Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Releasing these at this cost for the thieve's guild patch is pretty fitting.

Zenimax trying to do a bit of thieving of their own.

You get an AWESOME for that
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    wonkydog wrote: »
    Shame they didn't announce this last week. Would have made last Friday's ESO live, which was already a decent Q and A session, more interesting :)

Lol like they actually tell us anyhting in ESO live anyway, if it were any vaguer we would need a translator.

True but it would have been political level question dodging when it was asked for the 100th time in chat
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I think the price too high, but I planned on buying both at any price. What really makes me mad is they wait until after the sale on crowns to tell us the price?!?! I honestly thought my 9k crowns would be more than enough to cover them and I wouldn't have to purchase additional crowns. Now I have to buy another 1.5k crowns at full price. If I would have known they were going to be so expensive I would have picked up the extra crowns while they were on sale!! Very calculating ZO$. Brilliant.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if what you describe is accurate... you're a tool. You're precisely the type of audience they want. You buy crowns on sale, spend them, then top up again on crowns to buy the strategically launched new bunch of pixels.

In which way can I take you calling me a tool that is right? I subscribe to ESO Plus 6 months at a time which comes with a chunk of crowns. What else am I supposed to do with them? I play the game every day. I expect I will have to pay for that at some point. This will be the first time I buy crowns since the game went buy to play. Not that it matters. I fail to see why buying crowns makes someone a tool.

While I do not think such limited assistants should cost so much, it is your money and your problem.

I too subscribe to ESO Plus 6 months at a time and I too have piles of crowns. I mostly use them to buy outfits (not ALL outfits, the ones I like and are not bugged), and a limited mount here and there. All cosmetic. And, like you, I was called quite a few things for "wasting money" on cosmetic stuff.

And once we have a barber shop, I will most likely pay for it even if the price is outrageous, and people will be like "What the hell, you paid x crowns just to dye your hair?! You are an idiot, you know?", and I will just shrug and keep playing. People just have different priorities, in the end.

Just be aware of the limitations of the assistants. I predict that many people are going to buy them under the impression that they act like regular bank/merchant npcs, just to find out that they do not have all the features that regular bank/merchant npcs have and they just spend 5k on that. Their own fault for not informing themselves before buying? Perhaps, but on this case, I believe that a legitimate expectation is created when you see "bank/merchant npc for sale!", an expectation that they will act like any other bank/merchant npc, so the complaints will be reasonable in my opinion.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will spend $40 getting coffee at Starbucks a week, another $35 eating McDonalds every day for a week, pay $100 for cable television so you can play commercials all day on a television you seldom watch, but complain about this. And you guys wonder why the devs dont take you serious.
    This item is a convenience, not a necessity, and should be priced as such. I dont drive a Lamborghini, but I dont fuss about the price either. :smiley:

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2upzihk.gif

About sums it up!!

No, no, no. :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't have an issue with the Merchant not doing repairs- I DO have a problem with the banker not being able to access the Guild Trader. I don't sell every piece of loot to the merchant, in fact, many things I reserve for selling at Guild Traders, so not having GT access is a real down side to these 'limited access' vendors even with the cost being so extremely high. Perhaps to compensate ZOS should allow us to sell to GT directly from the bank- like how crafting materials are accessible from the bank- that way a person wouldn't have to deposit them in the bank, then withdraw them again just to sell at GT when you get access to a regular banker.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like the price? Don't buy it.
    Which is what I'll be doing.
    Maybe in time they will notice noone is buying, and lower the prices, Or I'll just keep doing without. Not like I care.
    Options
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till people figure out how much they will have to pay certain guilds for the VMOL clear so they can get their new Shiney mount.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
    Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    You will spend $40 getting coffee at Starbucks a week, another $35 eating McDonalds every day for a week, pay $100 for cable television so you can play commercials all day on a television you seldom watch, but complain about this. And you guys wonder why the devs dont take you serious.
    This item is a convenience, not a necessity, and should be priced as such. I dont drive a Lamborghini, but I dont fuss about the price either. :smiley:

So everyone should be ok with companies overpricing items because other companies do it too...get a clue.

Edit: Seriously people need to wake the *** up and stop defending corporations for obvious profiteering.
    Edited by Thornen on March 29, 2016 5:01PM
    Options
  • Rozyn
    Rozyn
    ✭✭
    Didn't read the 11 pages of responses but I'll add my voice to the "Ha! No." crowd. I bought the game, I pay a sub, I don't spend any more money on this game than that. Whatever I can get with my monthly crown allotment, cool beans, but those assistants are just insanely expensive.
    Options
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will spend $40 getting coffee at Starbucks a week, another $35 eating McDonalds every day for a week,

If someone is spending $35 a week on fast food and $40 a week on Coffee then they need to worry more about a heart attack than a computer game :)
    Edited by Garldeen on March 29, 2016 5:03PM
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns, or whatever it's monetary value is, just to save yourself the 5 minutes of going back into a town/city and finding a merchant/banker?

Fair enough if you have crowns from an ESO+ membership sitting idle, but rather pointless and whale-like behaviour if you spend real money for them. At that point you truly have more money than patience and are feeding the behaviour they can get away with.
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • Rozyn
    Rozyn
    ✭✭

It's almost like none of these things are comparable to an online video game.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking forward to these, but not at 5000k. Sorry, going to the bank on foot is cheaper & healthier. :)
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont drink coffee that I dont make myself. I dont eat Mcdonalds every day.....havent had any for about 3 years now. And I dont pay 100 dollars for cable....Because Im a cable cutter.

I pay less for Hulu and Netflix for an entire month than I would for these Assistants. So you can sit here and try and create all sorts of terrible analogies that youd like. But this is a digital service that will provide no where near the asking price in services.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I think the price too high, but I planned on buying both at any price. What really makes me mad is they wait until after the sale on crowns to tell us the price?!?! I honestly thought my 9k crowns would be more than enough to cover them and I wouldn't have to purchase additional crowns. Now I have to buy another 1.5k crowns at full price. If I would have known they were going to be so expensive I would have picked up the extra crowns while they were on sale!! Very calculating ZO$. Brilliant.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if what you describe is accurate... you're a tool. You're precisely the type of audience they want. You buy crowns on sale, spend them, then top up again on crowns to buy the strategically launched new bunch of pixels.

In which way can I take you calling me a tool that is right? I subscribe to ESO Plus 6 months at a time which comes with a chunk of crowns. What else am I supposed to do with them? I play the game every day. I expect I will have to pay for that at some point. This will be the first time I buy crowns since the game went buy to play. Not that it matters. I fail to see why buying crowns makes someone a tool.

I meant what I said in a factual sense, not as an insult. I think by doing what you described you're being an instrument in their policy to milk as much money out of the players as they can, game quality be damned. I realise it's your money and your choice, but I honestly would like more people to refuse these obvious schemes.

I've been waiting 3 weeks to be able to res on my main character. I see pink and hear hisses everywhere I go. ESO servers are routinely DDoS'd and ZOS' response leaves some players unable to log in. Wouldn't it be better if they dedicated more resources to fixing bugs or getting some actual DDoS protection rather than coming up with assistants that cost the same as AAA games?
    Edited by daemonios on March 29, 2016 5:10PM
    Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    That's disgusting. Should be 50% off for ESO Plus Members at least. Wow was saving my crowns for these but now I'm not so sure. They have to reduce this surely.

If you stocked up on Crowns when they were discounted then you may be in my position with a large pool of crowns to easily purchase these with. The crown packs were fairly well discounted and as such this isn't going to be that bad a purchase. And also, for everyone acting surprised; the glass motif is 5k right? And it's just a motif; these actually have some utility value.

Can you earn the glass motif in game though!
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Seriously people need to wake the *** up and stop defending corporations for obvious profiteering.

Um, most corporations are 'for profit' entities, they are not 'charities'. ZOS needs to make money, it has investors who want to see a return on investment, as well as ZOS needing revenue to continue paying for content, bug fixes, etc. No company can survive by giving things away, and if you don't like the prices, then don't pay them... but if people WANT the items they offer, then they should pay them. But criticizing a for profit business for charging for items, regardless of whether or not you agree with the price, is just plain silly.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swirve wrote: »

Can you earn the glass motif in game though!

In Theory you can. In Reality......

Edited by Nestor on March 29, 2016 5:22PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Not at this price. AND they closed the poll thread........LMAO!!!
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only deal in items you steal anyway.

A waste of real money of you ask me.

The one you refer to is free and already in game. Many of us have had the fence.

Are the new ones the OP is talking about worth it? Some will say yes and like anything, some will they no it's overpriced.
    Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Um, most corporations are 'for profit' entities, they are not 'charities'. ZOS needs to make money, it has investors who want to see a return on investment, as well as ZOS needing revenue to continue paying for content, bug fixes, etc. No company can survive by giving things away, and if you don't like the prices, then don't pay them... but if people WANT the items they offer, then they should pay them. But criticizing a for profit business for charging for items, regardless of whether or not you agree with the price, is just plain silly.

Criticizing a company for trying to overcharge someone to fill their coffers is silly, fine the worlds perfect lets all just leave it the way it is...yeh they have to make money but blatantly trying to rip people off is a bad way to go about it.
    Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem: the merchant should repair (it's a dumbed down merchant-Basic needs) The banker should allow you to access the guild stores. These are neutered assistants, and they want the price 50 dollars for them...

Umm.....

not buying it till the price lowers significantly.

They're prolly going to be bugged too... I mean my pets bug out constantly, disappear, and clip into walls and under the floor and can't get out. The assistants will certainly suffer from bigger bugs then this. Hell, my Guild bank page doesn't even load half the time.

I just can't possibly justify paying 50 dollars for an ingame item like this when the game hasn't been fully functional since TG release, and I'm not even getting the value out of the Subscription I currently have. They killed my favorite server I've been playing on for a year, and forced us all onto trueflame where we regularly see pings of 900 or more and cannot pvp anyway.
    The trial was unplayable, and vet mode is still unbeaten probably because of random server disconnects and they want THIS from us? seriously... If anything they should drop it to 20 dollars as an apology for the last month of hell we've had to go through, and subbed to x.x
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Criticizing a company for trying to overcharge someone to fill their coffers is silly, fine the worlds perfect lets all just leave it the way it is...yeh they have to make money but blatantly trying to rip people off is a bad way to go about it.

Considering that they've already shown that people are willing to pay these prices for mounts, costumes, motifs, XP boosters, etc... it only further justified their pricing. Not saying I agree with the price, just stating that clearly they believe that people will pay this price for convenience items... at least it's account bound and not character bound like mount upgrades. ;)
    Options
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering that they've already shown that people are willing to pay these prices for mounts, costumes, motifs, XP boosters, etc... it only further justified their pricing. Not saying I agree with the price, just stating that clearly they believe that people will pay this price for convenience items... at least it's account bound and not character bound like mount upgrades. ;)

Well considering you can pick the base game up for 18.99 USD atm if people pay this price for 1 assistant they deserve to be ripped off. Doesn't excuse Zos for pricing it at that point to begin with.
    Options
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    Every time I saw those prices, a kitten dies....

The point is If this cost 5k crowns, I don't want to imagine how many crowns it'll cost a re-customization of characters or a race change. Because well... Anybody thought that "barber-shop" will be a free in-game feature? Anybody???

Exactly!!!
    Options
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 its an April fools joke
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
    Options
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Ok... so it seems to be that the vast vast majority are all of the same voice... that the assistants in their current state are not even worth considering at that crazy price (Basically the cost of two entire DLC's... just for a couple of NPC's to put it into perspective).

SO I'll pose you this question...

What could ZoS do to the NPC's which would make you consider them better value???

(Note... BETTER value... 5000 crowns is still WAY too high whatever they do!)

I'll start with the obvious one...
    1. Make the merchant able to repair armor

I haven't gone through the entire thread but I'd pay 5K crowns for a buyer, a NPC that searches out guild stores for hard to find items.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, it's a moot point for me as the place I would use them most is Cyrodiil where they don't work anyways.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options