The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

All mail items deleted along with character

• Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Rootz wrote: »
    A day further, sending 3 emails and i still not have any reply or my items. This should have been sorted in beta and it's taking a *** that this need to take so long or a answer in the first place.

Luckily, I have not opened any of the attachments yet (I only received the Rings of Mara and the Monkey).

I hope everyone gets the problem resolved but when it comes to prioritizing things to fix I would hope that they don't make this the top priority as there are more important items than vanity pets and treasure maps. There are some who are having account issues where they can't play the game. There are those who have sound issues, others with login issues, crash issues. There are still a few broken quests, etc. The bonus items are nice but none are required to play the game.

Also, cluttering up the support queue with multiple e-mails about the same item just does nothing but hinder customer support's efforts to work through the queue. With a launch like this do you have any idea how many support tickets are opened? It's not like they have a customer support person for each customer. It is going to take time.

Good luck to everyone though.

Options
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    Dolenz wrote: »
    I hope everyone gets the problem resolved but when it comes to prioritizing things to fix I would hope that they don't make this the top priority as there are more important items than vanity pets and treasure maps. There are some who are having account issues where they can't play the game. There are those who have sound issues, others with login issues, crash issues. There are still a few broken quests, etc. The bonus items are nice but none are required to play the game.

I believe (and certainly hope!) that they have several teams of devs working on issues concurrently. They will triage issues of course in order of priority to ensure that people can at least play the game before people can play the game with a monkey following them. (BUT I STILL WANT MY DAMN MONKEY BACK)

With this said, they should have ample staff and resources to cover most important and prevalent issues concurrently; and as this is such a prominent and large issue (almost 7k views on this thread alone) it will most likely receive faster attention from the devs than say some in-game issues like spelling mistakes etc. It is literally a case of sitting tight for the immense patch they will undoubtedly roll out before 4/4/14.

Also, cluttering up the support queue with multiple e-mails about the same item just does nothing but hinder customer support's efforts to work through the queue. With a launch like this do you have any idea how many support tickets are opened? It's not like they have a customer support person for each customer. It is going to take time.

Agreed, although I made two tickets myself I do realise the more we make support tickets pertaining to the same issue the longer it will take for them to get through them all.
    Options
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    Options
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone! We have a thread posted for those who have this issue and who have not contacted our Customer Support Team yet. Please head over: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62603/deleted-imperial-edition-early-access-items
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone! We have a thread posted for those who have this issue and who have not contacted our Customer Support Team yet. Please head over: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62603/deleted-imperial-edition-early-access-items

OK that's fine and dandy. You STILL haven't said that these items WILL be returned to players. Yes, I WANT that assurance.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • lloysa
    lloysa
    Luxx wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. Nowhere in the mail does it specify that they are one time use either.

Actually, if you read the mail with the ring of mara pledge attached, it DOES say that if you delete the character the items will be destroyed and that you must put them in the bank first. It also has a pop-up warning when you sign into the game.
    Shailla I have a Standard Digital Edition - so NO rings of Mara and e-mail with this text. I have only two mails - one for pet as a beta tester and the other for the Explorers' Pack. NONE of the letters states that deleting the char will permanently delete the items. At the moment I deleted the char - there was no message about it in the launcher.

I work for 7 years already in the SW development company - many projects, many launches and releases. God knows I understand all the difficulties with release of such a massive project. And I really know that Customer Support, Pms, Marketing can't check all the minor scratches before launch (i.e. - NO warning for standard edition)/

But there are plenty much simple desisions for quick fix - an in-game merchant, a repeated mailing to all subscribers (at least some of them will have TWO pets - it really doesn't matter in fact)

BTW - I left two tickets yesterday morning - one from in-game service and the other through the web-site.
    Got responce asking for more details and account information only for the first one. The ticket-system on the web-site didn't even sent an automatic e-mail with the ticket #, not saying of any reaction from the support team. It's really weird
    Edited by lloysa on March 31, 2014 3:15PM
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick question - does all this mean that only ONE of your characters may "play in any alliance"? The website states clearly that: "Your characters can join any of the alliances, no matter which race you choose.". So I'm a bit of confused and don't want to waste the chance? Any help? Please? I can reward you with a cheeseburger, here please:

cheeseburger.jpg
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the other thread for reporting deleted items posted by the company:
    ZOS_RobinsonE Administrator, Moderator admin
    11:14AM

MornaBaine wrote: »
    I have just one question. ARE you going to return the items to those players that accidentally deleted them? A definitive answer will be appreciated.

We will return the items to the players that accidentally deleted them and contacted us by replying to this thread, or by submitting a ticket from the support page.

So this makes me feel better as we've finally gotten an official commitment to having the items returned. This was ALL they had to say in order to have avoided all the drama here.

Options
  • Doilz
    Doilz
    Soul Shriven
    I sent an email to ZeniMax Sunday, has anyone else been waiting a while?
    Options
  • Edlyn
    Edlyn
    Has anyone gotten their items back yet? I submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything yet. :(
    Options
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    pinkmoose wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten their items back yet? I submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything yet. :(

I have my monkey and rings of mara back, they didn't replace all my treasure maps, mudcrabs, scuttler etc, so I emailed them again and got this reply:
    There is still an issue we are working on right now with the remaining items missing, we are working as fast as we can to resolve this issue for you and other players, we ask for your continued patience in this matter. As a gamer myself I can understand your frustration but we will do our best to get everything back to your account as soon as possible.

So I wouldn't worry, I have a couple items back so it shows they are going to replace them, just have to wait for the rest of the stuff now! :smile:
    Options
  • Xfan
    Xfan
    Doilz wrote: »
    Yes, i'm waiting almost 48 hours now without a single response, didn't even get a confirmation email ...

Options
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Just a quick question - does all this mean that only ONE of your characters may "play in any alliance"? The website states clearly that: "Your characters can join any of the alliances, no matter which race you choose.". So I'm a bit of confused and don't want to waste the chance? Any help? Please? I can reward you with a cheeseburger, here please:

- If you pre-order all the characters you make can play in any alliance.
    - if you buy the Imperial Edition all your characters can buy the Imperial horse (symbolic price 1gold)

- The pets, maps & ring of mara are ONE per account.
    Options
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    Moedig wrote: »
    pinkmoose wrote: »

I have my monkey and rings of mara back, they didn't replace all my treasure maps, mudcrabs, scuttler etc, so I emailed them again and got this reply:
    There is still an issue we are working on right now with the remaining items missing, we are working as fast as we can to resolve this issue for you and other players, we ask for your continued patience in this matter. As a gamer myself I can understand your frustration but we will do our best to get everything back to your account as soon as possible.

So I wouldn't worry, I have a couple items back so it shows they are going to replace them, just have to wait for the rest of the stuff now! :smile:

Did they send you a confirmation e-mail when they returned the items they did?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the maps. Since my husband still doesn't have his back if we group and I use my maps can HE also get the treasure or must you have the map on you to get the treasure?

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also love to know if they plan to do what they should have in the first place and make these items account wide instead of only letting one of your characters have them.

Options
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    Starnes wrote: »

Did they send you a confirmation e-mail when they returned the items they did?

Yes they did, I have quoted it below:
    Greetings!

We have sent you an in game email containing your deleted items from the imperial pack! Please check your in game inbox to retrieve your items! We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you enjoy the rest of your time in battle in Cyrodiil!

Divines guide you friend!
    Stephen
    The Elder Scrolls Online.

Despite him saying "the imperial pack" it actually just contained the monkey from the beta tests and the rings of mara. It did not contain the maps, scuttler or mud crabs so I sent another ticket and they said they would also be replaced soon!

Edited by Moedig on April 1, 2014 12:20PM
    Options
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
    Options
  • weresloth
    weresloth
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I have a question about the maps. Since my husband still doesn't have his back if we group and I use my maps can HE also get the treasure or must you have the map on you to get the treasure?

If the Explorer Pack trasure maps work like dropped treasure maps (yes, lucky wife got an extra different treasure map dropped by a MOB on Stros M'Kay), if you don't have the map you don't see the terrain mound you need to dig in order to retrieve the treasure chest.

I know because I was lovingly insulting her while she was collecting two blue daggers and three other green items from the treasure chest she got from the mound I coudn't see and dig...

TL;DR: Probably not.
    Options
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    so a few things, i might have over-reacted a little on Sunday when this occurred, but this is a frustrating issue, and a lot of people did the same thing...almost ALL of us have played other MMO's and we all assume that the 'pet system' / promo system works the same way.

-whatever promo items you acquire are 'mailed' to all characters on an account.

when you use them, they get added to your abilities.

OK, so ESO is different, a lot of us learned the hard way, sometimes that's what it takes.

If this sharing system is what they want, fine...i have a suggestion for a logical change befitting with lore & reality.

Being pets are animals like horses, players should need to bring them to the stable where they can be stored permanently (like a boarding house), OR chose to keep it in inventory and run the risk of deleting it. After it is stored it can be accessed by all characters on an account at whim. Instead of wasting inventory / bank space, they are always there at the stable. a character just need walk over and talk to the stable master and choose which pet to take....they can log out with that toon, log in with another, and grab the same pet if they wanted.

this is an MMO, characters come and go, bank / inventory space should

also, how long does it take for them to reply to the emails? i know they say a day but, i'm sure they're flooded right now.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 1, 2014 1:32PM
    Options
  • Doilz
    Doilz
    Soul Shriven

Xfan wrote: »
    Doilz wrote: »
    Yes, i'm waiting almost 48 hours now without a single response, didn't even get a confirmation email ...

Good to know. I am still waiting without any response as well.

Options
  • 88mister88b16_ESO
    hello ZOS! 8) ive made my 1st character on sunday and toke my pets and maps from the mail then when i lvld to lvl2 to i saw that i whasnt a nightblade but an dragonknight so i logged out and wanted to make a nighrblade with the same name,but to do that i needed to delete the DK as it had that name ,so i did made my nightblade and went into the game to find out the maps are per created character but per account,ive made a ticket but havent heared anything fro CS so far.can i have my maps and pets back pls? kind regards keysha88
    Options
  • RedVelvet
    RedVelvet
    Hello
    I have the same problem as many people here I see.
    I made 1st character but I had a bug where I couldnt scroll to see its face close.
    Later I recived 2 mails in game about vanity pet monkey and pledge of mara.
    Then I deleted the character because it was just ugly and I decided to play as other class.

How many mails in general should I recive in game ?

PS. I hope everyone will get their items back because its just really stupid to lost every bonus items just by deleting character.

Edited by RedVelvet on April 2, 2014 2:25AM
    Options
  • v8der
    v8der
    Add me to the list, my pre-order items are gone after deleting my first character.
    Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    Valn wrote: »
    Made a character, looked in my mail, took out all the items, decided I didnt like the look of my character.

Made a new character, found out all the mudcrab and ring of mara items were deleted because they were on the first character.

I have no explorer pack, no vanity pets, no ring of mara. It seems the mailbox is shared through all characters.

Worst system ever. I thought i'd get the same stuff for each new character I make.

Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    only makes sense if you ask me as in Rift everything you pay for each char gets no matter what... just saying..
    Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    Willow wrote: »
    My one message did say they were unique. You can store them in the bank but cannot mail them. I ran to the bank and am able to share them. Doubt this helps anyone here though.

Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    still if other games that dont charge as much can do it i dont see why the eso cant thats trivial if you ask me... just saying.... when you pay a substantial amount of money for something from the start you should be able to get that substantial in return. its ur money... come on.
    Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    Luxx wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. Nowhere in the mail does it specify that they are one time use either.

My e-mail says right at the top.

"WARNING: The attached is a one-time redeemable item. To give it to another one of your characters, deposit it in your shared bank acount, accessed from major cities. Do not delete a character when this item is in inventory or it will be permantly lost"

Can't get much clearer than that.

Options
  • urahara0
    urahara0
    thats still bs when you are paying that much for a game..... especially a game thats new.... come on guys dont ripp the people who pay your bills off.... they are taking away from thier household to support yours the least you can do is be supportive... and yes i know it takes you away from your family.... but us paying what we do and playing the way we do takes us away from ours..... just saying.... goes hand and hand so be nice....
    Options