The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

good new Fengrush video for you

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzFS4RKA5uc

I recommend at least watching to ~17 min so you new people can see how things used to be.

this is about the game as a whole so I would appreciate mods not trying to move and bury this in other sections, kthanksbai.
Edited by Wing on April 5, 2016 5:34PM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, not working for me on the forums, if someone can post a better link I would appreciate it.

Edited by Wing on April 5, 2016 5:27PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixed, hes afk for the first 25 sec btw :P
    Edited by Wing on April 5, 2016 5:35PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that whenever someone posts a topic about this guy, it's some dude promoting his YouTube video? Are you getting in-game gold for helping him get real money? lmfao.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, I have been around a long time and *GASP* agree with him.

he goes into detail, gives examples, shows videos of before and after.

I'm just spreading awareness of something I already know and agree with but lack the time or care to put into a detailed video or words.

feel free to be negative, but the facts are there. blind loyalty hurts as bad as blind negativity. I still love and sub to this game, but that does not mean I'm oblivious to its failings and shortcomings.
    Edited by Wing on April 5, 2016 5:44PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol. boring.

Keep moaning and keep playing.
    Edited by mb10 on April 5, 2016 5:51PM
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to check this video out when I get home
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was weird that he used an AJ video as an example. In AJ's video review for ESO he himself used a different video were everyone crashed in PvP.

Anyway, I didn't know who Fengrush was before someone posted his last video. I watched it and agree with a few points, so started following his twitch stream.
    There are again a few things I completely agree with in this video. The direction of ESO is definitely PvE focused. Maybe not to sell boxes anymore, but to keep the current player base.
    Their marketing is pretty quiet recently, even with a new DLC out, so I can't see how they approach new players to sell boxes. I'm curious, however, what will be included in Dark Brotherhood.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »
    I thought it was weird that he used an AJ video as an example. In AJ's video review for ESO he himself used a different video were everyone crashed in PvP.

LOL, yup I was recalling the same thing. still those first times I went into Cyro back in the day and got to be a part of those massive sieges were epic, I really do miss that.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have already said PVP will stay in cyrodill. DB is in kvatch which is on the gold coast. Thats not part of the ESO cyrodill map. So I dont know exactly who we will be killing but it wont be other players.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have already said PVP will stay in cyrodill. DB is in kvatch which is on the gold coast. Thats not part of the ESO cyrodill map. So I dont know exactly who we will be killing but it wont be other players.

Correct. But you could still add certain things to Cyrodiil, e.g. something besides capturing the same keep over and over again. Things like Fengrush mentioned in the video sound interesting. It doesn't have to be a new map but new modes within the already existing (and frankly freaking huge) area.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    andreasv wrote: »

LOL, yup I was recalling the same thing. still those first times I went into Cyro back in the day and got to be a part of those massive sieges were epic, I really do miss that.

I know. My first time in Cyrodiil in April 2014 was amazing. I didn't know what to do and died pretty quick, but I enjoyed every second of it.
    As ESO is my first MMO I thought that's what to expect from the game in the future. It's sad that this part looks like it has been abandoned by the developers.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What he wants is to ultimately hold ZOS at ransom by creating a support base of followers that are all apparently "anti ZOS and anti PVE" and want ZOS to meet all of their demands. It wont happen.

Begins with talking about how long he's been playing for and says BS such as "I can see whats coming with ESO"

All I see is a very large ego that cant handle ZOS not listening to a word that comes out of his mouth.

The horrible game footage the whole "The game is gone, they cant bring it back. There is no amount of changes that can bring it back" hahah it literally sounds like he's trying to do everything to stop people playing ESO. Its all for pride because ZOS wont give him the time of day.

Dark Brotherhood/Player housing so what? Because it isn't PVP ZOS shouldnt bring two of the highest demanded additions to the game?
    ZOS make PVE DLC because TES are PVE games. If you dont like the PVP, TES or ZOS just get on your bike and play the many other games you compare it with on the forums every other day.

and btw, wtf do you people even want added to PVP? All I EVER see is "I miss the good old days of PVP" but WHAT do you even want added? All your ideas conflict with each other but ultimately its because "Fengrush" says so. Its like a little rebellion against ZOS haha "lets all join the rebels because that means we have our own voice!" the complete opposite effect is happening

[Edited to remove insulting content]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on April 6, 2016 2:25PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I watched this, because @FENGRUSH said one of the truest things you'll ever hear about ESO: that the changes the devs made to "fix" bots have had a horrible impact on the game. I remember the time frame Fengrush is talking about, but from the point of view of a mostly PvE player. What Fengrush didn't mention was that there were OTHER dumb changes made to combat bots, like the reduction of loot and XP in public dungeons and delves.

Personally, I never cared about the bots, even though I certainly noticed them. They didn't break my "immersion" or interfere with my own game, so I just didn't spend any time thinking about them. Other people did care, unfortunately, and because of the changes ZOS made to pander to these people, ESO has suffered all kinds of damage from which it has yet to recover. I hope Fengrush is wrong, and that ZOS will fix these problems, especially the glitchy, laggy netcode, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 5, 2016 6:42PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    What he wants is to ultimately hold ZOS at ransom by creating a support base of followers that are all apparently "anti ZOS and anti PVE" and want ZOS to meet all of their demands. It wont happen.

Begins with talking about how long he's been playing for and says BS such as "I can see whats coming with ESO"

All I see is a very large ego that cant handle ZOS not listening to a word that comes out of his mouth.

The horrible game footage the whole "The game is gone, they cant bring it back. There is no amount of changes that can bring it back" hahah it literally sounds like he's trying to do everything to stop people playing ESO. Its all for pride because ZOS wont give him the time of day.

Dark Brotherhood/Player housing so what? Because it isn't PVP ZOS shouldnt bring two of the highest demanded additions to the game?
    ZOS make PVE DLC because TES are PVE games. If you dont like the PVP, TES or ZOS just get on your bike and play the many other games you compare it with on the forums every other day.

and btw, wtf do you people even want added to PVP? All I EVER see is "I miss the good old days of PVP" but WHAT do you even want added? All your ideas conflict with each other but ultimately its because "Fengrush" says so. Its like a little rebellion against ZOS haha "lets all join the rebels because that means we have our own voice!" the complete opposite effect is happening

I think the issue is that PVP use to be better and one big reason was performance. Also ZOS promoted the big war PVP part of the game heavily, it is why many players bought the game and it use to be much better. Its like they have abandoned it and for that reason many PVP players have left the game. Which now makes it less important from a financial standpoint because there are less PVP players than there were at launch. So yes it is frustrating to the PVP players that have stuck around to have that kinda taken away from them.

PVP players dont have as many options for MMOs really, PVE MMOs are everywhere and has been that way for a long time. Especially MMOs with big open world zones like Cyrodiil are extremely uncommon so yeah it does suck for the people that love them. CU has a chance to give those players a game they will love but its only on PC so console players will be SOL.

[edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on April 6, 2016 2:28PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots were ruining public dungeons and harvesting. So if they have a choice between PvP lag and clearing out PvE bits, they went with the larger part of the player base. It was a business move.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, So I post this video almost as soon as it comes out, no one even looks. But of course when someone else does it people start commenting and everything.

*Goes to cry in a corner

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/257560/this-feng-rush-eso-insights?new=1
    Edited by Mashille on April 5, 2016 6:29PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't he say he was going away? Well, go away already.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have my doubts that it was "the anti-bot" code that changed anything.

It used to be "the lighting patch broke pvp" and now he's on the "the anti-bot code" broke pvp.

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Conquistador

You don't seem to be familiar with presenting content that does not belong to you. When showing made content that was worked on by someone other than yourself you must credit them fully.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be "the lighting patch broke pvp" and now he's on the "the anti-bot code" broke pvp.
    I'd buy into it being the anti-bot code more, which is why they don't roll it back. They were an extreme annoyance. Remember all the players with names like zzzzgghhh03?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Nonpoint
    Nonpoint
    ✭✭✭

I guess you missed this part, but a lighting patch and some anti-bot code wasnt worth dropping game performance when more than 5 players are in the area by 80%. The game lags like garbage in Cyrodiil if more than a few players are together anywhere on the map and now that the pvp game is proxy det or zerg, its always a lagfest.

Don't worry bruh there will probably always be enough of a population of console players that want to collect costumes & mounts through crown store purchases to support more pve content. Maybe they will create a DLC where you can buy a "White Knight" title from the crown store. That would be so schweet, you could wear it in your player housing while you revel in the glory of your monster trophy wall that was earned through many hard hours of chain killing trash mobs.

[edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on April 6, 2016 2:29PM
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was almost agreeing with you but you lost me in the end with your ignorance to the PvP problems, anti PvP attitude and you're thinking that ESO is a TES game.

Does Fengrush act like a spoiled child sometimes. Yes. Does Fengrush make some really good points regarding ZOS direction, bugs, attitude, etc? Yes.

He's passionate about the game. It's a good thing he is still ranting for it. If Matt Firor actually gave insight to the direction of the game, it would calm down a lot of people's attitude towards the game.

They won't do that though. They want to act like they're working to appease all groups of players, when in reality they don't give a *** about anyone but who spends the most money in the crown store.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on April 6, 2016 2:29PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd buy into it being the anti-bot code more, which is why they don't roll it back. They were an extreme annoyance. Remember all the players with names like zzzzgghhh03?

[@zzzzgghhh03]: * * * G O L D A H * * *

Yeah, don't miss that.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They were the same patch. The lighting impacted FPS - the antibot code shifted client-server relationship roles. Thats just a reality. Its coined as 'the lighting patch'. But addressing the issue in that patch is pretty important to explain what it really was.

Hold ZOS at ransom? Lol... Im not trying to work with ZOS - but it does appear they do end up watching them. Im not trying to engage in a back in forth dialogue, but they know people watch my videos, and they have some folks that watch them to when they stir up a lot of traffic on their forum. Its food for thought at this point. But theres a lot I firmly believe wont change no mater what is done or said. Ive tried open dialogue before, it doesnt work.

If youre asking "what do you even want added" to PVP - its because you didnt watch the video. Take some time to watch before asking things directly pointed out in the video - or just focus on the valueless content like my ego and pride in your post instead.

[snip]

[edited for flame]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on April 6, 2016 2:31PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The horrible game footage the whole "The game is gone, they cant bring it back. There is no amount of changes that can bring it back" hahah it literally sounds like he's trying to do everything to stop people playing ESO. Its all for pride because ZOS wont give his lame ass the time of day. He's lucky Im not a part of the company because I would simply ban or delete his account or even make the RNG or his damage ridiculously to stress him out even more.

and btw, wtf do you people even want added to PVP? All I EVER see is "I miss the good old days of PVP" but WHAT do you even want added? All your ideas conflict with each other but ultimately its because "Fengrush" says so. Its like a little rebellion against ZOS haha "lets all join the rebels because that means we have our own voice!" the complete opposite effect is happening you crowd following rats

I was almost agreeing with you but you lost me in the end with your ignorance to the PvP problems, anti PvP attitude and you're thinking that ESO is a TES game.

Does Fengrush act like a spoiled child sometimes. Yes. Does Fengrush make some really good points regarding ZOS direction, bugs, attitude, etc? Yes.

He's passionate about the game. It's a good thing he is still ranting for it. If Matt Firor actually gave insight to the direction of the game, it would calm down a lot of people's attitude towards the game.

They won't do that though. They want to act like they're working to appease all groups of players, when in reality they don't give a *** about anyone but who spends the most money in the crown store.

F2P model in a nutshell.

I was a staunch supporter of ZOS in just about every regard until they announced "Tamriel Unlimited".
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do, and I thought they mostly eliminated the bot phenomena by not letting you delete characters.

Love to hear what the rest of this phantom "bot code" entailed, lol.
    Edited by rfennell_ESO on April 5, 2016 6:57PM
  • Ebonheart1111
    Ebonheart1111
    ✭✭✭
    Typical "If things arent exactly the way I want them then Im going to cry" kind of video. He really does a disservice to newer players that enjoy the game for more than just the pvp component. So sick of people whining that ZOS doesnt make things exactly to their specifications, as if the entire game should be built on their opinions. I love that after blasting the game he says hes still going to play ... lmao gtfoh
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against Fengrush but isn't it possible if we cared enough we would go to his stream or channel to get this? Why do his followers keep pushing these in the ESO forums?
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »
    I have nothing against Fengrush but isn't it possible if we cared enough we would go to his stream or channel to get this? Why do his followers keep pushing these in the ESO forums?

I appreciate them posting his videos because I don't visit YouTube for same reason I don't visit imgur on my own free will. I'll wake up from a stupor and realize I just wasted 5 hours of my life browsing videos and pictures.

Plus I really enjoyed his TG review. It resonated the same feeling I have.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't he quit yet? (Fingers crossed)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds