see this, sorry..

[...]

There's no easy way of saying this but if your Sorc is bad still.. it's you that's bad, not your class. Sorry, but someone had to tell ya.
    Alcast wrote: »
    Exstazik wrote: »
    You either adapt or you don't, but this thread, is not feedback. This thread is the ultimate QQ and can only lead to people getting completely fed up with you. It's not too much to ask for some real in-game examples if you want people to listen to you.

How about the 10000+ times where we gave feedback about how a build requiring to run 3 toggles is not viable? You even included a paragraph about this toggle issue in your extensive post about 1.6...

What about I provide you one single target skill that you spam to reach 12k dps (no more, no less) when you manage to keep entropy up. You will have only 1 slot per bar and can't cast anything than that skill and entropy and at the same time struggle with the broken weapon swap (cooldown inside). Do you still think that would be a viable and nice build? Even if it grants 12k on serpent where other people get 11.5k?

Please don't focus on the crushing shock nerf and other peripheral issues and realize that currently PvE sorcs are trapped in a deep pit caused by bad gamedesign.

If you feel that's too restrictive I'd just drop Bound Aegis. I'm probably gonna do that anyway, sure 5% magicka is nice but it's not like "OH I MUST HAVE IT". Plus in 1.5 you'd pretty much have to have either ele drain and/or spell sym anyway which you could technically drop now so...

Sure, I'd also like more skill slots just like pretty much everyone else, but the difference is I'm not going to say my class(es) is(are) broken as a result. Actually the opposite, imagine these skills are actually so useful that you'd want to have them on your bar now.. that's a huge buff to the skills imo.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-pve-endgame-dps-zappy-mage/

I can't bear having only 2 actives per skill bar. Which is why I worked on this build and am using it on PTS. Yeah I can drop Bound Armor to gain 2 skill slots, however I am losing DPS compared to Nybling's build (1-2k) even before the CS nerf.

And even without sloting bound armor, I cannot use AOE and ST within the same fight. And yes some fights require AOE and ST without allowing to swap skills as you don't leave combat inbetween (e.g. many vet dsa fights).

And btw, you say that magicka sorc is the only build to produce good numbers in ranged ST. I think this is because most people are currently testing/theorycrafting melee stamina builds (other than sorcs that have really bad synergies with PvE 1.6 stamina builds). As soon as more people from other classes start to really try to min-max magicka builds, good numbers will come up as well.

ttfuvec4iyul.png

Vz5xdL0l.jpg

What is your point?
    We all know that currently, melee stamina builds have advantage regarding ST DPS on tank and spank fights.

I was just saying that other classes than sorcerers can produce proper numbers with a range magicka build.

nope, not true

Exactly what I've been trying to say, good luck in getting rabid, angry sorcerers to listen. :p

If anything the sorcerer is actually in a great place as it can actually get almost as good ranged DPS as melee ~12-14k at least on blood spawn has been proven.

I estimate that my feedback (call it complaining if it appeals you) about so much required toggles to reach a viable build is legitimate.

Your opinion seems to be that a passive gameplay with high percentage of already limited skillslots frozen into toggles is an ok gameplay, then good for you. But please stop telling everywhere that not a single post is legitimate and that all what sorcerers are doing is whining. I am providing my own feedback/opinion about this build we seem to be required to run. And my opinion is equally legitimate as yours.

I am pretty sure on live, the same kind of players are rolling DKs (playing them without an exhaustive insight about engame balance). However, I do not see many threads complaining about the DK class, maybe because it feels right when you play it.

Are you missing the point I've made about you not actually requiring 3 toggles? Anyway, it doesn't really matter as you can actually still do AT LEAST the same DPS as all other ranged classes without using any other toggle than Inner Light. Probably still at least 2K better than Bow.

I also want to say, YOU @Fayaburn‌ are one of the few people who can actually formulate a real point. I appreciate that, and I get that the toggles are annoying, I've been playing with 2 toggles for ages as a Nightblade, I know.

It is however not required for Sorcs to pull better DPS than most other ranged builds, actually the toggles just boost you to the absolute top of that list.

I'd recommend you try the setup I suggested earlier, did some quick calculations and the spell power gear over magicka gear should boost your dps by ~15% if you drop necropotence all together and go for martial knowledge, cyrodiils light, adroitness and torugs. preferably with a Masters staff if you have one :smile:

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 12, 2015 3:52PM
    Options
  • Fayaburn
    Fayaburn
    ✭✭✭
    nope, not true

Having to apply 2 DoTs from 8m every 10 seconds is not what I call a true melee build.
    I guess we will have to disagree on that one.

Options
  • nun_nonrb19_ESO

You know, this is how things work. You can't make a DW build without Flurry, you can't make a 2H build without Uppercut, you can't make a Bow build without Snipe. If you do, you're gimped.

I'm sorry, but if I don't like how a class plays I just play something else. There's always going to be a most effective way of playing, and if that upsets you then that's just a different problem. Doesn't mean the class itself is broken.

All the other examples you mention but one skill line that they have to use. On a pet build either 4 or 6 out of 10 are needed. If you don't think that's a flawed design then you should less skooma. And once again, if the class has only one viable build then it broken for a game that promotes playing the way you want to. Also, are you sure a pet build is useful/though after for trials and endgame content?

