The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    Max2497 wrote: »
    I purchased them today without having read in the forums. I learned the hard way that the merchant doesn't actually repair anything. It was a complete waste of crowns, and it needs to be stated specifically in the description. Omitting that fact is being very sneaky, when the description clearly warns that it cannot be used in Cyrodil.

Drop support a ticket. They have been refunding some people who purchased with the same belief as you only to discover the reality was very different.

Interesting to note that they still have not updated the store description to reflect the limitations of this product. Regardless whether people think they are worth 5k or not (depends upon the individual making that decision), at least be honest with people over what they are buying

Oh I'm sure it will be the first thing fixed next patch...can't be refunding money now can we.

Meanwhile....
    Edited by Thornen on April 3, 2016 8:24AM
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    I purchased them today without having read in the forums. I learned the hard way that the merchant doesn't actually repair anything. It was a complete waste of crowns, and it needs to be stated specifically in the description. Omitting that fact is being very sneaky, when the description clearly warns that it cannot be used in Cyrodil.

Drop support a ticket. They have been refunding some people who purchased with the same belief as you only to discover the reality was very different.

Interesting to note that they still have not updated the store description to reflect the limitations of this product. Regardless whether people think they are worth 5k or not (depends upon the individual making that decision), at least be honest with people over what they are buying

Oh I'm sure it will be the first thing fixed next patch...can't be refunding money now can we.

Meanwhile....

Even refunding it as a crown balance would be something. People can spend that money on other items such as costumes or DLC instead.

• N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like the car industry man. They weigh the number of sales on a false belief, and then compare that to the number they will have to refund (because they know MANY will simply deal with it and not complain even though they feel cheated) and decide what's more profitable. I'm sure they would rather make the sale and deal with possible refunds than to not make the sale at all.

It's sleazy on a whole different level.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized something... So a brand new game is $39.99 to $69.99 (plus tax in some states)... ESO's DLC's are 2,500 crowns or in USD $25.00... ZOS release these "assistances", which are half-assed versions of NPC's already accessible in towns... But do way more... And ZOS sat down at a meeting and honestly believed that pricing them at 5,000 crowns or $50.00 a piece was a smart business move and wise choice...? Lmao! The hell?

Once again, I'll ask this question. Why haven't they fired the people at their meetings who give these suggestions? Better yet. A better question. Why did they hire these fools for marketing? I know little shorties who make better hustlers and marketers than these jabronis at Zenimax. Lol. $50.00 for a bootleg banker and merchant. Lmao. ZOS is hilarious.
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    50dollars for a fully functional assistant would be funny. 50 dollars for a next to useless one is insulting

Edit: on phone, can't type
    Edited by Garldeen on April 3, 2016 8:20PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is sad that ZOS didn't change anything despite all the negative thoughts about the assistants.
    Making the merchant to be able to repair items and adding guild bank or even guild store to banker should be very easy to do.
    The price tag needs to be changed to 2000 crowns each ASAP.

I don't understand the logic behind the current assistants...even the assistants are nerfed and 91% of players will simply not buy any of them(current poll results):
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants/p1

Greed is not a good quality :/
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • nemisan
    nemisan
    ✭✭✭
    wow, 25 pages of posts....not sure if anyone has posted this, but for ESO Plus Subscribers, both should be free while you are subbed up: simple
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I just realized something... So a brand new game is $39.99 to $69.99 (plus tax in some states)... ESO's DLC's are 2,500 crowns or in USD $25.00... ZOS release these "assistances", which are half-assed versions of NPC's already accessible in towns... But do way more... And ZOS sat down at a meeting and honestly believed that pricing them at 5,000 crowns or $50.00 a piece was a smart business move and wise choice...? Lmao! The hell?

Once again, I'll ask this question. Why haven't they fired the people at their meetings who give these suggestions? Better yet. A better question. Why did they hire these fools for marketing? I know little shorties who make better hustlers and marketers than these jabronis at Zenimax. Lol. $50.00 for a bootleg banker and merchant. Lmao. ZOS is hilarious.

