Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

All mail items deleted along with character

• DarkKnightRW
    Well add me to the list. I did it too. Man do i feel dumb that i did not read the mail instructions better. But i am so use to mmos where you can get the bonus items for any character you create so i was not even ready for this.
  • Starsunder
    Add me as well, I did the same damn thing. Too used to EVERY OTHER MMO having a system where you get the items on every character you create.
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this happened to me at 730am EDT. Well before there was any notice about it. I didn't see any think about it until I logged at 230pm to take a break. :/

I did send a ticket, but this is just ridiculous.

Find out after the fact doesn't do me any good.
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I noticed with my e-mails and the other screenshots I have seen.

The pre-order bonus items (rings of Mara) definitely warned you that you should not delete a character with those items in your inventory.

The customer appreciation e-mails (the monkey per for beta testing) did not have that warning in the e-mail. Technically you did not pay for those so I hope they won't prioritize returning the monkey pet to people when there are folks who can't log in or who purchased the game and it does not show on their account page.
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dolenz wrote: »
    This is what I noticed with my e-mails and the other screenshots I have seen.

The pre-order bonus items (rings of Mara) definitely warned you that you should not delete a character with those items in your inventory.

The customer appreciation e-mails (the monkey per for beta testing) did not have that warning in the e-mail. Technically you did not pay for those so I hope they won't prioritize returning the monkey pet to people when there are folks who can't log in or who purchased the game and it does not show on their account page.

1 of the 5 in game messages had a warning. None of the pets, nor the explorer pack came with a warning on it.

Who is going to take their mara ring off one character and transfer it to another via the bank? Those items should always be per character not per account.

• AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    Khami wrote: »

1 of the 5 in game messages had a warning. None of the pets, nor the explorer pack came with a warning on it.

Who is going to take their mara ring off one character and transfer it to another via the bank? Those items should always be per character not per account.

There're people who accidentally choose wrong alliance. The bank system save them the ring, and save devs team the work.
  • Edlyn
    Edlyn
    It just happened to me too... I truly hope they are working on a solution. What a bad start! :(
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Out of all the problems they could be havinh, this is a very minor one. Send in a ticket and go play. You'll get your stuff.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Support sent me an email saying Status: Solved and

"Helping you is our passion!

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 days.

We look forward to working with you again should you need us!"

That's all the email says, and it's not solved. There's no message from a CS rep or anything, just that generic response.

Why are they sending out emails saying our issue is solved if it isn't?
  • abandage_ESO
    Hello,

How long is the queue taking to get items back? I submitted my ticket at 5am and it's now 6:30pm. Ticket #140330-005074.
  • SpieleNerd
    i know you will hate me for that, but ... how about reading the mail ?

sounds harsh but i wish you guys would learn it the hard way (we all know they will get their items restored , BIG sorry from Bethesda "it was all our fault" ect ect... but one can at least dream ... )
    Edited by SpieleNerd on March 31, 2014 1:46AM
  • abandage_ESO
    Thank you for the helpful post Spiele. Obviously I made a mistake and I know it could have been prevented. However I came here looking for help and info on the time its taking for CS to get to everyone. Learn to read comments aren't super helpful at this point, and while its my fault the items are gone, the fact that the pre-order/beta/Imperial items are designed to be used by one character only is not common with how other games handle similar items.
  • evi23
    evi23
    The problem is, most people would assume it wasn't a 1 time only thing because every other mmo in existence makes it an account wide thing where every character gets it. No one expected it to be a 1 time only thing which wasn't clearly stated enough in the email. There was no big bold writing to cause anyone to even look at the email.
  • Varikae
    Varikae
    Exactly evi23, I for example bought the game and the second i could get in i did. Made a character, didn't like it so delete. got the usual type delete message and boom. Now we are all one big item-less family =). I am glad that someone at least responded to the posting.

Edit: just looked in my forum profile that was just set up before this comment and guess what i just found. A big message saying not to delete the character that you make with the items on it until you put them in a bank. >.< little late there guys. Pls fix this
    Edited by Varikae on March 31, 2014 2:14AM
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    My husband and I BOTH preordered for these items! Seriously people, get your act together and FIX THIS NOW. It is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE that he has lost all his preorder items. We were looking forward to using the rings of Mara together but hey he no longer has his! Part of the point of doing the preorder and get the items and start playing early was to level up quickly together and get our guild started. I am completely pissed off and disappointed that this was implemented in such a half assed way! I am FURIOUS!

Launches are usually fumbled and full of problems. Are you new to mmo launches? Submit a ticket, sit back, and wait for them to get to you. No need to get pissed. You should expect this. Now you know.

Edited by Distrobomb on March 31, 2014 2:17AM
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • 12ytse
    12ytse
    First of all - such thing should be mentioned on their website next to all the bonuses included in the preorder. Like: WARNING items are generated only one time. Obviously a lot of people create character and than after few minutes decide to delete it and make another one. Second of all - this is ridiculous! Those preorder items should be easly retrievable!!! What in the hell are those guys doing? So happy that I read this thread, while my game is still downloading..
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koltes wrote: »
    What are you guys 9 year old kids?

Stop yelling, sweating and panicking like a gipsy with a mortgage.
    Calm down and do some research before you blame anyone and everyone but yourselves for your own stupidity. You have screwed it up, but fear not. Your pixels WILL be given back to you so you would just stop crying.

You WILL have to wait though, as there are just too many of you clowns out there doing this.
    Before you start throwing blame and insults around it isn't all our own stupid fault.

I took the stuff out of the mailbox and placed it in the bank - but treasure maps won't go into the bank (they're bound to the first character that takes them out? Not sure, haven't logged back in to check on that character), so it's game design at fault here.

I don't believe the mail said the items I was about to take out were bound to the character...anyone would naturally assume they'd be bound to the account and could be placed in the bank, right?
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭

Calm down and do some research before you blame anyone and everyone but yourselves for your own stupidity. You have screwed it up, but fear not. Your pixels WILL be given back to you so you would just stop crying.

You WILL have to wait though, as there are just too many of you clowns out there doing this.

It seems that the only clown here is you, did you bother to read the comments? there wasn't a warning email early in the morning, it wasn't until people starting creating tickets that they decided to alert people about the issue.

If you don't have something useful to say you should keep your 9 year old comments to yourself, using the same line of thought that you used to insult everyone.

Ahem, his comment was actually useful. They are aware of this issue and are attempting to rectify it. Whether or not a warning was given is irrelevant. Why cry about spilled milk when someone is currently cleaning it up?
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Distrobomb wrote: »

It seems that the only clown here is you, did you bother to read the comments? there wasn't a warning email early in the morning, it wasn't until people starting creating tickets that they decided to alert people about the issue.

If you don't have something useful to say you should keep your 9 year old comments to yourself, using the same line of thought that you used to insult everyone.

Ahem, his comment was actually useful. They are aware of this issue and are attempting to rectify it. Whether or not a warning was given is irrelevant. Why cry about spilled milk when someone is currently cleaning it up?
    His comment was ***, he's just using this thread as a way to release tension and anger from whatever totally unrelated something else is bothering him.

• Sonic_Agent
    Sonic_Agent
    Soul Shriven
    I seriously hate this system. I bought the game and I was playing with my friend, when I realised I was in the wrong alliance. I deleted the character, and made a new one. Everything is gone now. So stupid.
  • Koltes
    Koltes
    Soul Shriven
    babylon wrote: »
    Before you start throwing blame and insults around it isn't all our own stupid fault.

I took the stuff out of the mailbox and placed it in the bank - but treasure maps won't go into the bank (they're bound to the first character that takes them out? Not sure, haven't logged back in to check on that character), so it's game design at fault here.

I don't believe the mail said the items I was about to take out were bound to the character...anyone would naturally assume they'd be bound to the account and could be placed in the bank, right?

Chill out dude.
    They meant one thing, you assumed the other. Usual stuff. Devs already admitted that they should have been more specific about the items. They are working on it.

Can you last a little without them? Has this little wait ruined you game so much that you are that pissed off? Matey then the game is not in issue. You are. No matter where you go or what you do the attitude you bring in is the attitude you get back.

Read between the lines --> If temporary loss of your unique items is your only issue then submit the ticket and wait for your items to be returned to you.

You were not called names for making a mistake (it is after all not entirely your mistake), but for putting on an act and making all the drama.

Unhappy? Can wait? Game frustrates you? Everybody else frustrates you too (me the most i guess)?
    Uninstall and ask for refund. Nothing will make you happy anyways.

Be a good man. Pull your socks up and wait. Peace out

Edited by Koltes on March 31, 2014 3:02AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing that concerns me folks. Individuals have been getting reassured that they will get their items back from various low level CS employees. HOWEVER what the COMPANY has done is put out a warning telling you not to delete your character with the items OR THEY WILL BE LOST FOREVER. Legally, they have CYA'ed themselves and they have NOT said they will fix this issue. In fact, they have said EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. So until the company itself issues a statement saying they will fix this issue as a customer satisfaction issue I will continue to believe they are perfectly fine with giving the shaft to countless customers who made a simple mistake that would have never been an issue in any other game on the market. And so far, no one has had anything returned. Brace yourselves for the big middle finger folks.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Koltes
    Koltes
    Soul Shriven
    Here's the thing that concerns me folks. Individuals have been getting reassured that they will get their items back from various low level CS employees. HOWEVER what the COMPANY has done is put out a warning telling you not to delete your character with the items OR THEY WILL BE LOST FOREVER. Legally, they have CYA'ed themselves and they have NOT said they will fix this issue. In fact, they have said EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. So until the company itself issues a statement saying they will fix this issue as a customer satisfaction issue I will continue to believe they are perfectly fine with giving the shaft to countless customers who made a simple mistake that would have never been an issue in any other game on the market. And so far, no one has had anything returned. Brace yourselves for the big middle finger folks.

Oh god...

This is what is written:
    Please ensure that you do not delete a character that has retrieved Imperial Edition or Standard Edition items out of the mail until you put the items in the bank. If you have accidentally deleted your Imperial Edition or Standard Edition items, please contact support: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask

You are less than 24 hours into the game. There are ALWAYS issues associated with MMO launches. Early access does not guarantee that you wont have issues. It just gives you an early access and all the "fun" stuff associated with it.

Now, lets be logical. Would devs *** you off and not give you your pixels back? What are they going to achieve apart from pissing off their customer? Of course you will get your items back man. Sit tight.

Also so you are aware, The Company is responsible for its employees while they are at work. If they made such statements then company WILL do accordingly. If employees made a mistake then its a company's problem like false advertisement and it still will have to do and act as promised. Their problem not yours.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so now there's THIS at the top of the forum posts:
    Please ensure that you do not delete a character that has retrieved Imperial Edition or Standard Edition items out of the mail until you put the items in the bank. If you have accidentally deleted your Imperial Edition or Standard Edition items, please contact support: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask

OK that's a LITTLE better than the pop up stating your items would be gone forever that they went with earlier. It gives me some hope that they are at least planning on doing the right thing. And frankly, as a further mea culpea, I really think they should simply make these items account wide as part of the fix. This didn't have to happen in the first place, it was just implemented really, REALLY poorly.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    Zen can you please lock this thread? I'm having the same issue but yelling about how life isn't fair isn't going to get it fixed any faster. Submit a ticket and wait that's all you can do. They have far worst things to fix right now then the problem WE created by being dumb and deleting our characters with our stuff. Get over it and wait!

Thank you for your hard work Zen!
    Meow
  • Koltes
    Koltes
    Soul Shriven
    ^ I second that :)
  • 12ytse
    12ytse

Eeeeeexacly. They put this massage not to delete character NOW, which they should have done long time ago. Nothing to ensure us that we will have our items returned. This is not our fault at all. In fact the problem is so big, so many players fell into this, that yeah.. brace yourself for the big middle finger. What bothers me is the ideas and solutions those guys come up with. Ommiting this situation, there are a lot of annoying things and solutions in ESO. As much as I reeeally enjoy the game in itself, damn they seriously should put some things together.
  • pylonnb16_ESO
    pylonnb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    At least you all GOT them. I never got my pre-order pack. I can choose any race on any faction, but that is it. no maps, no mudcrab, etc. WTF??? Even got that scroll of mara or whatever it is.
  • Nefier
    Nefier
    Soul Shriven
    After Guild Wars 2's launch I'll never make the same mistake again. I knew better when I opened my mail in game today and put them straight in the bank.
    Nefier of Sacred Haven
    My Tumblr Page
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devs already admitted that they should have been more specific about the items. They are working on it.

The thing is not that they shouldn't be more specific about the items, they should have designed the system different from the start. You get one vanity pet you have to put in the bank and swap around every time you change a character? Wtf kind of system is that?

There's a reason all the other MMOs do it the better way (or at least all the MMOs I know). Every character gets the items.

Why they chose this way is beyond me, but we warned them and we sent them plenty of /feedback about it and they didn't listen. For some reason someone in charge thinks that items that have to be constantly traded among your characters if you want to use them is the better system.