Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Master Crafter - new perk for crafting!

• ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta jump in here and give this a bump!

Love this idea. I only recently started playing, but I have been planning my character and the armor/weapon styles I want to use (thanks ESO-Fashion!) and I've noticed that many of the upper level armor pieces don't fit the look I'm shooting for where some of the lower level ones are perfect. I'm still enjoying my lower level look (since I'm still lower level ;) ) but I would like to keep that look as I progress.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Nhoxxx
    Nhoxxx
    ✭✭
    Gonna bump this too as I love the idea !
  • GabrielBoneGrinder
    GabrielBoneGrinder
    Soul Shriven
    ALL OF MY YAAAS
    "Necromancy is the art of the gods"
  • blacklight25
    blacklight25
    Soul Shriven
    I love this idea, i hope it actually gets implemented in the game!

But i have to disagree with people saying the lower level armor is better looking than the higher level armor, for about 40 levels i have used the same mix of armor styles (head is 1 race, shoulders are another, chest and pants are the same, hands/boots/belt are the same), i personally feel like it looks better and better every time i make new gear(about every 10 levels). I use medium armor by the way.

Maybe I'm lucky and found something that works for me for now, but I'm sure that if you plan it out and really experiment with different race styles then you will find something you enjoy.
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this idea, i hope it actually gets implemented in the game!

But i have to disagree with people saying the lower level armor is better looking than the higher level armor, for about 40 levels i have used the same mix of armor styles (head is 1 race, shoulders are another, chest and pants are the same, hands/boots/belt are the same), i personally feel like it looks better and better every time i make new gear(about every 10 levels). I use medium armor by the way.

Maybe I'm lucky and found something that works for me for now, but I'm sure that if you plan it out and really experiment with different race styles then you will find something you enjoy.

I guess I'd agree in general about armor, with a few exceptions (high level hats tend to be ugly).
    Shields though, I like a lot of the lower level circular shields, like the Imperial and Barbaric ones.

I prefer lower level weapons in a lot of cases, you can easily see why below...
    Aldmer Axes Compared

Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 26, 2015 6:18AM
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    This idea is truly awesome
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all thank you all for your great support and bumps.
    When they released their crown store plans and costumes I knew this is something they most likely wont implement.
    However reading all the awesome positive comments and support from these 6 pages makes me SAD since ZOS has totally ignored so many great individuals and overall positive thread on forums/internet where whining and negativity normally rules.

When u look at the costumes at crown store its ofc a matter of taste which is nice and which isn't, but in all fairness there are few nice ones and more are coming..still...If they could only "work" (they failed to fix costume bug in recent patch) and I wish they could also be visible on character menu and if only they could be dyed..list goes on...

Therefore I propose an innovative compromise:

Monthly costume competition!
    Costumes designed by players, so how this works is:
    - Player crafts a set and dyes it in-game using any dye/style/or gear tier available to them.
    - When ready they take screenshots (front/side/back) send it to zos with additional info (style/gear tier/dye names etc)
    - Then zos can pick the best ones and we players vote our favorite and the winner will be implemented as crown store costume.

This way people can be creative, ZOS gets good stuff on crown store - its win-win.
    What are your thoughts?
    :)
    Edited by CirithValaria on September 10, 2015 7:43PM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    It only makes sense that a character can create all the looks they have learned. There has to be a technical solution to preventing a level 3 character from looking like a veteran character while allowing the reverse to be technically possible.

Whether or not they figure it out, your contest idea @CirithValaria is a great one!
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY hasn't this been implemented in game? ugh... seriously. It's such an elegant and simple solution that would add a LOT of depth and variety to armor!!

GAAH!!!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Alina_Scarbridge
    Alina_Scarbridge
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see this implemented in game.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bellanca6561n
    Sry totally missed your excellent old comment, just noticed it while reading through all comments. I wanted to apologize any confusion this thread might have caused to you, but on the bright side I'm happy if it's so well made and well taken that u thought it was developer discussion :) You hit spot on your comment overall and I fully agree. This part especially about costumes: "Plus, as others have noted, costumes won't solve the problem because they're not going to be sold in pieces and can't be dyed. Rather they come as a package reflecting somebody else's taste."

@Gidorick
    Tell me about it.
    For me it would be a major win already to get that 1 small dev comment (positive or negative).

Overall
    Good conversation and comparisons from you all and thank you for the bumps :)
    Glad you like the idea.

Updated the complete original post to be more clear.

Motto:

About me:
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This and reforging style would be good.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trait and Level changes please!
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Add me to the Master Crafting perk idea support team. Going to have to try and give this feedback on my ps4 tonight.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    Add me to the Master Crafting perk idea support team. Going to have to try and give this feedback on my ps4 tonight.

Much appreciated :)
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Love this idea as well! And to build off of it, I think having a skill line only available to master crafters would compensate them for the hard work and time dedication to maxing out the crafting skills. Skills to choose the model, change traits of already created items, etc.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Ysulyan
    Ysulyan
    ✭✭
    Bumping because this idea is simply one of the best around.
    I support it.

(Can't believe I missed this; if I had known before I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making a new topic regarding this, sorry)
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysulyan wrote: »
    Bumping because this idea is simply one of the best around.
    I support it.

(Can't believe I missed this; if I had known before I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making a new topic regarding this, sorry)

Yeah just last week I realized that this thread/idea has been "alive" little over a year now, huge thanks to you all.

There has been few posts showing this kind of improvement ideas for crafting and I think its good to have others too because maybe then @ZOS starts noticing us.

Just a reminder:
    You can feedback this idea in-game, for more info check below the original post.
    @ZOS claims they read and react to feedback... so... we shall see :)
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all :)

I would like to share this tiny improvement idea with huge customization potential that would benefit all players and game overall.
    Idea is very simple and this is something I think would fit in perfectly.

All comments are welcome, please share any thoughts (positive/negative) you might have.
    If you like it but don't feel like commenting/sharing, please consider using some of the "reactions": insightful / agree / awesome.
    Check in-game sharing tips at the end of this post.

MASTER CRAFTER PERK

Unlocked at lvl 50 (blacksmithing, clothing and/or woodworking)
    Requires 1 skill point or free (achievement reward).

Well what does it do then?
    Perk allows you to choose "model" from any earlier material and craft using it with any veteran material.
    So the crafting works almost like normally:

CHOOSE GEAR TYPE
    -Default model depends on your material choice.
    CHOOSE MATERIAL
    -Material determinates item level/rank and the default model (not the final look).
    CHOOSE STYLE
    -Race inspired style.
    CHOOSE MODEL * NEW*
    -Master crafter can craft earlier material model in any style known to him/her from any veteran material.
    CHOOSE TRAIT
    - Trait gems add special bonuses.

12003920_1655255508078419_8538076412632948555_n.jpg?oh=8ba9a712e2860fd77f1467e8ce9aa79f&oe=566D3A28

EXAMPLE:
    Crafter wants to craft epaulets rank 9.
    Crafter picks [type] Epaulets and [material] Void Cloth.
    Our crafter is most appealed of Bosmers and picks [style] Bone, yet dislikes the default veteran model.
    Master crafter decides to do earlier [model] (cotton from lvl 25-35).
    And lastly chooses Divines [trait] and picks up a sapphire.

11999079_1655255498078420_1914169706066583148_n.jpg?oh=9c53b9ccfa48a6c23536a9172507369b&oe=566B6967

WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
    ATM game has so many amazing gear models that ”can't be used” after you ”out level” them.
    This tiny improvement gives so much more customization options and dev work won't be wasted.
    It will let us loose in the river of creativeness and increase the different / unique style combinations we see our beloved ESOTU players wearing.

Thank you for your time and reading!
    Have a nice day in Tamriel :blush:

-Cirith-

EDIT:
    French discussion here: (thanks to Aranarth)
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121767/maitre-artisant-nouveau-passif-artisanat#latest

EDIT:
    Poll here: (thanks to Lord_Draevan)
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122804/crafting-lower-level-looks-with-high-level-materials#latest

EDIT:
    Remember that you can feedback this idea in game.
    Here is how you do it:

Type in chat-> /feedback ... Choose "game systems" as category...
    Copy/paste the following message in the "description" field

Greetings.
    I would like to share this tiny improvement idea called: "Master Crafter" - a new perk for crafting.
    With this perk you can craft veteran gear/weapons and choose any of the earlier models (that are unlocked). It is received when profession is lvl 50.
    There is a thread on ESO official forums, in crafting section that goes in more detail.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121362/master-crafter-new-perk-for-crafting/p1

Pretty please: come and say hello or /lurk : )
    Thank you

Then simply "submit feedback"
    I personally want to thank all who took time to do this - a major THANKS to you! :)

EDIT:
    Completely updated the original post to be more clean (instead of 1 huge picture we now have bigger and easier to read text and better quality pictures)

-> You can copy and share below picture as you see fit. <-
    Master+Crafter.jpg

I like the idea - of course. I just hope they actually use it. It would be a waste of a great idea you and I both have had.
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • Circuitica
    Circuitica
    ✭✭✭
    Just sent my weekly in-game feedback :)

Love this idea!
    Edited by Circuitica on November 7, 2015 10:55AM
    That's what a dose of reality does for you. Never touch the stuff myself.

Circuitica - Dunmer Dragonknight (AD) | Black Wind, Fire and Steel
    Nokkonen - Bosmer Sorcerer (DC) | Scholar of Storm Magic
    Suhisee Kaislikossa - Argonian Nightblade (EP) | Assassin in Shadows
    Tiikerililja - Khajiit Templar (DC) | Princess of Warm Sands
    Tulimir - Khajiit Dragonknight (EP) | Fiery Puss
    Myrskytuuli - Argonian Sorcerer (EP) | Hatchling of Thunder
    Dovepaw - Khajiit Templar (AD) | Reaper of Light
    Pörröpeppu - Khajiit Nightblade (DC) | Black Death's Twin Sister

tigers-and-lilies.tumblr.com/ | https://facebook.com/tiikerililja/
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Circuitica wrote: »
    Just sent my weekly in-game feedback :)

Love this idea!

I love your dedication :)
    Thank you so much!
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love your idea @CirithValaria.
    This system not only allows different styles to be mixed and matched according to the crafter's taste but it also includes an extremely diverse customisation which I yearn for in this game. Great idea. :)

Just curious, has @ZOS made any contact with you regarding this brilliant customisation system? If so, what's the progress? Is it taken into consideration? How can I be of help to push and commend this idea to @ZOS? I'd very much want to see your idea be implemented into the game. *thumbs up*
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on November 11, 2015 1:50PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have:

Master Crafter Perk - allows you to buy hammers/tongs, needle/thread, saw/chisel from traders and repair your own gear. Repairs also allow crafters to upgrade gear (within its material range) and change traits.
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have:

Master Crafter Perk - allows you to buy hammers/tongs, needle/thread, saw/chisel from traders and repair your own gear. Repairs also allow crafters to upgrade gear (within its material range) and change traits.
    This would be a great idea for extra perks, too. Personally, I'd rather be able to craft the lower level styles, but this would be nice to see as well. Hopefully ZOS will do a crafting revamp and include the OP as well as your ideas.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will never be done only because it makes too much sense. I would love to see this in game, but devs are too focused on freaking bears and stuff like that. This game really needs to stray away from the "do as you're told" bs.
  • Ysulyan
    Ysulyan
    ✭✭
    I think the thing is that devs might be afraid that costumes and crown-purchased cosmetics will end up not being purchased as much, since players will have the liberty of adding their own cosmetics much more easier with this idea. Could it be that they'd rather not add this feature for the sake of having a higher income? I know not. Maybe I'm wrong though, it's just a supposition.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_RichLambert, You may not have seen this thread since it was well before your tenure as creative director. So... Please consider this as a near-future addition to ESO.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea, I would like changes like this.
    Right now most models are wasted because most players only wear low level items for a couple hours.
    Its really a waste of time, money and effort to not be able to use the other models when you craft something.

This gives players more control how they look without influencing items stats or required crafting materials.

A necessary feature with an addition like this would be a preview mode while crafting, similar to the crown store preview.

Please take a look at the suggestions in this thread @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer