1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

• angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    angelyn wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion that devs test any balance changes only in PVP or on a single PVE target. Hence why they said in ESO live that pet build was giving massive DPS but "not king of DPS", and why no one considered how sorc dps is supposed to AOE trash mobs with no armour,no AOE skill as no space on bar, and no block casting as our stamina drains to 0 in like a few seconds when blocking.
    I really hope they dont test balances only on PVP... or a mudcrab could balance better than developers
    I really hope so too, but it's the only legitimate reason I could think of for Paul Sage's recent comments and the previous talk of pet build giving great DPS, (but not king of DPS! don't forget) in ESO live. Great DPS against a single target is good. However, if you can't AOE trash mobs and survive long enough to reach the boss, you will never complete a dungeon/trial etc.
    Edited by angelyn on February 11, 2015 12:28PM
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Erondil wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion that devs test any balance changes only in PVP or on a single PVE target. Hence why they said in ESO live that pet build was giving massive DPS but "not king of DPS", and why no one considered how sorc dps is supposed to AOE trash mobs with no armour,no AOE skill as no space on bar, and no block casting as our stamina drains to 0 in like a few seconds when blocking.
    I really hope they dont test balances only on PVP... or a mudcrab could balance better than developers

Good one xD
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've now included the transcript of exaclty what was said in the recent Q&A by Paul Sage/Cris Strasz regarding sorcerers being underpowered in my original post on this thread.

Don't know about what you guys get from that, but I'm getting "sorcs who complain are either crap players, or will always complain that their class is underpowered"

Edited by angelyn on February 11, 2015 1:35PM
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I've now included the transcript of exaclty what was said in the recent Q&A by Paul Sage/Cris Strasz regarding sorcerers being underpowered in my original post on this thread.

Don't know about what you guys get from that, but I'm getting "sorcs who complain are either crap players, or will always complain that their class is underpowered"

Oh yeah, I am crap sorcerer and I always was. Thank you ZOS for your kindness! :broken_heart:
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »

Oh yeah, I am crap sorcerer and I always was. Thank you ZOS for your kindness! :broken_heart:
    @xherics, if you are a crap sorcerer, then I am the dirt on your crap shoes :p I'm sincerely hoping that ZOS will listen to feedback from someone in top guild....I doubt they will listen when the dirt talks. :p

Edited by angelyn on February 11, 2015 2:19PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m going to try to make a 4 toggle petbuild. Taking it to a whole new level.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xherics, if you are a crap sorcerer, then I am the dirt on your crap shoes :p I'm sincerely hoping that ZOS will listen to feedback from someone in top guild....I doubt they will listen when the dirt talks. :p

Why are you thinking, you are dirt on his/her shoes ?
    And what is your feedback/opinion ? (I want to see, if I agree or disagree with you)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »

No, no, no, do not underestimate yourself please. You can easily do the same on your sorcerer than me; I have maybe just more practice :)

But what can I (we) do, when ZOS does not care about sorcerers :neutral_face:
    Edited by xherics on February 11, 2015 2:39PM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Why are you thinking, you are dirt on his/her shoes ?
    Because I'm not an expert player/sorcerer by any means, so if people in world record breaking PVE guild are considered crap by ZOS, then ZOS must have a pretty low opinion of someone like me.. :'(
    Dracane wrote: »
    And what is your feedback/opinion ? (I want to see, if I agree or disagree with you)
    Ok well, these are my own opinions so @Dracane don't kill me:P
    Sorc specific feedback:
    • My opinion is that light armour, magicka sorcs have been hit 3 times in PTS/Surge feedback: This
    • Light armour has taken a massive nerfThis Comment and this thread, although the thread compares many things as well.
    • My failed experiment at tackling a swarm of wasps. Remember I said I wasn't a great player and at this stage I don't think I had calculated yet that light armour is now useless and we need to stack waaay more health now. This Comment
    Other more general feedback, just to show that I do give positive feedback and have fed back other subjects other than sorcs:P
    • I gave positive feedback on the tutorial, but still it lacks much, particilarly vital things like how to open your inventory and how to dodge AOE etcThis Thread
    • I gave positive feedback regarding the justice system and the items people can steal This thread and this comment
    • I think that 10g is far less than some provisioning items were worth in the player market and that perhaps ZOS would consider paying the player market worth in this thread (I've started selling off ingredients worth less than 10g anyway)
    • I feel that CP points allocated to my sorc at current level doesn't seem to make up the difference in global nerf. Although perhaps this is due to being a sorc.this comment
    • I believe that for example weaving a single attack into an AOE trash mob situation doesn't seem logical and if ZOS makes ultimate generation dependant on weapon attacks, they should give us a multi target weapon attack and have commented as such in various threads.(I started This thread because I was so worried on how ultimate would be generated after it got announced. )
    Edited by angelyn on February 11, 2015 3:16PM
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please dont do my junk is bigger then yours posts again, i hate reading your wall of text drama nonsense.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    please dont do my junk is bigger then yours posts again, i hate reading your wall of text drama nonsense.
    I'm sorry, but @Dracane asked what some of my feedback has been and it was easier than typing it all out. Perhaps other people also may think I'm posting a "my junk is bigger than yours" and would want it in a different format, so I'll strike through and send it in a PM, if Dracane or anyone else still wants to hear what my feedback was.

As long as my post doesn't break forum rules I don't see why one person has the right to tell me what to post. Everyone is supposed to have a valid opinion, that is why the PTS is open to all and people are encouraged to feed back.In addition, even if my post was breaking forum rules I'm not sure if they would have the right then either, since moderation is done by ZOS.

PS:Sorry but my ego and self esteem isn't dependant "my junk" being "bigger than everyone elses" (whatever that is)
    Edited by angelyn on February 11, 2015 4:03PM
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Achievement Unlocked: Renowned ToggleMancer!
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh, @Derra! 2 pets, Bound Aegis and Inner light? Daedric Pray and Crushing Shock?

My spine is tingling with excitement. I'm on the edge of my seat, my heartbeat racing. Can you please please make a vid so that we all get a glimpse of the thrilling, stimulating gameplay?

I also want to see your face on the bottom left, @Deltia‌ style. I want to see it contort with ecstasy as the pure joy hits you.

jizzpants.gif

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 12, 2015 3:26PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, @Derra! 2 pets, Bound Armor and Inner light? Daedric Pray and Crushing Shock?

My spine is tingling with excitement. I'm on the edge of my seat, my heartbeat racing. Can you please please make a vid so that we all get a glimpse of the thrilling, stimulating gameplay?
    Yes...but what's the rotation? Which one do you lead with? Which one's your finisher?

If only there was a 5th toggle... (1.6.3 perhaps?)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If only there was a 5th toggle... (1.6.3 perhaps?)

@ZOS,

nFSebim.gif?1
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    ZoS: If you are really reading our feedback. Then this thread and many other you should be listening too.

Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 11, 2015 4:59PM
    Options
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    I see another year of beta testing 1.6 in our future. And then another year of beta testing when they remove the veteran leveling system. PvP balance is truly broken as of 1.6.2 imho. I wasn't able to do much testing, because there were so few people in PvP on PTS. My crushing shock was barely scratching people. Pretty much useless really. I was 1 shot for 10k more than my full health by Critical Rush. That's with a full Igneous Shield up on a V14 DK.

I'm beginning to suffer from update fatigue. I'm tired of respecing, leveling new abilities, and re-rolling to try to keep up with ZOS' nerf bat. It seems as soon as I find a character I like and get good at playing, ZOS nerfs him into oblivion. It's really starting to get old. I have 3 veteran level characters gathering dust, because I just don't want to spend time fixing them. Two of them are Sorcs. Any other good RPG's out there? I really can't recommend this game to anyone right now. It's a mess...
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    ZoS killing the Sorcerer class via nerf beating.
    Shaun+of+the+dead+and+hot+fuzz+gifs.+Or+Simon_b191f3_4681993.gif
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Concept build for togglemancer

First bar (any staff)
    1. Daedric Prey
    2. Volatile Familiar (toggle)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

Second bar (any staff)
    1. Crystal Blast (Since you can't proc it, you might as well get the AOE morph)
    2. Volatile familiar (toggle)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Greater Storm Atronach

Third bar [when activating Power Overload]
    1. Power Surge
    2. Mage's Wrath (familiar explodes)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

How to play it:
    - Always manage your ultimate so you have enough to switch between bars 1 and 3. Don't let it go above the limit either.
    - When your Power Surge runs out, make sure Daedric Prey is active and activate Power Overload. This will detonate your volatile familiar. You can then activate Power Surge, exit overload and recast your familiar.
    - To conserve magicka, throw a few overloaded light attacks from time to time.
    - For the execute phase, activate overload and spam Mage's Wrath.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 11, 2015 5:15PM
    Wololo.
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Concept build for togglemancer

First bar (any staff)
    1. Daedric Prey
    2. Unstable Familiar (toggle)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

Second bar (any staff)
    1. Crystal Blast (Since you can't proc it, you might as well get the AOE morph)
    2. Unstable familiar (toggle)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Greater Storm Atronach

Third bar [when activating Power Overload]
    1. Power Surge
    2. Mage's Wrath (familiar explodes)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

How to play it:
    - Always manage your ultimate so you have enough to switch between bars 1 and 3. Don't let it go above the limit either.
    - When your Power Surge runs out, make sure Daedric Prey is active and activate Power Overload. This will detonate your unstable familiar. You can then activate Power Surge, exit overload and recast your familiar.
    - To conserve magicka, throw a few overloaded light attacks from time to time.
    - For the execute phase, activate overload and spam Mage's Wrath.

If you support the togglemancer build sir...

gandalf-you-shall-not-pass.gif
    Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 11, 2015 5:08PM
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 11, 2015 5:10PM
    Options
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    3b75813af2350e14a3403e46e8539c3cb2f8d44e36b0a0ff450203ef80b42b2c.jpg

Can I dig out some old 1-button-mouse to use for togglemancer, good sir?
    Edited by Hridh on February 11, 2015 5:10PM
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS killing the Sorcerer class via nerf beating.
    Shaun+of+the+dead+and+hot+fuzz+gifs.+Or+Simon_b191f3_4681993.gif

This is still one of my fav scenes ever!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tVH7BPb-Q

"Don't stop me now..." :p
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firewatch wrote: »
    I see another year of beta testing 1.6 in our future. And then another year of beta testing when they remove the veteran leveling system.

They won't hold off pushing 1.6 to live. They will put it in before Tamriel Unlimited starts March 17th. They've already advertised it's part of that "Re-launch". Below is a quote from an article online about the launch. It was quoted from http://www.crossmap.com/news/elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-release-date-heads-to-pc-mac-on-march-17-while-xbox-one-ps-16413

"Last month, Jessica Folsom of ZeniMax Online Studios elaborated that when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited goes live, it includes all the gameplay from the original Windows and Mac games as well as all the updates and added contents plus the exciting new Justice and Champion systems."
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    ZoS: When they see Sorcerers doing dps well

kill_it_with_fire.gif
    Options
  • sput4ueb17_ESO
    sput4ueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to hear just 1 comment from a Zos sorcerer player about 1.6 - 1.6.2 .
    They cant be so blind some must have try pve content also
    So pls Zos give us examples How do you think a sorcerr build should be?
    Options
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This^^ without pets!
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    tumblr_inline_mojevvVoif1qz4rgp.gif

Sorcerer Magicka based builds are still completely worthless. We've receive no needed changes promised by Developers. On top of this you dramatically nerfed our one redeeming damage ability...based of Dragon Knights crying in pvp....

Currently Sorcerers are forced to use the Daedric pets...whether you want to or not. As without them out dps for Magicka based builds is [snip] horrible. The one redeeming dps ability we had going for us "Crushing Shock"....now has it's damage nerfed into the ground... Even though it barely damages in pvp...

Needless to say ZoS. You need to fix Sorcerer damage with magicka builds asap. If I am forced to reroll or respec to a stamina based build. Don't dough that I'll simply drop this game like a rock. Players didn't work their butts off, to be stepped on. Meanwhile you listen to a vocal minority and ruin the game.

Get it together and fix this...this isn't a request or a suggestion anymore. You beta tested the game on pc players for almost a year now. As if we weren't crapped on enough...If Sorcerers aren't fixed properly by 1.6 live release...then peace. I'm done paying for a game, where the few crying out loud...out weigh the many.
    Daedric Summoning
    Summon Storm Atronach: Fixed an issue where this ability was only scaling off your magicka stats, but not your stamina stats. It will now correctly pick the largest value.
    Dark Magic
    Exploitation: Removed the graphical effects from this passive due to it being too difficult to notice and causing performance issues
    Destruction Staff
    Decreased the damage of Force Shock and Crushing Shock by 10%.
    Elemental Ring (Impulse morph): Fixed an issue with the tooltip not displaying the appropriate duration for the damage over time.

Options
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    firewatch wrote: »
    I see another year of beta testing 1.6 in our future. And then another year of beta testing when they remove the veteran leveling system.

They won't hold off pushing 1.6 to live. They will put it in before Tamriel Unlimited starts March 17th.

I agree. We have been paying to beta test this game for the last year and we will continue beta testing when 1.6 goes live in March. It's called "live", but its really a beta test. This game is obviously still in development and we are paying to test it. ZOS still hasn't even figured out its game design much less how to balance it.
    Options
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have much experience in PvP, but I have talked with friends who do at very high levels, and who have played several classes. Their ideas seem to be the following:

1. Sorcerers are comparatively useless in PvP other than for their Negate ultimate. They are just Negate machines.
    2. Templars are OP in PvP and PvE because they are the ones who complain the loudest.

I enjoy playing as a Sorcerer, because that's the kind of character I want to be. If Zenimax is making daedric pets more viable that is something I strongly welcome, although I wish other abilities were not nerfed. Playing with pets is just not very reactive. If you just summon your pet and only have to stand there and watch while the pet does the work for you, that's not much fun.

Also, Sorcerers are meant to be the archetype of magicka-users, more than any other class. If you want to be a mage, you roll a Sorcerer. Nerfing magicka-based builts for Sorcerers is absolutely counter-intuitive and illogical. I agree you should make stamina-based builts more viable, I strongly agree. But that is not achieved by nerfing magicka builds to make stamina more attractive comparatively. I have not played on the PTS, but I dearly hope that will not be the case.

Although part of the Elder Scrolls philosophy is that you should be able to play in whichever role you want, no matter which class you play, people still like to have a role when they are in a group. That's how you feel that you are contributing to something, that you have your own special task. If other classes can perform in any role better than Sorcerers can, it will be just too much of a disappointment.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
    Options