The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All mail items deleted along with character

• Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Luxx wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. Nowhere in the mail does it specify that they are one time use either.

My e-mail says right at the top.

"WARNING: The attached is a one-time redeemable item. To give it to another one of your characters, deposit it in your shared bank acount, accessed from major cities. Do not delete a character when this item is in inventory or it will be permantly lost"

Can't get much clearer than that.
  • Zeemvader
    Zeemvader
    ✭✭
    If I read the mail, but did not take the items, would it be okay to delete then? or is it bound to the character once read?
  • lloysa
    lloysa
    Same problem here - accidentally deleted tha char and lost all Explorer pack items (maps are the most wanted). Sent a ticket to the Custemer support, didn't fixed the # of my ticket - and what? There are NO in-game instruments to track it. Also didn't get any e-mail notification with the ticket #. It's really weird (
  • AlphaIL
    AlphaIL
    ✭✭
    Same happened to me, opened a ticket about it hours ago but n response yet.
  • Laygon
    Laygon
    Soul Shriven
    .. contact our Support Team. They should be able to help you get your items back. You can email them directly, here: http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask

Will Do have sent a email.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, every one has started to out level me.

• lloysa
    lloysa
    BTW - I don't have any words about the fact that items will be deleted with the deletion of the char (screeshot approve)
    - https://plus.google.com/u/0/110540743844886265613/posts
    Edited by lloysa on March 30, 2014 3:11PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zeemvader wrote: »
    If I read the mail, but did not take the items, would it be okay to delete then? or is it bound to the character once read?

I'd get them on your main character first before deleting anything.
  • kwolf
    kwolf
    Luckily I caught this before I deleted my character. Still the items are on a character that I am now going to have to use at least all the way to a bank before getting them.

I have to admit I have had a bit of shakey faith in this game already. How such things like this were not addressed or thought of before is kinda scary. Even Blizzard realized this kinda situation with their original collectors edition of WoW, and gave each new character their vanity pet. This was back in 2004. A decade later and nothing was learned from this? I suppose it's trivial in a way, but still doesn't boast well for forward thinking.

With enough days to go that people can still cancel preorders, you would think first retail impressions would be very important. Still thanks to the original poster for giving this warning.
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    I altered my life's schedule for this? No thanks. I'll wait till a week or so after launch and I might start then.

May that be a lesson to you all, don't change your life based on an mmo launch because it will NOT go 100% smoothly, and for the first couple of days, even weeks, there will be a LOT of issues, and if you're unlucky, you'll be hit by some of them ;)))

Now have fun!
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    lloysa wrote: »
    BTW - I don't have any words about the fact that items will be deleted with the deletion of the char (screeshot approve)

I only saw the notice on the mail for the "Imperial Edition", and that was for the Mara Entitlement (I believe). The vanity pet's and Explorer Pack mail did not say anything.

• lloysa
    lloysa
    NightOwl68 wrote: »
    lloysa wrote: »

I only saw the notice on the mail for the "Imperial Edition", and that was for the Mara Entitlement (I believe). The vanity pet's and Explorer Pack mail did not say anything.

Yep, I guess so - so how the hell a player could get an idea that the items will be lost after deletion? No way.

Not that I am really disappointed, but I'd like to explore maps )
  • DylanCb16_ESO
    Hey,

I wonder, if I created a character, but did not redemm the items via the mail system yet, and deleted said character, are the items lost? Or, since I preordered with amazon, will I just recieve them at the 4th?
  • Luxx
    Luxx
    Dolenz wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. Nowhere in the mail does it specify that they are one time use either.

My e-mail says right at the top.

"WARNING: The attached is a one-time redeemable item. To give it to another one of your characters, deposit it in your shared bank acount, accessed from major cities. Do not delete a character when this item is in inventory or it will be permantly lost"

Can't get much clearer than that.

You're right, you can't. Except mine didn't say that.
    i57.tinypic.com/sdib9k.jpg

And nor has anything to my actual email.

P is for peasant.
  • ToxicCosmos
    ToxicCosmos
    ✭✭✭
    Like someone above me said, the email clearly states one time use. Yes it's annoying to have to play that first character up until the point to where you can put your items in the bank before deleting, but it's really not that big of a deal. If you don't feel like playing that throw away character, play another for the time being.

And to those of you who have lost items. You will get them back. Just send in a support ticket and do other things while you wait - like play your main or alt characters.

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up. No mmo launch goes 100% smoothly. And just because some things haven't gone well for you (I've experienced quite a few of these bugs too) is no reason to let it ruin the game, and is certainly not a "sign" that things are going to be bad. I'll say it again; no mmo launch goes 100% smoothly.
    Edited by ToxicCosmos on March 30, 2014 3:29PM
  • Nehefer
    Nehefer
    ✭✭
    Hey,

I wonder, if I created a character, but did not redemm the items via the mail system yet, and deleted said character, are the items lost? Or, since I preordered with amazon, will I just recieve them at the 4th?

I'd like to know this too.
  • lloysa
    lloysa
    Like someone above me said, the email clearly states one time use.<...>

My emails didn't say anything of that kind - my screenshot is given a bit earlier. So no doubt I wasn't aware of it (

• Xyalon
    Xyalon
    Like someone above me said, the email clearly states one time use. Yes it's annoying to have to play that first character up until the point to where you can put your items in the bank before deleting, but it's really not that big of a deal.

What e-mail would that be then?
    Lapsed Pacifist.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO_Maya wrote: »
    Maybe you need to just play the game, since it's working for you. Instead of giving a hard time to people who's day isn't so rosey.

Just flag his posts. Hopefully, when he gets banned from the forum he gets shut out from the game as well.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. If you did delete your original character and the in-game mail, please be sure to contact our Support Team for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    I did the same thing...

I pre-ordered and all the extra items I got I put on my first character, the zoom did not work when I created his face. I realized I didn't like his look so I deleted him and started over. The zoom worked the second time around but all the extras, like the monkey pet and other things are all gone. I want them back.
  • HrodtheCakeBeater
    Just chiming in to say I've lost my items as well. Sent in a support ticket hours ago when it originally happened.

I did read the mail and left the mara thing unclaimed because of what that specific mail said, but I honestly wasn't even thinking about that when I deleted my character, it was after I got out of the Wailing Prison and realized I was on the wrong faction.
    I was just so used to being able to claim those kinds of things on every character.

This is a bit of an inconvenience and I don't feel like playing again until it gets resolved, but I'm not going to say the game is horrible trash because of it.
  • DarkKnight
    DarkKnight
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how they didn't anticipate this.

I too lost an item but it was only the beta monkey pet. I can wait for that. But the fact is every other MMORPG makes these items per character.

No, every other MMO really doesn't Pre-order bonuses are always account wide. Everytime you make a new character, you get these things. This is the first MMO I've played that restricts this content to specific characters. Does it really hurt the balance of the game to make Rings of Mara account wide or get a 1g horse? SMH....
  • HrodtheCakeBeater
    I think even if every in-game message had the warning I still would have done the same thing.

I was just so dumbfounded at my own stupidity when I walked out of that house and realized I was Daggerfall that I wasn't thinking straight. If I was smarter I would have put everything, including the stuff I had looted, in the bank before deleting the character, and if I was even smarter still I would have made sure to pick the right faction before starting.
    Edited by HrodtheCakeBeater on March 30, 2014 4:07PM
  • RiXtn
    RiXtn
    a friend of mine warned me about this .... I think I would have the same problem now if he didnt warned me.

hope you all get your items back! we should able to claim our pre order items on every new character. dont know whats the idea behind it to do it not like this.

rusty english .. i know but just want to let the developers know that they have to change it :)

• HrodtheCakeBeater
    RiXtn wrote: »
    a friend of mine warned me about this .... I think I
    hope you all get your items back! we should able to claim our pre order items on every new character. dont know whats the idea behind it to do it not like this.

I haven't really paid attention to the forums or anything, despite participating in a few Beta weekends, but If I had to guess I would think it is because of the account wide mail system. Which I kind of like.
  • Nighthawke89
    Nighthawke89
    Soul Shriven
    RiXtn wrote: »
    a friend of mine warned me about this .... I think I

I haven't really paid attention to the forums or anything, despite participating in a few Beta weekends, but If I had to guess I would think it is because of the account wide mail system. Which I kind of like.

I like account wide email. But if it is what causes this issue, Bethesda/Zenimax need to have a way to claim our items for new characters. I'd even settle for having to email support about it, really. I just want what I was promised for having enough faith in Zenimax and ESO to buy the Imperial Edition. And sure, they could technically claim I got that, but it's a sleazy move. They only had a warning on one item, the rest gave no warning that we'd loose them if we delete that character. Not to mention no other MMO that I know of does this, they always issue bonus items to every new character, even F2P games.
    Edited by Nighthawke89 on March 30, 2014 4:33PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My husband and I BOTH preordered for these items! Seriously people, get your act together and FIX THIS NOW. It is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE that he has lost all his preorder items. We were looking forward to using the rings of Mara together but hey he no longer has his! Part of the point of doing the preorder and get the items and start playing early was to level up quickly together and get our guild started. I am completely pissed off and disappointed that this was implemented in such a half assed way! I am FURIOUS!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theojin wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Deleted first Char, and bonus items are gone :( too bad, that there is no description, that the items are unique per account.

Even if there was a description the fact is they shouldn't be unique per account. Who the hell wants to pass their vanity pets around to each character as they log one off and log another on?

EXACTLY! This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. And MANY people are in this predicament because of the stupid initial character creation bug (that was NOT there in Beta I might add!) which is the reason they deleted their first character in the first place!

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ysbal
    Ysbal
    Chiming in to say I did it, too. Didn't like the way I looked (zooming bug related) and deleted the character without even thinking of the stuff in my inventory. I had actually forgotten about the monkey pet and rings until just after I finished deleting.

Then it was just: I can't believe I did something so stupid.

The rings and monkey were the only things I had recieved though, the Explorer's Pack, mudcrab, the other stuff never came at all.
  • Datamadness
    I was told three hours ago I would have the items restored "soon" and wait for an out of game email. Still nothing. I create a PC every 30 minutes and look, but na-da.