The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oh ZoS - You have let us down!

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the addon called "No, thank you". Best way to deal with this garbage. Also helps with scroll drop/pickup spam and the "random guild member has completed whatever" spam also.

Minimize all that crud to the chat box.

Aaahh, that's why I didn't see this, I'm using the same addon^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »

Oh..... That's interesting
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just installed it.

A great shame really, but if it stops the intrusion, then it can only be a good thing.

And the real irony on all of this, is that before this add, I was about to spend $$ on crowns to get it :neutral:
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on April 17, 2015 8:05PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just put the god damn ads in loading screens or something. I don't want huge yellow letters all over my screen on a daily basis. Seriously, why does a game I've payed so much for and still subscribe to, look like a virus infected android application?????
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the addon called "No, thank you". Best way to deal with this garbage. Also helps with scroll drop/pickup spam and the "random guild member has completed whatever" spam also.

So you're saying that the mod 'No, Thank You!' is actively hindering chat and on-screen advertisement messages from staff? Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im downloading that tonight. Thanks guys!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    I've just installed it.

A great shame really, but if it stops the intrusion, then it can only be a good thing.

And the real irony on all of this, is that before this add, I was about to spend $$ on crowns to get it :neutral:

Did you not buy it because of the ad?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Huggernaut
    Huggernaut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.

Once per day, is 1 times too many PER DAY.

It's very simple,

- you make a sticky on the forums (which you have)
    - you have a "featured" button in the store (which you do)
    - Lastly, and this is the only other acceptable thing ... you make a splash screen when you login that adverts any current event running as well as as any current store promo, this should be able to be closed with a single click. DO NOT, make this show up when you close the game. This only angers people. When they want to quit, they want to quit.

those are the only 3 acceptable practices when it comes to advertising in online games.

learn em & love em folks.

Cheers.
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a message. Holy cow, guys - have you never played a game where the 'buy now' icon is constantly on the screen and immovable as in other games?

Why on earth would ZOS put their customer ahead of their profit margins when their customers will flip their spit over literally anything?
    Options
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this, too, for the first time now on the EU server. It honestly didn't bother me that much. Now, if this becomes a regular thing that happens every few hours I see how it could become really annoying. But to see it like once during a special welcome back week-end. It really didn't bother me. At least, the crown store icon is still very unintrusive and not a big shiny golden button that is always visible on screen and can't be disabled at any time like the real money store button was in most F2P MMOGs I've played.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put the god damn ads in loading screens or something. I don't want huge yellow letters all over my screen on a daily basis. Seriously, why does a game I've payed so much for and still subscribe to, look like a virus infected android application?????

You should make a poll @LEGENDARYYY. "Would you mind loading screen ads?"

I'd vote NO
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »
    It's a message. Holy cow, guys - have you never played a game where the 'buy now' icon is constantly on the screen and immovable as in other games?

Why on earth would ZOS put their customer ahead of their profit margins when their customers will flip their spit over literally anything?

I feel sad that there are so many people out there who have no experience with gaming before the micro-transaction/monetization craze, and that now think this it is normal (or rather how it should be).
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on April 17, 2015 8:46PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh... its mildly annoying, true. But it can be ignored.
    Might have been better to keep those kind of crown store announcements out of the game and only have them in the info box under your login, that way everyone'd see it if they care to look, but noone'd have their gaming immersion damaged because of it...
    Options
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    omg stop crying

No.

I think you are missing the point. It's not the fact they are advertising. It's an accepted practice that we all knew would happen. They need to make money, 99% of all people agree with it - including me.

It's HOW they have done it. No thought about genuinely making it a seamless process, something where people will go "ok, I understand, no problem". Instead, it's like watching a movie then a ruddy great sign comes up and says "Hey, go buy some popcorn".

Slippery slope which will help no-one :(

I would rather it be sub based with no ads or cash shop, but this is what we have now. Since this is the case, I think ZoS should work out a marketing stragegy that makes them so much $$$ they cant help but to add more devs, release more content and keep the game going for years to come. If the on screen messages work, do it up. If they don't bring in enough, try something else. Get $, sell pets, have successful game, bang lusty argonian maids, etc.
    EP FOR LIFE
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.

Only for a short time... yeah right... till next month. Or a different skin with different colored spots called something else comes along.

Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillic wrote: »
    I love how they do this crap on the weekend, or right close to the end of the workday on Friday. Stay classy. Or not. You lost my sub because of this. Proof:

6M591Lr.jpg

Saying "Stay Classy" and follow up with "I'm quitting" I LOVE IT!!!

I'll stay classy by just saying I'm expressing my disatisfaction by withholding monthly plus membership for the duration of this practice.

Great game though, keep it up.

ZoSence (n.):
    Options
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you splash it during the initial loading screen when we log on. You know all those really really really cool concept art loading screens we have in the game? That's untapped advertising space. I'm loading and doing absolutely nothing else in the game but starting at a screen with useless hints on it instead of an advertising message or hell even the image of what's up for sale or "coming soon" or "limited time only". Has it occurred to ZOS that a loading screen has a surprising analog to television commercials?

I simply refuse to accept that the best idea that industry professionals who make games FOR A LIVING could come up with was multi lingual server messages...

You guys allergic to money or something?
    Edited by Obscure on April 17, 2015 8:16PM
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to ask:

What is it about these messages that makes people so angry? Why is it this particular form of messaging that you find so hard to ignore? Or are we really just looking for reasons to complain about a completely innocuous practice?
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game is quickly becoming a train wreck.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    These ads are NOT acceptable, it is ruining the game for me.
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »

So you splash it during the initial loading screen when we log on. You know all those really really really cool concept art loading screens we have in the game? That's untapped advertising space. I'm loading and doing absolutely nothing else in the game but starting at a screen with useless hints on it instead of an advertising message or hell even the image of what's up for sale or "coming soon" or "limited time only". Has it occurred to ZOS that a loading screen has a surprising analog to television commercials?

I simply refuse to accept that the best idea that industry professionals who make games FOR A LIVING could come up with was multi lingual server messages...

You guys allergic to money or something?

Now, THIS is a decent idea. Ideal, no, not by a long shot. But one would have thought a half decent meeting with marketing, developers and community would have thought of this. Instead they came up with this. *shrugs*

Plus one for your Marketing Savy - maybe apply to ZoS :D

Options
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda odd, I'm playing many hours pretty much everyday but I have seen this message not even once.

Edit: my current sub expires in 12 days, not sure if this makes any difference.

I've not seen them either and I'm on much of the day as well. Don't care for it becoming a regular thing though.

I also never use the launcher except to update my game. There are probably lots of others who do the same. Not justifying this, just throwing that out there as a possible reason for system messages.
    Edited by stabbykitteh on April 17, 2015 8:22PM
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molsondry wrote: »
    Also canceled My sub .. good job zenimax for not listening the 80% disagree poll

80% dissatisfaction might not be enough if 20% of the people actually buy this stuff.

Sad part is, the more of us that cancel, the more it will push them to do tactics like this until this game is more used up that a methed out street walker after a 75% off sale.

ZoSence (n.):
    Options
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Cackles) This is what you all wanted by dropping the subscription and going with a cash shop. Enjoy! :D

(Laughs while walking away)
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel sad that there are so many people out there who have no experience with gaming before the micro-transaction/monetization craze, and that now think this it is normal.

Alternatively - there are players like myself who are old enough, experienced enough and have played games since the year dot, who understand that the survivability of a game in the contemporary MMO era rely on their own adaptation to competitive market strain.

In summary - this is how it is guys - like it or lump it. The only variances are whether the company decides to shove this right down your throat, or reminds you that there is a cash-shop in the background behind all this pompous player entitlement.
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to ask:

What is it about these messages that makes people so angry? Why is it this particular form of messaging that you find so hard to ignore? Or are we really just looking for reasons to complain about a completely innocuous practice?

Interesting you ask. This is the sort of response you would EXPECT from a Community Manager, or a Marketing Manager.

Simply ASKING their USER BASE who they are wanting MONEY from.... It's not rocket science.

The community would say "Oh, I don't like that, but I do understand you need to make money, how about this......" and we have a discussion on it.

Alas, it appears over the last 6 weeks, it's about doing it, seeing if they can get away with it, then maybe trying something new if they see negative changes *shrugs* Crazy.

Options
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the deal kid, because apparently you've missed the point of the feedback.

Have these players played a game with in-game advertising? Probably. Do they continue to play those games. No. When they signed up for ESO did it have in game advertising. No. Will most of these people continue to play ESO when it's just another crappy MMO with in-game advertising? No.

When it first came out, ESO was a game for "adults" and carried a subscription fee. Now that it's b2p, and inevitably on the path to f2p, it is no longer a game for "adults." It's just another game designed to entice people to needlessly spend money on stupid stuff. The only people who still sub are the TES fans who "want to support the game," but they simply haven't realized the epic "shark jumping" this game has done.

This game has become just another grinder with an overpriced cash shop. The writing is on the wall, or rather, the system message advertisements emblazoned on your screen.
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to ask:

The existence and usage of said server messages promotes one to assume ZOS is getting desperate for money. As true as that may be, there are other ways to panhandle. This should not be one of them.
    Edited by nastuug on April 17, 2015 8:26PM
    Options
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    It would be more appropriate to put the message in the News section of the Launcher application or the Announcements section of the Login screen.
    Edited by shiva7663 on April 17, 2015 8:30PM
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel sad that there are so many people out there who have no experience with gaming before the micro-transaction/monetization craze, and that now think this it is normal.

Alternatively - there are players like myself who are old enough, experienced enough and have played games since the year dot, who understand that the survivability of a game in the contemporary MMO era rely on their own adaptation to competitive market strain.

In summary - this is how it is guys - like it or lump it. The only variances are whether the company decides to shove this right down your throat, or reminds you that there is a cash-shop in the background behind all this pompous player entitlement.

Hardly constructive. "Like it or lump it." You're telling the consumers, who can decide the overall fate and survivability of this game, to bend over or leave the game. That's just... yeah.
    Options