The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oh ZoS - You have let us down!

P3ZZL3
P3ZZL3
✭✭✭✭✭
Really Guys? I mean Really? If your Marketing Director is telling you this is ok, then you need another new one. This is just unacceptable. I would like this addressed in the next ESO Live please as to how you can justify this flagrant abuse and advertising. It makes you all so cheap :(

7oClLux.jpg

I should also add, we got this on the EU Server. In 3 different Languages.

There is no "European Buy a Pet" day today.

I can only now assume that this is a very last ditch for a quick money grab from the PC User base. Unless of course someone can say otherwise.

I strongly suggest you have a word with them and see if they understand the concept of Invasive Marketing. And while your at it, maybe research how to do selective marketing as well. There is absolutely no reason, with the data you have on your systems, this script could not run and post the relevant language to each user ONCE!

Ok, based on some peoples thoughts and comments, I thought I'd put the link to each post in this thread here, to make it easier for them to see :)

Keep the better ideas coming people and who knows, maybe, just maybe, they might take it on board?
CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I got this the other night. I think in five (5) different languages too. Cuz, ya know, I'm totally not in FL or anything...
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested in hearing the response.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree it's not exactly high class to promote this way, I don't think it'll go away and I can live with that. They just need to do it rarely, or only upon log in, or something like that.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very concerning that this is still going on, after the huge outcry over previous stunts.
    Annoying your customers is about as self-destructive as it gets.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    It's very concerning that this is still going on, after the huge outcry over previous stunts.
    Annoying your customers is about as self-destructive as it gets.

The "huge outcry" over the one time this happened before was a few very vocal people on the forums who apparently don't understand advertising.

There's a simple solution for people who don't like in-game advertisements: ignore them.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more they do this, the more I am not going to purchase from the Crown Store. I will save my points for DLC only - No matter what. I will also quit subbing.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really immersion breaking. Spoils the enjoyment of the game and irritates me.

Actually puts me off buying things when they are shoved in my face like this.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazed that they dared to do this after everyone outraged the last time.

Zenimax,
    -We all know there is a crown store.
    -Most of us probably read the launcher's news and ads before playing the game.

There's no reason to shove these offers in our faces as we play, we are already fully aware of them.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 17, 2015 7:26PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 17, 2015 7:24PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they learnt there lesson before mmm slippery slope zeni please back it off. Especially when the console release is out as like others i know console players wont be around long if there pestered by a game they bought to buy more.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is annoying but for me having rare motifs is even more annoying.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language as these are multilingual megaservers.

The politician's answer. Good work.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did it AGAIN?! Christ.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on April 17, 2015 7:25PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.

This was pretty clear when I opened the LAUNCHER.

No need to ruin game immersion with obnoxious advertisements for something we are already made aware of when opening the launcher.

kthxbye
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, it's coming off as more than that. It's greedy and pushy.

My game language is English. Therefore, please keep your alerts to English. You're reasoning is perhaps one of the saddest excuses for a pointless advertisement I've seen in a while...

We all have to launch the game from the Updater/Launcher, so right there is plenty enough of a notification of some silly cash shop item.
    Edited by nastuug on April 17, 2015 7:27PM
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is really cheapening the in-game experience, and undermining the quality and class of ESO and ZOS. Just so you're aware.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they didn't hear our dissatisfaction about this on national pet day.

The middle of the screen system notifications are just tacky.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 17, 2015 7:30PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once per day? You're kidding right?
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Fine, I can understand that, but splashing it across the screen as a system message in game is not the way to do it. Everyone sees the launcher and probably at least skims the headlines in the news feed. That's where this belongs. Or the character select, or on a loading screen. Not splashed across the screen in game. Please discontinue this practice, ZoS.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No ...Nononono, Zenimax .. you are not kindly reminding us of an opportunity .. you are advertising a paid service, full screen, breaking the immersion of everyone trying to enjoy the game ..
    You are not helping us "not missing out" .. you are trying to milk us for money.

I can't believe I saw this .. even free Koreans MMO don't pull that kind of stinking trick.

Once per day is already too much .. desist, and NEVER EVER do that again, please.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you guys insist on doing this even though the launcher is quite sufficient for most people, can you at least put advertising in a different color (perhaps green) so we don't see yellow and assume the server is going down until we take our attention off whatever we were doing to read the message?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyond tacky.

It's just plain disheartening.

This just shows that ZoS is in Total Desperation Mode at this point, and probably freaking out because things are such a mess.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really bad thing. I definitely will NOT buy this leopard which was advertized. I hate this on youtube and just stop watching immediately as long as I see it, and I don't have TV cable for same reason. So the only way I can do here - do not buy the advertized stuff. Will see how bad it will be in a future.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Just, don't do that ZOS. end of discussion. People already hate cash shops, we're here for the game, not marketing.

I'm subbed since day one and still am by the way.
    Edited by Arezius on April 17, 2015 7:36PM
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Well when it happened last time, I wasn't on and didn't think it was a big deal.

Again, when this happened a second time, I wasn't on, and while part of me can ignore it well enough, if given a choice, I'd say this needs to stop happening.

Please.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify - some of you are paid subscribers who are seeing these ads?

I have two subbed accounts, and was not online during either the "pet" or the "senche" ads.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I have two subbed accounts, and was not online during either the "pet" or the "senche" ads.

I am a subscriber (although it is due to expire and I won't be renewing) and I saw it.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I am subbed and saw this a few nights ago, yes.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everybody see this stuff - it is not depend on the account status.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire