The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All mail items deleted along with character

• magic_is_might
    magic_is_might
    ✭✭✭
    urahara0 wrote: »
    Dolenz wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. Nowhere in the mail does it specify that they are one time use either.

My e-mail says right at the top.

"WARNING: The attached is a one-time redeemable item. To give it to another one of your characters, deposit it in your shared bank acount, accessed from major cities. Do not delete a character when this item is in inventory or it will be permantly lost"

Can't get much clearer than that.

Sadly, people don't read. Work retail for awhile and you'll learn this quickly. It could have been handled so much better, but they did warn you directly in the email.

Sienna Nightsky | Aldmeri Dominion | Nightblade Woodelf
    Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    Have the same problem. Just made in game ticket. I have made a character, taken the mail items and unkowning its one per account deleted that char beceuse i didnt like how he looked.

Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    that is such bs no other game would do that.... why???? it creates anarchy in a game and you dont want that..... its bad mojo..... you should give the first in line from that start what they want if you want dedication...... just saying.....
    Options
  • bryanredshadowpreub18_ESO
    same here did that the very first day i played lol got stuck paniced deleted char lost all my items never got them back what waist of money i contacted them so many times but I become sick of waiting for them while i could just level up not happy losing my animal companions but dang i like the game to bad i payed so much at least i can still convert armor into Empirical armor no they didn't event tell me when i deleted my items there was no message at the point there was one soon after when i go a hold of them saying you should tell people that they should put these in the dam bank because people are going to for get but is till want my stuff back but nope they desided witht he message but didn't give me my stuff back
    Edited by bryanredshadowpreub18_ESO on April 2, 2014 6:15AM
    Options
  • Solantis
    Solantis
    Sorry double post...
    Edited by Solantis on April 2, 2014 6:30AM
    Options
  • Solantis
    Solantis
    Hello MIchelle
    I deleted my character with the items, (all maps, vanity pet and monkey) and sent a support ticket the first day of early access, but I don't know if I filed it right because I haven't gotten a unresolved response.
    wrote:
    Response By Email (Zaynah) (03/31/2014 10:34 AM)
    Glory to Mauloch!

Thank You for contacting Elder Scrolls Online!! At this time I am going to send this up to my High Elves so that they can sort this out for you! They should get back to you as soon as they can. Thank You for your understanding and patience!

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Question Reference # 140330-006678
    Date Created: 03/30/2014 08:23 AM
    Date Last Updated: 03/31/2014 10:34 AM

Is so complicated send me back all items?
    Edited by Solantis on April 2, 2014 6:26AM
    Options
  • Edlyn
    Edlyn
    I created a ticket 3 days ago but haven't gotten any response yet, not even a confirmation email that you guys are working on it. I just created a second ticket.

I will not subscribe to a game which starts with such a disappointment and slow customer service, that's for sure.
    Options
  • XShadesX
    XShadesX
    i have a similar problem, i was getting rid of my pets ( dont like pets ) while the scoutter pet was summoned after i deleted them from inventory the pesky thing wont leave its always following me around, i cant get rid of it please help. oh dont tell me to send a ticked i already sended like 3 and no response for 3 days now
    Edited by XShadesX on April 2, 2014 4:08PM
    Options
  • pacmansweeb17_ESO
    :\ Whoot have u done ? I had early acces and i did lvl one char and now today (3/4) whn i wanted to play a bit more - i did not have any char at all (it just gone/deleted) so what have u done with my char?
    Options
  • bakermoosenub18_ESO
    Here's a thought, make the items an account thing where they get given to every character ever created on that account, you know...live every other mmo ever created. I can't believe the manpower you are wasting on this because of archaic implementation.
    Options
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    My character got deleted in beta , didn't know items was gonna be used once .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
    Options
  • davidregalub17_ESO
    davidregalub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Had the same problem. Made a character, redeemed the items, didnt like the character I made so I rerolled a new one. Saw the items were gone and then read that its a one time redeemable item. Seriously stupid system. The amount you pay for the imperial edition you would think they would make it a proper account wide bonus like every other mmo.

There is a VERY clear message that warns you about deleting your character and the pre-order bonus items. Now, that assumes of course that you went into your mail at all to look at them, or if your bothered reading once you were there. And not every other MMO makes things account wide. In fact very few do. Guild Wars 2 has the same system. Not saying its perfect, but so far I've had 2 issues with ESO and called their support, got a call back within 4 hours. Better than any other PC game support I've ever had... put in a ticket and they will fix it, they are not game ***'s like some companies.
    Options
  • Beerzerker
    Probably the most *** thing ZOS could ever do with pre-order perks. Why would they NOT give it to every character, anyways? I just don't see the purpose.

ZOS is making a habit of bad decisions.
    Options
  • Dog73
    Dog73
    Soul Shriven
    Chomppa wrote: »

I have never known any MMO where beta toons and equipment rolled over to the main server.

The only time you would expect this to happen is in an Early Access. In beta, nothing can be expected to stay the same from hour to hour.

Options
  • Scorpion1311
    Valn wrote: »
    Made a character, looked in my mail, took out all the items, decided I didnt like the look of my character.

Made a new character, found out all the mudcrab and ring of mara items were deleted because they were on the first character.

I have no explorer pack, no vanity pets, no ring of mara. It seems the mailbox is shared through all characters.

Worst system ever. I thought i'd get the same stuff for each new character I make.

As you quoted in another thread about people complaining over getting ripped off the early access time..."Get over it, its just a bonus"....called karma, hows it feel!
    Options
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    obviously the smart move would be for them to just deliver them to all characters and bind on pick up

brains are overrated, right?
    A large yellow rectangle

Options
  • Edlyn
    Edlyn
    Guys really?

I still haven't gotten my items back. And two days ago I received this email:

Hail and Well Met Vestige,
    Thank you for brining your lack of reward bonuses to our attention. Rest assured that there is a way for these rewards to reach your inventory. The Prophet has tasked me to inform you how to accomplish this.
    For purchases from certain retailers, some digital perks and bonus items will not be available until a game key has been applied to the customer's account. This means customers may have received some of the digital perks and bonus items, such as the ability to play any race in any alliance, but not all of the expected items.

Items Affected:
    o Mubcrab Vanity Pet
    o Scuttler Vanity Pet
    o Bonus Treasure Maps

The remaining pre-order bonus items will be received when customers enter the game key provided by your retailer starting on April 3rd.
    1. Locate the game code, not the early access code, in the retail box (or sent in an email in the case of a "download only" purchase)
    2. Log into http://account.elderscrollsonline.com
    3. Click Account Summary
    4. Click Redeem Code
    5. Enter the Game Code
    6. Apply the game key
    7. Log into the game and check the in-game mail to verify the pre-order bonus items

If this process does not resolve your issue please contact us again and we will investigate the matter further.
    Thank you for your continued support. May you break many anchors in quest for the Ruby Throne

I purchased the digital edition from you... so I do NOT have a game code. I told you that 2 days ago but no reply yet.

But you know what? I deeply regret that I purchased the game but I will NOT subscribe to it with such a *** customer service. I play MMO's since almost 2 decades and your customer service is the worst!!!

What a disappointment!!

EDIT: The issue finally got resolved. I got all my items back this morning. Thank you!!!

Edited by Edlyn on April 6, 2014 2:47PM
    Options
  • janine.rawnsleyb16_ESO
    Hello. I made an alt as my first character, and deleted the maps not relevant to his alliance. My reply from support did not reflect any of the official responses here on the matter:

"The pre order items are to be used only on one character they can not be transferred to different characters. If the items are placed on a character they will remain on that character. Even if the character is deleted the items will be deleted as well."

Forgive me for assuming that since every single mmo I've played uses account bound bonuses, that a AAA title such as ESO would, too.

At least I have my pets. I guess. If I put them in the bank and shift them around.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog73 wrote: »
    Chomppa wrote: »

I have never known any MMO where beta toons and equipment rolled over to the main server.

The only time you would expect this to happen is in an Early Access. In beta, nothing can be expected to stay the same from hour to hour.

Some F2P MMOs run soft launches that they pass off as betas. They're not, it's a marketing thing, and since they're trying to get people to cough up money for in game advantages, they won't do wipes. Off hand I can't remember any specific examples, but if that's your only frame of reference, expecting there won't be a wipe isn't completely unreasonable.
    Options
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread still a valid way to have a ticket open to recover the items?

I did the same thing. Created a character, didn't like it. Created a new one and deleted the old one, along with the explorer pack, etc. It wasn't until I opened the mail with the new character that I realized what had happened.
    Edited by babedenny on April 6, 2014 1:45PM
    Options
  • Arisyth
    Arisyth
    I have also had this issue. Deleted my first character not knowing the monkey pet would also be deleted and not created on new characters. Please re-send the monkey pet back to me.
    Options
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭
    im still missing my items but i got the same email response as pinkmouse but no fix yet... and i made the ticket at the first day of the 5 day early acces....
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't gotten my beta monkey back yet but I suspect it's because they're working on a way to recover items from in game rather than a CSR mailing them to us.

Luckily for me it's only the beta monkey I deleted so I can wait.
    Options
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    I sent an in-game ticket asking if they had forgot about returning my items and I got 3 in-game mails within 10 minutes, 2 sets of the maps (not sure why) my scuttler and mudcrab and I already previously got my rings and monkey back. Just pester them incessantly.
    Options
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭
    Yup same here, after posting here yesterday and eating dinner, i came back and a cs-grunt had granted me all my items back !
    gotta say i had expected it to take abit longer to fix, so im really happy to see they did not take an arrow to the knee and got it fixed for so many people allready.
    :)
    Options
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    The only saving me from suffering this issue is because all MMO's i've played before does the same, they put bonus once per account, not per character. So, just saying, for those who say all other MMO's put bonus per account, no, not all of them, you just unlucky to only have played those who did so. That being said, it's not entirely your fault, as it is not entirely the devs fault as well. Hope you all get your bonus back.
    Options
  • Soneka
    Soneka
    Soul Shriven
    someone's problem was solved?
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course I had to do the stupidest mistake - I made a temporary testing character to try out some stuff, somehow when in the bank window I managed to go to the wrong category, so I withdrew a lot of stuff onto the character instead of depositing it... Among the stuff was the Rings of Mara... Of course, I didn't notice it before it was too late (i.e. - the temporary alt had been deleted). Am I s-o-l, or is it still possible to get the Rings of Mara back?
    Options
  • Blu3d0gd3m0cr8ts
    Blu3d0gd3m0cr8ts
    ✭✭✭
    I to Lost all my in game items, But I wanted to try something out, so i Swapped my Server Settings from NA to EU and I have all my in game items there. So I guess I'll be playing on the EU side from here on. Better community over there anyhow !
    Options
  • Euphorium
    Euphorium
    I contacted customer support on this issue and they said they're working on a fix, that is called good customer service my friends.

Options