1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

• Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Anyway, my bigger concern is with stamina sorcerers. Magicka sorcerers at least get the benefit of strong shields. Not that I think magicka sorcerers are in a good place but wtf are stamina sorcerers supposed to do?
    I rerolled a stamina sorcerer so that I could have fun with surge and get a ton of weapon damage. Now all classes get access to the exact same thing with Momentum and I don't see any reason to be a sorcerer anymore.

What does a stamina sorcerer have that a templar or a nightblade can't do better?

will be even better if pets will sacle of max pool (mana/stamina-phis.crit/spell crit)

Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    If the following changes were made for Sorcerers. Our dps would be great again and these are simple changes.

CRYSTAL FRAGMENTS IV
    Cast Time: 0.5 seconds

Deals XXXX Magic Damage to target. 45% chance to make your next use an instant cast and cost 100% less when activating ability with a Magicka cost.

Increase Damage by 20% on this ability. Remove the knock-back. Increase instant cast chance and make it free. Shorten cast time to 0.5 sec.

VELOCIOUS CURSE IV
    Cast Time: Instant

Target is cursed for 20.5 seconds. When effect completes target takes XXXX Magic Damage, and nearby enemies take XXX Magic Damage. While target is cursed, Sorcerer spells against the target do a additional 5% damage.

Increase Damage by 20% on this ability. Increase Velocious Curse duration to 20.5 seconds. Caster deals additional damage to cursed target.
    Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 11, 2015 8:44PM
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree'd completely. ZoS needs to simply remove the pets from the tree completely. Rebuild the tree from the ground up.

or

Improve the tree by revamping pets completely. We don't want to summon lesser daedra. And the pets need more control. Pets should have their own bar, stats, and abilities. If ZoS can't do this, then the pet tree doesn't need to exist at all.

My Rift necromancer had fun pets that were highly useful, even in PvP. After the pet revamp my caster pet would rack up great damage in Conquest (which was a zerg vs zerg PvP zone where AOE was great). In some battlegrounds I would top the damage list with it. If I remember correctly it spread a DoT via AOE and could even increase your own damage with one of it's skills.

That's not to say pets were OP or even that they were the best choice for PvP, but they were useful and fun. The caster pet did great AOE damage and all pets had their own skills you could make them use automatically or manually, with their own skill bars. You could even control them. I know, the very idea of controlling your pets is mind blowing right?

There's a lot ZOS could do but for some reason they only gave us three boring pets that aren't very effective. And besides pets, what else does the sorcerer have going for it? Crystal fragments, critical surge, streak/BoL. Umm that's about it. I mean does anyone ever use the prisons or daedric mines?
    Options
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    To avoid the the 'togglemancer' trope. Why not just make some of the morphs duration based, so that you only have to put them on one bar?

Imagine if volatile familiar was a limited duration summon, that exploded for damage when the duration ran out or it was killed, but whose explosion did more damage based on the amount of damage that it did during the time it was alive.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Takuto wrote: »
    To avoid the the 'togglemancer' trope. Why not just make some of the morphs duration based, so that you only have to put them on one bar?

Imagine if volatile familiar was a limited duration summon, that exploded for damage when the duration ran out or it was killed, but whose explosion did more damage based on the amount of damage that it did during the time it was alive.

They need to change something and fast.
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    awesome gif op, love vikings lol
    Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are meant to be sneaky burglars. Not spell casters. it's the only lore friendly way.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    ZOS is not going to undertake a fundamental class/ tree redesign this close to console launch. Our best path forward is not to dream of that, but to provide feedback and practical suggestions regarding what's actually on the test server.

They wouldn't need to. They can change existing spells in the class lines to do better damage so we don't have to rely on pets. They should have already been there imo.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still holding out with hope. I refuse to flip to my v14 templar just because sorc is zos's punching bag of month.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree'd completely. ZoS needs to simply remove the pets from the tree completely. Rebuild the tree from the ground up.

or

Improve the tree by revamping pets completely. We don't want to summon lesser daedra. And the pets need more control. Pets should have their own bar, stats, and abilities. If ZoS can't do this, then the pet tree doesn't need to exist at all.

