Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Master Crafter - new perk for crafting!

• CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beega wrote: »
    @Beega‌
    Yes it surely would. Do you have any specific favorite weapon/armor models?

On females most of the heavy armours. But I do love the unique Craglorn sets.

I love the texture quality on almost every Craglorn gear, simply beautiful:)

@Aenra‌
    Thank you, glad you liked it :)
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • Tarkit
    Tarkit
    ✭✭
    Would love this!
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We need this badly. The preview too.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    superfluous, but in the interest of keeping the conversation afloat :)

this is something i would love to see implemented a-ny-way. Doubly so since in their infinite wisdom they added full sets with a visual element..we had the tribute to YMCA and pole dancers united magelight, but that wasn't enough, so now we also have green balls of light orbitting around us! And more than one too! And of course, to complement this to the extreme, no option to turn those things off..

this suggestion would really, really help; the variations it would open up are just bonus on top of it; just can't relate to resembling a lit up Crimbo tree. Really. Just does not resonate
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    If they are not going to enable RPers to have ordinary clothing , much like you see npc's wearing then this would assist as well. I have 8 alts , every one of them have PVE gear seperate from RP gear. This would be a great addition that given the bag space issues would be much appreciated.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I think the lowest two or three models should be left out (maybe allow for slightly longer use) but everything else can be used for max. Just MO.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    1.5 is out now so it would be great if something like this was in 1.6.

Dyes where a great addition and renew'd my interest, Since i posted my whiny post i have learned enough nirn to make armor (its pretty non-OP for the cost but what the heck). I got super excited over the night silence armor because the sneak was something unique but then they nerfed it in there infinate wisdom.

They have huge built in subscriber base whom played and mod'd oblivion/skyrim whom want some fun armors options. Its a shame they ignore them.

I just wish they would make something fun for crafters ... This would be perfect and pretty easy to implement i think.
    Edited by indigoblades on November 3, 2014 9:21PM
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    @skeletorz_ESO‌
    I believe that one reason delaying this kind of crafting improvements is that they want to give us the preview option with them. (it's somewhat confirmed to come in some point) I agree that preview would make my pants go wet with this idea. :)

@Tashira_Ronin‌
    Crafting pure cloth (with no armor rating, glyps or traits) for RP reasons is something they should add too. It's always been possible to wear ordinary clothes in TES games, those few via disguises are good start, but why not widen that a bit. Ofc that would require little more work from them, but in future it is a must.

@KenjiJU‌
    Leaving out 2-3 lowest models will leave us only the veteran models and the ones before it (which usually looks rather same or is already the same)
    To make it wide variety of styles/models - we need them all.

Is it the lower level "not so armored" .."half-naked bosmer models" etc that you fear most ones will use? And that all veteran people will run around half naked and still be "armored"? Just curious :)

To all of you:
    Reason why this is better idea than crafting disguises for same purpose (for example) is that you can see what type of armors someone is using, difference between early and veteran models is not too big (in many cases).

Imho it depends on your character and your taste (and RP aspect), but when dyed there's not really that much difference.
    One looks battle hardened and comfortable in her armor. She loves her armor and wears it with pride (lower tier). Another looks fancy (vr), guy hasn't ever left his temple, protecting those puny priests is honorable non-bloody job.

This system makes heavy armor user still look like heavy armor user.
    And I honestly believe that people (like me) will pick few their favorite styles here and there and combine them into something unique.

@indigoblades‌
    Yes it's a pity that this didn't come with those crafting updates. 1.5 was considered as an update for crafters too, so not seeing this on it made me sad panda.
    Yes If you look all the mods people did for armors/weapons/clothing, it really is something that people want, nobody really wants to look same as the guy next to him/her (well some do, lol) So I hope that they will wake up. Dwemer motif won't unfortunately change a thing. Thank you for your continued support :)

Thank you all who support the idea and have commented or "reacted".
    Remember that you can /feedback this in game too. I updated OP with detailed "how-to-do-it" instructions and message (if you don't want to write your own :)
    copy/paste in game -click..click.. done in 20 sec :)

<3
    Edited by CirithValaria on September 10, 2015 7:48PM
    Motto:

About me:
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point about the preview option & possibility they are delaying any work/comments related to ur master crafter perks due to that. Me personally, i dont like disguises much for customizing one char looks.

I know they have mentioned mulitple times someday barbershops will be available so character customization is important to them.

i will be patient, i have been updating my addons since 1.5 release so i have been busy and not in forums much. Keep up the good work !!!!!
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing idea. I hope to see it in ESO.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Circuitica
    Circuitica
    ✭✭✭
    I need this to come already!
    That's what a dose of reality does for you. Never touch the stuff myself.

Circuitica - Dunmer Dragonknight (AD) | Black Wind, Fire and Steel
    Nokkonen - Bosmer Sorcerer (DC) | Scholar of Storm Magic
    Suhisee Kaislikossa - Argonian Nightblade (EP) | Assassin in Shadows
    Tiikerililja - Khajiit Templar (DC) | Princess of Warm Sands
    Tulimir - Khajiit Dragonknight (EP) | Fiery Puss
    Myrskytuuli - Argonian Sorcerer (EP) | Hatchling of Thunder
    Dovepaw - Khajiit Templar (AD) | Reaper of Light
    Pörröpeppu - Khajiit Nightblade (DC) | Black Death's Twin Sister

tigers-and-lilies.tumblr.com/ | https://facebook.com/tiikerililja/
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOS needs to read this thread .... we sure need something to help our ugly ducklings LOL.

I am trying a stam build on my sorc and perusing ESO fashion to get Medium Jack ideas and thinking Skyrim Armor/Clothing is about 20x better. I have every motif except Dwemer (which is looks terriable btw) and cant but togather any thing decent looking at VR9-14.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheBucket‌ @Circuitica
    Yeah I totally agree :)

@indigoblades‌
    lol yes indeed, tho I think they have noticed us, but simply not commented.
    I do like stamina builds and personally I've always found medium the easiest armor type to work with (style).
    Dwemer has some nice styles and some very bad ones, but it offers few more nice pieces to mix and match which is nice I guess. I like the fact that they added new motif and others are coming, but I feel much more variety is still needed and Master Crafter would widen things up perfectly.
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea is brilliant! Out of the PILE of ideas I've seen on this forum this one should be implemented first. An elegant solution. Well done sir.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    This idea is brilliant! Out of the PILE of ideas I've seen on this forum this one should be implemented first. An elegant solution. Well done sir.

Wow this made my day! Thank you so much :)
    And thanks for supporting ^^
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all.
    Some of u might have noticed that I recently put this idea on "ask us anything", thread about questions they would answer in ESO live.
    Ofc I understood that they can't answer to all questions, but since they haven't responded here I decided to try different approach.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1409675/#Comment_1409675

Post got all the way up to 16 "awesomes", 3"agrees" and 1 "insightful" which was huge and way more than many others had - so thank you so much!
    Maybe I was a bit naive to think that maybe they would now comment about it.
    No they did not, they skipped it and ignored totally.
    I must admit, it made me quite sad panda honestly.

We have a thread that has almost 10K views, 160 comments, 7 insightfuls, 62 agrees and 50 awesomes.
    We have a post about the thread in Q&A thread that got double the amount likes than the other posts.

I think you guys deserve some attention from devs!
    So please @ZOS anyone of u, how you feel about this idea?

Edited by CirithValaria on September 10, 2015 7:46PM
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 awesomes now. Thanks for keeping this one alive.

Bottom line (in my 'humble' and most accurate opinion) some high level armors are kinda ugly, wouldn't use them if there was a real choice. Wearing lvl 20 armor at VR isn't a viable choice.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    10 Awesomes now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea!
  • Black_Wolf88
    Black_Wolf88
    ✭✭✭
    great idea and get +1 from me.
    + this thread is awesome and needs a bump
    "The key to immportality is first living a life worth remembering." -Bruce Lee
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad this got bumped because I thought of something like this earlier this week. As someone posted early in this thread, it was because of the Bosmer medium armor line which IMO, looks worse the higher it goes. I did notice another thread suggesting another motif be made available to the standard races. My idea was that we could find a book labeled "Motif ##: Imperial Jacks & Guards: Variants #".

With the early models you have suggested plus the added variants, there would be an unending amount of combinations that players could choose from. Plus, it would blend easily with the solution the OP has here.

Just a suggestion. Awesome OP. Awesome thread. Thank you for being brave enough for sharing! :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, a bazillion times yes!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your support, much appreciated! :)
    I've been playing more and lurked less in here lately, and I'm so glad to see this thread still being bumped frequently on its own :)
    Keep your ideas and comments coming^^
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that zos has decided to go with the "costume way" after all.

ZOS_MattF
    Some of the costumes in the Crown Store look like some of the most favorite armor sets in the game, turned into a costume. There are a few lower level armor "looks" in the game right now that are pretty cool, and we've gotten some commentary that players sometimes don't want to upgrade to a new armor piece in the game because they like the they way they look. So, we have several costume packs that basically give you the look of some in-game full armor sets (Lion Guard, for example). We have no plans to sell armor or armor pieces in the Crown Store, just costumes that look like them.

Huge thank you for all your positive comments, feedback and support overall.
    THANK YOU! Travel safe and see you all in Tamriel.

Edited by CirithValaria on February 25, 2015 9:36AM
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    I think once again ZOS misinterpreted what people want. A custume with lower level armor vs lower level armors "I" think look good, with higher level stats that can mixed with other armors and dyed unique are too different beast and once again ZOS has incorrectly miss read what there user base wants. I dont think its more custumes. I repeat ur quote:

ZOS_MattF
    Some of the costumes in the Crown Store look like some of the most favorite armor sets in the game, turned into a costume. There are a few lower level armor "looks" in the game right now that are pretty cool, and we've gotten some commentary that players sometimes don't want to upgrade to a new armor piece in the game because they like the they way they look. So, we have several costume packs that basically give you the look of some in-game full armor sets (Lion Guard, for example). We have no plans to sell armor or armor pieces in the Crown Store, just costumes that look like them.

Your idea my be dead for 1.6, but hopefully not forever. Basically you are talking about a transmog (spelling?) like in WOW. If Transmog works for other MMO's it should work for ESO.

Me and lot of others wont be buying costumes. The ones i get for free, i mainly dont wear because they are not ORIGINAL. I will continue to mix a few lower ranking armor that look good with my higher rank VR14 stuff & take a few lost points in armor and buffs.

With the game going free to play and no higher level armor sets that look decent, ill probally leave ESO for either TES IV or Fallout 4, if no transmog is added by then. Those games have a mod community supports lots of customization in those games. If Transmog is added as either a small DLC or feature i would stay & be happy to pay for such a feature as long as the price was less than a full featured DLC.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    transmog (spelling?)

That's spelt correctly, it's short for Transmogrification
    dictionary.reference.com/browse/transmogrification
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • che.bonsai
    che.bonsai
    Soul Shriven
    That sounds pretty good and logically!
    Martina Grammaton Dragon Knight VR15 - tank. (Aldmeri Dominion)
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CirithValaria I love your bullets. :) Totally agree with you as well.
    Gidorick wrote: »

@Gidorick also agree with it being brilliant and one of the better posts!
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    Just came across this while reading the Q&A for ESO Live.

I would really love this to be implemented but I doubt that they would pay attention to it given that the Crown Store is coming out as that would generate revenue for the game in the form of selling costumes.

Perhaps if they could add an option to buy such an ability in the crown store for alot of crown points and make it bind to account when aquired, it could work. Think about it why implement this and then sell costume on the crown store? With this feature, the players choice and uniqueness will somehow trump whatever they sell on the Crown store unless the item being sold in itself is very special and new which for example a roleplayer really needs to fit in with his or her character concept.

The more limited we are on costume options in game, they more ideas they have in creating costumes for the crown store so i fear that they will implement this. But I hope they do however as I do like this feature very much.

Regardless, a preview window is much needed. Hopefully it will not make Eso_Fashion a redundant website which I really like to visit. Would not like the work of the people that have done it to go to waste.

Edit: I do not remember correctly on PTS, these costumes they will be selling in Crown store may not even be dyeable. They need to change the costume system and make it piecewise rather than a 1 whole costume. This will bring more customization and will really make me happy, hopefully for others as well am sure.
    Edited by Edhelas_Naven on February 27, 2015 9:44AM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have NO IDEA how I got it into my wee brain that decoupling style from level was coming in version 6.

There was so much discussion about it and I think I confused a developer created thread with this one....and others.

So imagine how utterly foolish I felt rushing to a crafting station to make higher level gear for this gal, hoping to preserve her look above the appealing cut off point of level 24, after which few options look good anymore or are appropriate for the character.

Young%20Sela_zpsxlh4l769.png

To keep her playing well at level 26 in this outfit I'd already had to go gold on the medium armor chest.

I suppose I simply don't understand. Leveling is not part of the story - rather it's a game device completely decoupled from any quest or story line. We're playing the same quests in the Veteran Ranks that others played a much lower levels; they simply did those as members of another faction.

We see NPCs at high levels in low level styles. The logical inconsistency of this is....well...it fails to make sense. :(

At least she can keep that style of primal pants all the way to VR14. That's the kicker....some motifs change with level whereas others do not...puzzling when it's not simply annoying ;)

I'd like to at least occasionally see something interesting in an update that customers actually asked for - especially something as uncontroversial as this.

Yes, people did ask for pets to be offloaded into another realm of storage, and for more storage space. Very nice but not terribly interesting as a game feature ;)

Plus, as others have noted, costumes won't solve the problem because they're not going to be sold in pieces and can't be dyed. Rather they come as a package reflecting somebody else's taste.