The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    Khamira wrote: »
    There is a nice psychological trick. It works like that:

Imagine you want to get one chips from your friend. You need to ask him for something big, in example selling his soul to the Tanathos. He's going to refuse that. Then you ask him if he'll give you his whole bag of chips. Of course his bag of chips, car, wife and a dog is nothing compared to selling his soul to the Tanathos, so he'll give you everything.

When they're selling stuff for 400 Crowns and then introduce a merchant for 2500, the price is SOOO BIIG, but when they try to sell it for 10000 Crowns, and then humbly reduce price to 8000, they're so generous, listening to community, awesome and everyone's gonna buy that stuff...

So my point is - If they set a price from space and no one's going to complain about it - they got a big profit. And when they're going to complain anyway? Well, Zenimax will reduce the price a little bit, and everyone will be soooo happy, because now they can buy their beloved banker for 4k Crowns! and only 4k Crowns! Isn't that wonderful?!

Lol if you think thats what Zos is doing your delusional. They want you to spend 5k crowns on this, they do not want to reduce the price and if they do so it will be because of overwhelming negative response from the community.

No, you misunderstand, it's not going to be, "oh, we're going to shave 1k off the price because of your complaints," it's going to be something like, "if you buy this weekend, it's 20% off."

:\
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are insanely over priced. I cant see the point of them its not like traveling takes much time, and most of the time I do crafting, selling and banking in one trip.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than a 1000 crowns for them.

Mind you I am currently sitting on just short of 20000 crowns just because I am a plus member. I have mounts for all my chars (although I might by the camel) and I have all the outfits I need, I might by Malacath crafting but I suspect that by the time DB comes out and it goes on sale I could pick it up from traders for 10K in gold so probably wont bother. I am just waiting on something useful that I want to appear on the crown store.
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    You will spend $40 getting coffee at Starbucks a week
    That's nice that you like to drink coffee with gold particles in it but mine costs 10zł in most fancy places. But I preffer to drink it at home, for 2zł, while chatting with my sweet Tanky DK while tickling him from time to time <3
    another $35 eating McDonalds every day for a week
    Wow, I'm really impressed that you can eat almost 40 cheeseburgers weekly! Is that an American thing? I've heard that meals in Texas are quite big...

I eat like 2 at once, when I'm really forced to eat outside and pay 2x more for food.
    pay $100 for cable television
    Wait, dat still exist?! I thought that this thing my Grandpa is always watching was 4 programs digital on-earth free television, and I would never thought he can pay for it like 5 times more than for my Internet...

Ok, just kidding, but you get the point? I'm not complaining now about any price or any crown store item, what annoys me the most are sentences like:
    "Why you don't want to go to the cinema with us? It's only 80$, you could stop drinking 2 beer a month and it's like free! Why are you so cheap, Fred?"
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »
    Ok, just kidding, but you get the point? I'm not complaining now about any price or any crown store item, what annoys me the most are sentences like:
    "Why you don't want to go to the cinema with us? It's only 80$, you could stop drinking 2 beer a month and it's like free! Why are you so cheap, Fred?"

If a friend of mine told me to stop drinking I would kick him in the chest then we wouldn't be friends anymore.

• Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    ...price is a little high for me, I'll wait for it to go on sale..... but it would be interesting if we pulled the banker out in a trial and had the option of reaping a reward for a all the crap sold and items repaired by the rest of the group.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Myxril
    Myxril
    ✭✭✭
    You will spend $40 getting coffee at Starbucks a week, another $35 eating McDonalds every day for a week, pay $100 for cable television so you can play commercials all day on a television you seldom watch, but complain about this. And you guys wonder why the devs dont take you serious.
    This item is a convenience, not a necessity, and should be priced as such. I dont drive a Lamborghini, but I dont fuss about the price either. :smiley:
    I don't buy Starbucks. I make my own coffee.
    I don't buy McDonalds. I know my way around a grocery store.
    That $75/wk you're using in your ridiculous straw man is what I spend in one month on groceries.

Your attempt at character assassination against 'complainers' is as civil as if I were to create a straw man against you, saying "You touch children every week, but complain about this thread? No wonder you're a terrible person."

If you're going to defend Zenilags, at least try a little harder to not be an assembly line of unfounded insults.

Regarding the topic: @SantieClaws is most likely correct in pointing out the (as I call it) 'JCPenney Maneuver'.
    List an item at, say, $100 to see who buys. After a short period of dry sales it gets put on 'Super Sale!' for, say, $35. Tons of people come rushing in for that ohsogreatdeal, they feel teh smrtziest, and the company tosses its head back with laughter as it still makes almost 100% profit margin.

The takeaway: They could have charged that $35 to begin with, but wanted to charge $100 to bilk as much as they could before getting the PR bonus of 'dropping their price'. Much like Zenilags will do with these, going from 5k/ea to most likely 3k/ea // 4k/both.
    Then it will be viewed not only as them giving more than a 50% discount, but also as them 'listening to feedback' and 'catering to the community' on top of them still putting a ridiculous price tag on them.

PS: That $100 for cable each month is actually for my unlimited landline & 75mbps internet connection. Including modem rental and service protection plan. B)
    If you think you can get cable tv for $100/mo you're out of your mind.
    Edited by Myxril on March 29, 2016 11:18PM
    'Okay, the question is...(laughter)...the question is, we have Vicious Death sets with Prox Det that are doing double damage from last patch -- they're doing double damage -- and the CP system scales them even more. Prox Dets are doing over 20k, okay? That's before Vicious Death does 15, m'kay? We're talking like 30k+. Okay.
    "So, what about the stamina?" Okay. Um "The 2-handed execute skill--" I'm s--I'm sorry. What? The 2-Handed execute? What?! What am I gonna f***ing do?! Am I gonna execute a f***ing zerg with a 2-Handed slice?!'
    --Fengrush, ESO Live Review 1:08:18

'He's lucky Im not a part of the company because I would simply ban or delete his account or even make the RNG or his damage ridiculously to stress him out even more.'
    --mb10, regarding Fengrush
  • Chaaya
    Chaaya
    ✭✭
    Wait...

Did I read that correctly ?

5k?

Each? ???????

Someone done been snorting cheetos or is the price a joke?
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HAH
  • soleil.clercb14_ESO
    If we're buying a travelling merchant/banker they should do everything: buy sell repair and bank. And THAT should only cost 2500 crowns tops
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaaya wrote: »
    Wait...

Did I read that correctly ?

5k?

Each? ???????

Someone done been snorting cheetos or is the price a joke?

Yeah, you read correctly.

._.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just providing another update on the poll about whether you'll buy the assistants (and if so which one) at 5K crowns. With over 350 people responding now, here's how it looks:
    Poll3_zpsqcusshow.jpg
    The thread has been closed, but if you haven't voted in the poll you can still do so here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants/p1
    This is info that is absolutely impossible to garner from this discussion thread, so please vote if you haven't already!

Also, please vote in the other poll about assistants here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256456/how-much-would-you-pay-for-the-new-assistants#latest
    It's asking a different question that is also looking for info that can't possibly be garnered from this discussion thread so please vote in that one too if you haven't already!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    I'd want an assisntant, but not for the price of a full dlc....
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Ok... so it seems to be that the vast vast majority are all of the same voice... that the assistants in their current state are not even worth considering at that crazy price (Basically the cost of two entire DLC's... just for a couple of NPC's to put it into perspective).

SO I'll pose you this question...

What could ZoS do to the NPC's which would make you consider them better value???

(Note... BETTER value... 5000 crowns is still WAY too high whatever they do!)

I'll start with the obvious one...
    1. Make the merchant able to repair armor

Make them cheaper than an actual game for one ffs. I'm over it Zos has proven to me that they only value me as a dollar sign so yeh my wallets closed from here on out. If they want me to support this game like I've stupidly done so far then they need to start earning it.

Powerful.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, unbelievable timing. I actually quit playing this when it became free because I have never been a fan of that model. I quit LOTRO for the reason.

But about week or two ago, I decided to sign up for month to check things out and I was starting to drink the kool aid. I only found this thread because I was actually looking for the feedback forum and was going to give ZOS some credit. And to maybe say I was partially wrong about this whole free to play business.

The store didn't seem that intrusive and I figured I would just remain an ESO+ because I was thinking okay maybe these guys aren't so bad. Add a few little things here and there and that would be fine.

LOL!!! I guess I should have stuck to my instincts. I guess glad it happened now and not later.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    johu31 wrote: »
    If your broke: you really want it?, get a job to pay for it. You could also ask your parents for a loan.

If you can afford it: If I see something at a store that I want, and the price is to high. I leave it there. I don't go complain to the manager.

There is a difference in what I can afford to pay and what I consider something to be worth. If those two aline then I will purchase, in this case, they very much do not.

Looking around at the latest Steam sale, for the price of these two assistants I could get Witcher 3, GTA 5, Payday 2 and still have enough left for a beer (the fact I have those games is already is neither here nor there). Could even get Fall Out 4 in the sale for the same price as one assistant. I know which offers me the better value for money.

You are right in saying that there are server bills to pay but surly selling, for example, 1,000 @ this price would bring in far less than selling, say, 50,000 at half the price....

You pretty much said what I said but ignored the part about complaining to the manager. If you can afford it and think it's too high, leave it.

People will value things differently. You made that point when you listed all of those games that don't interest me at all. My point is simple.. If YOU the buyer can't justify buying something for a set price, then don't buy it.
  • wesly.backersb16_ESO
    Wait a minute... Assistants can be obtained free of charge by doing the Thieves Guild Questline, isn't it?
    Edited by wesly.backersb16_ESO on March 30, 2016 10:01AM
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only the Fence can be obtained by doing the Thieves guild quest , the banker and merchant have to be bought at a very high cost
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    guess ZOS joined the *thieves* guild aswell
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only time they would really be of value to me is when I am grinding to level a character and do not want to travel back to town in the middle of that. So for me, 5k is probably not going to be worth it.I would have bought them if they were less though. I am sitting on a decent stack of crowns, but there are so many other things coming out that I am going to want also, and would probably use more.

Yeah,..but chances are the Merchant will charge you a 35% fee,like the Fence assistant I got from finishing the Thieve's Guild questline.
    Doesnt seem like much,but when you know what you get from a normal fence and you see the chunk taken out,it is an ouch!
    I dont use my fence anymore,unless I get a sudden bounty in a place I cant get free from. I dont want to lose it all to a guard,so then I sell it to my fence.Only then.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love to know who made the decision to list the assistants at this price. This person seems to have lost touch with reality and clearly needs an extended vacation. A resignation or even a termination would be alot better me thinks.
    Why do these people in charge never grasp the concept that we as players are not only their customers but are fans first. If we were not fans of the game we would no longer be customers. Keep us happy and they keep their job. Make us unhappy then they unhappy when they cant find a new job.

They are well aware that at least some players are fans. That is at least in part why it is so expensive. They capitalize on the fact that, as a fan, you are unlikely to ragequit because they added something, I would not say you dislike, rather pretty much anyone dislikes; something downright insulting to players. They can afford to pile up insults for some time before it starts to drive fans away.
    Similarly, they can capitalize on the fact players play with other players and while they might find the game changed over time and became disgusting and be willing to quit it, they might not be as ready to bid farewell to those other players.
    Generally, they use whatever draws/keeps players to/in ESO against them and make profit by making players unhappy.
    The best part is that if you, in the end, shut up and buy assistants (and they can make it arbitrarily difficult to play without buying a feature X, be it assistants or something else, in future updates), you will prove that the person responsible is doing his or her job right and should be kept around.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on March 30, 2016 8:39PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about.
    • If you think the assistants are not worth having because they lack features => fine, don't buy them, this is none of your business, it doesn't affect you.
    • If you think the assistants are worth having but too expensive and people won't buy them => if you're right, just wait, the price will be adjusted downwards. If you're wrong, then many people will buy them, it will make money for the game and we'll get extra features and functionalities in the base game without having to pay extra cash for it because they'll be financed buy these crown shop items.

I fail to see in what situation you'd loose anything.
    And finally, every penny earned by ZOS is a penny more for game stability and development (well that's an assumption on my side because nothing tells us they invest all profit back into development, but it's a security for the long term future of the game).

Stop bashing, start thinking. Noone forces you to buy.

• Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about.
    • If you think the assistants are not worth having because they lack features => fine, don't buy them, this is none of your business, it doesn't affect you.
    • If you think the assistants are worth having but too expensive and people won't buy them => if you're right, just wait, the price will be adjusted downwards. If you're wrong, then many people will buy them, it will make money for the game and we'll get extra features and functionalities in the base game without having to pay extra cash for it because they'll be financed buy these crown shop items.

And finally, every penny earned by ZOS is a penny more for game stability and development (well that's an assumption on my side because nothing tells us they invest all profit back into development, but it's a security for the long term future of the game).

Stop bashing, start thinking. Noone forces you to buy.

Well said if I do get one I will be annoyed if they do then go a put this as a sale item at a later date
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping my assistant would give me a little something something for 5k crowns...but I guess that only works in the real world.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That will be probably more obvious once the next DLC comes out, coincidentally lacking in NPC department, but rich with clutter.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lookstwice wrote: »
    Wow, unbelievable timing. I actually quit playing this when it became free because I have never been a fan of that model. I quit LOTRO for the reason.

But about week or two ago, I decided to sign up for month to check things out and I was starting to drink the kool aid. I only found this thread because I was actually looking for the feedback forum and was going to give ZOS some credit. And to maybe say I was partially wrong about this whole free to play business.

The store didn't seem that intrusive and I figured I would just remain an ESO+ because I was thinking okay maybe these guys aren't so bad. Add a few little things here and there and that would be fine.

LOL!!! I guess I should have stuck to my instincts. I guess glad it happened now and not later.

So what are your specific thoughts on the assistants?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    just going to wait until they have an 80% off the price sale or something.
    1k would be a high price for either given the limited features (no repairing, no guild stores)
    5k? ... Are you out of your minds?!?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

That will be probably more obvious once the next DLC comes out, coincidentally lacking in NPC department, but rich with clutter.

More obvious ???
    Just give me ONE, only ONE example where ZOS has turned a crown store item into a really useful item by changing the RNG or the game's design ?
    Some people predicted glas motif fragments to drop less once the motif was on crown store. Didn't happen. Not with glas motif; nor with any other motif.
    Some predicted ambrosia drink and perfect roe would drop less once XP scrolls were on the crown store. Didn't happen.
    Some predicted style items would drop less once mimic stones were on the crown store. Didn't happen.

I understand that you like to bash, criticize and hate. I guess it makes you feel more powerful somehow. But the truth is, ZOS is and always has been EXTREMELY FAIR with the crown store.
    Crown store items are NEVER more useful than ingame items. Most of the time they're entirely useless, sometimes they are just as useful. But never MORE USEFUL. Never ever.

Useless items are optional and expensive. Mandatory items (Base game and DLCs) are dirt cheap. ESO is most probably one of the cheapest form of entertainment in life at the moment. And it is INCREDIBLY FAIR. You can accuse ZOS of MANY things, but certainly not of being dishonest, greedy or unfair with the crown store stuff.

I can't even imagine what you're going to say when the crafting bags are out ! It's going to be a HUGE help with inventory management for ESO+ subscribers. And I won't be one of them and I will carry on struggling with inventory space and bank alts.
    But EVEN THAT is fair IMHO. ESO+ subscribers deserve more advantages, and crafting bags are a very good idea in that regard (huge advantage in convenience, but nothing mandatory or compulsory to play).
    Well done ZOS.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on March 30, 2016 1:15PM
  • Naff
    Naff
    ✭✭
    Yea, I'll catch them on sale. I do hope they add a repair option with the merchant, or at LEAST have repair kits to buy from them. Jeeze. That said...I still can't figure out how I can MAKE my own armor, upgrade it, decon it and extract useful materials....but somehow I haven't acquired the knowledge to REPAIR said armor....but I digress....
    CP600
    Naffor - Sorc
    Naffiel - Templar
    Naffank - Dragonknight
    various other baby Naff's
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute... Assistants can be obtained free of charge by doing the Thieves Guild Questline, isn't it?

No, just the smuggler assistant who does take a cut of profits.
    Volkodav wrote: »
    The only time they would really be of value to me is when I am grinding to level a character and do not want to travel back to town in the middle of that. So for me, 5k is probably not going to be worth it.I would have bought them if they were less though. I am sitting on a decent stack of crowns, but there are so many other things coming out that I am going to want also, and would probably use more.

Yeah,..but chances are the Merchant will charge you a 35% fee,like the Fence assistant I got from finishing the Thieve's Guild questline.
    Doesnt seem like much,but when you know what you get from a normal fence and you see the chunk taken out,it is an ouch!
    I dont use my fence anymore,unless I get a sudden bounty in a place I cant get free from. I dont want to lose it all to a guard,so then I sell it to my fence.Only then.

The merchant doesn't charge you, but the merchant doesn't do repairs, either.

Starting on March 31st, we'll be welcoming two additional assistants to Tamriel: Tythis Andromo the Banker and Nuzhimeh the Merchant. As his title suggests, Tythis is a banker that can be summoned whenever you or your group members need him to hold onto items or gold through your personal bank. Nuzhimeh will purchase anything that you or even your group offer to her. In addition to being incredibly convenient, Nuzhimeh will buy any non-stolen item, and neither will take any sort of cut when you or your group members use their services, so there are many profits to reap!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    No, just the smuggler assistant who does take a cut of profits.
    Volkodav wrote: »

The merchant doesn't charge you, but the merchant doesn't do repairs, either.
    You can't buy anything from her, either. Want to buy a potion? No deal. Go to town, find someone else called "Merchant". Or just walk down the road, there's probably one not far away.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp