1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

• AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually want to play a Pet build (a summoner) but in PvP pets are worthless. They get one shotted and their AI basically says run ahead of the group so it just gets killed when the enemy have no players to target on. Given pet dps they are just ignored otherwise because they are hardly noticed.

Yes solo PvP a pet might be ok but last time I did solo PvP the other guy single shotted my Twilight and that was before I was even in range to attack him.
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades get life leech and disease DoT?

Oops, that was a draft that I didn't mean to post. But yes, that sounds very close to the nightblade siphoning line. Strife and it's morphs, and sap essence would fit into a 'life leech'. And although it's not disease, cripple is a dot that weakens it's target. Also, leeching strikes leeches hp per hit.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    tumblr_inline_mojevvVoif1qz4rgp.gif

Sorcerer Magicka based builds are still completely worthless. We've receive no needed changes promised by Developers. On top of this you dramatically nerfed our one redeeming damage ability...based of Dragon Knights crying in pvp....

Currently Sorcerers are forced to use the Daedric pets...whether you want to or not. As without them out dps for Magicka based builds is [snip] horrible. The one redeeming dps ability we had going for us "Crushing Shock"....now has it's damage nerfed into the ground... Even though it barely damages in pvp...

Needless to say ZoS. You need to fix Sorcerer damage with magicka builds asap. If I am forced to reroll or respec to a stamina based build. Don't dough that I'll simply drop this game like a rock. Players didn't work their butts off, to be stepped on. Meanwhile you listen to a vocal minority and ruin the game.

Get it together and fix this...this isn't a request or a suggestion anymore. You beta tested the game on pc players for almost a year now. As if we weren't crapped on enough...If Sorcerers aren't fixed properly by 1.6 live release...then peace. I'm done paying for a game, where the few crying out loud...out weigh the many.
    Daedric Summoning
    Summon Storm Atronach: Fixed an issue where this ability was only scaling off your magicka stats, but not your stamina stats. It will now correctly pick the largest value.
    Dark Magic
    Exploitation: Removed the graphical effects from this passive due to it being too difficult to notice and causing performance issues
    Destruction Staff
    Decreased the damage of Force Shock and Crushing Shock by 10%.
    Elemental Ring (Impulse morph): Fixed an issue with the tooltip not displaying the appropriate duration for the damage over time.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

See Ya!
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame, that people cant play the most OP class in eso, the sorcerer.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Shame, that people cant play the most OP class in eso, the sorcerer.

If I have a l2p issue with my sorcerer, could you please find me someone playing sorc better than me in PvP? I'm serious about this. I'm not saying I'm the best of all sorcs but I think there is not one who wouldn't have a hard time fighting me either.

Otherwise please just leave this thread, tyvm.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SO... Patch notes for 1.6.3 are out!

• Critical Surge (Surge Morph): This ability now correctly lists a 20-second duration in its tooltip.
    • Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted (2% spell power is less than a 1% damage increase I believe - Tiny buff!) instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells. (BIG nerf!)
    • Lightning Splash: Increased the duration to 6 seconds from 4 seconds.(Small buff)
    • Liquid Lighting (Lightning Splash Morph): Increased this ability’s duration to ten seconds, and removed the additional damage from the first hit. (Reduced damage!?!?!?! Wow... Another damage nerf!)
    • Overload: Reduced the rank up bonus damage for this ability from 3% to 1%. (More reduced damage) Also, Overload and its morphs will no longer trigger Ultimate gain from Light and Heavy Attacks. (Nerf)
    • Surge (All Ranks & Morphs): This ability can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields. (Sounds like a buff... until you realize that all players can crit against the only thing keeping us alive... our shield! which combined with a 15% nerf to damage shield... is a... wait for it... nerf!)

I'm.... shocked!

ZOS... I'm guessing we have maybe one more patch before 1.6 goes live? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... engage with us... pick a small handful of constructive Sorcs and lets have a quick chat over TS and chuck a few ideas around. Its SO easy to solve all of these issues with just 3 or 4 simple & realistic changes!

