The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Crafter - new perk for crafting!

CirithValaria
CirithValaria
✭✭✭✭
EDIT: AND WE FINALLY HAVE IT!!!! <3<3<3<3

Greetings all :)

I would like to share this tiny improvement idea with huge customization potential that would benefit all style and customization nerds.
Idea is very simple and this is something I think would fit in perfectly..

All comments are welcome, please share any thoughts (positive/negative) you might have.
If you like it but don't feel like commenting/sharing, please consider using some of the "reactions": insightful / agree / awesome.
Check in-game sharing tips at the end of this post.

MASTER CRAFTER PERK

WHAT DOES IT DO THEN?
Perk unlocks "model" option in crafting window. This option let's you choose any earlier model known to you previous to material you'are using.
Example: Crafting from Flax: jute and flax models are available. Crafting from Void: all models are available.
So the crafting works almost like normally:

CHOOSE GEAR TYPE
-Default model depends on your material choice.
CHOOSE MATERIAL
-Material determinates item level/rank and the default model (not the final look).
CHOOSE STYLE
-Race inspired style.
CHOOSE MODEL * NEW*
-Master Crafter has unlocked the option to choose from any earlier material model.
Example: as we are now crafting from Void: all models are available.
CHOOSE TRAIT
- Trait gems add special bonuses.

12003920_1655255508078419_8538076412632948555_n.jpg?oh=74fb384a809d7a4c95d938f9627c7671&oe=5847D628

EXAMPLE:
Crafter wants to craft epaulets rank 9.
Crafter picks [type] Epaulets and [material] Void Cloth.
Our crafter is most appealed of Bosmers and picks [style] Bone, yet dislikes the default veteran model.
Master Crafter decides to do earlier [model] (cotton from lvl 25-35).
And lastly chooses Divines [trait] and picks up a sapphire.

11999079_1655255498078420_1914169706066583148_n.jpg?oh=4eb3ddb0d9dc432fe554c9b9656a8877&oe=58460567

OPTIONS FOR UNLOCKING:
Unlocked at lvl 50 (blacksmithing, clothing and/or woodworking)
Requires 1 skill point OR free (achievement reward).
OR
Purchased from Crown Store? 2500-5000 crowns
OR
High-End Champion System - perk?

WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
ATM game has so many amazing gear models that ”can't be used” after you ”out level” them... And the time you can use them is over before you even realize.
This tiny improvement gives so much more customization options and is ideally coupled with a preview option.
It will let us loose in the river of creativeness and increase the different / unique style combinations we see our beloved ESOTU players wearing.

Thank you for your time and reading!
Have a nice day in Tamriel :blush:

-Cirith-

EDIT
About *Costumes and Crown Store*:
"People would still buy": The "better quality ones", the unique ones and ofc the polymorphs. Many would still want to cover certain dropped sets that doesn't appeal to them or want to hide their true armors in PvP OR maybe Sorcerers dislike their"bound armor" look (like myself)."
"... as others have noted, costumes won't solve the problem because they're not going to be sold in pieces and can't be dyed. Rather they come as a package reflecting somebody else's taste. And as long as they can't be dyed they will never be ...as strong or as popular option as crafted sets - for visuals"
"This would only encourage them to make better and more unique Crown Store costumes,"

EDIT:
French discussion here: (thanks to Aranarth)
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121767/maitre-artisant-nouveau-passif-artisanat#latest

EDIT:
Poll here: (thanks to Lord_Draevan)
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122804/crafting-lower-level-looks-with-high-level-materials#latest

EDIT:
Remember that you can feedback this idea in the game.
Here is how you do it:

Type in chat-> /feedback
Choose: Impact - Cosmetic / Category - Game System / Sub-Category - Crafting...
Copy/Paste the following message in the "Description" field

Greetings.

I would like to share this tiny improvement idea called:
"Master Crafter" - a new perk for crafting.
With this perk you can craft higher tier gear/weapons and choose any of the earlier (unlocked) models.
This is achieved by maxing out crafting (passive) or by purchacing it from Crown Store (crowns).

There is almost 2 years old active thread on ESOTU official forums in crafting section that goes in much more detail.
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121362/master-crafter-new-perk-for-crafting/p1

Thank you!

Then simply "submit feedback"
I personally want to thank all who took time to do this - a major THANKS to you! :)

EDIT:
Completely updated the original post to be more clean (instead of 1 huge picture we now have bigger and easier to read text and better quality pictures)

-> You can copy and share below picture as you see fit. <-
Master+Crafter.jpg
Edited by CirithValaria on March 11, 2018 4:30PM
Motto:
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
@Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
| hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
| The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
@Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
(1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
(180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
(160CP)
  • Lyrro
    Lyrro
    ✭✭✭
    I really do love this idea, especially for RP purposes. I was carrying around a second armor set for a long time because my character's pve armor does not suit him RP wise. For inventory sake I ended up dropping the second armor set and just using the seadrake disguise instead since it's basically three outfits in one, it's just random which one you get.
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool.

I do agree with a recent poll that we need a way to preview what items will look like. Would really need it with this.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah combo with dyes, this and preview would be something that I can only dream.
    Motto:

About me:
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 times yes. I started with Bosmer medium armor.
    Somewhere along the line the armor lost it's hotness factor entirely and started to have these enormous tassets floating in midair 3 or 4 inches away from the cuirass.

Let me craft VR12 armor with the lvl1-lvl20 model and the VR12 shine and I'd be one happy elf.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    1000 times yes. I started with Bosmer medium armor.
    Somewhere along the line the armor lost it's hotness factor entirely and started to have these enormous tassets floating in midair 3 or 4 inches away from the cuirass.

Let me craft VR12 armor with the lvl1-lvl20 model and the VR12 shine and I'd be one happy elf.

^^My feelings exactly!
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a cosmetic system similar to lotro or even swtor would be easier, but that's just me. Good idea, though to try and make it unique.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • seancaputo_ESO
    seancaputo_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Very Good Idea...
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought to introduce the idea this way so that it fits well in current crafting system and feels eso'ish. And somehow I felt this would be the easiest way to them to implement in current system. Tho what do I know, lol.
    Glad you all seem to like the idea overall :)
    I hope the eso team realizes the improvement potential here <3
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice Idea, gives us a reason to max out three of the crafts, and gives us options for looks too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • tehsa
    tehsa
    ✭✭✭
    This, so many times. I mean, there is a way to get some looks with costumes, but I was also really disappointed you could craft specific armour styles only for a small level range to be useful.
    Especially since in regular Elder Scrolls armour rating depends on material AND style (which is one and the same there) and here style already has lost its impact on stats.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea..
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this, as I even now like to mix and match different racial styles to create my unique look.

With Master Crafter maybe please also add mending.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Syntse
    Yeah I know what you mean. I'd like to think there is just enough fashion sense in me to always create my very own unique looks and avoid using any "ready style sets". Now that dyes are coming the job is getting so much easier, if only we could get this (Master Crafter) and maybe the preview too. B)
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • monden1980b16_ESO
    monden1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Like the idea, especially because I dislike many of the higher VR looks... the low level armor look more "pure" or "realistic", and less like super hero...
  • Istyar
    Istyar
    ✭✭✭
    Sir, you are amazing.
    Istyar ~ Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - Savior of Nirn - Hero of Tamriel

Istyar, the old sorcerer from Summerset Isles, Master of the Old Ways of the Psjiic Order and Grand Master of the Illusion and Mysticism Divison of Aldmeri Dominion Army.

Check the UESP and learn more about TES universe: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
  • dnnyrssll7
    dnnyrssll7
    Soul Shriven
    Love the idea!!
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very awesome. Love this idea.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey, ZOS!! Check this out and DOOO EEEET!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MichelleA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance that this might happen? please?
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1000000
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS Make this happen
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, this needs to happen. I prefer the low level Breton shoulders, why should I have to make them in a different style at higher levels? Can they please add a way to preview armor before you put it on and "bind" it? Or at the very least let you put it on and not get any benefits till you bind it? I hate that I can't really see what something looks like till I equip it. :s
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on July 22, 2014 4:33PM
    :trollin:
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    That is an excellent idea. More variety is always better and this would be a great, and seemingly fairly easy thing to add.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!
    Very nice to see you all liking the idea, thank you all boys and girls..and between :)
    Good to see this topic isn't drowning in the topics flood :p
    Edited by CirithValaria on July 22, 2014 8:18PM
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that lets me get rid of the tasset and loincloth over the pants look would be much appreciated. The method @CirithValaria suggests is certainly the most elegant and blends seamlessly into the existing crafting scheme.

I don't want to loose the much better coloring that comes with top tier armor, just the mostly meh models.
  • Tr1cksh0t
    Tr1cksh0t
    ✭✭
    I'm still convinced the only people that want this are teenage boys playing female toons and wanting to run around in bosmer medium/light armor. lol
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tr1cksh0t wrote: »
    I'm still convinced the only people that want this are teenage boys playing female toons and wanting to run around in bosmer medium/light armor. lol

What??

No, quite a few medium level armours are better looking than the types just above them. We want to have the better look with the best stats we can equip.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Aranarth
    Aranarth
    J'ai partagé l'idée en section fr :wink:
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tr1cksh0t wrote: »

And...right on schedule.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this sounds cool, but yea we need a preview for this as well as what we have now.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.