The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All mail items deleted along with character

• Lenthas
    Lenthas
    I actually came to the conclusion myself that it was a one time deal and not for every character, it's true, there is no warning or anything said about them being unique.
  • BiscuitAhoy
    Yup. Exactly the same happened to me.
  • lehereseb17_ESO
    Have the same problem. Just made in game ticket. I have made a character, taken the mail items and unkowning its one per account deleted that char beceuse i didnt like how he looked.
  • misfits118
    Same exact problem here, wrote to support. No reply as of yet however I understand they must be very busy at this moment in time.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I re-read my own e-mail since I had deleted my first character BEFORE going into my character mail to claim the items and sure enough it warns that it's just for the one character right off the bat. BUT that has got to be the cheapest, cheesiest, and poorly implemented "bonus" I have EVER seen. And because most people are losing their stuff BECAUSE OF THE CHARACTER CREATION GLITCH THAT WASN'T EVEN A PROBLEM IN BETA I really think Bethesda needs to do the right thing and restore all those items ASAP. We PAID for them. So I don't really care about their silly little warning in the email... I want what we PAID for. This is a serious customer service issue.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    These items should at the very least be deposited into the bank account directly, not into an inventory slot for a newly created character. And if a character is deleted while holding these things they should automatically be placed back into the bank account.
    Edited by Starnes on March 30, 2014 5:54PM
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your patience, guys. We're working on a solution :) In the meantime, please create and submit a ticket to Support so you can get yourself in their queue.

The solution is simple. Don't make these things for one character only. Give *all* characters the items and you would NEVER have that these problems. This was brought to your attention countless times over the beta period.

I'd be fine with the rings being one per faction say, but pets...that is foolish on its face.
  • Eligius
    Eligius
    Soul Shriven
    In the same boat, though thankfully the only issue for me at the moment is the CE maps for Coldharbour. Not sure why the vanity pets and the CE maps are one character only - I can sort of understand the Ring of Mara (which is the only email that states one use only btw).

Submitted in game and on the site, hope to see it resolved shortly.
  • Datamadness
    Eligius wrote: »
    In the same boat, though thankfully the only issue for me at the moment is the CE maps for Coldharbour. Not sure why the vanity pets and the CE maps are one character only - I can sort of understand the Ring of Mara (which is the only email that states one use only btw).

I have been waiting five hours for mine. Submitted a CSR call back request 3 1/4 hours ago for something else, but no contact. Not impressed.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been waiting five hours for mine. Submitted a CSR call back request 3 1/4 hours ago for something else, but no contact. Not impressed.

This does not bode well. My husband is waiting as well.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Drakhoun
    Drakhoun
    Same thing happened to me as well. I hope they restore our items. It was not clear that these items were not account bound.
  • TrillBilly
    TrillBilly
    ✭✭
    Odd the mail I got with my items CLEARLY STATES "DO NOT DELETE THE HERO THESE ITEMS ARE ON OR THEY WILL BE GONE" maybe you didn't read it through but you really should you spent that much money on it and didn't take a few seconds to clearly read through the terms.

Hell it even tell you to put them into the bank to share them how could you miss that whole instruction in the mail with the items?
    Edited by TrillBilly on March 30, 2014 6:33PM
  • Datamadness
    Odd the mail I got with my items CLEARLY STATES "DO NOT DELETE THE HERO THESE ITEMS ARE ON OR THEY WILL BE GONE" maybe you didn't read it through but you really should you spent that much money on it and didn't take a few seconds to clearly read through the terms.

Hell it even tell you to put them into the bank to share them how could you miss that whole instruction in the mail with the items?

See the post from Luxx:

"You're right, you can't. Except mine didn't say that.
    i57.tinypic.com/sdib9k.jpg"
  • TrillBilly
    TrillBilly
    ✭✭
    Matter of fact I just went back ingame and re-read it "The mail that came with the items." The first word on the mail and in bold caps is WARNING then followed by the instructions not to delete the toon if the items are on it. I'm not tryin to be an *** here but come on how do you guys miss this.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 30, 2014 8:05PM
  • TrillBilly
    TrillBilly
    ✭✭

See the post from Luxx:

"You're right, you can't. Except mine didn't say that.
    i57.tinypic.com/sdib9k.jpg"

Well sorry for the bad luck but why on gods green earth would they make different mails. Hope you get help.
  • DrProfVukasin
    So glad I decided to say screw it when I saw I couldn't zoom in on my character's face in creation. No way in hell am I making a character I can't zoom in on and tweak the finer features of the face. Find it funny that I could during beta but not now.
  • Biezenw22eb17_ESO
    the suggestion to contact customer support is a lie, i waited for over an hour to have a direct chat with an agent in-game. right on the moment i saw him joining the chat and after my greeting 'he ended the conversation prematurely' without a single reply. hopefully the e-mail will be more helpful. As for now, i lost my items too (obtained the mail) because of the cosmetic discontent of my first character --> zoom bug--> resulted in my first character deletion.
    Edited by Biezenw22eb17_ESO on March 30, 2014 7:13PM
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

This does not bode well. My husband is waiting as well.

I hope I will get an answer tomorrow...waiting for more than 7 hours now...
    Edited by Myrdreth on March 30, 2014 7:37PM
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Datamadness
    I was told nearly seven hours ago someone would restore it "soon" and email me out of game when it was done. Sent in a call back request after two hours and email. Waited 4 hours and called them. Got a CSR in less that five minutes and said he knew nothing about a restoration or call back. Did see I made contact but they were all closed tickets. Told me the problem would be solved quickly I would get an out of game email verifying someone is working on it. Called back after 30 minutes when no email showed up. Support hung up after twenty minutes (during the hold music). Calling again since I have no confidence.

If this is the level of quality, not looking good for taking out a subscription. If you say you are doing something, do it.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't even put the treasure maps in my bank so I can let another character take the maps. Keeps telling me "you can't do this at this time" or something similar. Was able to bank the pets, but can't do anything to move the maps from the character's bag who picked them up from the mailbox.

This is a terrible system, they should be getting sent to each character for a start, and one set sent to each character after they are made (so a set of all items sent every time a new character is made, just for that new character). It's so miserly making us share the Collector's items with all our characters so only one character can have them.
    Edited by babylon on March 30, 2014 7:59PM
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This really needs to be on each character, also I don't even have my monkey from the September stress test. :(
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Demeos
    Demeos
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted my monkey in this manner. I want my monkey back but if peoples responses are any indication, contacting support won't do squat. :s
  • Dragooner
    Dragooner
    Let give them some Time. The Support have to fix playing or login problems first. And if you have a pet or not won't stop you playing the game. I hope they will restore the deleted items Next days.. I realy hope this
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    Hey guys, I was probably one of the first to do this, I managed to log in to EU megaserver at about 11AM WEST and proceeded to create a toon, but then realising ESO doesn't auto-capitalise the first letter of your characters name I deleted and re-rolled to correct name (and faction) without thinking- all by about 11:05AM. Fail.

I ended up losing all items, submitted 2 support tickets, one direct for email the other for phone call back, both responded here is the email one:

"Oh dear, we here at the union are very distraught to hear of such a thing. We bet it has to do with Molag bol, and his nefarious villainous crew. Unfortunately, we are not able to do regenerate a lost visitor to Tamerial at this time. But, rest assured that I am passing this up to my high elves with magic far far above those of a lonely mud crab."

I then received a phone call from one of the support guys in America who said that loads of these calls had started to flood in and that they didn't have a way to recover deleted accounts or to re-send the mail out currently. They did say they were working on a solution and creating a list of all accounts affected so they can roll it out to those affected as soon as a suitable solution was found.

This should be account wide like every other MMO, or have a similar /claim function to LOTRO that lets you reclaim deleted bonus/pre-order items. Or even an in-game NPC vendor where you can repurchase the items if lost or deleted. Not exactly a complicated fix.

TL:DR; No solution right now so sit tight, working on a fix and will be rectified ASAP. If you contacted support about it you will be on the list to receive a fix.
    Edited by Moedig on March 30, 2014 8:18PM
  • Dunwyrd
    Dunwyrd
    Soul Shriven
    The pop-up warning wasn't there earlier today ... they must be getting a ton of complaints because it's there now.
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    Yes I noticed the message on the launcher, but who the hell has opened the game this morning and closed it to see the launcher message?! I've been playing like 10 hours straight so never would have seen the message regardless hah!

http://i57.tinypic.com/s16fkj.png
  • acunninghan
    Same here... tried to chat but after an hour no one joined, sent an email a couple of hours ago and still no reply.
  • Datamadness
    Okay, finally got a hold of a live CSR. Fixes are not being done "soon" as I was told this morning. A manual fix is not being done since there are thousands of people asking for their items back. Instead a system fix is being worked on. So, not hours, but days or more. Guess best not to wait to start a PC.
  • Moedig
    Moedig
    I wouldn't fret about it too much guys, the fact this is one of the MOST viewed if not THE most viewed thread on the forum (3.2k+ views) and the fact they have made the launcher message about this issue I am sure they will be working hard on providing a fix as soon as possible.

Shouldn't have been an issue to start, whoever came up with this idea at the devs sprint should be forced to buy us all doughnuts and wear the dunce cap.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, finally got a hold of a live CSR. Fixes are not being done "soon" as I was told this morning. A manual fix is not being done since there are thousands of people asking for their items back. Instead a system fix is being worked on. So, not hours, but days or more. Guess best not to wait to start a PC.

Thanks for the info! I hope they will find a good solution to fix this mess.

~ ♥ ~