We don't want to be OP... we just want the class to not be at the bottom of every pile in PvE. On Friday in ESO liveEric Wrobel acknowledged that you had seen there was a problem... PLEASE let us help you fix it!
    Edited by Flaminir on February 17, 2015 9:54PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Surge (All Ranks & Morphs): This ability can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields. (Sounds like a buff... until you realize that all players can crit against the only thing keeping us alive... our shield! which combined with a 15% nerf to damage shield... is a... wait for it... nerf!)

I'm not sure that change means shields can be crit.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    [*] Surge (All Ranks & Morphs): This ability can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields. (Sounds like a buff... until you realize that all players can crit against the only thing keeping us alive... our shield! which combined with a 15% nerf to damage shield... is a... wait for it... nerf!)

I'm not sure that change means shields can be crit.

It does sound like it is... but I do agree... there is a little bit of vagueness in there.

Have ZoS changed the way the ability works by letting it base the heal off the standard non-crit damage dealt against a shield (When hitting somebody with a damage shield where a crit 'would' have applied if they didnt have a shield up)

Or have they changed it so you can crit damage shields, & therefore the ability just works as it does now, but with the change to the shield.

We could really do with some clarification on that one.

I'm worried that the simplest answer is usually the right one... and that's that damage shields are now crit'able.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • christoph.dessleb17_ESO
    I'm worried that the simplest answer is usually the right one... and that's that damage shields are now crit'able.

If that's the case they wouldn't bother to list every single skill that is now working correctly on shields.
    Edited by christoph.dessleb17_ESO on February 17, 2015 10:40PM
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If that's the case they wouldn't bother to list every single skill that is now working correctly on shields.

I so so so hope you are right :p
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[*] Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted (2% spell power is less than a 1% damage increase I believe - Tiny buff!) instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells. (BIG nerf!)

I was really baffled when the patch notes came out, the Expert Mage passive was really good because it made Mages Fury pretty cheap (good for execution phase during boss fights) and it made Bolt Escape cheaper to cast. This will have a big impact on bolt escape because it already costs more if you cost it twice within 4 seconds. Bolt escape will probably cost 20% more to cast because you often use it 2-3x in a row. This is teeth grinding frustrating, first nerf LA so it offers almost no protection against physical AND spell damage. Secondly nef shields, our only protection, by 15% in cyrodiil and by roughly 15% (with average crit rating of 30%) because some duelers only stack magicka and have big shields in 1vs1 fight. Finally increase, the already high cost, of Bolt escape effectively by 20%.

To summarize the 1.6.3 LA sorcerer:
    -low survivability because of small shields, no class self heal, no physical and spell resistance.
    -average damage, only crystal frags and curse are used for damage.
    -average execute because it costs more and only does damage from 20% health or lower.
    -little chance to escape because bolt escape costs more magicka.

Oh wait, its fixed with 2-3% increased spell damage, are you seriously having a laugh?

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted (2% spell power is less than a 1% damage increase I believe - Tiny buff!) instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells. (BIG nerf!)

I was really baffled when the patch notes came out, the Expert Mage passive was really good because it made Mages Fury pretty cheap (good for execution phase during boss fights) and it made Bolt Escape cheaper to cast. This will have a big impact on bolt escape because it already costs more if you cost it twice within 4 seconds. Bolt escape will probably cost 20% more to cast because you often use it 2-3x in a row. This is teeth grinding frustrating, first nerf LA so it offers almost no protection against physical AND spell damage. Secondly nef shields, our only protection, by 15% in cyrodiil and by roughly 15% (with average crit rating of 30%) because some duelers only stack magicka and have big shields in 1vs1 fight. Finally increase, the already high cost, of Bolt escape effectively by 20%.

-low survivability because of small shields, no class self heal, no physical and spell resistance.
    -average execute because it costs more and only does damage from 20% health or lower.

Oh wait, its fixed with 2-3% increased spell damage, are you seriously having a laugh?

do not forget that curse is now blockable...
    i would really love to see the uproar if dk dots and dotalikes would be changed to have the same restrictions as curse with only one per caster AND per target.
    that would by the way fix the dps advantage of dks in pve in one go :P
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

i would really love to see the uproar if dk dots and dotalikes would be changed to have the same restrictions as curse with only one per caster AND per target.

Because you can only hit one boss at the same time? I don't think so.

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »

Because you can only hit one boss at the same time? I don't think so.

This might be a disadvantage damage wise but it still could be useful. Because blocking costs a lot of stamina it can be used to drain stamina faster. With the benefit that the curse cant be reflected.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy nirn guys I've been waiting for the forums to come up to share this with you. The silver lining for the sorcs in 1.6.3 was hidden in the PTS, and I may have not seen it had it not been for a helpful sorc passing by spreading the good news. So I'm passing this forward, but don't celebrate too much because the NB will be all over us with their nerf desires.

Check it out, unstable clanfear now heals when you unsummon it (and it is a good heal!). We got a heal guys!! They did listen to us, they just didn't tell us about it in the patch notes! I apologize for my surly attitude :( You can't just spam it (have to wait for the clanfear to start summoning) but you can get it off pretty fast (you lose the mag if you mess up and no heal). Before you cheer too much though (give with one hand take with another) the shields are pretty bunk atm so we are probably going to need this heal in a way we didn't before. But this new heal opens up a ton of doors for us and un-tethers us from the resto staff in PVP (awesome!). This was a change we needed, and we got it. Thank you ZOS :smiley:

Other good changes:

Encase fixed- removed the delay that was added, it actually seems to work better than on live! Better than ever, awesome.
    Daedric mines- Screen shake reduced to sub-apocalyptic levels. Wonderful change :)
    Light Armor Set Passive- Only requires 5 pieces light armor now and a more significant buff (~5000 spell pen). Good change, light armor more enticing now. Might do 5 light and 2 medium or heavy.
    They toned down the 120 cp bonus from the lady tree (was 80% reduced stam cost for 8 sec after break free) is now only 3 seconds. OMG THANK YOU, that was going to be some crazyness.
    If I'm remembering correctly they moved around what tree the roll dodge CP skill is and lumped it with break-free (so reduces cost of both roll-dodge and break-free). Now this goes up to 18% reduction, was it 24% before? Maybe not.

I also like the new forums :) Thank you guys for your work!
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
    Options
  • johnyeh87
    johnyeh87
    ✭✭✭
    This guy deleted his post because I caught him on a lie... GOOD JOB!!!
    I AM CANADIAN!!!
    Johny EH?
    Options
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »

Check it out, unstable clanfear now heals when you unsummon it (and it is a good heal!). We got a heal guys!! They did listen to us, they just didn't tell us about it in the patch notes! I apologize for my surly attitude :( You can't just spam it (have to wait for the clanfear to start summoning) but you can get it off pretty fast (you lose the mag if you mess up and no heal).

So I'm going to magicka dump to summon a clanfear, then unsummon it, for a heal? Is it ok if I'm not to excited about that?
    Options
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyteshade wrote: »

Check it out, unstable clanfear now heals when you unsummon it (and it is a good heal!). We got a heal guys!! They did listen to us, they just didn't tell us about it in the patch notes! I apologize for my surly attitude :( You can't just spam it (have to wait for the clanfear to start summoning) but you can get it off pretty fast (you lose the mag if you mess up and no heal).

So I'm going to magicka dump to summon a clanfear, then unsummon it, for a heal? Is it ok if I'm not to excited about that?

Yeah, it's not the best but it's something, and it's not a nerf. If it helps the heal is 35% max health before anything.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daedric mines- Screen shake reduced to sub-apocalyptic levels. Wonderful change :)

Now that you say it, I was testing it and it's still bugged with the more explosions the more enemies (or Balls of Lightning) are close. But yeah, I cleared the trash before manticora with it and still could move a bit with the shake. I wouldn't mind if that "bug" was intended, if they reduced the earthquake effect now, lol.

Options