The Twilight is the one you should be using for sure, that's one slot on each bar. Welcome to how Nightblades have been playing for ages.

And yes, a pet build is viable. The pets can survive stomps and spears on the Mantikora even.

No, I'm not using 3 pets. Not even one as I feel using them to be too boring. The 4 to 6 slots comprised of the other skills that support a pet build. You found a build that you are happy with? Good for you, but that doesn't mean we all have to use that build to be able to have any kind of respectable DPS. So don't just think all our complains are delusions just because we have different play styles.
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I'm not using 3 pets. Not even one as I feel using them to be too boring. The 4 to 6 slots comprised of the other skills that support a pet build. You found a build that you are happy with? Good for you, but that doesn't mean we all have to use that build to be able to have any kind of respectable DPS. So don't just think all our complains are delusions just because we have different play styles.

You're clearly not listening.

You do not have to use 3 toggles.

Better?

2 toggles has been part of life for Nightblades since launch, that one I kinda think you have to get over.

Then again if the problem is that you don't want to use good skills because you think they're boring, then I don't think playing this game is for you. It's kind of hard for the Devs to only make skills that you think are fun.
    Edited by pppontus on February 12, 2015 2:46PM
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    nope, not true

This is very true. However Sorcerer is the worst off, as the class itself was built off Magicka use. When ZoS changed things...they should have seen how much they were shafting one class.

The mere fact melee builds are doing double the dps of ranged....should have been a HUGE red flag.

Melee does not do double.

Melee does about 12k. ppl with 15k have either the CP bug(which gives them 140 CP instead of 70) or they fight vs bosses that die in like 50sec or so.

But ye the gap is still 4k. But seems that is what ZoS is aiming for.
    Edited by Alcast on February 12, 2015 2:45PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So let me get this straight. An ability on your bar does damage without you doing anything. Allow you to focus on other things a rotation, but you don't want this because your to good for it. Silly also ppl don't knock the overload thing until you try it and get a personal feel for it.

Let be be straight also, I don't want to use a pet build and I will not even if it is the best build in the whole universe.
    I'm not a min/maxer and my skill bar is not built thinking only in dealing as much damage as I can but not having pleasure while at it.

I love the sorc class for all the neat abilities the class has to offer, but let's be honest and just admit that sorc's lack in every department of what's considered essential for a MMO(DPS/Tank/Heals). I think ZoS did a good job reviving the pets skill line that was not that played, but what bugs me is all the nerfs that they done for a class that is already hugely crippled.

If your skill bar is not built with the intention of deal as much damage as you can then you have no room to complain.

Here is a shocking idea that will get me crucified.
    Hey all you sorcs. Your class has a skill line dealing with pets. Your class is a pet class. If you don't want to use any pets at all in any situation that is your fault.

If I say hey I don't want to use these skills on my templar because they have a cast time I sound silly. Hey my class is not a cast time/channel class because I said so. Also if I don't want to use my spear tree then its ok because my class is not a spear class. You know its true because I just complained about it on the forum, and told you it was true. So it must be true right?

I am being a bit silly exaggerating, but It gets the point across. You can't complain that your class is imbalanced because you refuse to use all the tools available to you. Then you can't complain about those who do use them.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Fayaburn
    Fayaburn
    ✭✭✭
    Now that you have more time to answer to other posts, can you explain me how providing opinion and feedback about my class in the PTS section is whining please?

Also, as you are saying that sorcerers are whining only because they need to learn to play. Can you please explain me why I do not see so much negative feedback from other classes please?
    Are you trying to say that among all the eso players population, all the bad players and whiners are concentrated only in the sorcerer class?

About the DK being melee because of this DoTs, again, this is your opinion. I consider spending 80% of the fight time at range and only 20% at 8m to reapply DoTs not being melee. If the moment when I need to reapply them is not melee friendly due to boss mechanics, then I will just wait a few seconds more to reapply then and will still be granted a better overall DPS.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 18, 2015 5:57PM
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh LOL, I just realised the OP is the same person who started the brilliantly entertaining ZoS: Please Stop Animation Canceling (aka Spell Weaving) thread.

I didn't even know how right I was.

If your skill bar is not built with the intention of deal as much damage as you can then you have no room to complain.

Here is a shocking idea that will get me crucified.
    Hey all you sorcs. Your class has a skill line dealing with pets. Your class is a pet class. If you don't want to use any pets at all in any situation that is your fault.

If I say hey I don't want to use these skills on my templar because they have a cast time I sound silly. Hey my class is not a cast time/channel class because I said so. Also if I don't want to use my spear tree then its ok because my class is not a spear class. You know its true because I just complained about it on the forum, and told you it was true. So it must be true right?

I am being a bit silly exaggerating, but It gets the point across. You can't complain that your class is imbalanced because you refuse to use all the tools available to you. Then you can't complain about those who do use them.

100%. Thank you!
    Edited by pppontus on February 12, 2015 2:50PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope, not true

Melee does not do double.

Melee does about 12k. ppl with 15k have either the CP bug(which gives them 140 CP instead of 70) or they fight vs bosses that die in like 50sec or so.

But ye the gap is still 4k. But seems that is what ZoS is aiming for.

I was able to pull over 12k with ultimates with my live char last week :(
    Edit: No idea about sustain above 90s though (admittedly).
    Edited by Derra on February 12, 2015 2:54PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options