1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

• rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Feynn wrote: »
    I don't have much experience in PvP, but I have talked with friends who do at very high levels, and who have played several classes. Their ideas seem to be the following:

1. Sorcerers are comparatively useless in PvP other than for their Negate ultimate. They are just Negate machines.
    2. Templars are OP in PvP and PvE because they are the ones who complain the loudest.

I enjoy playing as a Sorcerer, because that's the kind of character I want to be. If Zenimax is making daedric pets more viable that is something I strongly welcome, although I wish other abilities were not nerfed. Playing with pets is just not very reactive. If you just summon your pet and only have to stand there and watch while the pet does the work for you, that's not much fun.

Also, Sorcerers are meant to be the archetype of magicka-users, more than any other class. If you want to be a mage, you roll a Sorcerer. Nerfing magicka-based builts for Sorcerers is absolutely counter-intuitive and illogical. I agree you should make stamina-based builts more viable, I strongly agree. But that is not achieved by nerfing magicka builds to make stamina more attractive comparatively. I have not played on the PTS, but I dearly hope that will not be the case.

Although part of the Elder Scrolls philosophy is that you should be able to play in whichever role you want, no matter which class you play, people still like to have a role when they are in a group. That's how you feel that you are contributing to something, that you have your own special task. If other classes can perform in any role better than Sorcerers can, it will be just too much of a disappointment.

No finer words have been spoke...applause sir!

hathawaycryclap.gif
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Concept build for togglemancer

First bar (any staff)
    1. Daedric Prey
    2. Volatile Familiar (toggle)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

Second bar (any staff)
    1. Crystal Blast (Since you can't proc it, you might as well get the AOE morph)
    2. Volatile familiar (toggle)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Greater Storm Atronach

Third bar [when activating Power Overload]
    1. Power Surge
    2. Mage's Wrath (familiar explodes)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

How to play it:
    - Always manage your ultimate so you have enough to switch between bars 1 and 3. Don't let it go above the limit either.
    - When your Power Surge runs out, make sure Daedric Prey is active and activate Power Overload. This will detonate your volatile familiar. You can then activate Power Surge, exit overload and recast your familiar.
    - To conserve magicka, throw a few overloaded light attacks from time to time.
    - For the execute phase, activate overload and spam Mage's Wrath.

Mages wrath is essentially worthless as its less dps than overload and only 1k above blast. Having entropy on the overload bar and saving ultimate for execute or burn phase would be my go to strategy with this extremely complex and demanding build (AoE will come with fragments what more can you ask for!). It will certainly seperate the wheat from the chaff...

Also i would not use the familar but the clannfear because that mighty predador more than doubles the dps of the familar.
    Similar thing goes for the ward instead of curse. It provides our mighty daedric slaves with the survivability they need to face any opponent (also it cuts down on switching bars).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Derra wrote: »

First bar (any staff)
    1. Daedric Prey
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

Second bar (any staff)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)

1. Power Surge
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

How to play it:
    - Always manage your ultimate so you have enough to switch between bars 1 and 3. Don't let it go above the limit either.
    - When your Power Surge runs out, make sure Daedric Prey is active and activate Power Overload. This will detonate your volatile familiar. You can then activate Power Surge, exit overload and recast your familiar.

Mages wrath is essentially worthless as its less dps than overload and only 1k above blast. Having entropy on the overload bar and saving ultimate for execute or burn phase would be my go to strategy with this extremely complex and demanding build (AoE will come with fragments what more can you ask for!). It will certainly seperate the wheat from the chaff...

Also i would not use the familar but the clannfear because that mighty predador more than doubles the dps of the familar.
    Similar thing goes for the ward instead of curse. It provides our mighty daedric slaves with the survivability they need to face any opponent (also it cuts down on switching bars).

Once again...no one supports this build.
    Options
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

First bar (any staff)
    1. Daedric Prey
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

Second bar (any staff)
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)

1. Power Surge
    3. Bound Aegis (toggle)
    4. Twilight (toggle)
    5. Inner light (toggle)
    Ult. Power Overload

How to play it:

Once again...no one supports this build.

I think someone's second degree detector is broken....
    Back on topic, could I have my daedric slaves although bringing me skooma and moon sugared popcorn to munch while they complete the vile and base task of fighting my unworthy foes?
    Options
  • Simzani
    Simzani
    ✭✭✭
    Zos can't balance sorcs because of their 2 op spells, bolt escape and cristal shard. They need to remove it completely before they can begin to work on this class. Otherwise, because of their existence, they can only nerf sorcs again and again in all of their spells and passives. If you play a sorc, ask zos to remove these two toxics spells.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc DPS in 1.6.2 is really really bad.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simzani wrote: »
    Zos can't balance sorcs because of their 2 op spells, bolt escape and cristal shard. They need to remove it completely before they can begin to work on this class. Otherwise, because of their existence, they can only nerf sorcs again and again in all of their spells and passives. If you play a sorc, ask zos to remove these two toxics spells.

It´s not contagious is it?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Zos can't balance sorcs because of their 2 op spells

Are you saying that other classes don't have any OP abilities? :o
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
    Options
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_inline_mojevvVoif1qz4rgp.gif

Sorcerer Magicka based builds are still completely worthless. We've receive no needed changes promised by Developers. On top of this you dramatically nerfed our one redeeming damage ability...based of Dragon Knights crying in pvp....

Currently Sorcerers are forced to use the Daedric pets...whether you want to or not. As without them out dps for Magicka based builds is [snip] horrible. The one redeeming dps ability we had going for us "Crushing Shock"....now has it's damage nerfed into the ground... Even though it barely damages in pvp...

Needless to say ZoS. You need to fix Sorcerer damage with magicka builds asap. If I am forced to reroll or respec to a stamina based build. Don't dough that I'll simply drop this game like a rock. Players didn't work their butts off, to be stepped on. Meanwhile you listen to a vocal minority and ruin the game.

Get it together and fix this...this isn't a request or a suggestion anymore. You beta tested the game on pc players for almost a year now. As if we weren't crapped on enough...If Sorcerers aren't fixed properly by 1.6 live release...then peace. I'm done paying for a game, where the few crying out loud...out weigh the many.
    Daedric Summoning
    Summon Storm Atronach: Fixed an issue where this ability was only scaling off your magicka stats, but not your stamina stats. It will now correctly pick the largest value.
    Dark Magic
    Exploitation: Removed the graphical effects from this passive due to it being too difficult to notice and causing performance issues
    Destruction Staff
    Decreased the damage of Force Shock and Crushing Shock by 10%.
    Elemental Ring (Impulse morph): Fixed an issue with the tooltip not displaying the appropriate duration for the damage over time.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

WTF how sorcs are not good?
    Options
  • Azrazel
    Azrazel
    ✭✭
    I think ZOS needs to remove all non-toggle sorc spells and replace them with toggles. That way I don't have to press any buttons during fights. I suggest turning impulse into a fire-fountain. That way I can just stand there spewing fire out my ***, watching things die. We can call this the "I had taco bell last night" sorc build.
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Azrazel wrote: »
    I think ZOS needs to remove all non-toggle sorc spells and replace them with toggles. That way I don't have to press any buttons during fights. I suggest turning impulse into a fire-fountain. That way I can just stand there spewing fire out my ***, watching things die. We can call this the "I had taco bell last night" sorc build.

Robert-Downey-Jr-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1388.gif
    Options
  • Irista
    Irista
    ✭✭
    ZoS killing the Sorcerer class via nerf beating.
    Shaun+of+the+dead+and+hot+fuzz+gifs.+Or+Simon_b191f3_4681993.gif

ZOS new admin skill:

Nerf Bat - the ability to nerf everything in sight within an 10m radius.

Morphs-
    Nerf Shovel - (The same as Nerf Bat) New Effect: Bludgeoning is now applied to your weapon giving you 30% chance to insta-kill a skill/spell/class.

Nerf Pool Stick - (The same as Nerf Bat) New Effect: Increases the radius to 20m and instantly applies the 'Arrow in the Knee' Effect. All enemies with this effect are now stunned and enable to use any skills accept toggle abilities that are already active.
    @Irista - Max Clothier/Woodworker - "I craft for smiles! (and tips! ;D )"

Renwyn Delau - VR14 Magicka Sorceror

The Black Hand
    - Ebonheart Pact
    Treasurer
    blackhandgaming.net
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL LOL LOL!

your kidding right? please tell me you are...

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to hear just 1 comment from a Zos sorcerer player about 1.6 - 1.6.2 .
    They cant be so blind some must have try pve content also
    So pls Zos give us examples How do you think a sorcerr build should be?

No one in ZoS has a Sorcerer to test. They didn't want to create one because it included Pets.....
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    No one in ZoS has a Sorcerer to test. They didn't want to create one because it included Pets.....

Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Togglemancer should work. Some people love pet builds and hate complex rotations. The problem arises when the Togglemancer is the clear winner for PvE DPS, so everyone has to run this boring build of flappy annoyance.

At least this thread is giving me plenty of chances to click the LOL button in a non-ironic manner :)
    Edited by Snit on February 11, 2015 7:00PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Irista
    Irista
    ✭✭

Your ignorant comment says to me that all you play is PvP. So you must be upset that sorcs use bolt escape to run away, or you get hit out of no where with a frag crit that knocks you on your hindquarters.

