Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Master Crafter - new perk for crafting!

• Ysulyan
    Ysulyan
    ✭✭
    I agree, and I will add my little grain of sand in the subject by summoning the gods @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert so that they please look into this interesting subject!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Ysulyan wrote: »
    I think the thing is that devs might be afraid that costumes and crown-purchased cosmetics will end up not being purchased as much, since players will have the liberty of adding their own cosmetics much more easier with this idea. Could it be that they'd rather not add this feature for the sake of having a higher income? I know not. Maybe I'm wrong though, it's just a supposition.

There's probably a good amount of truth to that, unfortunately. But I don't think they should let that stop them from implementing this. If they happen to notice a trend of costumes not being purchased after a change like this one, then that's a sign they need to up their game and design better costumes, IMO.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the thing is that devs might be afraid that costumes and crown-purchased cosmetics will end up not being purchased as much, since players will have the liberty of adding their own cosmetics much more easier with this idea. Could it be that they'd rather not add this feature for the sake of having a higher income? I know not. Maybe I'm wrong though, it's just a supposition.

I really don't think that would actually happen. There will always be those that wish to take the shortcut and just wear a costume to get the look they want.

ZOS could also circumvent any crown store sales loss with the release of an "imprint-able" costume item. Buy this imprint-able costume from the crown store and simply make whatever look you're currently wearing a costume. Make it a consumable so that players will have to buy more than one. ZOS wouldn't have to ever make another costume again.
    Edited by Gidorick on November 11, 2015 4:37PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

I really don't think that would actually happen. There will always be those that wish to take the shortcut and just wear a costume to get the look they want.
    I should clarify, that in my post above yours, I was saying there was likely truth to the statement that ZOS thinks it would harm costume sales. I don't think it actually would, though, for reasons you pointed out, as wells as costumes being unique from any existing armor styles (or they should be anyway).
    ZOS could also circumvent any crown store sales loss with the release of an "imprint-able" costume item. Buy this imprint-able costume from the crown store and simply make whatever look you're currently wearing a costume. Make it a consumable so that players will have to buy more than one. ZOS wouldn't have to ever make another costume again.
    This would probably be acceptable for most people, but I personally hate costumes. I'd much rather be able to craft the lower visual styles in higher tier materials.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sneaky-Snurr
    Few months after game was released I sent this idea to them via mail and they replied:

"I hope this scroll finds you well my friend. Thank for submitting your ideas, I can see that so much thought has gone into it.

While we really appreciate how creative and dedicated you are, it is our policy not to accept suggestions submitted from outside our company. We would like to let you know that there is a dedicated forum where you can share and discuss ideas with other fans. Therefore, I encourage you to register and post on our official forums.

I have forwarded your ideas to the appropriate department. You might not hear anything back but rest assured they do read everything. If there is anything else that we can assist you with please don't hesitate to get in touch with us."

Few weeks went by and since I didn't find any similar threads on forum I decided to make this thread.
    So that is over a year ago and you all have been keeping this thread steadily alive and I thank you for that.
    For my active feedbacks I've received following answers:

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online support team with your idea. It is great to see such enthusiasm! We appreciate how creative and dedicated our fans are.

Your idea is an idea that, to my knowledge, has not yet been suggested. Personally, I would love to be a Master Crafter; and I think it's great that you already have it in detail up on the forums as well.
    A lot of new features and ideas in the games currently have been suggested by the players, so maybe your idea will become a reality if you gather enough support. Good luck! :)"

So that's about all I've gotten out of them. To be honest getting that 1 tiny comment in this thread from them, would make my day :)
    ..even if it says "not gonna happen".

@Kwivur
    For a second you had me there! :dizzy: Haha
    Totally agree with you.

@Ysulyan / @Everyone
    Yeah we've been discussing about it previously in this thread. Tbh when the crown store plans came to daylight, I somehow knew this wasn't going to be priority and perhaps even BE their solution for "people missing old styles", since "many" costumes have mixed gear pieces (low/high tier).
    In fact:

"ZOS_MattF
    Some of the costumes in the Crown Store look like some of the most favorite armor sets in the game, turned into a costume. There are a few lower level armor "looks" in the game right now that are pretty cool, and we've gotten some commentary that players sometimes don't want to upgrade to a new armor piece in the game because they like the they way they look. So, we have several costume packs that basically give you the look of some in-game full armor sets (Lion Guard, for example). We have no plans to sell armor or armor pieces in the Crown Store, just costumes that look like them.
    "

imo: People would still buy the "better ones". Better ones is ofc a matter of taste, but also the unique ones (like the upcoming cinematic heroes, and few others that already are in crown store). Many would still want to cover certain dropped sets that doesn't appeal to them or want to hide their true armors in pvp OR maybe sorcerers dislike their"bound armor" look (like myself).

@Gidorick
    Like always: I'm honored since its coming from you - the mastermind behind so many excellent ideas.
    Thank you.

@Septimus_Magna
    Yeah the preview has been a side-kick since the start of this thread, but it's something I avoid advertising too much since I don't want to be "asking too much". Also I "know" it's coming and getting closer since it was already made first in dye system and then in crown store. So I'm hopeful.
    So yeah you're absolutely right and I fully agree :)

@Everyone
    Thanks for the support and keep up the awesome discussion.
    Sorry for extreme long post.
    Have fun in Tamriel!

Edited by CirithValaria on November 12, 2015 12:02PM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowMage wrote: »
    people, but I personally hate costumes. I'd much rather be able to craft the lower visual styles in higher tier materials.

So do I @ShadowMage. I want to look like the armor I'm wearing! I made a poll about the upcoming cinematic armors being motifs and not just costumes.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229454/would-you-like-motifs-of-the-cinematic-armors

"A lot of new features and ideas in the games currently have been suggested by the players, so maybe your idea will become a reality if you gather enough support.

They really should quantify this statement @CirithValaria. IF this statement is true... and we can get concepts implemented via player support... how do we do that? MUST it be a huge angry mob of players across facebook/reddit/forums to get ZOS' attention?

I have long asked for an official way to submit and gather support for concepts. One MMO that does this is Runescape: https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/overview

Oh well, I realized a long time ago that ZOS has their plans and they really don't want or think they need ideas from the community.

Edited by Gidorick on November 11, 2015 5:54PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's probably a good amount of truth to that, unfortunately. But I don't think they should let that stop them from implementing this. If they happen to notice a trend of costumes not being purchased after a change like this one, then that's a sign they need to up their game and design better costumes, IMO.

So then they should sell 'Levelstones' in Crown Store then, you can use one on any item and select the lvl of that item you want to convert it to.

As for the 'try on' thing, that's a nice idea but perhaps requires too much work. There's nothing you cannot see in ESO Fashion anyway.
  • Ysulyan
    Ysulyan
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

So then they should sell 'Levelstones' in Crown Store then, you can use one on any item and select the lvl of that item you want to convert it to.

As for the 'try on' thing, that's a nice idea but perhaps requires too much work. There's nothing you cannot see in ESO Fashion anyway.

ESO fashion might be an alternative, but in my case, for example, I want to see my character with a certain piece of armor, not someone else, since their physical appearance might not match my character's for example; and because sometimes the screenshots show only half of the entire armor and sometimes it's confusing to browse through them in that website. Still, it's nowadays best choice if you want to preview armor. A dressing room feature would be more than perfect, and it's not too much work since they already implemented this in the crown store preview feature...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all :)

I would like to share this tiny improvement idea with huge customization potential that would benefit all style and customization geeks.
    Idea is very simple and this is something I think would fit in perfectly and make ESO a even richer game.

All comments are welcome, please share any thoughts (positive/negative) you might have.
    If you like it but don't feel like commenting/sharing, please consider using some of the "reactions": insightful / agree / awesome.
    Check in-game sharing tips at the end of this post.

MASTER CRAFTER PERK

Unlocked at lvl 50 (blacksmithing, clothing and/or woodworking)
    Requires 1 skill point OR free (achievement reward).
    OR
    Purchased from Crown Store?

Well what does it do then?
    Perk allows you to choose "model" from any earlier material and craft using it with any veteran material.
    So the crafting works almost like normally:

CHOOSE GEAR TYPE
    -Default model depends on your material choice.
    CHOOSE MATERIAL
    -Material determinates item level/rank and the default model (not the final look).
    CHOOSE STYLE
    -Race inspired style.
    CHOOSE MODEL * NEW*
    -Master crafter can craft earlier material model in any style known to him/her from any veteran material.
    CHOOSE TRAIT
    - Trait gems add special bonuses.

12003920_1655255508078419_8538076412632948555_n.jpg?oh=8ba9a712e2860fd77f1467e8ce9aa79f&oe=566D3A28

EXAMPLE:
    Crafter wants to craft epaulets rank 9.
    Crafter picks [type] Epaulets and [material] Void Cloth.
    Our crafter is most appealed of Bosmers and picks [style] Bone, yet dislikes the default veteran model.
    Master crafter decides to do earlier [model] (cotton from lvl 25-35).
    And lastly chooses Divines [trait] and picks up a sapphire.

11999079_1655255498078420_1914169706066583148_n.jpg?oh=9c53b9ccfa48a6c23536a9172507369b&oe=566B6967

WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
    ATM game has so many amazing gear models that ”can't be used” after you ”out level” them.
    This tiny improvement gives so much more customization options and is ideally coupled with preview option.
    It will let us loose in the river of creativeness and increase the different / unique style combinations we see our beloved ESOTU players wearing.

Thank you for your time and reading!
    Have a nice day in Tamriel :blush:

-Cirith-

EDIT:
    French discussion here: (thanks to Aranarth)
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121767/maitre-artisant-nouveau-passif-artisanat#latest

EDIT:
    Poll here: (thanks to Lord_Draevan)
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122804/crafting-lower-level-looks-with-high-level-materials#latest

EDIT:
    Remember that you can feedback this idea in game.
    Here is how you do it:

Type in chat-> /feedback ... Choose "game systems" as category...
    Copy/paste the following message in the "description" field

Greetings.
    I would like to share this tiny improvement idea called: "Master Crafter" - a new perk for crafting.
    With this perk you can craft veteran gear/weapons and choose any of the earlier models (that are unlocked).
    It either reward for maxing craft or Crown Store item.
    There is over 1 year old active thread on ESO:TU official forums in crafting section that goes in much more detail.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121362/master-crafter-new-perk-for-crafting/p1

Pretty please: come and say hello or just "/lurk" if its more your thing ; )
    Thank you

Then simply "submit feedback"
    I personally want to thank all who took time to do this - a major THANKS to you! :)

EDIT:
    Completely updated the original post to be more clean (instead of 1 huge picture we now have bigger and easier to read text and better quality pictures)

-> You can copy and share below picture as you see fit. <-
    Master+Crafter.jpg

I agree!! @ZOS_GinaBruno please implement this!
  • Circuitica
    Circuitica
    ✭✭✭
    My Khajiit loves her cat hat a lot. I was pretty disappointed after I had to upgrade it from cotton (lvl 30) to kresh fibre (vr 1) and saw how different she looks (at least to me). In this case, I think the lower level item looks much better than the higher level one and I really miss that bad-ass-looking cat! I would love to use the earlier model and with Master Crafter perk, make it at my character's current level (and eventually up to max. level).

12249863_10205348108918035_8133153811715004797_n.jpg?oh=e76b0436a5c2913b5269ac4b83a1fb49&oe=56B883D6
    That's what a dose of reality does for you. Never touch the stuff myself.

Circuitica - Dunmer Dragonknight (AD) | Black Wind, Fire and Steel
    Nokkonen - Bosmer Sorcerer (DC) | Scholar of Storm Magic
    Suhisee Kaislikossa - Argonian Nightblade (EP) | Assassin in Shadows
    Tiikerililja - Khajiit Templar (DC) | Princess of Warm Sands
    Tulimir - Khajiit Dragonknight (EP) | Fiery Puss
    Myrskytuuli - Argonian Sorcerer (EP) | Hatchling of Thunder
    Dovepaw - Khajiit Templar (AD) | Reaper of Light
    Pörröpeppu - Khajiit Nightblade (DC) | Black Death's Twin Sister

tigers-and-lilies.tumblr.com/ | https://facebook.com/tiikerililja/
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    12249863_10205348108918035_8133153811715004797_n.jpg?oh=f06f8ecaadfd8784a8b7a8da1c3753b7&oe=575210BF

It does change your face surprisingly much.
    And since the facial expressions are bugged (still) its all about the hat and it truly makes a difference.
    ...its the small things that count...
    Edited by CirithValaria on February 28, 2016 9:28AM
    Motto:

About me:
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump, good idea.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea , i wish the images of the armor pieces you were crafting were BIGGER so you could clearly see what you are about to make.
  • TheDreadFather
    I say yes to this. I myself am a master crafter in blacksmithing, clothing & woodworking also working on enchantments. I would love to be able to craft higher level gear with the looks of said lower level gear.
  • Ysulyan
    Ysulyan
    ✭✭
    It's a shame no devs are looking into this. :(
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Allow master crafter to reforge equipment and combine consumables.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea.

I thought this up a few months back as well. My wife USED to play and loved the low level red guard light gear that looks vastly different as she leveled. Nothing else tickled her fancy.

Doesn't seem like it would require that much work but seems like they'd be afraid it would take sales away from the Crown store. So glad they got rid of that pesky Subscription. Not.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    "So no plans to implement this system - ESO Live."

S
    A
    D

P
    A
    N
    D
    A

F
    A
    C
    E

:(
    Edited by CirithValaria on December 5, 2015 9:04AM
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually said that on eso live?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sadly.
    I try to post a clip here when the episode is uploaded on You Tube.
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea, I just wish there was some kind of perk to having spent the time researching the items. As it is now all you need is a friend to make your set for you. It would be nice for there to be a reward for making your own gear. Maybe a 1% buff or access to a 9 trait table that is BOP.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes yes yes yes. Or crafting unarmored too actually
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    In ESO LIVE - Ask Us Anything - section, they did answer a question that was referring to this kind of system.

Question was asked by @Calad :
    "Will it ever be possible, to use appearance of lower tier armor and weapons for higher equipment"
    and ZOS answered like this:
    "So presently we do not have plans to implement this feature, but soon as we have any updates to share we will let everyone know"

If you wanna check this out its on Twitch:
    "ESO LIVE: 12/4 Feat. Brian Wheeler, Ask Us Anything & More!"
    (I can't link directly to the last episode, so you need to search the latest - first one at the time of posting this)
    twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/profile
    Question and Answer is at -> 00:21:21-00:21:38

So watching it now again and again..and again.. gives me little more hope (than what I had last night) since the answer wasn't actually: "NO NEVER"...even if it felt like that 10 hours ago ;)
    Edited by CirithValaria on December 5, 2015 9:18AM
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being that this original idea was posted July 2014 it gives me little hope that ZOS takes or ideas here seriously. :confused:

Oh well.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being that this original idea was posted July 2014 it gives me little hope that ZOS takes or ideas here seriously. :confused:

Oh well.

Don't lose hope, auction horse will hit the road someday!!
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well.

Don't lose hope, auction horse will hit the road someday!!

Lol. Perhaps... if Clavicus Vile can make a profit. :lol:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First bump for 2016!

Mannimarco come forth!
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Focust3
    Focust3
    I love it! very well thought out and presented very thoroughly, I would love to see something like this in the game for a patch or DLC.
    CP557 DK
    CP557 Sorc
    CP557 Stamplar
    GT: PissedPlatapi
    Platform:Xbox1
    Server:North America
  • Dagonthir
    Dagonthir
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a good idea! I had never thought about it before, but it is unfortunate that the earlier looks are lost once you've moved beyond that level of gear.
  • Lambtron
    Lambtron
    ✭✭
    Cirith, I really hope someone from ZOS takes a good look at your idea. As someone who's keen on getting low level skins for high end armour, I think it'd be a great addition to the immersion experience for many players.