My Rift necromancer had fun pets that were highly useful, even in PvP.

That build may just be the best MMO experience of my entire gaming life. It was a sincere pleasure playing a true DOT class and knowing someone was already dead long before they had realized it.

Off topic ... but such nostalgia. Before they nerfed it to death!
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    I am still holding out with hope. I refuse to flip to my v14 templar just because sorc is zos's punching bag of month.

Month? Must have been playing Archage or something since its release in September...
    Options
  • Mariiana
    Mariiana
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Mariiana wrote: »
    Carter_DC wrote: »
    i kinda disaggree with the tone, but sorcerers are definitely useless in HL pve now...
    I'm just gonna do the same as everyone with 1.6..reroll nightblade.

You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried...

....A lot of us are re-rolling Templar rather than NB! :p

templar for dps??? just cuz they got an execute???

only good templar dps that ive seen so far still in 1.6 is a stam build, and the only thing a stam build benefits from on a temp is radiant aura, which got hit by the nerf hammer hard.... so please explain to me what you mean...

You my friend, have no idea what a Stam templar can do nowadays. My tests on pts gave me approx 10k dps as Templar stam DD. And on top of that I had not the optimal gear, not the optimal buffs and not rotation lol.

GDJE1sE.png

Sure they nerfed our Biting jabs from 170% to 140%. But we will find ways :)

And yes, Magicka Sorc/Nbs totally broken. On the other hand, it seems all ranged classes do only like 8k dps. The only reason why Magicka DKs do more dmg is because they got DoTs.

A ranged DK also only does 8k dps. If a DK gets close he can do approx 10-12k

I think you misunderstood my meaning, i know that stamplars are pretty good. i assume you use bow/2H....what templar skills are you using on the bars?? only one i ever see any stamplar use is radiant aura, and maybe BoL.

Can you see what i mean now? that same build on any other class is still good, if not better.

biting jabs being stam now does make a slight difference, but even that got a dmg reduction in the latest patch like you said.
    ~~~ EP ~~~
    Mariiana- VR16 Templar
    Mariiahna VR16 NB
    Roheel VR14 DK
    Xinthuur VR4 Sorc
    Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So distilling a few concerns I have as a sorc:

I rolled a sorc because like many (not all) I wanted to be a king of magic, even if magic was not the most powerful route in game. It fulfilled both the pvp and rpg elements of the game for me.

The problem is, I don't feel like the king of magic anymore. My DK and Templar can achieve equal and higher magicka stats than my sorc. With magic, my DK and templar each have far more utility than my sorc. You gave me skills like a gap opener (bolt), but it is worthless because of all the closers (bol absorb excluded). You said I could heal while doing damage with surge, and now I can't. You gave me one hard hitting class skill, and designed the remainder of the game to counter it and turn it against me (reflects/absorbs everywhere).

Here's my ultimate concern, one of the last bastions of utility (though very limited) lies in: mine cc, overload, and shield stacking. Things some ez-moders also want nerfed.

Are you going keep giving them everything they want, or throw us a bone?
    Edited by Vis on February 11, 2015 10:41PM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • Aeternus
    Aeternus
    ✭✭
    I'm not opposed to pet builds generally speaking. In GW2 I played a necro minion master tank and it was a lot of fun. As others here have said before, the problem is the amount of space the pet toggle skills take up on our very limited action bar, leaving sorcs with only 2-4 active skills to use. I don't know if anyone has ever suggested it , but would being able to only have to keep the toggles on one bar, or a seperate bar for pets be out of the question? They could be redesigned to have more utility than damage (i.e. reliable stuns, debuffs, snares) so that way we could focus on using our main skills more for dps.
    Edited by Aeternus on February 11, 2015 10:48PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the following changes were made for Sorcerers. Our dps would be great again and these are simple changes.

CRYSTAL FRAGMENTS IV

Deals XXXX Magic Damage to target. 45% chance to make your next use an instant cast and cost 100% less when activating ability with a Magicka cost.

Increase Damage by 20% on this ability. Remove the knock-back. Increase instant cast chance and make it free. Shorten cast time to 0.5 sec.

No no no no no no noooooooo! What's wrong with you my friend ? O.O
    REMOVE the KNOCKDOWN of Crystal shard ? This knockback is, what was keeping this class alive. The damage of crystal shard was never thaaaat insane (even though the number might look good on the paper)

We NEEEED this knockdown, it's what gives us strenght. I would only increase the proc chance or make the proc deal more damage. But Auri-El, Magnus and Nirn: KEEP the knockdown <3
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VELOCIOUS CURSE IV
    Cast Time: Instant

Target is cursed for 20.5 seconds. When effect completes target takes XXXX Magic Damage, and nearby enemies take XXX Magic Damage. While target is cursed, Sorcerer spells against the target do a additional 5% damage.

Increase Damage by 20% on this ability. Increase Velocious Curse duration to 20.5 seconds. Caster deals additional damage to cursed target. [/b]

Are you insane? If you increase curse time to 20.5 seconds and it still only hits at the end, you'd have to multiply the damage by 3 or more to keep around the same DPS as now. I would MUCH rather turn the curse into a proper DoT ability with damage spread over the duration of the curse. Your proposed 5% increase to spell damage against target wouldn't even come close to mitigating the DPS loss due to the increased duration.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see ZOS doing much to this class honestly. I think that they believe Sorcs are just fine. If you play for sustainable DPS only then you're screwed rolling a Sorc. However if you want a class that can do okay DPS and last in a battle then Sorc might be the way to go.

I tested my Sorc this time around in PvE and with the gear I had (4 Willows, 4 Twilights, 3 Imperium Set. All enchanted Magicka. Rings enchanted Magicka regen and the random necklace is enchanted Fire Resist) Weapons were Dominion Ice Staffs (for Imperium Set and with precise trait) and the set up I had

1. Streak
    2. Elemental Ring
    3. Structured Entropy
    4. Inner Light
    5. Hardened Ward
    6. Ultimate- Batswarm

SECOND BAR

1. Crystal Blast
    2. Mage's Wrath
    3. Structured Entropy
    4. Inner Light
    5. Shattering Prison
    6. Ultimate- Meteor

With this build I was able to take on wasps, Welwas in Craglorn without much of a problem at all. I also solo'd a dolmen and a World Boss both in Bangkorai (Telesubi Ruins) without a huge problem. Unfortunately you kind of live and die with Streak, which was an ability I never used in PvE before. My highest DPS was 9k but usually it wasn't all that high but that's because I was using Streak, Heavy/Light attacks more often so fights lasted longer.

That's just my experience so far. Can the build be better? Absolutely, I would love to have more DPS in my bar like Destructive Reach, Vel. Curse or something like that but I need Entropy and Inner Light. I like the build so far but I will play around with it more. I was Stage 1 Vampire when I did this btw which is key really.

I am not in love with the place Sorcs are right now nor the chances that Sorcs will be invited to Trials or DSA anymore. I mainly PvP on the live server with my Sorc though so I don't know how hard it is for a Sorc to join teams... I've heard hard though.
    Options
  • Nybling
    Nybling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    I just watched a sorc get 14k dps with a caster build. Before you ask they had 90 champion points spent.

Build and rotation pls?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-x-nyblings-magicka-based-sorc-dps-champion-rank-71/page/4/#post-567158

The current last post in thread.

I want to see this man to do the DPS for more than 100 seconds... Impossible, the dps drops to 8k all the time...

I think you underestimate how sustainable overload is. Light Attacks w/ Overload regenerate Ultimate. After a minute I still had almost 700 ultimate left and that was with constant weaving after each crystal frags.
    Member, Entropy Rising
    - Beta Tester since March 2013.
    - Psijic Tester since October 2013
    - Veteran Rank 16 once upon a time
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

Are you insane? If you increase curse time to 20.5 seconds and it still only hits at the end, you'd have to multiply the damage by 3 or more to keep around the same DPS as now. I would MUCH rather turn the curse into a proper DoT ability with damage spread over the duration of the curse. Your proposed 5% increase to spell damage against target wouldn't even come close to mitigating the DPS loss due to the increased duration.

Well if someone knew how to read.... You would have read increasing it's damage overtime and at the explosion...
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Dracane wrote: »

CRYSTAL FRAGMENTS IV

No no no no no no noooooooo! What's wrong with you my friend ? O.O
    REMOVE the KNOCKDOWN of Crystal shard ? This knockback is, what was keeping this class alive. The damage of crystal shard was never thaaaat insane (even though the number might look good on the paper)

We NEEEED this knockdown, it's what gives us strenght. I would only increase the proc chance or make the proc deal more damage. But Auri-El, Magnus and Nirn: KEEP the knockdown <3

LOL ok we keep the knockdown
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Nybling wrote: »
    xherics wrote: »
    I just watched a sorc get 14k dps with a caster build. Before you ask they had 90 champion points spent.

Build and rotation pls?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-x-nyblings-magicka-based-sorc-dps-champion-rank-71/page/4/#post-567158

The current last post in thread.

I want to see this man to do the DPS for more than 100 seconds... Impossible, the dps drops to 8k all the time...

I think you underestimate how sustainable overload is. Light Attacks w/ Overload regenerate Ultimate. After a minute I still had almost 700 ultimate left and that was with constant weaving after each crystal frags.

Nybling...not trying to be rude. However you're the same person champing pet builds along with Erlexx on Tamriel Foundry. I don't think anyone here respects you for that or that you are helping the further downfall of our class.

If you hadn't noticed. The major of the people who play this class, are seriously unhappy with it, and we are all calling for change. This thread alone is proof of that.

Overload is bugged and has been reported 101 times. It will be fixed.

As a member of Entropy Rising you have the Developers ear some what. You of all people should be using to pull out class out of the dump.
    Edited by rogue_gamer32b14_ESO on February 12, 2015 12:55AM
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For real? I know it's sustainable on live but I thought the ultimate regen change would seriously diminish the sustainability.
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

For real? I know it's sustainable on live but I thought the ultimate regen change would seriously diminish the sustainability.

It's a known bug. Don't listen.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdn.gif
    #FixCloak
    Edited by TheBull on February 12, 2015 12:58AM
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if someone knew how to read.... You would have read increasing it's damage overtime and at the explosion...

Well, if someone knew how to write... I quoted you directly, and all you said was:

- Increase duration to 20.5 seconds;
    - When effect completes target takes XXXX Magic Damage, and nearby enemies take XXX Magic Damage;
    - While target is cursed, Sorcerer spells against the target do a additional 5% damage; and
    - Increase Damage by 20% on this ability.

Nowhere do you speak of damage over time. As for the 20% / 5% increases, I addressed them in my reply (they're not nearly enough to compensate). So, enlighten me - where exactly are my reading skills lacking? Or were you just trying to be perky?
    Options
  • rogue_gamer32b14_ESO

Well, if someone knew how to write... I quoted you directly, and all you said was:

- Increase duration to 20.5 seconds;
    - When effect completes target takes XXXX Magic Damage, and nearby enemies take XXX Magic Damage;
    - While target is cursed, Sorcerer spells against the target do a additional 5% damage; and
    - Increase Damage by 20% on this ability.

Nowhere do you speak of damage over time. As for the 20% / 5% increases, I addressed them in my reply (they're not nearly enough to compensate). So, enlighten me - where exactly are my reading skills lacking? Or were you just trying to be perky?

Chill out dude lol. This is a thread for feedback, not qq.
    Options