Reasons why bolt escape is nice for other reasons than your crying:
    PVE - because we're squishy cloth wearers. Bosses hurt. And so do adds. And oh yeah, big red circles that are TOO BIG to dodge roll out of if you're caught in the middle. Bolt escape.

I rolled a sorc to try something different in an MMO for once. I have been playing MMOs for 10 years (this includes MANY games). I have always played a healer, and picked a more.. jack of all trades master of none type classes. This time I went with a sorc to try out a DPS magic casting class that could also be decent at off-healing.

I am starting to lean toward agreeing with whoever mentioned that there must not be a lot of PVE dungeon delve/trial testing in the PTS.

Deltia's video 'showcasing' the awesome ... *cough* DPS we do with pets now is him vs. mobs in craglorn.. which he dies from. ZOS - Can you start listening to players who do stuff other than PVP and solo grind?

Taking pets (and NO Deltia, you can't command your pet. They have their own taunt table and will get ripped off the mob you send them after if they are hit by something else) into PVE, kneecapping sorcs into this 1 build is complete bull.

I was excited about the game and 'playing my class to suite my play style'. Currently as a sorc, one of my best rolls I fit in dungeons is clearing up trash mobs with AOE. I use crit surge to keep myself alive, along with boundless storms. And.. you nerf crit surge. Using Elemental Drain + Crushing Shock + crystal frag instant cast proc is how (not sure if this is the majority or not..) I maintain a decent amount of DPS while being the mana-battery that my passives make me.

Annnd.. you nerf crushing shock.

Yes. I signed up to pay money just to put toggles on my bar. *sarcasm*

I'm fine if you want to rework my class and make us more of a conjuration class.
    I loved the conjuration magic in previous ES games. Just fix the other 2 trees to make us conjurers. I'd love to conjure up an atronach.

I came back to the game because I was excited about the changes.. Now I'm having to possibly look at rerolling so I won't be a hindrance to my trial team?

Trial teams won't pick up sorcs after this. We will be a waste of space. And we've been nerfed as healers as well. So basically you have successfully killed a class.

Fellow ESO community members -
    I apologize for my rant being so long-winded. I'm not a QQer, but a generally concerned gamer and consumer that this will completely knee-cap my game play. As people have mentioned before, please listen to the majority, not the whiney vocal minority that plagues every game.

I really don't want ESO to turn into WoW.. where blizzard pandered to every cry-fest and forced all of us hard-core gamers/raiders out of the game before Lich King ever released.

The Black Hand
    - Ebonheart Pact
    Treasurer
    blackhandgaming.net
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO ZOS should have included the Daedric Summoning Skill line for EVERY class. In previous TES games you didn't have to be magicka based to summon help, you just had to have enough magicka to do so. I loved being in sneak mode in Skyrim with my bow and casting an atronach right in the middle of a bunch of falmers in a cave. Then pick them off one by one. It was a blast!

By adding this skill line ONLY to Sorcerer's, they made them dependent upon skills outside their own class to do decent damage when NOT using a pet. Want more DPS? You can take a spell from the Mages Guild for that. Want better healing? You can take a spell from Mages Guild or Restoration Staff skills for that.

ZoS isn't it about time you gave Sorcerers decent DPS spells that AREN'T from another Class and have NOTHING to do with Pets!

How are we supposed to "Play as we Like" when you don't really give us that option on Sorcerers.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Yup...it would be different if we were given choices like the other classes. With a Sorcerer in 1.6 you use pets (Togglemancer) or you use bow/2hander. Man so many choices....

ZoS needs to fix this asap and needs to respond asap.
    Options
  • Irista
    Irista
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    IMO ZOS should have included the Daedric Summoning Skill line for EVERY class. In previous TES games you didn't have to be magicka based to summon help, you just had to have enough magicka to do so. I loved being in sneak mode in Skyrim with my bow and casting an atronach right in the middle of a bunch of falmers in a cave. Then pick them off one by one. It was a blast!

By adding this skill line ONLY to Sorcerer's, they made them dependent upon skills outside their own class to do decent damage when NOT using a pet. Want more DPS? You can take a spell from the Mages Guild for that. Want better healing? You can take a spell from Mages Guild or Restoration Staff skills for that.

ZoS isn't it about time you gave Sorcerers decent DPS spells that AREN'T from another Class and have NOTHING to do with Pets!

How are we supposed to "Play as we Like" when you don't really give us that option on Sorcerers.

Completely agree. And you reminded me of my sneaky bow skyrim days of doing the same thing with an atronach.

Good idea on removing the daedric tree completely. Or at least make it to where we don't HAVE to have them equipped to be viable DPS... Currently now I know I'm not the 'best' DPS class in live, but I have fun with it. I didn't pick this class so I could literally babysit a pet... zzzzzz...

The Black Hand
    - Ebonheart Pact
    Treasurer
    blackhandgaming.net
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    tmdsqkklcg47.jpg
    Options
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I get that pet builds do better DPS. But I'm curious how that build holds up in Trials and dungeons. Can anyone that has tried let us know how that went?
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Ok, I get that pet builds do better DPS. But I'm curious how that build holds up in Trials and dungeons. Can anyone that has tried let us know how that went?

If you read over the whole thread here. You'll see multiple players and screenshots.
    Options
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like pets much either, especially because they eat up my bar and don't give me any interesting choices. If you could make the pets just vanity pets and then give me a passive that makes my vanity pet actually attack. Then make all the active skills in the pet line and create ones that let you assist or interact with the pets. Not just toggle on. If you want to be a pet master then you should still have choices and need to develop skills that are interactive. Just an idea.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you read over the whole thread here. You'll see multiple players don't give a [snip] about the pet build.

* fixed

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 11, 2015 8:03PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irista wrote: »
    Completely agree. And you reminded me of my sneaky bow skyrim days of doing the same thing with an atronach.

Good idea on removing the daedric tree completely. Or at least make it to where we don't HAVE to have them equipped to be viable DPS... Currently now I know I'm not the 'best' DPS class in live, but I have fun with it. I didn't pick this class so I could literally babysit a pet... zzzzzz...

My favorite character in Skyrim used a bow with summons - two permanent zombie thralls, a bandit leader and bandit marauder with maul. They kick serious butt and tank for me while I fire my bow and chain lightning enemies.

That is what I want for sorcerer summons. Reanimate any NPC corpse as a permanent zombie that follows you between zones and persists even when logged off. Be careful about zapping or frying potential zombies to ash!

Our current summons are so lackluster and boring it's painful to use them. We don't even get atronachs except a storm atronach as an ultimate that only lasts a few seconds and isn't even mobile. A proper summoner can summon a storm atronach to follow him around and command to do his bidding, and it won't disappear until dismissed or killed.

Anyway, my bigger concern is with stamina sorcerers. Magicka sorcerers at least get the benefit of strong shields. Not that I think magicka sorcerers are in a good place but wtf are stamina sorcerers supposed to do?
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irista wrote: »

My favorite character in Skyrim used a bow with summons - two permanent zombie thralls, a bandit leader and bandit marauder with maul. They kick serious butt and tank for me while I fire my bow and chain lightning enemies.

That is what I want for sorcerer summons. Reanimate any NPC corpse as a permanent zombie that follows you between zones and persists even when logged off. Be careful about zapping or frying potential zombies to ash!

Our current summons are so lackluster and boring it's painful to use them. We don't even get atronachs except a storm atronach as an ultimate that only lasts a few seconds and isn't even mobile. A proper summoner can summon a storm atronach to follow him around and command to do his bidding, and it won't disappear until dismissed or killed.

Anyway, my bigger concern is with stamina sorcerers. Magicka sorcerers at least get the benefit of strong shields. Not that I think magicka sorcerers are in a good place but wtf are stamina sorcerers supposed to do?

Any of these summons would make Sorcerers a funner class.

They still need greater DPS Spells outside of pets regardless of any changes made to pets. Sorcerers should be good at DPS regardless of whether they have a pet slotted or not.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

Any of these summons would make Sorcerers a funner class.

They still need greater DPS Spells outside of pets regardless of any changes made to pets. Sorcerers should be good at DPS regardless of whether they have a pet slotted or not.

Agree'd completely. ZoS needs to simply remove the pets from the tree completely. Rebuild the tree from the ground up.

or

Improve the tree by revamping pets completely. We don't want to summon lesser daedra. And the pets need more control. Pets should have their own bar, stats, and abilities. If ZoS can't do this, then the pet tree doesn't need to exist at all.
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is not going to undertake a fundamental class/ tree redesign this close to console launch. Our best path forward is not to dream of that, but to provide feedback and practical suggestions regarding what's actually on the test server.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rerolled a stamina sorcerer so that I could have fun with surge and get a ton of weapon damage. Now all classes get access to the exact same thing with Momentum and I don't see any reason to be a sorcerer anymore.

What does a stamina sorcerer have that a templar or a nightblade can't do better?
    Edited by Gyudan on February 11, 2015 8:03PM
    Wololo.
    Options