Well G2A is having 80% off and dlgamers been charging 18.99 for a digital copy of the game forever so if your looking to pick up a copy I suggest shopping around the resellers first.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Well G2A is having 80% off and dlgamers been charging 18.99 for a digital copy of the game forever so if your looking to pick up a copy I suggest shopping around the resellers first.

G2A sells bogus codes. There were a lot of people who lost their ESO accounts and money because they bought codes from that website.
    We want to remind gamers to shop wisely and only purchase online keys from a reputable source. Fraudulently obtained keys obtained via Steam and then re-sold via third-party websites is a violation of both our and Steam’s Terms of Service. We will be deactivating all game accounts created with such stolen keys starting on Tuesday, May 26th. Affected users will receive an email with instructions on how to regain access to their game account via a valid game purchase.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 3, 2016 9:41PM
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats because G2A let anyone sell keys on their site, easy enough to get chargeback if that happens.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats because G2A let anyone sell keys on their site, easy enough to get chargeback if that happens.

G2A is specifically listed as a site that sells fraudulent keys. So you go ahead and buy from them. When they clean out your bank account and zenimax wipes your characters for using stolen credit cards you will learn. Old hispanic saying is "The cheap comes out expensive.". Learn that.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    G2A sells bogus codes. There were a lot of people who lost their ESO accounts and money because they bought codes from that website.

The worst part of this is what most people do not realize. It is not an immediate loss of the account. ZOS waits so long and does a batch banning of those accounts. Some people had played for 3 months on account keys they didn't know were originally obtained with stolen cards. To lose ten or twenty dollars right away is nothing. To lose 3 months of game progression is HUGE.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

The worst part of this is what most people do not realize. It is not an immediate loss of the account. ZOS waits so long and does a batch banning of those accounts. Some people had played for 3 months on account keys they didn't know were originally obtained with stolen cards. To lose ten or twenty dollars right away is nothing. To lose 3 months of game progression is HUGE.

Buy off reputable sellers and use shield=no problems... either way its off topic just saying you can pick up a copy of the game way cheaper than an assistant.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that'd be rough... Especially for a MMO. Are you aware of how many: Alliance points, champion points, and traits learned via research you can acquire in 90 days? Sheesh! That would suck horribly.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Buy off reputable sellers and use shield=no problems... either way its off topic just saying you can pick up a copy of the game way cheaper than an assistant.

You can pickup a stolen copy that may or may not get your entire account permanently banned. No thanks to me that small amount of money is hardly worth it. Probably wont get caught but what if you do? Is it really worth it to save what $20 or something?
  • Delegator
    Delegator
    ✭✭✭
    A bit late to the party here, but just wanted to add my voice to those who are underwhelmed by the assistants. Can't summon in Cyrodiil -- not even in a keep under your control? No repair or guild bank? These things cost around USD $36 a piece (5500 crowns = $40, these cost 5000 crowns each) for crying out loud!

I have 2500 crowns in my account and my subscription expires on 09-APR. When the initial announcement was made about assistants coming to the crown store I was thinking that might make it worth re-subscribing. But, the benefits of a subscription have waned now that I have 4 VR16s, still have a stack of 30 XP scrolls, and have done Wrothgar and IC to death. With these assistants being vastly overpriced for their abilities, I'll just put the "free" in "free to play".
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delegator wrote: »
    A bit late to the party here, but just wanted to add my voice to those who are underwhelmed by the assistants. Can't summon in Cyrodiil -- not even in a keep under your control? No repair or guild bank? These things cost around USD $36 a piece (5500 crowns = $40, these cost 5000 crowns each) for crying out loud!

I have 2500 crowns in my account and my subscription expires on 09-APR. When the initial announcement was made about assistants coming to the crown store I was thinking that might make it worth re-subscribing. But, the benefits of a subscription have waned now that I have 4 VR16s, still have a stack of 30 XP scrolls, and have done Wrothgar and IC to death. With these assistants being vastly overpriced for their abilities, I'll just put the "free" in "free to play".

Welcome to the dark side!
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just think...every time you buy something that is ridiculously over-priced you are funding this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYQLhqooh0E

Don't fund this.
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    The banker I'm ok with.

Merchant is a RIP OFF. All you can do is sell stuff. I realize it doesn't say it does anything else in the description. But I was sure I had tested it in the PTS and it sold pots and repaired me. Now it's severely limited from when I tested and I bought it assuming it was the same. Wasted cash.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the Banker assistant because I was under the assumption it would function as literally every single other banker NPC in the game and have guild bank and guild store access in addition to my personal bank.

Since it does not, it is virtually useless to me.

I understand it's my fault for not googling to see what the NPC did before dropping crowns on it but I personally find it incredibly disappointing that such an expensive purchase does not do what I feel is advertised (i.e. function the way a normal Banker NPC does), and it will make me very unlikely to buy from the crown store in the future.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bellatrixed You should be able to get a refund if you want one. Others who bought the banker for the same reason as you (or the merchant for repairs, which she doesn't do) have been able to get refunds since the assistants do not do what they expected.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the merchant and i was really upset that i couldnt even repair or buy anything from it, they should definately change it !
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raghul wrote: »
    I bought the merchant and i was really upset that i couldnt even repair or buy anything from it, they should definately change it !

Try the refund option. If enough people refund for that reason they might get the hint and change it. At worst you will get your money back. At best you will get an assistant which does what you are looking for
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so, I am reversing my position on the banker assistant.

previously, i had said on the forum here that i would NOT pay 5k for the new guys.

Last night i spent the 5k to get the banker after the fifth time since they were released i said in game "man, that banker would be handy right now."

The final telling blow was having three enchant surveys of the same type in my possession - one in bank, one on char and one on char but still in the bundle. You cannot hold the same ones at a time (like treasure maps) so i was looking at going to a remote area, then back, then back to remote, etc.

So i bought the bank, ran out to the place did some quick lather-rinse-repeat and was good to go.

Since then, I have been surprised at the changes in gameplay it provides. With the bank as an integral part of the adventure, a lot of time wasters and space wasters are gone. Starting now to store foods in the bank, not on char since I only need them every two hours or so and can just grab from the bank. Removed everything not immediately needed in tactical situation from char inventory and quickslots.

Leaves more room on quickslots for tactical mementos (plus the banker, he is a common toggle now.)

So, while i had expected the banker to make a good gameplay improvement, its almost immediately turning into even more than i expected.

Yes BTW my bank had been maxed for some time before this.

Finally, i doubt i will buy the merchant.

For repairs, I can buy and have bought repair kits at guild stores pretty cheap and just leave them in the bank until needed. Then call up Stibbons and there you go.

So count me as personal banker friendly, in game at least.

DOES THIS MEAN I THINK ALL ASSISTANTS ARE WORTH 5k now and in the future? Nope. Not a precedent, just a statement about what i find with this one after trying it.

SUGGESTION TO ZOS

ZOS: I would suggest something interesting as an experiment with new assistants going forward.

GIVE a 1 week free trial for the first week they are released. After 1 week it goes away. Bet you will see more purchasers after they see how useful it is but either way, everyone gets to make a knowledgable choice.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Then call up Stibbons and there you go.

Gave you an awesome solely for referring to your banker as "Stibbons"... :D
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    I have both, the banker is better imo.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Then call up Stibbons and there you go.

Gave you an awesome solely for referring to your banker as "Stibbons"... :D

Thanks...

A tip to ZOS maybe - let us actually name our assistants - in accordance with the rules of course. I mean, cant we name our horses already?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."